Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Is it just me, or does that Zombies game thats going to be free tomorrow look like a workplace massacre simulator (in 8 bit graphics). A zombie game that isnt about shooting zombies, but actually shooting your bosses and coworkers? Maybe theres more to it, and I'm oversimplifying it and missing something but this seems in poor taste[/QUOTE]
I do believe that's pretty much it. I already have it on IGS, but I haven't played it yet. I think it's a play on how people are turned into "zombies" working all day in a cubicle. You aren't a zombie, while your co-workers have turned into zombies who want to eat your brains.

I don't think you're just randomly killing your co-workers. They've become zombies, lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I do believe that's pretty much it. I already have it on IGS, but I haven't played it yet. I think it's a play on how people are turned into "zombies" working all day in a cubicle. You aren't a zombie, while your co-workers have turned into zombies who want to eat your brains.

I don't think you're just randomly killing your co-workers. They've become zombies, lol.[/QUOTE]

haha okay, that makes me feel a little less grimy about getting it for free tomorrow

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Is it just me, or does that Zombies game thats going to be free tomorrow look like a workplace massacre simulator (in 8 bit graphics). A zombie game that isnt about shooting zombies, but actually shooting your bosses and coworkers? Maybe theres more to it, and I'm oversimplifying it and missing something but this seems in poor taste[/QUOTE]

go be moral somewhere else.

[quote name='asheskitty']Just a reminder you might want to create/link your playfire account before the ZOMG-FREE-GAMEZ crush hits.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, didn't know about the linking.

Wow, can definitely tell I never use my Playfire account. Some random contest was on my home page that ended on July 2nd of last year.

bought dragonborn, thanks for getting more keys would have felt like a sucker paying $4 more somewhere else.

Not gonna play it yet though gonna wait for them to fix some of my mods/bugs for it first.

Tells me I've already bought it, doesn't show up in my library.

I swear if I screwed up as much as the average web designer I would be living in a cardboard box.

Aaaaaaaand it's got. Thanks. That Playfire thing just timed out when trying to connect with my Steam account and get the game data from it so it seems it is pretty useless at this point :(

[quote name='retrad']go be moral somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I cant tell if you're serious or not due to how you normally speak to people.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Aaaaaaaand it's got. Thanks. That Playfire thing just timed out when trying to connect with my Steam account and get the game data from it so it seems it is pretty useless at this point :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, it choked on my account as well. I even set it up yesterday to avoid the rush.

Have I mentioned that I love free?

Here's a question.

Can I link my GMG account to a bogus Playfire account using a different email address? I don't want them to spam my normal account.

Finally got around to making that list :) These are games you can use the 25% voucher on.

Bear in mind some games (particularly EA) have regional restrictions on some, and vouchers can't always be used.

[quote name='JamesGMG']Finally got around to making that list :) These are games you can use the 25% voucher on.

Bear in mind some games (particularly EA) have regional restrictions on some, and vouchers can't always be used.[/QUOTE]

I see Dead Pixels on that list. I just finished it and absolutely loved it. It's a 2D side scrolling shooter, but it was great fun. Pretty short (maybe 2 hours to get through all modes) but it has a lot of replay value. I'd recommend it for $2.99.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Here's a question.

Can I link my GMG account to a bogus Playfire account using a different email address? I don't want them to spam my normal account.[/QUOTE]

You can. You can also link it to any Steam/XBL account since it requires at least one game account to let you make a junk Playfire account.

In case someone is wondering, I just downloaded and played Zombies, it is not a "workplace massacre simulator".
In the game you do fight your co-workers who turned into zombies, but you also have to rescue the ones who DID NOT turn into zombies.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']You can. You can also link it to any Steam/XBL account since it requires at least one game account to let you make a junk Playfire account.[/QUOTE]
Well, time to put one of my TF2 idling accounts to good use!

Edit: Weird, it wouldn't load my account details. But I managed to link it to my GMG account just fine. I already owned Zombies, I hope I can trade it in for credit in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pottering']
In the game you do fight your co-workers who turned into zombies, but you also have to rescue the ones who DID NOT turn into zombies.[/QUOTE]

So you spare the co-workers that never stole your lunch?

The number of hoops you have to jump through to get the free copy of Ninja Blade is hilarious. You have try to purchase Ninja Blade, whereupon you are forced to sign up for yet another useless social network, link your new useless social network account to your GMG account, get kicked back to the GMG homepage, then go back to the URL for Ninja Blade and try to purchase it again.

When you've finally done all this you're offered the chance to download and install "Capsule", the GMG games client which sounds suspiciously like it's going to involve ads. I gave up at this point, since I see no reason why they couldn't just offer me a Steam key or let me download a standalone copy of the game.

Waste of time.

