Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

great deal on XCom, cept they won't take my money...I tried with both Paypal (which used to work) and my other card multiple times yesterday

here's the stupid part, my credit card was compromised today, someone apparently swiped the crap out of it, not sure if related to my GMG purchase attempts lol...

[quote name='retrad']I keep buying games off GMG and not off steam which means I have $50 just wasting away in my steam wallet.[/QUOTE]
save them for bioshock infinite, GMG does not have any discounts on the game so might as well use the credit on that game

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']save them for bioshock infinite, GMG does not have any discounts on the game so might as well use the credit on that game[/QUOTE]

There is the option of $17 gmg credit back or $10 cash back, but if you were going the cash back route you may as well just use your gift card on steam to save the cash

pre-purchase Bioshock Infinite and get two free games

270049747749d717805950453109c15c.jpg

Why doesn't the 25% off preorders (GMG25-JDWJN-ATLHT) work on Bioshock Infinite? When you click the link from the email, it shows up on the qualifying preorders page.

Anyone else keep getting an error regarding your bank not approving the transition because they may think GMG is a gambling site when you try to check out? Cause that's ...um yeah.

yea, i got that gambling site thing too and then a bot called about "suspicious activity" on my card and asked me to confirm it...even with confirming i wanted to spend the money there it still wouldn't let me.

Had to try again through PayPal

Can't decide between Darkness 2, Mafia 2, or Bioshock 2. I have never played any of them. I have played the first Biosjock and heard the 2nd was just too similar. Also played the 1st Darkness.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']save them for bioshock infinite, GMG does not have any discounts on the game so might as well use the credit on that game[/QUOTE]

I would if I wasn't getting bioshock infinite for free for buying a 7970 earlier this month.

The 20% off voucher code in the OP has been extended to March 1st at Noon EST.

Nice deal on Infinite...too bad I already have all the games offered. :( Going to wait and see if it shows up cheaper anywhere else or maybe just get the console version from Best Buy with the $20 RZ cert.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Can't decide between Darkness 2, Mafia 2, or Bioshock 2. I have never played any of them. I have played the first Biosjock and heard the 2nd was just too similar. Also played the 1st Darkness.[/QUOTE]

Darkness 2 and Mafia 2 are both pretty good.
Bioshock 2 is good, but it's nowhere as great as Bioshock 1.

Darkness 1 never got a PC release; it's only on the consoles.
Ain't played it. :(

I find it that GMG's best seller list is:
1 BioShock $19.99
2 The Darkness II $29.99
3 Spec Ops $29.99

Do you ever find your self playing point and click adventure games and thinking, "What this game needs is more professional sex workers?" The Rockin' Dead @ $2.50 (Capsule, $1 trade in) just might be the game for you.

Edit: Apparently it's DRM-FREE at the $1 level in the Helldorado IG Store bundle. Thanks, Motoki!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']...
Do you ever find your self playing point and click adventure games and thinking, "What this game needs is more professional sex workers?" The Rockin' Dead @ $2.50 (Capsule, $1 trade in) just might be the game for you.[/QUOTE]

Finally! A game that fulfills the above desire and allows me to judge life choices relating to the quote in my sig. Jackpot!

[Customspoiler=Disclaimer] I've never played the game, so I don't actually know if anyone ends up "all sticky" [/Customspoiler]

I kind of like the Rockin Dead for what it is, a (not so) good trashy adventure game.

That said, You can get it for 99 cents now from the Gala store and it also comes with a Steam key for Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops for that price. Plus it's true DRM free and doesn't require the capsule to play.

http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/the-rockin-bundle.html

That fact that Gala advertises this bundle as the Helldorado Bundle, which you don't get unless you put in at the $4 level, kind of obscures that Rockin Dead is in this bundle at the bottom tier, but it's there.

Oh and in case you really want Helldorado at $4 you might as well pay an extra dollar and it get it and a bunch more games from Bundle Stars http://www.bundlestars.com/

Anyone else just see Dead Space 3 for 75% off? It even still had the $10 credit/$7 cash back for it, which made it $5 to $8.

It was obviously a pricing error though, since it was fixed within the 10-15mins I had to go afk. Kicking myself for not buying it right away.

[quote name='FaPaThY']Anyone else just see Dead Space 3 for 75% off? It even still had the $10 credit/$7 cash back for it, which made it $5 to $8.

