Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Killbomb']Did you finish the game solo on Professional? That is where her AI really starts to fall apart. Had to draft help for certain sections because trying to keep myself AND her alive was just too much.
[/QUOTE]
No, I don't think I did.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']No, I don't think I did.[/QUOTE]

It was absolutely awful. I kinda wonder if my lower opinion of it is from starting it that way.

[quote name='hollowfreak']This is PC surely there's a mod to remove her or turn her into a backpack, no? :D[/QUOTE]

I would buy the game again at full retail if somebody did that. :D I just did not like her one bit. Probably was her constant screams for help that turned me against her.

[quote name='Killbomb']I just did not like her one bit.[/QUOTE]
im-not-racist_o_653481.jpg

[quote name='audio vicious']It was absolutely awful. I kinda wonder if my lower opinion of it is from starting it that way.[/QUOTE]
Professional was a difficulty where literally every enemy was a one hit kill and you hit dirt really fast when knocked down, so fast that the AI could not react in time. It was a troll difficulty more than anything else.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Professional was a difficulty where literally every enemy was a one hit kill and you hit dirt really fast when knocked down, so fast that the AI could not react in time. It was a troll difficulty more than anything else.[/QUOTE]
I won't be playing on that one, then.

RE5 is an amazing co op experience if you can find someone to play with. I played through it on the ps3 with my younger brother and it was tons of fun.

Mirror's Edge $4.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99 ($23.99 after coupon)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $7.49 ($5.99 after coupon)
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition $9.99 ($7.99 after coupon)
Medal of Honor Warfighter $20.99 ($16.79 after coupon)
FIFA 13 (NA) $19.99 ($15.99 after coupon)
Edit 2: some additional games:
Bulletstorm $4.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Crysis 3 $39.99 + $4 cash back or $5 GMG credit (coupon does not work)
Dead Space 3 $39.99 + $4 cash back or $5 GMG credit (coupon does not work)
All games require activation on Origin.
Use March code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS for the 20% off
Edit: deals are for North America only

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1aalzv/gmg_sales_on_ea_titles_bf3_premium_24_koar_6/

That Amalur deal is tempting but there's no DLC and I'm still hoping Tony will pull through with that Amazon Steam Amalur deal some time in my lifetime.

[quote name='Motoki']That Amalur deal is tempting but there's no DLC and I'm still hoping Tony will pull through with that Amazon Steam Amalur deal some time in my lifetime.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The price is right but the service is wrong. :)

At this point, I'd almost rather pay Steam the $60 they're asking for the game rather than buy it for $8 and be forced to use Origin.

[quote name='jshackles']Same here. The price is right but the service is wrong. :)

At this point, I'd almost rather pay Steam the $60 they're asking for the game rather than buy it for $8 and be forced to use Origin.[/QUOTE]
have you tried origin?

If I activate BF3 on origin, even if it's not available for my region (well the sale isn't), will I be in danger of EA having it revoked and I lose the money??

I've thought in asking for help here but I'm not sure how EA handles this kind of stuff.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']have you tried origin?[/QUOTE]

Yeah actually. My Origin account has a ton of games on it, but mostly things that I've redeemed from Steam codes, freebies, etc. I guess there are worse clients out there, but I really don't care for it.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']have you tried origin?[/QUOTE]
99% of people who cry over origin have never tried it.

It's not bad, i have 0 problems with it and matter a fact it's been a lot smoother then steam was for the first 2 years of steam. People need to get used to origin because it isn't going anywhere and if you ever want to play a EA game that is released this year or later you will be forced to use it. I will agree that Origin had a rocky start but it's actually really smooth now and has a great clean interface. Most origin hate comes from EA hate which in itself is hilarious that people hate on EA for shitty business practices while the same person is holding their iphone, ipad, ipod, ipad, macbook and every other materialistic possession they own that was created by a shady company.

[quote name='styl3s']99% of people who cry over origin have never tried it.

