Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Nabbed Borderlands 2 and the Season Pass with the coupon.  I have the PS3 version, but it was much cheaper for me to buy the season pass this way along with the game on my PC.  

For those like me who can't be arsed to learn UTC:

This set of deals is 4PM-10PM UTC or 12PM-6PM EST (11-5 CST, 9-3 PST)

So new deals will come every day at:

UTC: 4 and 10

EST: 12 and 6

CST: 11 and 5

PST: 9 and 3

Now seems as good a time as any to ask. . . if I didn't really care for Borderlands 1, will I enjoy Borderlands 2 or is this just throwing good money after bad?

Now seems as good a time as any to ask. . . if I didn't really care for Borderlands 1, will I enjoy Borderlands 2 or is this just throwing good money after bad?
It depends on what you didn't like. Borderlands 2 is just a better Borderlands.

If you're talking about minor annoyances, well, BL2 may have eliminated the offense. If you didn't like the game overall... well then, no, you probably won't like this one.

Anyone know if the Borderlands 2 + Season pass is two separate codes? Wanted to get it for the season pass but I have bl2 already and wanted to get it for a friend, so it would have to be 2 separate codes for that to work, did anyone that get it know if it was one code or two? I was assuming 2 but didn't want to get screwed over haha XD

I've been told that I'm offended by this sale.

Evil such as women's rights, sharing with poor people, and social progress in general, are represented by this infernal number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, between how slow the site is going and the 15-minute limit on your cart, it's making it pretty difficult for me to checkout...

Anyone know if the Borderlands 2 + Season pass is two separate codes? Wanted to get it for the season pass but I have bl2 already and wanted to get it for a friend, so it would have to be 2 separate codes for that to work, did anyone that get it know if it was one code or two? I was assuming 2 but didn't want to get screwed over haha XD
The rep confirmed on Reddit that it's two separate keys.

It depends on what you didn't like. Borderlands 2 is just a better Borderlands.

If you're talking about minor annoyances, well, BL2 may have eliminated the offense. If you didn't like the game overall... well then, no, you probably won't like this one.
Hm. It's been a while, but here goes. . .

I played the campaign as a Siren. Even after levelling up some of her more useful abilities, I got my ass handed to me--a lot. Some of the map designs made objectives extremely difficult to locate (there is one mission I remember where you went into a cave system looking for parts (maybe for Claptrap?) and one of them was located on an overhang that you had to a) first physically locate in the game world and b) make a ridiculously difficult jump to grab. The fast travel system was pretty crap, IMO; even with it unlocked, you still would find yourself frequently trudging across entire maps to get to other maps to get to a node where you could go where you wanted. I always felt vaguely underlevelled compared to the enemy swarms I encountered. I guess that's about it: also I'm not a huge fan of the FPS genre and the end of the story (which is primarily why I play any shooter) was such a cop-out I wanted to go to Randy Pitchford's house and scream at him.

So after being disappointed about that, I loaded up the Dr. Ned Zombie DLC and played it for a while, but I got so sick of being swarmed by homing zombies that I just said, "To hell with it" and moved on to the next thing in my backlog. I bought but still haven't played the Robot Revolution and General Knoxx DLCs.

Hm. It's been a while, but here goes. . .

I played the campaign as a Siren. Even after levelling up some of her more useful abilities, I got my ass handed to me--a lot. Some of the map designs made objectives extremely difficult to locate (there is one mission I remember where you went into a cave system looking for parts (maybe for Claptrap?) and one of them was located on an overhang that you had to a) first physically locate in the game world and b) make a ridiculously difficult jump to grab. The fast travel system was pretty crap, IMO; even with it unlocked, you still would find yourself frequently trudging across entire maps to get to other maps to get to a node where you could go where you wanted. I always felt vaguely underlevelled compared to the enemy swarms I encountered. I guess that's about it: also I'm not a huge fan of the FPS genre and the end of the story (which is primarily why I play any shooter) was such a cop-out I wanted to go to Randy Pitchford's house and scream at him.

So after being disappointed about that, I loaded up the Dr. Ned Zombie DLC and played it for a while, but I got so sick of being swarmed by homing zombies that I just said, "To hell with it" and moved on to the next thing in my backlog. I bought but still haven't played the Robot Revolution and General Knoxx DLCs.
Hmm... well I have some mixed messages to give you then.

