Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Just a head up, GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD doesn't seem to be working with confrontation because it's a "special offer". Lame, but oh well, I can wait for a good discount on the $20 retail price.

Anyone know if "The Next Big Thing" comes with a steam key? It doesn't list it so I"m guessing not but I thought I'd ask here.

GMG always directly states if a game is Steam or not on the game's page. If it says "Requires Capsule to play" it's a Capsule DRM game, and if it says "Requires Capsule to download" it's DRM free. Of the three, only Capsule play games are applicable to trade back in to GMG.

Or so I've heard.

[quote name='asheskitty']How is NFS: MW (2012) now? Do you feel it has been sufficiently patched to correct the performance issues?[/QUOTE]

Darn it, when's the NFS: MW 2012 base-game going to get cheap-cheap?
{eyebrow raised}

[quote name='asheskitty']How is NFS: MW (2012) now? Do you feel it has been sufficiently patched to correct the performance issues?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't quite run as well as it probably should, but stepping the settings down a notch from max doesn't noticeably detract from the experience and drastically improves the smoothness. I heard there were control issues as well when the game came out but I haven't experienced any since I got the game. Game play wise I think this is the best "new" racing game I've played since DiRT 2 and to me feels like this great fusion of Burnout Paradise and Midnight Club 3 with some other influences. Really just outstanding and the multiplayer is a riot.

[quote name='MysterD']Darn it, when's the NFS: MW 2012 base-game going to get cheap-cheap?
{eyebrow raised}[/QUOTE]

For all the things EA does wrong (I'm looking at you DRM and Origin) I have to give them credit for not rushing to devalue their products to worthlessness like most other publishers right now. Just not good for the hobby long term.

Devalue. Pfft. A game is worth what the customer is willing to pay. It's not a question of devaluing, it's a question of when EA wants to access those potential sales.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Still, 2 weeks later, waiting for my $14 from my Bioshock Infinite preorder :/[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'll change my paypal dispute to a claim in a week or so.

Also, go fuck yourselves GMG.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Devalue. Pfft. A game is worth what the customer is willing to pay. It's not a question of devaluing, it's a question of when EA wants to access those potential sales.[/QUOTE]

This! Also, I'd be willing to pay more if it didn't have technical problems.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']GMG just put a bunch of its complete packs on sale today:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/complete-packs/

Most of these could probably be found cheaper elsewhere when on sale (i.e. the two Batman games for $24.99 isn't a great deal), but the Patrician pack, the Tropico 4 complete bundle, and the Gothic bundle (alas, with Capsule DRM instead of Steam keys) all seem to be solid deals, especially if the 20% off code applies to them.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had taken advantage of that Tropico 4 deal when it was on sale. After the coupon code, it came out to $8, but this month was too lean to spend that much on a game for my backlog. Perhaps another sale will positively coincide with my wallet in the future.

All I want is for a good Sleeping Dogs deal to come up.. I don't know why I passed up on it so many times, but I regret it now. Especially that Gamestop deal on the complete pack for like 15 bucks.

[quote name='hellhunde']I wish I had taken advantage of that Tropico 4 deal when it was on sale. After the coupon code, it came out to $8, but this month was too lean to spend that much on a game for my backlog. Perhaps another sale will positively coincide with my wallet in the future.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it'll be on sale again. I also wouldn't be surprised if the base price for the pack eventually dropped from $40 down to $30, making it even cheaper when it goes on sale.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Devalue. Pfft. A game is worth what the customer is willing to pay. It's not a question of devaluing, it's a question of when EA wants to access those potential sales.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Unfortunately EA can usually ignore the competition and they're still fine, if not amazing, financially.

It's those damn mobile games that are raking in the big bucks...

By racing to the bottom. What do you guys do for a living? How about you do it with maximum effort and twice as many hours for over a year and then you'll take 10% of what I would have given you for the same work if it had been three years ago.