It's not bad, i have 0 problems with it and matter a fact it's been a lot smoother then steam was for the first 2 years of steam. People need to get used to origin because it isn't going anywhere and if you ever want to play a EA game that is released this year or later you will be forced to use it. I will agree that Origin had a rocky start but it's actually really smooth now and has a great clean interface. Most origin hate comes from EA hate which in itself is hilarious that people hate on EA for shitty business practices while the same person is holding their iphone, ipad, ipod, ipad, macbook and every other materialistic possession they own that was created by a shady company.[/QUOTE]

Do we really need to do this? I'm sorry I even (indirectly) brought it up.

If you want to play the game of 'Company X is shady but so is Compay Y that you buy some stuff from!' (FWIW I don't buy Apple products but I'm sure the companies I buy from aren't all saints either) then yeah you can always find some company doing something wrong. I think though that for gamers in particular some of EA's behaviors are particularly front and center and of note.

There's also the bit about people not liking feeling like they are forced into something and of course there's the valid convenience reason for wanting to keep most of you collection in one place where you already have most of your games.

I actually have used Origin and I suspect a fair bit more than 1% of people who say they don't care for it have. I find while they have improved some things it's still lacking in a lot of features I want (ie if I download my Sims games there I still have to install each pack separately and patch it which to me is a PITA).

I just don't care for Origin and it's my preference but having said that if there's a game I really want and there's no other choice I will just deal with it. I suspect most people are the same even if there is some grumbling. Again no one likes feeling forced into something.

Ultimately, it's each individuals preference how to spend their money so if someone doesn't care for Steam or Origin or UPlkay or Desura or DRM free (yeah some people don't like loose clientless games; I don't) then that's their choice so lets let them have their opinions and spend their money how they want.

Not this again....

I don't hate Origin. I prefer Steam because I like all my games in one place*, the more games you have the more important that becomes.

*(Literally too, I have a 2TB drive just for Steam.)

I don't hate Origin; it's decent.
Some things I like about it over Steam - i.e. no need to really archive back-ups (just copy install folder as is). Kinda cool that it has TwitchTV-support - even though I ain't tried/used it.
But, Origin has nowhere the functionality of Steam. NOT even close.

Steam has so many OTHER features built into it, that most can't even remotely close even compete w/ it (Power User Forums; Friends list; auto-updates; screenshot-taking; time-tracking; Steam Cloud save support on many games; Steam Achivements; Big Picture Mode; etc).
B/c of Steam's functionality, I do add many of my Non-Steam games to Steam.

You know what's awesome? When you buy a Steam-version game - and it's truly still DRM-FREE on Steam; and you can run the game either with or without Steam going.
BEST of BOTH WORLDS!

I prefer DRM-FREE, in most instances, though - especially when we're talking SP-only games.

EDIT:
Also, when versions have multiple DRM's in different versions (Rockstar, I'm looking at you - see Max Payne 3; GTA4; etc), I just like to keep them down as much as possible.

This is all just my opinion. How you may feel, it might be different than me.
Gamers should just buy the version they want and/or just buy the version w/ the best price that has an acceptable DRM to them. We all have our own preferences and whatnot.

[quote name='asheskitty']Not this again....

I don't hate Origin. I prefer Steam because I like all my games in one place*, the more games you have the more important that becomes.

*(Literally too, I have a 2TB drive just for Steam.)[/QUOTE]

Nice.
Will you buy me a fast 2TB or 3TB internal HDD for namely just my Steam games? ;) j/k.
I got too many games tied to Steam here. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']I don't hate Origin; it's decent.
Some things I like about it over Steam - i.e. no need to really archive back-ups (just copy install folder as is). Kinda cool that it has TwitchTV-support - even though I ain't tried/used it.
But, Origin has nowhere the functionality of Steam. NOT even close.

Steam has so many OTHER features built into it, that most can't even remotely close even compete w/ it (Power User Forums; Friends list; auto-updates; screenshot-taking; time-tracking; Steam Cloud save support on many games; Steam Achivements; Big Picture Mode; etc).
B/c of Steam's functionality, I do add many of my Non-Steam games to Steam.

You know what's awesome? When you buy a Steam-version game - and it's truly still DRM-FREE on Steam; and you can run the game either with or without Steam going.
BEST of BOTH WORLDS!

I prefer DRM-FREE, in most instances, though - especially when we're talking SP-only games.

