Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='asheskitty']See this post on how to setup an automatic save recovery mechanism. I can confirm it works fine on GFWL game saves too.

Ghetto-quote, (the original has links).[/QUOTE]

Bookmarked the post for when I can get a chance to implement this myself. Thanks.

[quote name='juanjava']I'm looking at SF4 AE... Is it worth? I think GMG is the only one who sells Steam version... I don't know if it will be cheaper later, but beign Capcom...[/QUOTE]
The game is very good and well worth $8. Whether you'll get $8 of play out of it, on the other hand, depends on how much you like fighting games.

[quote name='Lemstar']The game is very good and well worth $8. Whether you'll get $8 of play out of it, on the other hand, depends on how much you like fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Bought and downloading ;)

Also, one of my kids loves fighting games

For anyone wondering about Dark Void Zero, I just played it, so here's a bit of info. It ran smoothly on Windows 7 64-bit PC. DVZ has three difficulty settings and three stages. On the easiest setting, it took approximately an hour to beat. On the higher difficulty settings, your enemies take more hits to kill and it seems like it could be fairly challenging. It's basically a 2D exploration game a la Metroid. There's a bit of backtracking, and you can jump, shoot, and use your jetpack (which is sometimes taken away). You're only allowed to carry one weapon at a time, but there are various types. You basically go around levels killing baddies and collecting keycards to unlock doors. At the end of each of the three missions, there's a boss (sadly, it's the same one each time with a palette swap). The story is generic but it fits the faux retro theme. If you don't mind a short game, I'd say it's worth it while on sale.

[quote name='juanjava']I think Amazon discounted SF4 at 75% ONE time...

So, should I buy SF4:AE? I think is not to late to join the multiplayer, there still should be people playing it[/QUOTE]

I have been playing SSF4AE on Xbox and have been wanting to get it for PC for a while now. With the 20% off code it is the best price I have ever seen it. It looks and runs great on my Win7, AMD Phenom II 965 with 8GB RAM and a Radeon HD 6950.

I have not played online yet with the PC version. From what I understand it is not like Live where most of the people left playing are the hardcore fighting game players. Which suits me fine.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']@juanjava

Don't get it if you're running Win 8. I couldn't get it to work. There may be work arounds, but I'm unsure.[/QUOTE]

Im running Windows 8 and had 0 problems with the game, installed fine and played a lot.

[quote name='Smuglittleman']I have been playing SSF4AE on Xbox and have been wanting to get it for PC for a while now. With the 20% off code it is the best price I have ever seen it. It looks and runs great on my Win7, AMD Phenom II 965 with 8GB RAM and a Radeon HD 6950.

I have not played online yet with the PC version. From what I understand it is not like Live where most of the people left playing are the hardcore fighting game players. Which suits me fine.[/QUOTE]

The PC version of AE is great. I've probably put over 500 hours across the various console iterations of SFIV. Bought it on a whim a few steam sales ago and haven't looked back. My machine is probably mid level at best, yet it still runs flawlessly on the highest settings. It is a small, but noticeable improvement over the 360 version.

I do agree that the online competition is a few steps below that of Xbox Live, but you still run into some pretty good players. I did have an issue with GWFL acting up and deleting my save data. Didn't lose my battle/player points, but it did wipe everything else (unlocks, achievement progress, etc.). Only happened one time in ~100 hours of play so I may have just been unlucky.

$8 is an amazing price for this game.

Been playing SSF4AE for 2 hours straight... my left thumb hurts like hell! I think I'll get a blister xD

What I'm saying, is that the game is fantastic. I don't used to play fighting games recently... until this game. I love it!. It reminds me of the good old Street Fighter 2 games on the SNES...

And there's A LOT of people online playing it. I don't even have to search for a game, I only play the Arcade mode with the option to accept onlline players...

Recommended game, really. Even for people without "fighting games" experience

[quote name='juanjava']Been playing SSF4AE for 2 hours straight... my left thumb hurts like hell! I think I'll get a blister xD

What I'm saying, is that the game is fantastic. I don't used to play fighting games recently... until this game. I love it!. It reminds me of the good old Street Fighter 2 games on the SNES...

And there's A LOT of people online playing it. I don't even have to search for a game, I only play the Arcade mode with the option to accept onlline players...

Recommended game, really. Even for people without "fighting games" experience[/QUOTE]

I have original Street Fighter 4 PC - that game's awesome. Played the life out of that game.
I haven't bought Super SF4 PC yet..

Is the 25% off most pre-orders voucher code working for anyone else? I tried it on dead space 3 but it won't work. it says Expires Friday, January 31, 11am EST. It was working on dead space 3 earlier this week when i had no money :(

Is the extra dlc for SSF4AE that was included in a past steam sale worth buying the complete package? I don't remember the price.

