Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='arionfrost']:lol:

Unless gmg posts some new deals that are actually worth talking about (come'on come'on bioshock infinite $40)....[/QUOTE]

There's a dude in trade selling it for $23. Or spend $40 on Ebay get an AMD Never Settle Code get BSI, Tomb Raider, and FC Dragon Blood.

[quote name='Izod517']There's a dude in trade selling it for $23. Or spend $40 on Ebay get an AMD Never Settle Code get BSI, Tomb Raider, and FC Dragon Blood.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly, I am waiting until there is a retail sale on the PC copy. I am playing it through on PS3 and really loving it. I couldn't wait, so I redbox'ed it just to play it. But I definitely want a physical copy to put on my shelf. I know it's just a steam key, but there is something nice about just putting a boxed copy on the shelf.

I like physical copies for certain games. I miss the good old days :cry:

[quote name='arionfrost']Bazinga!

(ironically, that's also similar to the sound a penny makes when it gets run over by a train while on the rail)[/QUOTE]
bazinga.jpg

[quote name='arionfrost'][customspoiler=ForBrevity]Wait wait wait.

You fought Wall Mart. For. a. penny.

First of all, wall mart doesn't give a flying f@ck. They don't care. If you are/were a responsible shopper, you wouldn't be shopping at wally world in the first place. They exploit the common worker, treat them like shit, cut their hours, screw with their insurance, create and enforce bad marketplace practices, and ruin small business every time they open a store in a new city/area.

So honestly, I think you are more to blame here. If you wanted good service, you should have got your prints done by a small business who will maybe charge you a $2-3 more, but who truly appreciates your bushiness because they need it, and who will take great care in developing your photos, and who stands behind their product and service.

I get that we are all cheapasses here, and there is nothing inherently wrong with looking for a deal, but this is just f@cking low. Sometimes, you gotta stick to your principles, I get that, but you aren't teaching anybody anything be resorting to acting like a dick to get a penny back from wal-mart. The customer service person is probably just scraping by possibly on minimum wage and has to deal with 20-30 other self entitled asshats on a daily basis. That's his/her career, unfortunate as it is. Your "complaint" will not make it up the chain. Nobody in upper management in Arkansas is going to see your "incident". There won't be a board meeting involving the Walton family heirs over the loss of this penny.

Sometimes, it pays to be a cheap (yet smart) shopper. But ruining someone else's already shitty day over a penny isn't being smart, it's just being a ass. If your principals are strong enough that you would argue with a minimum wage drone worker over a penny, perhaps they will be strong enough to dissuade you from stepping foot in the cancerous sore of capatalism also known as wal-mart, ever again.[/customspoiler][/QUOTE]

Insulting people will not get them to change.

[quote name='arionfrost']Kettle meet pot.[/QUOTE]

it seems the point of both of my posts were lost. my first post was about not wanting to be overcharged. my second was about me losing the point of your post amongst the insults. i fail to see where i insulted you in either of my posts. if you were offended, then i apologize. it was not my intention.

[quote name='bubzers']it seems the point of both of my posts were lost. my first post was about not wanting to be overcharged. my second was about me losing the point of your post amongst the insults. i fail to see where i insulted you in either of my posts. if you were offended, then i apologize. it was not my intention.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='arionfrost']Kettle meet pot.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFITa9eYoQ

[quote name='bubzers']it seems the point of both of my posts were lost. my first post was about not wanting to be overcharged. my second was about me losing the point of your post amongst the insults. i fail to see where i insulted you in either of my posts. if you were offended, then i apologize. it was not my intention.[/QUOTE]

What you refer to as insults i simply see as constructive criticism. What I mean by, "kettle meet pot" is you are, in a way you may or may not be aware of, being insensitive to people by making them feel bad for charging you a penny for something that you expected to be free, or of a certain price.