EDIT:
Also, when versions have multiple DRM's in different versions (Rockstar, I'm looking at you - see Max Payne 3; GTA4; etc), I just like to keep them down as much as possible.

This is all just my opinion. How you may feel, it might be different than me.
Gamers should just buy the version they want and/or just buy the version w/ the best price that has an acceptable DRM to them. We all have our own preferences and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

Reality is , certain games will only appear on Origin, so people either live with it, or live without those games. Lot of the older games without Steam integration are effectively drm free ie don't need steam to run. Just an aside, the GOG forums are imho a better community than the steam ones... without all the steamboifanism and lack of maturity levels ;)

Anytime this comes up two thoughts come to mind:

1. Just because someone likes one client over another doesn't mean they hate it. It's just preference.

2. Just because someone defends Origin over Steam doesn't mean they are trying to get you to stop using Steam, saying you are wrong, or not respecting your opinion/choice.

I think we can all agree, Origin has come a long way, but Steam is Steam, is always going to be Steam, and it is going to take a lot more than a well done clone to ever make people really make a switch to another client I personally don't think it will ever happen.

I'm amongst the non-picky. I have Steam, Desura, Origin, UPlay, Impulse, Gamefly, Raptr, Amazon Game DLer, and probably a lot of other crap installed right now.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Reality is , certain games will only appear on Origin, so people either live with it, or live without those games. Lot of the older games without Steam integration are effectively drm free ie don't need steam to run. Just an aside, the GOG forums are imho a better community than the steam ones... without all the steamboifanism and lack of maturity levels ;)[/QUOTE]

Yep, I can live w/ Origin.
It's certainly, in most instances, A LOT better than G4WL.

Though, I can tolerate G4WL for games I want - i.e. Dark Souls!!!

I like both Steam and GOG's forums, yes. :D

EDIT:
Back to Origin - ME3 SP portion and BF3's MP portion are awesome.

EDIT 2:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
I'm amongst the non-picky. I have Steam, Desura, Origin, UPlay, Impulse, Gamefly, Raptr, Amazon Game DLer, and probably a lot of other crap installed right now.[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah - I have all of those installed, as well.
Oh, and XFire, GMG Capsule & G4WL, too.

I prefer Steam, but no problem using other clients.

I just finished Bulletstorm... through Origin. The only problem was with Cloud saving always telling me my local data was different from the one in the cloud... always selecting to replace the one from the cloud with the local did the trick.

Also playing Dead Space, Amalur and Dragon Age.

The thing miss using origin is autopatching. I don't know if newer games have that functionality.

The worse client is the one from gamestop...

[quote name='styl3s']Most origin hate comes from EA hate which in itself is hilarious that people hate on EA for shitty business practices while the same person is holding their iphone, ipad, ipod, ipad, macbook and every other materialistic possession they own that was created by a shady company.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I don't have any of that unnecessary crap. Origin doesn't bother me, though, for the simple reason that EA hasn't published anything I've been interested in playing for decades.

[quote name='asheskitty']@Idiot, Fixed that for you =p

36195676.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Indeed. I actually love Origin and think it does a great deal of things better than Steam (support, offline mode, etc), but GameStop, Capsule... no thanks.

[quote name='asheskitty']@Idiot, Fixed that for you =p

36195676.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Eh, if it's just to install the gamestop app to get a Steam key it's a stupid nuisance but it's a one time thing so I don't mind that much. I haven't bought any non-Steam stuff from them though so I don't know about how it works with that and if makes you keep the Gamestop app installed and running every time or what.

[quote name='asheskitty']Not this again....

*(Literally too, I have a 2TB drive just for Steam.)[/QUOTE]

The same boat, we're in it! Cept I have my games across 3 SSDs.