It was obviously a pricing error though, since it was fixed within the 10-15mins I had to go afk. Kicking myself for not buying it right away.[/QUOTE]

next time post here before going AFK so we can all enjoy the deal! :cry:

[quote name='monkeysez']next time post here before going AFK so we can all enjoy the deal! :cry:[/QUOTE]

lol, if I didn't have to AFK urgently and had time to do that I would have spent it buying the game :p

Couple of new deals for the weekend, including the Sonic Pack, Sega Retro Pack, Sleeping Dogs pack, and Chivalry half off.

I assume the 20% code stacks on top of that and I think they also have 25% off some pre orders with code.

Anyone know if the Ubi games on GMG are region locked? I'm traveling abroad, and I have a buy button for Shoot Many Robots, which comes with a Steam key. If I buy it and activate the key, will I still be able to use it when I return to the States, or is it region locked and I won't be able to use it?

Does anyone know if GMG typically gives codes to the games early? I just got my Tomb Raider code, but I was just wondering if this was a one time thing.

Has anyone ever done a pack of just the Sonic Genesis emulator games? I have the newer non-emulator Sonic games and I have that big ass pack of 50 Genesis games that doesn't include the Sonic ones, but I still don't have the Sonic Genesis games don't really feel like paying $2.50 or so each for them.

[quote name='Roc74']Didnt the 20% off coupon expire already, thought it was only good until 12 noon EST or 1700 GMT Today.[/QUOTE]

GMG has had an almost-constant 20%+ code for many months, when they expire they tend to extend or issue a new one. Note that I didn't factor the 20% into the $12.50 I mentioned. If anything it is more evidence that Hitman Ab prices are following the Deus Ex HR & Sleeping Dogs precedent. This is the cheapest Hitman Ab has been (unless you used your Amaonz CAGROCKS code on Hitman last week, which matched this price.)

[quote name='mac995555']Does anyone know if GMG typically gives codes to the games early? I just got my Tomb Raider code, but I was just wondering if this was a one time thing.[/QUOTE]

I don't know but I think it just depends on the game/when they get the codes. I got my Tomb Raider code also though and am preloading it now. Can't wait to play it!

[quote name='Roc74']Didnt the 20% off coupon expire already, thought it was only good until 12 noon EST or 1700 GMT Today.[/QUOTE]

We have a 20% voucher available on hundreds of digital PC titles, valid until 1700 GMT March 8th.

GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

I see that they have Tomb Raider collection which includes all of the old games on sale for $29.99 this weekend. Do the old games run on Windows 7 64 bit?

I just bought Hitman Absolution Professional Edition for $10 after coupon ( GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS ). Also $2 GMG Credit on top of it (not in my account yet, but I trust it'll be there soon) or $1 Cashback.

What a great Deal, Thank you GMG!!! I can't believe this isn't all over the deal sites.

Also, PC Gaming business model seems highly unsustainable, that game was released about 3 months ago...
Also, off to clean my hard drive, 26GB download!

[quote name='JamesJoyce']I just bought Hitman Absolution Professional Edition for $10 after coupon ( GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS ). Also $2 GMG Credit on top of it (not in my account yet, but I trust it'll be there soon) or $1 Cashback.

What a great Deal, Thank you GMG!!! I can't believe this isn't all over the deal sites.

Also, PC Gaming business model seems highly unsustainable, that game was released about 3 months ago...
Also, off to clean my hard drive, 26GB download![/QUOTE]

Unsustainable? Pshaw. All it tells me is that they got their initial sales boost, they're entering a period where a lot of new games are coming out fast and furious before the Summer dry spell, and they want to stand out. So they put out a sale to get people remembering dear Hitman Absolution still exists in case they forgot about it.

Plus, I don't think games really NEED to cost $50-60 at release to make money. I think that's the Early Adopter fee a lot of people gladly play just to be there first. Or a console fee because they want to think they save money, so publishers milk them of all that extra money and then some, which they gladly accept with a smile on their face.

At worst, those early adopters and console players subsidize our wonderful PC gaming costs. At best, they are intentionally marking the games up at the start when they needn't to try and make as much money initially as possible, going back to the saner, more reasonable levels based on what the game actually costs to make after the madness has passed.