Overall, the quest markers are much more accurate. I can think of only one or two that really forced me to look around a bit. There are also more fast travels and "save" locations, I think.

The story is vastly better than the first - the writing is pretty good, actually. You probably missed out on a decent closure to BL1 by skipping the Claptrap DLC, and you definitely skipped the best DLC (Knoxx). So, for you, the story experience would be much improved.

Having said that, it's still a FPS and there's still lots of stuff to shoot - and some of them swarm - so it may just not be your cup of tea.

Hmm... well I have some mixed messages to give you then.

Overall, the quest markers are much more accurate. I can think of only one or two that really forced me to look around a bit. There are also more fast travels and "save" locations, I think.

The story is vastly better than the first - the writing is pretty good, actually. You probably missed out on a decent closure to BL1 by skipping the Claptrap DLC, and you definitely skipped the best DLC (Knoxx). So, for you, the story experience would be much improved.

Having said that, it's still a FPS and there's still lots of stuff to shoot - and some of them swarm - so it may just not be your cup of tea.
Thanks for the insights; seems like it makes sense for me to wait on a <$10 GOTY. I'm expecting that for the Spring 2014 sale at the latest.

Looks like my paypal went through, but I didn't receive any codes. 

Sent them an email. Hopefully their customer service is more in line with Origin than Steam. 

Looks like my paypal went through, but I didn't receive any codes.

Sent them an email. Hopefully their customer service is more in line with Origin than Steam.
Definitely nowhere close to Origin, but you'll get a much faster response than Steam.. I think they usually respond within 48 hours. Takes Steam over a week to respond to my tickets.. lol.

Definitely nowhere close to Origin, but you'll get a much faster response than Steam.. I think they usually respond within 48 hours. Takes Steam over a week to respond to my tickets.. lol.
I'll settle for something closer to Origin than the horror stories I've heard about Steams customer service. Luckily, I've never had to deal with Steam for any issues. They sent an email saying they would respond in the next 24 hours.

I really hope they send me the keys instead of refunding my paypal. On principal I'll have to wait for an equivalent deal before I buy it. Who knows how long that will take.

LancerEvoX,

Yeah, it showed some of my past purchases, but it didn't show BL2 and the season pass. The check out process was a mess. The site timed out numerous times, and I did a lot of refreshing. When I checked out using paypal it didn't show what I was actually buying. Really it is my fault. But, I only had a minute left and I wanted to get in. So, if they just refund my paypal I completely understand.

Isn't the Borderlands 2 sale technically over?  Still got the price + coupon a minute ago.

My cart never refreshed past the "Hang on!  Processing your order." page, but I still got my keys and Paypal receipt via email thankfully.

Isn't the Borderlands 2 sale technically over? Still got the price + coupon a minute ago.

My cart never refreshed past the "Hang on! Processing your order." page, but I still got my keys and Paypal receipt via email thankfully.
36 minutes left. Ends at 4 UTC or 6 EST

Ok, I'm getting confused. I was pretty sure the first sale was listed as 4-10 UTC, but now they are starting the second sale and it ends at 3 UTC? At least one of these sales didn't last 6 hours.

EDIT:

Ok, the site just came back up for me and says 10PM-4AM UTC, so they are starting about 10 minutes early, but the original 6 are still showing up as on sale.

says "unable to add voucher"
Using the 10% GMG10-U49LX-GAE17?

I haven't bitten on any GMG sales yet, but people earlier were saying it worked. If you were using the right voucher then it's probably an issue with the site. Timeouts, crashes, 503 errors, GMG isn't handling the traffic too well. Kinda sad.

Using the 10% GMG10-U49LX-GAE17?

I haven't bitten on any GMG sales yet, but people earlier were saying it worked. If you were using the right voucher then it's probably an issue with the site. Timeouts, crashes, 503 errors, GMG isn't handling the traffic too well. Kinda sad.
I tried that and the 20% one.

Both stated "unable to add voucher" I said screw it and ill pay the extra dollar or whatever but it wouldnt let me even go past the add voucher checkout screen before the site crashed again lol

The voucher worked for me, but the site crashed during checkout (thankfully I got my emails!) and hasn't been back since.

Right now is the first time I've got it to load at all...

"Site maintenance in progress"
Sorry but the site is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back soon.

bread's done
Back