[quote name='Izod517']The same boat, we're in it! Cept I have my games across 3 SSDs.[/QUOTE]

You either have way too much money or not enough games. ;)

[quote name='Motoki']Eh, if it's just to install the gamestop app to get a Steam key it's a stupid nuisance but it's a one time thing so I don't mind that much. I haven't bought any non-Steam stuff from them though so I don't know about how it works with that and if makes you keep the Gamestop app installed and running every time or what.[/QUOTE]

To get my steam key, I'll live. But from what I learned about (DRM-FREE elsewhere) games (Baldur's Gate, Planetscape Torment, NeverwinterNights, etc) on GameStop, yuck. I was expecting something like GG or GOG DRM-FREE. Reports were quite different.

I could have just made the pic say, "Requires Capsule to Play" but the poster before me reminded me of gamestop. That said I do have a few capulse games (and I really don't want any more), the only non-free one I have an excuse for is High School Dreams which is good and not carried elsewhere.

From wikipedia:
Originally developed for Eidos Interactive, High School Dreams: Best Friends Forever was dropped by the publisher when they merged with Square Enix and the title was funded by DR Studios themselves until it could be released. Due to this unusual turn of events, many sites such as IGN[1] erroneously list High School Dreams: Best Friends Forever as a cancelled project.

[quote name='Detruire']You either have way too much money or not enough games. ;)[/QUOTE]

I uninstall and re-install games frequently. :lol:

[quote name='asheskitty']
I could have just made the pic say, "Requires Capsule to Play" but the poster before me reminded me of gamestop. That said I do have a few capulse games (and I really don't want any more), the only non-free one I have an excuse for is High School Dreams which is good and not carried elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

For that, I might need to install Capsule.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anytime this comes up two thoughts come to mind:

1. Just because someone likes one client over another doesn't mean they hate it. It's just preference.

2. Just because someone defends Origin over Steam doesn't mean they are trying to get you to stop using Steam, saying you are wrong, or not respecting your opinion/choice.

I think we can all agree, Origin has come a long way, but Steam is Steam, is always going to be Steam, and it is going to take a lot more than a well done clone to ever make people really make a switch to another client I personally don't think it will ever happen.

I'm amongst the non-picky. I have Steam, Desura, Origin, UPlay, Impulse, Gamefly, Raptr, Amazon Game DLer, and probably a lot of other crap installed right now.[/QUOTE]
I have 5.25 TB of hdd space after purchasing a 3 TB drive. I got tired of having to delete crap and not having access to what I'm in the mood to play (by the time it's done downloading, sometimes the mood has passed) I have all of these services now installed on the 3 TB drive (would love to get a solid state drive but wish they were way larger)

[quote name='sunasun']I have 5.25 TB of hdd space after purchasing a 3 TB drive. I got tired of having to delete crap and not having access to what I'm in the mood to play (by the time it's done downloading, sometimes the mood has passed) I have all of these services now installed on the 3 TB drive (would love to get a solid state drive but wish they were way larger)[/QUOTE]

The great thing about SSDs is that the more space you have, the faster they operate at. Don't get me wrong, HDDs still operate with high spindle speeds and are fine with the currently level of BUS controllers and human perception in general. But we're about five years away from getting SSDs with the capacity of current HDDs at affordable prices, which means there'll be a huge boost in performance and possibly a revolution in PC technology. Make things work faster and your programs can be more intensive (personally, I'm ready for full virtualization and holograms/glasses-less 3D on everything). The only downsides are the migrations from desktops to mobile devices, and the Cloud, both of which are taking focus away from desktop gaming and hardware improvement. Sure, it's cool to have 32GB flash memory on your phone you primarily use to stalk people on Facebook, but come on...

I have about 6TB, but I use it all for storage. Any programs that I actively use are on a OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, and everything else I back up to ISOs and store. Such an underutilized Steam feature.

[quote name='Blade']The great thing about SSDs is that the more space you have, the faster they operate at. Don't get me wrong, HDDs still operate with high spindle speeds and are fine with the currently level of BUS controllers and human perception in general. But we're about five years away from getting SSDs with the capacity of current HDDs at affordable prices, which means there'll be a huge boost in performance and possibly a revolution in PC technology. Make things work faster and your programs can be more intensive (personally, I'm ready for full virtualization and holograms/glasses-less 3D on everything). The only downsides are the migrations from desktops to mobile devices, and the Cloud, both of which are taking focus away from desktop gaming and hardware improvement. Sure, it's cool to have 32GB flash memory on your phone you primarily use to stalk people on Facebook, but come on...