Sometimes, in retail, there are no special codes set up for a custom item at checkout. Sometimes, a cashier will have to ring you up for a penny as a minimum charge to get the computer to cooperate. it's happened to me before, and i am sure it has happened to others. In any case, as I originally stated, it's snobbish to demand a penny back for something so trivial, even worse that the penny meant nothing to you in the end and you were just doing it to prove the superiority of your claim over someone that is just pulling minimum wage at the end of the day and has to deal with the 20-30 other customers behind you.

As someone who has worked customer service, retail, and waited tables in my life, let me be the first to tell you if you haven't already heard it: you are not special.

If the penny meant nothing to you in the end, how much better would it be to just let bygones be bygones and let someone go about their day? If you believe that wal-mart did indeed cheat you of something, you have every right to shop somewhere else (and honestly, as a responsible consumer, you should).

Why do you care so much to change his mind? Let him do what he wants with his shopping experience.

If he wants that damn penny, let 'im 'ave it!

Wait, so I have to go to Wal-mart and berate an employee to get my penny cashback from the GMG Bioshock Infinite deal? Can it be any Wal-mart? I'm new to this GMG Cashback stuff so I want to be sure I do it right. Beginning to think I should have just taken the store credit instead.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wait, so I have to go to Wal-mart and berate an employee to get my penny cashback from the GMG Bioshock Infinite deal? Can it be any Wal-mart? I'm new to this GMG Cashback stuff so I want to be sure I do it right. Beginning to think I should have just taken the store credit instead.[/QUOTE]

You already lost. The only winning move is not to buy. ^_~

To be fair, there's a big difference between 1,400 pennies, and well... one penny.

[quote name='asheskitty']You already lost. The only winning move is not to buy. ^_~[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm a winner then? I guess I will just buy when i'm guaranteed to get $20 off the front end, instead of a rebate or some store credit.

[quote name='Severose']Why do you care so much to change his mind? Let him do what he wants with his shopping experience.

If he wants that damn penny, let 'im 'ave it![/QUOTE]

Did you not read his post? Fact was he didn't want the penny: he and/or his wife dropped it in the crack between the seat and didn't even bother to pick it back up. And I wouldn't be so naive as to think that I would change his mind.

[quote name='KaOTiK']As I said, the principle of the matter can be much more important to a person than the money/item itself. Tiny mistakes like that make large corporations quite a bit of money.[/QUOTE]

There is NO principle to being charged ONE PENNY. If you're that fucking anal, you might want to start disputing the fact that everyone rounds up to the cent value when calculating totals after tax. ZOMG NOT ALL TRANSACTIONS EQUATE TO EXACTLY TWO PLACES AFTER THE DECIMAL, I'M GETTING SCREWED! You would have to be an idiot to argue principle over one penny.

[quote name='arionfrost']Wait wait wait.

You fought Wall Mart. For. a. penny.

First of all, wall mart doesn't give a flying f@ck. They don't care. If you are/were a responsible shopper, you wouldn't be shopping at wally world in the first place. They exploit the common worker, treat them like shit, cut their hours, screw with their insurance, create and enforce bad marketplace practices, and ruin small business every time they open a store in a new city/area.

So honestly, I think you are more to blame here. If you wanted good service, you should have got your prints done by a small business who will maybe charge you a $2-3 more, but who truly appreciates your bushiness because they need it, and who will take great care in developing your photos, and who stands behind their product and service.

I get that we are all cheapasses here, and there is nothing inherently wrong with looking for a deal, but this is just f@cking low. Sometimes, you gotta stick to your principles, I get that, but you aren't teaching anybody anything be resorting to acting like a dick to get a penny back from wal-mart. The customer service person is probably just scraping by possibly on minimum wage and has to deal with 20-30 other self entitled asshats on a daily basis. That's his/her career, unfortunate as it is. Your "complaint" will not make it up the chain. Nobody in upper management in Arkansas is going to see your "incident". There won't be a board meeting involving the Walton family heirs over the loss of this penny.