[quote name='amusedtoe']By racing to the bottom. What do you guys do for a living? How about you do it with maximum effort and twice as many hours for over a year and then you'll take 10% of what I would have given you for the same work if it had been three years ago.[/QUOTE]

i would say that i would double the income of the the closest troglodyte by ten fold, then divide that by life and the exact outcome would be nil.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']i would say that i would double the income of the the closest troglodyte by ten fold, then divide that by life and the exact outcome would be nil.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but you forgot to carry the pie and fractiply.

[quote name='Killbomb']Got the $14 from Infinite credited back to my PayPal account last night. Patience is a virtue! :D[/QUOTE]

yea me too

like a week after i beat and uninstalled it lol

I still haven't gotten my $14 for Bioshock or received any further reply from GMG.

They have a good scam going though.

I've been reading about Paypal and when you open a dispute and the seller doesn't bother responding, the buyer is screwed in a case like this.

Paypal Claims (an escalated dispute where paypal decides the outcome) only deals with the shipment of goods. Since no good were shipped in this case, Paypal won't do anything about it if I escalate my dispute to a claim (they'll simply close it since it's ineligible for a Claim).

I'm not positive how the dispute works, but from what I've read it looks like I have X number of days to escalate a Paypal dispute to a claim. If I don't do that, the dispute will close automatically and that'll be the end of it. So either way, I don't get my money.

Nice.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I still haven't gotten my $14 for Bioshock or received any further reply from GMG.

They have a good scam going though.

I've been reading about Paypal and when you open a dispute and the seller doesn't bother responding, the buyer is screwed in a case like this.

Paypal Claims (an escalated dispute where paypal decides the outcome) only deals with the shipment of goods. Since no good were shipped in this case, Paypal won't do anything about it if I escalate my dispute to a claim (they'll simply close it since it's ineligible for a Claim).

I'm not positive how the dispute works, but from what I've read it looks like I have X number of days to escalate a Paypal dispute to a claim. If I don't do that, the dispute will close automatically and that'll be the end of it. So either way, I don't get my money.

Nice.[/QUOTE]

they're just taking their sweet time

I got the three dollar credit on my GMG account but still no money back. Will give it another day before I send another support ticket to complain yet again.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']im honestly thinking about it[/QUOTE]
Yeah its kind of really bad at this point. Even if cash back is starting to trickle out at this point. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow from when I pre-ordered and it was only supposed to take 3 to 5 days. I sent another support ticket today complaining. Really going to question per-ordering anything from them in the future.

[quote name='2wicked']New code:
GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA
Valid on hundreds of digital PC titles*. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 19th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I used it to get BF3 Premium for $20.

[quote name='yantelope']Thanks. I used it to get BF3 Premium for $20.[/QUOTE]

I am curious how you did this? Every time I try to use the code on BF3 it says

"This is not a valid voucher."

GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA
Valid on hundreds of digital PC titles*. This voucher will expire at 1700 UTC April 19th.[/QUOTE]

Works on Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall preorder. 8.00

I love people flipping the fuck out over $14 and threatening court. I hope y'all all trolling with that talk, right?

It kills me that people who are so worried about $14, could somehow spend $60 on a game no problem.

I pre-ordered Infinite like March 18th and I'm still waiting for my $14. I open a ticket every week or so, but I'm giving them the benefit that they'll get it to me eventually...fuck at this point I'd take a GMG credit of $15 and just call it a day. This is the first issue I've ever had with GMG. Even with the foreign purchase charges and this whole fiasco, I'll still give them my money because they have crazy good deals when it's a sale+coupon-code type deal and they have their finger on the pulse of PC gaming by getting as many Steam-code games as possible (so does Amazon, mind you).

GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA
Brought Dead Island GOTY to $4.00 from $4.99 (after 75% off sale).

GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA

Doesn't work on Dead Island: Riptide but you get a free copy of Risen and either $10 cash back or $13 GMG credit with it. Still torn on Riptide. Dead Island was fun for a while but lust its luster before I even finished the game.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']I love people flipping the fuck out over $14 and threatening court. I hope y'all all trolling with that talk, right?

It kills me that people who are so worried about $14, could somehow spend $60 on a game no problem.