Regardless, sales exist to give titles that may still have an audience out there ignorant to them a chance to get positive word of mouth as someone who takes part in a limited time sale plays and goes to his buddies and goes, "Dude, I played this game that came out a few months back. And I was in a sea of people in Chinatown and I popped off my silencer pistol and the crowd totally freaked! Cops were running around screaming about how the world was ending and I was the Pale Rider. Fireworks popped overhead and I totally used the screaming, freaking people as cover as I advanced toward my target. It was totally AWESOME!"

Then they go and look and the price is a lot higher than that sale price. And they go, "Eh. Why not?" Sales function as advertising.

I'm in for Hitman at $10. Nice deal.

I had the "We cannot process your order.... sometimes banks erroneously identify us as a gambling site" error once again. Solved it by doing checkout on Safari through my phone.

GREEN MAN GAMING.... you clearly have some issues with your site. Stop telling people to call your bank (done that before and they say the payment request never comes through). Please fix!

[quote name='JamesJoyce']I just bought Hitman Absolution Professional Edition for $10 after coupon ( GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS ). Also $2 GMG Credit on top of it (not in my account yet, but I trust it'll be there soon) or $1 Cashback.

Also, off to clean my hard drive, 26GB download![/QUOTE]

Damn, that's awesome. Glad I held back during the Amazon sale. Thanks for posting this, I might have missed it.

[quote name='hal']I'm in for Hitman at $10. Nice deal.

I had the "We cannot process your order.... sometimes banks erroneously identify us as a gambling site" error once again. Solved it by doing checkout on Safari through my phone.

GREEN MAN GAMING.... you clearly have some issues with your site. Stop telling people to call your bank (done that before and they say the payment request never comes through). Please fix![/QUOTE]

I avoid all of these GMG credit card issues by...doing the CC via PayPal option.

PayPal's used to International orders....and it always goes through on GMG.
EVERY TIME.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']At worst, those early adopters and console players subsidize our wonderful PC gaming costs. At best, they are intentionally marking the games up at the start when they needn't to try and make as much money initially as possible, going back to the saner, more reasonable levels based on what the game actually costs to make after the madness has passed[/QUOTE]

Have you followed the discussion among game makers about how production costs are completely getting out of hands? We are talking about double digit millions, to create the content for an AAA game. There is no way they can sell games cheaper, they are hardly making their money back these days. It's definitely your worst case scenario we are seeing here.
And who in their right mind would pay $60 when they knew that they could get the game for $10 3 months later.

On Topic: the Hitman deal is on the homepage now, they seem to have removed the credit/cashback option. I hope mine will still come through.
Either way, still a great deal, glad I didn't bite earlier.

Now back to making room on my SSD for this monster...

[quote name='MysterD']I avoid all of these GMG credit card issues by...doing the CC via PayPal option.

PayPal's used to International orders....and it always goes through on GMG.
EVERY TIME.[/QUOTE]

I always use PayPal as well. The difference is I use the direct from bank account option. I wonder if charging a card via PayPal would make any difference? The browser on my PC is Chrome... and that's where I always have issues. Doing it on mobile (exact same options) makes it sail right through.

If I had to guess I'd say there's some sort of disconnect when Chrome redirects me to PayPal.

[quote name='hal']I always use PayPal as well. The difference is I use the direct from bank account option. I wonder if charging a card via PayPal would make any difference? The browser on my PC is Chrome... and that's where I always have issues. Doing it on mobile (exact same options) makes it sail right through.

If I had to guess I'd say there's some sort of disconnect when Chrome redirects me to PayPal.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm....

Yeah, I don't use Google Chrome.
Usually, I use Comodo Dragon or Firefox.

EDIT:
And yes - I always do the "charge a CC via PayPal" option, these days and age. No hassle or anything.

Otherwise, CC directly through GMG - it's like asking for my bank to throw-up red-flags.

[quote name='hal']GREEN MAN GAMING.... you clearly have some issues with your site. Stop telling people to call your bank (done that before and they say the payment request never comes through). Please fix![/QUOTE]

I had that around Christmas when they had lots of great deals. At first Credit Card via paypal stopped working, then bank account via paypal stopped a few days later.
What helped was contacting their customer service, they reset something on my account within a few hours and I've been happily paying with paypal since. Calling my bank before had no effect at all.

TL;DR: Contact GMG CS, they can fix this.

bread's done
Back