Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Always had problems with payments going through. My card was declined so I tried paypal but this time I had some balance on there and it went through without a hitch. Seems to a workaround which some of you might be able to use.

[quote name='xanchui']Civ 5 Gods and Kings on sale 12/30 --> http://blog.greenmangaming.com/ says 85% off, plus 30% coupon code = $3.15[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out the date. The email doesn't have the date listed, instead saying only this weekend, so I was rather confused when it was sitting at full price today.

[quote name='xanchui']Civ 5 Gods and Kings on sale 12/30 --> http://blog.greenmangaming.com/ says 85% off, plus 30% coupon code = $3.15[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was just about to buy from Steam too. Glad I checked this thread!

Going back and forth on the XCOM deal. Amazing price to be sure, but I just started putting time into the first game. How much more DLC is planned for XCOM?

Wow, really good deal on XCOM. But I already have it for PS3. Must... not.... give... in...

Oh no guys I think they've got me! Adding to cart!

I hate how I can't buy from GMG 'cause I have an American Express Card.

Would someone mind trading me a copy/key of it? I have The Walking Dead and FTL as gifts and Warhammer 40K Space Marine, Metro 2033, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl keys.

[quote name='streetninja']I hate how I can't buy from GMG 'cause I have an American Express Card.

Would someone mind trading me a copy/key of it? I have The Walking Dead and FTL as gifts and Warhammer 40K Space Marine, Metro 2033, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl keys.[/QUOTE]

You can always use paypal I suppose. I have American express also and use paypal to buy things from GMG with the card.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']You can always use paypal I suppose. I have American express also and use paypal to buy things from GMG with the card.[/QUOTE]

I already tried that and it didn't work for me. It is sad, because I was able to use GMG to preorder Borderlands 2 months ago.

[quote name='Umair56']Wow, really good deal on XCOM. But I already have it for PS3. Must... not.... give... in...

Oh no guys I think they've got me! Adding to cart![/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the PS3 version?

[quote name='basis']hi all, where do I find information on which DLC comes with Civ 5: GOTY and which DLC doesn't?
so that i can make a more informed choice?[/QUOTE]

The only DLC missing from the goty is gods and kings, Korea civ/scenario pack, and ancient wonders DLC.

[quote name='Bierno']Total War Master Collection

Does it get the DLCs? I guess not

EDIT: yeah, apparently it should be Grand Master for everything
lame..
[/QUOTE]

If you buy them separately you can get the "grand master bundle", for around 43$ (3$ more than amazon sale on the 16th)

[quote name='streetninja']I already tried that and it didn't work for me. It is sad, because I was able to use GMG to preorder Borderlands 2 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Thats stinks and is kind of strange, I bought the borderlands 2 season pass yesterday. Maybe try e-mailing paypal or call american express if you haven't done that already.

[quote name='inm8num2']Is the 30% off coupon once per account? Or can you use it more than once?[/QUOTE]

More than once, but once per transaction.

When to do GMG daily sales prices update? Do they update like clockwork (e.g. Steam), or after a short random delay (e.g. Amazon)?
I see GMG says, " 24 hours only, so by 12GMT tomorrow they will be gone" do they mean noon or midnight GMT?
(I feel ignorant, I should know this but I don't.) I want to make sure to snag Civ 5 G&K at the start.

For upcoming GMG deals I find that the GMG Blog is the most detailed.

I'm also a little confused as to the Total War excitement. For Shogun 2, I understand, but the older titles (on steam, which is missing Shogun 1 and Medieval 1) I'm confused. Back on the summer sale...

From KaOTiK's thread on AnandTech
Total War Mega Pack $12.49 75% off includes below
Medieval 2 Total War $2.49 75% off
Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms $1.24 75% off
Rome Total War Gold $2.49 75% off
Rome Total War Alexander $1.24 75% off
Empire Total War $4.99 75% off
Empire Total War DLC $0.81-$2.49 each 75% off
Napoleon Total war $4.99 75% off
Napoleon Total war DLC $0.80-$2.49 each 75% off

I bought the Total War Mega Pack (internally tagged on steam as September 2011) for $12.49. Interestingly my DLC tabs on Steam show more DLC than listed on the GMG pages (e.g. my steam listing for Empire DLC also includes Dahomey Amazons Unit, Death's Head Hussars, & USS Constitution Unit). I'm guessing this is just a listing mixup (or maybe some DLC includes multiple things in the steam DLC tab).