I pre-ordered Infinite like March 18th and I'm still waiting for my $14. I open a ticket every week or so, but I'm giving them the benefit that they'll get it to me eventually...fuck at this point I'd take a GMG credit of $15 and just call it a day. This is the first issue I've ever had with GMG. Even with the foreign purchase charges and this whole fiasco, I'll still give them my money because they have crazy good deals when it's a sale+coupon-code type deal and they have their finger on the pulse of PC gaming by getting as many Steam-code games as possible (so does Amazon, mind you).[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it isn't about price/item and about the principle of the situation for people. This pertains to anything and not just this incident. Sure it is easy to shrug it off and be like who cares, it's $14, but the money can be the last bit of the problem that people have the issue with.

A lot of companies know they can get away with bullshit because most people are lazy and will not do anything more than complain and because of that they will drag their feet to fix a problem (if at all in some cases).

In this particular incident, people have every right to bitch about not receiving their credit in the timeframe they have been told and still have no received it even after trying to contact GMG. They could be using that credit for a preorder on something else that has a deal going on or want to use it on something that is on sale currently.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Sometimes it isn't about price/item and about the principle of the situation for people. This pertains to anything and not just this incident. Sure it is easy to shrug it off and be like who cares, it's $14, but the money can be the last bit of the problem that people have the issue with.

A lot of companies know they can get away with bullshit because most people are lazy and will not do anything more than complain and because of that they will drag their feet to fix a problem (if at all in some cases).[/QUOTE]

QFT

I fought with Walmart over a penny ($0.01) before. I ordered & paid for photos online and picked them up in the store. The cashier charged $0.01 at the register. I didnt notice it until I got to the car and looked over my receipt. Long story short, after management got involved, I got my penny back. Gave it to my wife in the car, and she immediately dropped it between the seat and center console. Such is life, I suppose.

[quote name='zenii']I know this is CHEAPASSgamer, but a penny?

Really?[/QUOTE]

As I said, the principle of the matter can be much more important to a person than the money/item itself. Tiny mistakes like that make large corporations quite a bit of money.

[quote name='KaOTiK']As I said, the principle of the matter can be much more important to a person than the money/item itself. Tiny mistakes like that make large corporations quite a bit of money.[/QUOTE]

Not really - those tiny mistakes are generally offset by other tiny mistakes in the opposite direction. But I am with you on the idea of principle.

[quote name='KaOTiK']As I said, the principle of the matter can be much more important to a person than the money/item itself. Tiny mistakes like that make large corporations quite a bit of money.[/QUOTE]

That remains me of office space.

[quote name='bubzers']QFT

I fought with Walmart over a penny ($0.01) before. I ordered & paid for photos online and picked them up in the store. The cashier charged $0.01 at the register. I didnt notice it until I got to the car and looked over my receipt. Long story short, after management got involved, I got my penny back. Gave it to my wife in the car, and she immediately dropped it between the seat and center console. Such is life, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Wait wait wait.

You fought Wall Mart. For. a. penny.

First of all, wall mart doesn't give a flying f@ck. They don't care. If you are/were a responsible shopper, you wouldn't be shopping at wally world in the first place. They exploit the common worker, treat them like shit, cut their hours, screw with their insurance, create and enforce bad marketplace practices, and ruin small business every time they open a store in a new city/area.

So honestly, I think you are more to blame here. If you wanted good service, you should have got your prints done by a small business who will maybe charge you a $2-3 more, but who truly appreciates your bushiness because they need it, and who will take great care in developing your photos, and who stands behind their product and service.

I get that we are all cheapasses here, and there is nothing inherently wrong with looking for a deal, but this is just f@cking low. Sometimes, you gotta stick to your principles, I get that, but you aren't teaching anybody anything be resorting to acting like a dick to get a penny back from wal-mart. The customer service person is probably just scraping by possibly on minimum wage and has to deal with 20-30 other self entitled asshats on a daily basis. That's his/her career, unfortunate as it is. Your "complaint" will not make it up the chain. Nobody in upper management in Arkansas is going to see your "incident". There won't be a board meeting involving the Walton family heirs over the loss of this penny.