I have about 6TB, but I use it all for storage. Any programs that I actively use are on a OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, and everything else I back up to ISOs and store. Such an underutilized Steam feature.[/QUOTE]
ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

[quote name='Blade']I have about 6TB, but I use it all for storage. Any programs that I actively use are on a OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, and everything else I back up to ISOs and store. Such an underutilized Steam feature.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I didn't even know about that feature - I feel stupid now:
http://www.ghacks.net/2011/06/12/how-to-backup-steam-games/

For system/gaming I run 3 120gb SSDs and a 1TB external (eSATA). I leave 1 120 for OS / 'applications' the other 2 SSDs are for games I'm currently playing. All other games I move to my external HDD. It works well for me, but I think I can streamline this a bit more with the backup feature.

[quote name='Blade']The great thing about SSDs is that the more space you have, the faster they operate at. Don't get me wrong, HDDs still operate with high spindle speeds and are fine with the currently level of BUS controllers and human perception in general. But we're about five years away from getting SSDs with the capacity of current HDDs at affordable prices, which means there'll be a huge boost in performance and possibly a revolution in PC technology. Make things work faster and your programs can be more intensive (personally, I'm ready for full virtualization and holograms/glasses-less 3D on everything). The only downsides are the migrations from desktops to mobile devices, and the Cloud, both of which are taking focus away from desktop gaming and hardware improvement. Sure, it's cool to have 32GB flash memory on your phone you primarily use to stalk people on Facebook, but come on...

I have about 6TB, but I use it all for storage. Any programs that I actively use are on a OCZ 256GB Vertex 4, and everything else I back up to ISOs and store. Such an underutilized Steam feature.[/QUOTE]

The downside to SSD's is that with every generation of flash that improves capacity and performance, the dieshrink also reduces the life expectancy of the flash drive as a result. In particular, the TLC that will drive SSD's down to bottom dollar pricing will be particularly pathetic at lifespan before they become unable to do more writes.

That's the downside. The better it gets, the worse it gets. Until we have to switch to something else entirely.

I just entered the indie game giveaway on facebook. You have to like GMG, post on their wall in response to a question, then fill out an entry form. The prize is 10 indie games, many of which I want so it was worth the hassle IMO.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']The downside to SSD's is that with every generation of flash that improves capacity and performance, the dieshrink also reduces the life expectancy of the flash drive as a result. In particular, the TLC that will drive SSD's down to bottom dollar pricing will be particularly pathetic at lifespan before they become unable to do more writes.

That's the downside. The better it gets, the worse it gets. Until we have to switch to something else entirely.[/QUOTE]

Most SSDs use NAND flash which has a program-erase limitation, meaning they can only write and erase sectors a certain number of times before the sector degrades and becomes unusable. But Macronix announced a theoretical solution to the deterioration problem last year; they proposed a thermal annealing process that would heat up the area being erased and "heal" the electrons while removing data. It's not planned for release yet, but they say you can get up to 100,000,000 P/E cycles out of it. I don't even think you'd be able to clear a browser cache that often in 10 years.

We'll probably see hybrids (SSDs with a rotating disk drive) flood the market before long. It's a good medium, but hybrids can't match SSDs in terms of speed.

[quote name='jshackles']At this point, I'd almost rather pay Steam the $60 they're asking for the game rather than buy it for $8 and be forced to use Origin.[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's pretty intense.

did they change the option to open a ticket for support? i don't see it anywhere, i purchase the combo for bioshock infinite+the darkness 2+bioshock 1 and none of the keys i was given are valid

New 20% off code, Civ and Painkiller deals too but someone else can post those if they care about them.

20% off with voucher code GMG20-NT7TS-SY2RT
Ends Friday, March 22 at 12pm EDT

[quote name='Idiotekque']
ancient-aliens-guy.jpg
[/QUOTE]
LMAO, my wife always comments that his hair gets crazier and crazier during the taping of the alien shows he's always on. I say he's the bastard child of Don King and Courtney Love
600full-don-king.jpg

courtney-love.jpg

bread's done
Back