[quote name='asheskitty']When to do GMG daily sales prices update? Do they update like clockwork (e.g. Steam), or after a short random delay (e.g. Amazon)?
I see GMG says, " 24 hours only, so by 12GMT tomorrow they will be gone" do they mean noon or midnight GMT?
(I feel ignorant, I should know this but I don't.) I want to make sure to snag Civ 5 G&K at the start.

For upcoming GMG deals I find that the GMG Blog is the most detailed.

I'm also a little confused as to the Total War excitement. For Shogun 2, I understand, but the older titles (on steam, which is missing Shogun 1 and Medieval 1) I'm confused. Back on the summer sale...

From KaOTiK's thread on AnandTech

I bought the Total War Mega Pack (internally tagged on steam as September 2011) for $12.49. Interestingly my DLC tabs on Steam show more DLC than listed on the GMG pages (e.g. my steam listing for Empire DLC also includes Dahomey Amazons Unit, Death's Head Hussars, & USS Constitution Unit). I'm guessing this is just a listing mixup (or maybe some DLC includes multiple things in the steam DLC tab).[/QUOTE]

Those are the preorder units

[quote name='asheskitty']the older titles (on steam, which is missing Shogun 1 and Medieval 1)[/QUOTE]
I want my Medieval: Total War!. I've seen Shogun 1 for sale in packs before but never M:TW :bomb:

[quote name='Stonekeep']Those are the preorder units[/QUOTE]

Aah, thanks. That probably explains why they're not listed separately. Nice to see that the GOTY version includes them.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I want my Medieval: Total War!. I've seen Shogun 1 for sale in packs before but never M:TW :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I picked up Shogun 1 from GG sometime since the start of August for ~$3. I've never seen Medieval 1 on digital download.

[quote name='asheskitty']When to do GMG daily sales prices update? Do they update like clockwork (e.g. Steam), or after a short random delay (e.g. Amazon)?
I see GMG says, " 24 hours only, so by 12GMT tomorrow they will be gone" do they mean noon or midnight GMT?[/QUOTE]
Similar to Steam: usually within 10 minutes, although it may take longer.
12GMT meaning 1200 rather than 0000

Anyone else having serious issues with GMG still? A couple of days ago I purchased the Titan Question expansion and never received a key. Support offered a refund or I could wait for them to get more keys. I told them I would wait for a key but they haven't contacted me back. I wouldn't of thought it would take long to get more keys from the publisher.

On top of that I attempted to purchase the Borderlands 2 Season pass yesterday morning when it went on sale and I received the order could not complete error repeatedly so I put in a ticket for that as well but they have yet to reply to that one and the sale is now over. :(

Extremely frustrating experience with GMG and its a shame too I got some nice deals during Black Friday from them without any trouble at all.

Anybody want to help me out purchasing this game? I'm having transaction problems with my bank account. Will paypal gift you the money. Thanks!

[quote name='chapnis']Deus Ex worth it for $1.40?[/QUOTE]

Which Deus Ex?

The original Deus Ex is amazing - and one of the best games ever.
Though, keep this in mind - you should get Kentie's EXE fix, if you want to run it right on modern PC's, to eliminate any weird graphics issues & sound issues (choppy sound, cut-off sound, sound lag issues, etc).
Plus, if you got Win Vista or above, you might want the Kentie's D3D 10 Renderer (see the above link - it's on that page, too).

Deus Ex: Invisible War (AKA Deus Ex 2) was good, but nowhere even close to the original game's greatness.
While I liked the game and its story and choice options, I DID NOT like unified ammo (major ewwww and I thought it almost broke the game) and its "consolized" inventory system.

You also might want the Deus Ex 1/2 wide-screen program, so you can run either of those at high-resolutions on modern PC's and monitors.