Sometimes, it pays to be a cheap (yet smart) shopper. But ruining someone else's already shitty day over a penny isn't being smart, it's just being a ass. If your principals are strong enough that you would argue with a minimum wage drone worker over a penny, perhaps they will be strong enough to dissuade you from stepping foot in the cancerous sore of capatalism also known as wal-mart, ever again.

[quote name='Izod517']Anddd... we're off the rails.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Unless gmg posts some new deals that are actually worth talking about (come'on come'on bioshock infinite $40)....

[quote name='arionfrost']Unless gmg posts some new deals that are actually worth talking about (come'on come'on bioshock infinite $40)....[/QUOTE]
Bioshock Infinite was cheaper than that as a preorder (and it came with XCOM:EU, Bioshock 1, and BS2/Mafia 2/Darkness 2.) :whistle2:s

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Know what's cool to put on the rails? A penny.;)[/QUOTE]

Bazinga!

(ironically, that's also similar to the sound a penny makes when it gets run over by a train while on the rail)

[quote name='Detruire']Bioshock Infinite was cheaper than that as a preorder (and it came with XCOM:EU, Bioshock 1, and BS2/Mafia 2/Darkness 2.) :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

No, it wasn't. It was $60, and it came with a cashback option (which, as evidenced by this thread, wasn't very effective). I already owned all of those extra games on steam, so to me, this wasn't a deal. It was a good deal for those looking for extra throw ins, but not to me.

Saying something is $45 by way of an eventual cashback option via paypal is similar to saying that something is $39.99 after mail in rebate, there is no guarantee that you are going to get that money back. I would rather just wait and buy it for $40 outright.

[quote name='arionfrost']No, it wasn't. It was $60, and it came with a cashback option (which, as evidenced by this thread, wasn't very effective). I already owned all of those extra games on steam, so to me, this wasn't a deal. It was a good deal for those looking for extra throw ins, but not to me.

Saying something is $45 by way of an eventual cashback option via paypal is similar to saying that something is $39.99 after mail in rebate, there is no guarantee that you are going to get that money back. I would rather just wait and buy it for $40 outright.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what the GMG price was for you (what people said on forums and what the GMG site said for us were very different numbers), but as far as I am aware Bioshock Infinite was cheaper than $40 (out of your pocket) with at least one retailer:

GamersGate had it for ~$49 and 30% back in BC - which would be ~$40 with screw-up discount.
Without the discount, it would have been $50 with $15 instant store credit, and a guaranteed $10 back if you flicked the extra games (XCOM/Mafia 2) - perhaps $15 if you didn't mind waiting a day or three.

[quote name='arionfrost']Wait wait wait.

You fought Wall Mart. For. a. penny.

First of all, wall mart doesn't give a flying f@ck. They don't care. If you are/were a responsible shopper, you wouldn't be shopping at wally world in the first place. They exploit the common worker, treat them like shit, cut their hours, screw with their insurance, create and enforce bad marketplace practices, and ruin small business every time they open a store in a new city/area.

So honestly, I think you are more to blame here. If you wanted good service, you should have got your prints done by a small business who will maybe charge you a $2-3 more, but who truly appreciates your bushiness because they need it, and who will take great care in developing your photos, and who stands behind their product and service.

I get that we are all cheapasses here, and there is nothing inherently wrong with looking for a deal, but this is just f@cking low. Sometimes, you gotta stick to your principles, I get that, but you aren't teaching anybody anything be resorting to acting like a dick to get a penny back from wal-mart. The customer service person is probably just scraping by possibly on minimum wage and has to deal with 20-30 other self entitled asshats on a daily basis. That's his/her career, unfortunate as it is. Your "complaint" will not make it up the chain. Nobody in upper management in Arkansas is going to see your "incident". There won't be a board meeting involving the Walton family heirs over the loss of this penny.

Sometimes, it pays to be a cheap (yet smart) shopper. But ruining someone else's already shitty day over a penny isn't being smart, it's just being a ass. If your principals are strong enough that you would argue with a minimum wage drone worker over a penny, perhaps they will be strong enough to dissuade you from stepping foot in the cancerous sore of capatalism also known as wal-mart, ever again.[/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0

bread's done
Back