Sometimes, it pays to be a cheap (yet smart) shopper. But ruining someone else's already shitty day over a penny isn't being smart, it's just being a ass. If your principals are strong enough that you would argue with a minimum wage drone worker over a penny, perhaps they will be strong enough to dissuade you from stepping foot in the cancerous sore of capatalism also known as wal-mart, ever again.[/QUOTE]

All of this is truth. Not even a troll. I don't remember any of bubzers' posts, but he's obviously a douche and apprehensive/butthurt that you explained the gravity of his story. Nobody really gives a shit, so let's get back on topic with some GMG deals.

Dead Block is 75% off at $2.49. I had a lot of fun with this game due to the ridiculous zombie traps and premise of the story; set in the 50's, people turn into zombies that can be destroyed using rock music. You play as a construction worker, a sassy black police officer, and a fat Boy Scout, all of whom have their own crazy traps and skills. It gets repetitive towards the end, but over all it's worth it. Bought this on 360 for the same price, and the controls are well mapped to the game pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bubzers']QFT

I fought with Walmart over a penny ($0.01) before. I ordered & paid for photos online and picked them up in the store. The cashier charged $0.01 at the register. I didnt notice it until I got to the car and looked over my receipt. Long story short, after management got involved, I got my penny back. Gave it to my wife in the car, and she immediately dropped it between the seat and center console. Such is life, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Either this was a brilliant troll post, or you're just a terrible person that I hope I never meet

I'm not really sure why everyone is assuming I berated or insulted anyone when requesting the money back. I guess it was because I used the word "fought". That word is inappropriately strong for what transpired. Probably the "Long story short, after management got involved" bit, too. I didn't feel like typing out the few sentences to describe the events. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Just as I am "on the hook" when I make a mistake, so should retailers be. It doesn't matter which retailer. It could have happened anywhere. It doesn't matter how big/small the mistake. It could have been any dollar amount.

One member here latched on to Walmart and ran with it. That's fine with me. He is obviously very passionate about what happens there. What I don't appreciate is the use of insults and name-calling. It isn't constructive criticism to put someone down. I am not "butthurt" by it, but I am dismayed that it went in that direction.

I still stand by my principle. I give back money that is incorrectly given to me, too. Financial obligations are very important to me. I don't understand how that makes me a douche, or an asshat, or a terrible person, or whatever.

I have PMed a couple of members with the hope to get some things cleared up. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

[quote name='bubzers']I'm not really sure why everyone is assuming I berated or insulted anyone when requesting the money back. I guess it was because I used the word "fought". That word is inappropriately strong for what transpired. Probably the "Long story short, after management got involved" bit, too. I didn't feel like typing out the few sentences to describe the events. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Just as I am "on the hook" when I make a mistake, so should retailers be. It doesn't matter which retailer. It could have happened anywhere. It doesn't matter how big/small the mistake. It could have been any dollar amount.

One member here latched on to Walmart and ran with it. That's fine with me. He is obviously very passionate about what happens there. What I don't appreciate is the use of insults and name-calling. It isn't constructive criticism to put someone down. I am not "butthurt" by it, but I am dismayed that it went in that direction.

I still stand by my principle. I give back money that is incorrectly given to me, too. Financial obligations are very important to me. I don't understand how that makes me a douche, or an asshat, or a terrible person, or whatever.

I have PMed a couple of members with the hope to get some things cleared up. We'll see what happens, I suppose.
[/QUOTE]

Time is money too though, so how much is your time worth to you? I hope the time spent on getting your penny back gave you a sense of accomplishment.

[quote name='bubzers']...Probably the "Long story short, after management got involved" bit, too...
[/QUOTE]

This sentence right here. This is what got to me, and caused me to rant. I apologize if I was offensive. But honestly man, getting management involved over a penny is low. It's quite humiliating for the customer service person to have to call a manager for something like this. That's what I was getting at. It would have just been better off for everyone involved if you had just taken the penny as a loss.

I honestly believe that you are sincere (giving you the benefit of the doubt here) in your claim, and not overtly trying to troll.