[quote name='elessar123']Someone said it no longer works on EA games.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for awnswering my question, oh well guess i was a little late.

[quote name='soulkyo']Is the extra dlc for SSF4AE that was included in a past steam sale worth buying the complete package? I don't remember the price.[/QUOTE]

They're just alternate costumes. The original SFIV characters each have 3 alts, while the rest have 2. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

Cheapest it's been for the complete pack on steam was 3.74 @ 75% off.

I bought them because the price was very reasonable relative to the console versions, where you need to spend over $50 or some such ridiculous amount to get them all.

I cant seem to find the lego:lord of the rings deal on their website...
when i use the OP link, there is no "buy" or "download" button
anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='ghostmayhem']I cant seem to find the lego:lord of the rings deal on their website...
when i use the OP link, there is no "buy" or "download" button
anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Are you outside North America? I can see the buy button, but the game is listed as (NA).

[quote name='crookshow']They're just alternate costumes. The original SFIV characters each have 3 alts, while the rest have 2. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

Cheapest it's been for the complete pack on steam was 3.74 @ 75% off.

I bought them because the price was very reasonable relative to the console versions, where you need to spend over $50 or some such ridiculous amount to get them all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer, it's cheaper to buy it on GMG and then buy the upgrade package via steam when it hits 75% off again. Greetings :cool:
Edit: Bought SSF4AE, finally managed to make my Logitech F710 work on Windows 8 so I'll test the MP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ghostmayhem']OH so thats what (NA) stands for! I thought it meant "not available"
yea im from outside north america, shame :([/QUOTE]
dont worry, im from NY and even i get it mixed sometimes :drool:

[quote name='zenii']If I haven't played any of the Dead Rising games, should I get DR2 or DR2:OTR?[/QUOTE]
Common wisdom is to just get DR2:OTR if you have neither. It's got more features than DR2 but isn't different enough to justify buying both.

I bought Off the Record instead of DR2 in an earlier sale, but I wound up regretting the purchase. This game is just not for me, I found it somewhat shallow and pretty frustrating.

I just preordered Aliens Colonial Marines and Tomb Raider with this deal. Well actually Aliens was 33% off but the 25% worked on tombraider and I got the $3 off too. So two "new" games for $65 and one lands in mid feb and one in early march. Pretty sweet.

[quote name='palaeomerus']I just preordered Aliens Colonial Marines and Tomb Raider with this deal. Well actually Aliens was 33% off but the 25% worked on tombraider and I got the $3 off too. So two "new" games for $65 and one lands in mid feb and one in early march. Pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]
With the way I spend money, $65 is like... 50 games that are already released. :lol:

Alpha Protocol bought.

Stupid GMG charged it to my card despite me clicking the "Use Credit" box. It's just $3 so it's not as though it matters but still annoying that the site doesn't work correctly. I have $7.50 in credit and would have rather used that since, you know, why else have it?

I managed to get a rebate on my purchases from top cashback.com with 7% rebate, you can also get it through Panda CB 6% and Shopahme for 2%.

If you purchase regularly from green man then its a good portal to use.

In for Virtua Tennis 4. It seems like that's about as low as it has been, barring being bundled with other stuff I already have.

Virtua Tennis 4 is pretty good, as is the London Olympics game. The presentation on that one is fantastic and the events are pretty well done, it's not the button masher I expected it to be.

I get this error again "Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website.". And Im trying to pay it with paypal cash...

Could someone buy it for me please? Ill give you the cash and some extra for free, for example I have a Painkiller Black Edition Key. Please pm, I want Virtua Tennis :whistle2:(

[quote name='zenii']If I haven't played any of the Dead Rising games, should I get DR2 or DR2:OTR?[/QUOTE]

get just DR2 and then if you enjoy that get DR2:eek:ff the record. OTR is definitely a game for the big time fans of the DR series. Two is no where near as frustrating as OTR. Hope this helps.

I updated the title and OP, everyone should buy Alpha Protocol if you don't own it. Just focus on melee and stealth because the gunplay can be pretty bad.

[quote name='zenii']Lotsa new deals

Binary Domain - $6.24 ($4.99 after coupon)
Alpha Protocol - $3.74 ($2.99 after coupon)
London 2012 - $11.24 ($8.99 after coupon)
Virtua Tennis 4 - $3.74 ($2.99 after coupon)
Gemini Wars - $9.99 ($7.99 after coupon)
Endless Space (Admiral) - $14.99 ($11.99 after coupon)
Endless Space (Emperor) - $17.49 ($13.99 after coupon)
Blades of Time (Limited Ed) - $15.99 ($12.79 after coupon)
Lucius - $4.99 ($3.99 after coupon)

20% off code - GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! Binary Domain downloading now!

bread's done
Back