[quote name='Schildkrote']The number of hoops you have to jump through to get the free copy of Ninja Blade is hilarious. You have try to purchase Ninja Blade, whereupon you are forced to sign up for yet another useless social network, link your new useless social network account to your GMG account, get kicked back to the GMG homepage, then go back to the URL for Ninja Blade and try to purchase it again.

When you've finally done all this you're offered the chance to download and install "Capsule", the GMG games client which sounds suspiciously like it's going to involve ads. I gave up at this point, since I see no reason why they couldn't just offer me a Steam key or let me download a standalone copy of the game.

Waste of time.[/QUOTE]

this sums up my feelings as well

[quote name='Schildkrote']The number of hoops you have to jump through to get the free copy of Ninja Blade is hilarious. You have try to purchase Ninja Blade, whereupon you are forced to sign up for yet another useless social network, link your new useless social network account to your GMG account, get kicked back to the GMG homepage, then go back to the URL for Ninja Blade and try to purchase it again.

Waste of time.[/QUOTE]

I didn't find it to be that difficult. I did the link account thing on Thursday, in anticipation, so maybe that's part of it. Capsule doesn't have any ads.

I mean really? It's just about 4 clicks here and there and you have all set. How can people bitch so much about making just an account?

I haven't bothered with making and linking a Playfire account ... yet, but I do like GMG and Capsule. What other digital distribution service lets you trade games in? I wish more of them worked in this way. It'd be nice to be able to trade off those steam games you just don't like or want anymore.

I don't get the crying over free games. It's simply a promotion for Playfire... so you link it to your GMG account. Big deal.

I guess if you've never heard of GMG. Or Playfire. Or Capsule. And you're just here to sponge up a free game and then never use any of those things again it might be a hassle. But then again... it's free.

[quote name='Schildkrote']The number of hoops you have to jump through to get the free copy of Ninja Blade is hilarious.
You have try to purchase Ninja Blade, whereupon you are forced to sign up for yet another useless social network, link your new useless social network account to your GMG account, get kicked back to the GMG homepage, then go back to the URL for Ninja Blade and try to purchase it again.

Waste of time
.[/QUOTE]

To me it's trivial. Barely more work than signing up for a forum. GMG & Playfire are both legitimate companies.

Beware the facebook giveaways!They force you to "like" them and directly manipulate your feelings, showing you to be a tool the in eyes of your friends and family. :lol:

UGH! I was going to come here and post a rebuttal about how easy it is to use GMG and Playfire, but the amount of hoops you have to jump through just to post is hilarious. You have to start up your browser, whereupon you have to MANUALLY type in the address for this website, wait for it to load, then go to the Forums section only to be barraged with ads forcing their marketing propaganda into your psyche and raping it. Then you have to locate the topic you want to read about, where you're assaulted with the textual wall of an exaggerated procedure on how to get free games by some random, self-entitled member.

When you've finally done all this, you have to log in with your username AND password just to post a reply to said overelaborated tutorial, which all the forum regulars will find useless and pedantic. I gave up at this point, since I see no reason why childscrote couldn't just download a free game without bitching about it.

[...]
I see no reason why they couldn't just offer me a Steam key or let me download a standalone copy of the game. [/QUOTE]
Because it's an incentive to try Capsule and sign up for Playfire?

[quote name='Blade']UGH! I was going to come here and post a rebuttal about how easy it is to use GMG and Playfire, but the amount of hoops you have to jump through just to post is hilarious. You have to start up your browser, whereupon you have to MANUALLY type in the address for this website, wait for it to load, then go to the Forums section only to be barraged with ads forcing their marketing propaganda into your psyche and raping it. Then you have to locate the topic you want to read about, where you're assaulted with the textual wall of an exaggerated procedure on how to get free games by some random, self-entitled member.

When you've finally done all this, you have to log in with your username AND password just to post a reply to said overelaborated tutorial, which all the forum regulars will find useless and pedantic. I gave up at this point, since I see no reason why childscrote couldn't just download a free game without bitching about it.[/QUOTE]

He probably should have had his mom do it for him. MOM! MEATLOAF! See? Easy peasy.

[quote name='Blade']UGH! I was going to come here and post a rebuttal about how easy it is to use GMG and Playfire, but the amount of hoops you have to jump through just to post is hilarious. You have to start up your browser, whereupon you have to MANUALLY type in the address for this website, wait for it to load, then go to the Forums section only to be barraged with ads forcing their marketing propaganda into your psyche and raping it. Then you have to locate the topic you want to read about, where you're assaulted with the textual wall of an exaggerated procedure on how to get free games by some random, self-entitled member.

When you've finally done all this, you have to log in with your username AND password just to post a reply to said overelaborated tutorial, which all the forum regulars will find useless and pedantic. I gave up at this point, since I see no reason why childscrote couldn't just download a free game without bitching about it.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

You forgot to complain about having to take the time to actually download the game. ;)

[quote name='mitch079']He probably should have had his mom do it for him. MOM! MEATLOAF! See? Easy peasy.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Jon7'] GMG & Playfire are both legitimate companies.
[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe. But what I'm not liking is that it's never disclosed anywhere on GMG's website nor Playfire's website that GMG has merged with Playfire.