Problem might be if you get any Steam versions of Deus Ex 1 + 2, might be a pain to mod them up properly. Don't know, never tried it - since I own retail copies of both. You might wanna speak to others on how to do that properly, if you wind-up w/ a Steam-version of either of those two.
I always recommend before you do mod any Steam-version of a game up - back-up your entire Steam-version game in its UNMODDED state BEFORE you go ahead to mod it, just in case something goes wrong later; that's so you can always go back to a clean state w/out re-downloading the game in full, if necessary.

Now, about Deus Ex: Human Revolution + Missing Link DLC (which requires Steam) -- FINALLY, Deus Ex series is back to greatness similar to the original Deus Ex. Awesome game and story.

[quote name='Detruire']Similar to Steam: usually within 10 minutes, although it may take longer.
12GMT meaning 1200 rather than 0000[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for that!

For me steam is like clockwork. Normally 10:02 AM PST, 10:04 during this sale (through honestly I'm no longer excited enough to bother checking right when it turns -- and during the big sales it occasionally takes them a little to correct not-discounted enough gaffees. Amusingly they pulled the Sonic Classics from the sonic pack within a few min. >.>)

[quote name='strdr4']does the Gods and Kings expansion fix the extreme lagginess when it comes to the end game? Loading turns takes like 2-3 mins.[/QUOTE]

Civ 5 is one of few games (mostly strategy) that are really hard on the CPU.

[quote name='asheskitty']Civ 5 is one of few games (mostly strategy) that are really hard on the CPU.[/QUOTE]

I've never had any trouble with Civ5 on my Q9300. Do you have a quad core of some sort? Btw the steam punk scenario that came with Gods and Kings is fantastic fun.

GMG won't accept my paypal account or credit/debit cards because apparently my bank thinks GMG is a gambling site. :(
Anyone willing to purchase XCOM for $17.50 for me? I'd be happy to pay you via paypal first, as along as you have some good rep here like I do.

[quote name='Twie']GMG won't accept my paypal account or credit/debit cards because apparently my bank thinks GMG is a gambling site. :(
Anyone willing to purchase XCOM for $17.50 for me? I'd be happy to pay you via paypal first, as along as you have some good rep here like I do.[/QUOTE]

Halped. ;)

[quote name='Twie']GMG won't accept my paypal account or credit/debit cards because apparently my bank thinks GMG is a gambling site. :(
Anyone willing to purchase XCOM for $17.50 for me? I'd be happy to pay you via paypal first, as along as you have some good rep here like I do.[/QUOTE]

Try going through your phone and paying with paypal that way. Someone pages back said to try it because it works. I couldn't get any payment to go through until I tried with my phone and it went through no problem. No idea why it would work that way but it does.

[quote name='strdr4']does the Gods and Kings expansion fix the extreme lagginess when it comes to the end game? Loading turns takes like 2-3 mins.[/QUOTE]

I remember what you are talking about and I think it had gotten better for me, but one thing to note is that they pushed a big patch around the time G&K came out that basically had all the fixes in G&K but not the new content so basically if you try the game now (assuming you have automatic updates enabled) and still notice that issue then G&K won't fix it.

[quote name='asheskitty']For me steam is like clockwork. Normally 10:02 AM PST, 10:04 during this sale (through honestly I'm no longer excited enough to bother checking right when it turns -- and during the big sales it occasionally takes them a little to correct not-discounted enough gaffees.[/QUOTE]
I often see prices on Steam that don't update for 5-10 minutes. GMG are usually very quick to change the prices (and fix mistakes like the $0.01 Saint's Row pack - unless it actually sold out :lol:), but their homepage isn't updated for 5 minutes or so (sometimes longer, though) and it's a pain to find deals elsewhere.

[quote name='derkduck']Try going through your phone and paying with paypal that way. Someone pages back said to try it because it works. I couldn't get any payment to go through until I tried with my phone and it went through no problem. No idea why it would work that way but it does.[/QUOTE]

This worked for me, thanks a lot.