As for GMG, well, I personally wasn't affected by the Bioshock Infiinite cashback watergate scandal. The only recourse any of you have is to either submit a support ticket and wait it out, choose to be more selective about trusting GMG to honor deals with regards to future purchases, or choose not to shop at GMG anymore. At the end of the day, GMG is a key reseller, which, in and of itself is a somewhat gray area/shady business. I choose to only bite on deals that are a sure bet at GMG, and have only pre-ordered once through GMG (Hitman Absolution).

Sucks that some people are out $14. Live and learn I guess.

I'm sure it's been mentioned that GMG is even giving you $3 in store credit for not having your $14 cash back deposited quickly enough. And hey, people are getting their money!

Still, it's best to call Phoenix Wright immediately, those missing funds from your $60 splurge on a video game could cause you to go bankrupt and/or commit gross sexual misconduct on a female family member.

"I don't understand how that makes me a douche, or an asshat, or a terrible person, or whatever."

That's simply a perspective. A perspective that I happen to share. By your choosing to be annoying over something very insignificant.

I think the reason people might be hating on you is because we have to deal with unreasonable people such as yourself far too frequently. Its an unnecessary annoyance.

If this were league of legends I would tell you to uninstall.

Dangit, your pictures made me go back and read the last 3 pages to figure out what happened. I wonder if I can argue with you guys to give me my 10 minutes back...

[quote name='yantelope']Dangit, your pictures made me go back and read the last 3 pages to figure out what happened. I wonder if I can argue with you guys to give me my 10 minutes back...[/QUOTE]

Sure, you can have the 10 minutes back as long as you don't drop them in between the passenger seat and the center console. :roll:

[quote name='arionfrost']Sure, you can have the 10 minutes back as long as you don't drop them in between the passenger seat and the center console. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Touché

[quote name='arionfrost']Sure, you can have the 10 minutes back as long as you don't drop them in between the passenger seat and the center console. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Big_Bang_Bazinga_Sheldon_Red_Shirt_LG.jpg

For the person looking for bioshock, plenty of people are selling it for 25 paypal in the trading forum. Just choose someone with a decent amount of feedback and you should be fine.

Latest GMG deal has all the GTA games on sale. With the coupon, it's not a bad deal, if you want to buy them piecemeal. Most seem to redeem on Steam. There's also some EA games, including the Command & Conquer Collection, that redeem on Origin on sale.

[quote name='yantelope']Dangit, your pictures made me go back and read the last 3 pages to figure out what happened. I wonder if I can argue with you guys to give me my 10 minutes back...[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's what I've done... but I spend the past two day's lunch time digging through the side story regarding the $14 GMG fiasco.

If I was overcharged a penny, I'd fight to the bitter end, every time, even when I know it's stupid and pointless. It this case, if the cashier knowingly charged the penny and the store knowingly keep on doing so, it's a crime! IIRC, banks used to do this BS, they are not allowed to anymore.

They never responded to my paypal dispute about the $14 cash back. Paypal closed it in their favor, saying the transaction was ineligible for buyer protection because it was intangible.

I guess I just bug them about it every once in awhile until they refund me or close my account.

PayPal never offers buyer protection on digital goods or digital/physical services. Anyone who's had one of those disputes work has gotten extremely lucky.

Some new deals on GMG, with a 20% voucher code: GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA.

Awesomenauts for $3.39 - 20% = $2.71 (Activates on Steam; DLC on sale, too.)
Syndicate for $4.99 - 20% = $3.99 (I believe this is the cheapest it's ever been.)
Mercenaries 2 for $2.49 - 20% = $1.99 (I think this is also the cheapest that it's ever been.)
Mass Effect 3 Deluxe for $14.99 - 20% = $11.99 (Not a bad deal.)
Mass Effect Trilogy for $29.99 - 20% = $23.99
The Saboteur for $4.99 - 20% = $3.99
Medal of Honor + MoH: Airborne for $8.99 - 20% = $7.19

All of the EA games activate on Origin, though you might have to go through the old EA activation link to do so (https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do). I believe that all of the EA games are also region-restricted to North America only, for some reason.