Legitimate companies disclose this info prior to you signing up in promos like this. But neither GMG nor Playfire are disclosing this.

http://paidcontent.org/2012/07/09/playfire-gamers-site-merging-with-e-tailer-green-man-gaming/

Green Man says Playfire “will allow Green Man Gaming to have a deeper relationship with its players”. It “will work on bringing its existing retail customers and Playfire users close together, leveraging its combined database of close to 1.5m core gamers with industry partners to deliver additional value and exclusives”.
I'm failing to understand why if this is a combined database, why I have to sign up for Playfire at all.

I don't like that in signing up for Playfire, it's never stated anywhere that GMG has access to your Playfire profile:

https://www.playfire.com/a/terms

If I were only a Playfire user and had no interest in GMG, I believe the fact that GMG still has access to what I'm doing on Playfire should be disclosed to me. I am not seeing this anywhere.

James, is GMG/Playfire even aware that failing to disclose this in your promo prior to having people sign-up for freebies is a potential violation of the law in some of the countries you are offering this in?

I tried purchasing and downloading today's free game, Unstoppable Grog, but got a "cannot complete purchase" error. Now when I try to do it again I get "you've already bought this free game" and it won't let me. The game does not show up in Capsule or my account on greenmangaming.com. What can I do?

[quote name='wilflare']looking forward to the DmC deal.. really tempted. geez[/QUOTE]

Is this a different deal than the 25% off one? I looked back a few pages and couldn't see any deal beyond this. I'm interested in this game, but not for $30+, so that's why I ask.

[quote name='Volitar Prime']I tried purchasing and downloading today's free game, Unstoppable Grog, but got a "cannot complete purchase" error. Now when I try to do it again I get "you've already bought this free game" and it won't let me. The game does not show up in Capsule or my account on greenmangaming.com. What can I do?[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me yesterday with Ninja Blade. I logged out and logged back in, but nothing changed. Didn't have a problem with Unstoppable Gorg today, though.

Waste of time.[/QUOTE]

It's free. Nobody is making you get it. Wow....

I haven't had an issue with getting any of the free games. Played 7 levels of zombies and had a blast. The graphics are obv horrible, but the game itself is fun.

I've had no issues getting the free games. The only snag I had was playfire timing out when trying to fetch my steam and playfire accounts (though it just timed out and let be continue creating my playfire account).

I guess I'll be the first to mention Bus Driver (sim) @ $2.49 (75% off) Capsule DRM.

"Non-violent gameplay, game about buses suitable for everybody." -- I guess they haven't seen me behind the wheel. :D

I havent had any issues purchasing the games (I previously had a playfire account, and linked them a few days in advance) but I have been hesitant to download capsule. I wouldnt be playing any of the games immediately so I guess I'll just wait til I have a reason to play one of them to install it. Free retail games are free though, so thanks James and gmg

Also just grabbed the Alien CM season's pass for $20.25. Not super cheap ass of me, but I dont see it being too much lower for a few months. Also it makes it so I paid a total of $57.74 for the game and season's pass, which is less than I would have paid for a retail version on the console if I still played my Xbox or ps3

[quote name='asheskitty']I've had no issues getting the free games. The only snag I had was playfire timing out when trying to fetch my steam and playfire accounts (though it just timed out and let be continue creating my playfire account).

I guess I'll be the first to mention Bus Driver (sim) @ $2.49 (75% off) Capsule DRM.

"Non-violent gameplay, game about buses suitable for everybody." -- I guess they haven't seen me behind the wheel. :D[/QUOTE]

lol, unfortunately it is very non violent. You can't go around mowing down pedestrians, I tried. Driving physics are also non existent. Pretty bad game for driving fans, literally only fun if you enjoy driving slowly and picking up and dropping off customers.

[quote name='asheskitty']Logout, Quit Capsule.
Relaunch Capsule - check.
if not login and try to buy it again[/QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions. I tried but it didn't help so I sent a message to their support. It's not that big of a deal since it's a free game but it would be nice to try it out.

Man, I was online all yesterday and somehow my subscriptions never showed new posts on this thread and I forgot to grab Ninja Blade... That was the only one I wanted. :cry:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol, unfortunately it is very non violent. You can't go around mowing down pedestrians, I tried. Driving physics are also non existent. Pretty bad game for driving fans, literally only fun if you enjoy driving slowly and picking up and dropping off customers.[/QUOTE]

Ordered, thanks.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Man, I was online all yesterday and somehow my subscriptions never showed new posts on this thread and I forgot to grab Ninja Blade... That was the only one I wanted. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You didn't already have it? It was in Indiegala 5.

bread's done
Back