[quote name='Emuaust']anyone purchase Titan Quest Gold? I grabbed it but didnt get a steam key, first issue I have ever had with gmg[/QUOTE]

Same thing here. No key. Their automated support e-mail said something about waiting 2-4 days + a few more because of the holidays...yikes. I hope this gets rectified sooner than later. $4.20 was the perfect price for me...Steam's had this at $9.99 forever.

Hi I just wanted to know when that Sleeping Dogs credit happened because I bought it back before Nov. and it sucks that it was the same price and yet they gave credit this time.

[quote name='heybtbm']Same thing here. No key. Their automated support e-mail said something about waiting 2-4 days + a few more because of the holidays...yikes. I hope this gets rectified sooner than later. $4.20 was the perfect price for me...Steam's had this at $9.99 forever.[/QUOTE]
This does happen occasionally with GMG. No need to worry too much though, they always come through with keys within a couple days.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Hi I just wanted to know when that Sleeping Dogs credit happened because I bought it back before Nov. and it sucks that it was the same price and yet they gave credit this time.[/QUOTE]
Dec. 23, 2012, 11:26 a.m. is what my invoice says (that's in UTC.)

[quote name='derkduck']Try going through your phone and paying with paypal that way. Someone pages back said to try it because it works. I couldn't get any payment to go through until I tried with my phone and it went through no problem. No idea why it would work that way but it does.[/QUOTE]

Called the number on the back of my card, told the hot (voiced) chick who answered my dilemma. She took the hold off my card. Told me to wait 90 seconds and then try again. She kept me on the line trying to sell me a new card, so 90 seconds of hot voice later, I'm trying the charge.

Went through perfectly. Confirmed its going to be an international charge. Don't know why GMG can't have fixed that by now by opening some kind of US wing or something. If they did that, poof, all the mysterious declines will be gone.

Anyways, can't complain about the X-Com pricing. Very, very hot. I let a few GMG deals come and go because of that transaction fee nonsense, but even with a 3% markup, that's a damn good deal (once I sold the three freebie games I had sitting there not being used and combined that with the discount on top of the discount). $16 for a hot, hot title that activates on Steam is hot. ...hot. (One more for the road.)

What finally pushed me over the edge and forced me to go to the trouble of getting my card situated and my CC online setup ...setup was the Gods & Kings 85% off. I mean, wow. That's crazy.

And awesome. Alas, Amazon Tony gave that kind of pricing to coupon holders and not to regular customers. He cannot win them all. If only Amazon DD PM'ed GMG, we'd all be BFF and live happily ever after.

But it looks like I'm going to be a dirty cheater again on Sunday. A dirty, dirty cheater...

Also, I added the GMG Blog to my regular check routine for deals. Just in case.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Called the number on the back of my card, told the hot (voiced) chick who answered my dilemma. She took the hold off my card. Told me to wait 90 seconds and then try again. She kept me on the line trying to sell me a new card, so 90 seconds of hot voice later, I'm trying the charge.

Went through perfectly. Confirmed its going to be an international charge. Don't know why GMG can't have fixed that by now by opening some kind of US wing or something. If they did that, poof, all the mysterious declines will be gone.

Anyways, can't complain about the X-Com pricing. Very, very hot. I let a few GMG deals come and go because of that transaction fee nonsense, but even with a 3% markup, that's a damn good deal (once I sold the three freebie games I had sitting there not being used and combined that with the discount on top of the discount). $16 for a hot, hot title that activates on Steam is hot. ...hot. (One more for the road.)

What finally pushed me over the edge and forced me to go to the trouble of getting my card situated and my CC online setup ...setup was the Gods & Kings 85% off. I mean, wow. That's crazy.

And awesome. Alas, Amazon Tony gave that kind of pricing to coupon holders and not to regular customers. He cannot win them all. If only Amazon DD PM'ed GMG, we'd all be BFF and live happily ever after.

But it looks like I'm going to be a dirty cheater again on Sunday. A dirty, dirty cheater...

Also, I added the GMG Blog to my regular check routine for deals. Just in case.[/QUOTE]

mind posting a quick link to that?

bread's done
Back