I can recommend The Saboteur as a fun game, though it can be difficult to get it working well (it's a very poorly optimized port). I know that Syndicate was popular on the Amazon thread when it went on sale for $5 a few months ago. What does everyone think about Mercenaries 2?

Syndicate sucks. Let me rephrase that in a way that properly expresses my feelings on this game.

Syndicate suuuckkkkssss... su... uuuuuckkkk...sssssss.....
Even for $5, the game is a total letdown. Just when the game gets going, it comes to an abrupt end and you are left with a feeling of profound emptiness and regret. Otherwise, some decent deals here. Even though i already own the mass effect games, it makes me want to rebuy them all over again haha.

Update from GMG on Dead Island Riptide

"This is an update on the pre-purchase offer available for Dead Island: Riptide available from Green Man Gaming.

We are removing Risen from the pre-purchase offer. Everyone who pre-purchases will still receive Dead Island: Riptide and the Survivor Pack DLC.

Instead, in order to continue offering the best deal possible, we will be allowing voucher usage on Dead Island: Riptide with our 20% voucher available.

How does this affect me?

All orders from this point (1620 UTC April 22nd) will not receive a voucher for Risen. If you have already received a voucher for Risen you can still use it until the expiry date attached to it (visible in your order confirmation email with the voucher).

If you pre-purchased when Risen was a bonus, but no vouchers were used in your order, and no GMG Credit or Cash Back was available (i.e., you paid full price for Riptide), if you contact us via our support site our support team will provide your account with some GMG Credit.

-James"

Mercenaries 2 for $2 is a great deal, I remember the game getting a pretty mediocre reception but it's still really fun. Very similar to Just Cause 2 but not quite on the same level.

Also I wish there was someplace that sold Mercenaries 1 digitally. Is there?

How close does GMG stick to their release dates? According to them, Dead Island Riptide doesn't come out til the 26th while everyone else is going to have it on the 23rd.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Mercenaries 2 for $2 is a great deal, I remember the game getting a pretty mediocre reception but it's still really fun. Very similar to Just Cause 2 but not quite on the same level.

Also I wish there was someplace that sold Mercenaries 1 digitally. Is there?[/QUOTE]

I think you just provided the extra push I needed to get the game, though I wonder why it got mediocre reviews. And I've never seen Mercenaries 1 anywhere... according to Wikipedia, it was never released for PC. I remember how I wanted to play it when it first came out for the original Xbox, but I couldn't afford it since I was in college.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Mercenaries 2 for $2 is a great deal, I remember the game getting a pretty mediocre reception but it's still really fun. Very similar to Just Cause 2 but not quite on the same level.

Also I wish there was someplace that sold Mercenaries 1 digitally. Is there?[/QUOTE]

One HUGE difference is that there's a multiplayer mod for Just Cause 2. You can't play Mercenaries 2 online.. servers got shut down a long time ago.

I don't know where I got the idea that Mercenaries 1 had a PC version then. Guess I must have been thinking of something else. I actually have a copy from when Gamestop was clearing out their Xbox games so I guess I'll have to play that some time.

And yes JC2 MP mod does look like a riot, and even from a purely single player viewpoint it's definitely a much better game.

Mercenaries 2 was crazy buggy for me when I played it on the 360. I'd imagine the PC version is as bad or worse.

Still, it was a pretty fun game from what I played of it. Dumb fun. I have it on the PC, but haven't gotten around to it.

Now... to buy ME3 or not...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Full price? Oops indeed, CheapyD. ;)[/QUOTE]

What if he uses CAG referral links like the rest of us and gets some revenue for the sale because he's the owner? ;)

[quote name='Bezerker']How close does GMG stick to their release dates? According to them, Dead Island Riptide doesn't come out til the 26th while everyone else is going to have it on the 23rd.[/QUOTE]

You'll get it almost immediately after ordering it :) Keys are going out so you can just enter it right into Steam.
-James

Finally got my cash back from Bioshock infinite pre-order. Only took them almost a month. If I pre-order from them again I'll just have to remember to pick GMG credit and never cash back.

bread's done
Back