Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Website down for maintenance....  Has it been up since the currency changes? 

(I'm a bit curious if I've been moved from the US Dollar to the confederate dollar...) 

Yup, they are... 20% off voucher isn't working with Injustice either. (Figured with the loss in credit it was worth the try... I guess they really aren't trying to get too many sales.)
I believe I read that the sale on Injustice goes through Friday so I'm going to wait to see if another voucher comes out or if they restore the GMG credit to $2 by then. If not, Friday is my birthday so I'll probably just splurge and spend the extra $2. I'm pretty sure that would get me booted from this site though.

I believe I read that the sale on Injustice goes through Friday so I'm going to wait to see if another voucher comes out or if they restore the GMG credit to $2 by then. If not, Friday is my birthday so I'll probably just splurge and spend the extra $2. I'm pretty sure that would get me booted from this site though.
Nah (it's 75% off), but you would be put on probation.

In my opinion there is little harm and paying a bit more than you normally would for something you really want... and even less harm if its for a special occasion.

(Just make sure you play it and not just backlog it... And really that's where the 76% off rule comes from... So easy to go overboard with buying stuff.)

In my opinion there is little harm and paying a bit more than you normally would for something you really want... and even less harm if its for a special occasion.

(Just make sure you play it and not just backlog it... And really that's where the 76% off rule comes from... So easy to go overboard with buying stuff.)
Very true! I definitely wouldn't pay that amount for a game to sit in my backlog. Doesn't mean I haven't done it before but I've more or less learned my lesson.

PSA: Currency Changes on GMG

Hi folks,

This is a quick post to let you know about some changes to GMG's service. The reason for this change is due to GMG's own increased growth and growth in certain territories.

This won't affect the vast majority of people, but it will impact some of you. When you next log in, any GMG Credit on your account will be changed into the new currency (if applicable) at the conversion rate of the previous day. It will not just have the currency symbol changed. Please note these changes are final, and we cannot make any exceptions for individual users to keep a certain currency, or change to one which hasn't been assigned to you.

If you want to verify whether or not you will be using a new currency you can contact our customer support team, by logging into Green Man Gaming and clicking Support at the top nav bar.

-The GMG Team

PSA: Currency Changes on GMG

Hi folks,

This is a quick post to let you know about some changes to GMG's service. The reason for this change is due to GMG's own increased growth and growth in certain territories.

This won't affect the vast majority of people, but it will impact some of you. When you next log in, any GMG Credit on your account will be changed into the new currency (if applicable) at the conversion rate of the previous day. It will not just have the currency symbol changed. Please note these changes are final, and we cannot make any exceptions for individual users to keep a certain currency, or change to one which hasn't been assigned to you.

If you want to verify whether or not you will be using a new currency you can contact our customer support team, by logging into Green Man Gaming and clicking Support at the top nav bar.

-The GMG Team
lol they hurting themselves in other countries not where i live since it been in us dollar

What's a popular fish and chips location in the UK? I need to stake a claim now so when Euro Tony starts his CAG thread for the UK Amazon PCDD, I'm all ready to go.

Actually, truth be told, I have a UK Amazon account already, but I used my US address.
Gah, don't mention fish and chips. Now I'm hungry for them and they're seemingly unobtainable in the US =/

It is hilarious when I live in Poland and they want me to pay for games in pound sterling.It doesn't make any sense.

1 dollar is 3,3 polish złoty

1 pound is 5,3 polish złoty

It would be cool if game prices would have been adjusted but they hardly are and when it comes to  more expensive games I would pay a lot more now.

I was very happy with GMG and they had no problem charging me with $ ( maybe it was unrpofitable for them I don't know) but now my activity there won't be so big.I know that they won't lose anything but hey,it's still pretty sad.

It was to good to last forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, GMG is going to bleed money now that they've done this. Wonder what finally forced them to comply with regional price gouging...

Yep, GMG is going to bleed money now that they've done this. Wonder what finally forced them to comply with regional price gouging...
I don't think that they will bleed money but I would really like to know why they did it.Are they paying some money for handling euro clients and it costs that much that they must charge more? Prices were the same in US from what I know but now here they are inceased.

Being in the US, it's hard for me to say, but I'd imagine that they are just following suit. Isn't Steam doing the same thing?

Being in the US, it's hard for me to say, but I'd imagine that they are just following suit. Isn't Steam doing the same thing?
I can't speak for other countries but at least here in Poland Steam is charging in euro not in pounds.

People aren't to happy with it and we are waiting for zł in Steam store.Russia has their own currency there.

Russian weak currency is a reason for all this steam gifts resellers though,they are really popular in PL and now they will be even more popular with GMG prices.

My money is on government regulation.
Publishers more likely.

(Thought starting next year taxating location will change and EU based companies will have to pay & collect taxes according to buyers country. Non EU-based have been under this rule already for ages, Steam did too before starting in EU and using euros instead of dollars.

Just hoping greedy publisher won't raise already insane prices more. Or maybe I don't care, as long as trading isn't blocked.)

LA Noire complete for 7.49 before voucher on GMG. 5.99 after. If only Amazon could have gotten this on the EC sale. :(

The DLC bundle is 2.99 (2.40 after voucher) here for those who already have the base game: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/la-noire-dlc-bundle/

Complete bundle: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/la-noire-complete-edition/

Voucher: PH4V4F-33PTVI-5HXNWG

Thoughts on the DLC for LAN?
I grabbed the DLC too.. At least it has made sure this the next game I play, at most it pops up on the playfire rewards tomorrow and pays for itself, since my tomb raider/vulcan won't transfer in time.

Playfire rewards are all Free to Play games today.  Only worth £0.30 altogether, but hey, it's free.

Today's Rewards BETA theme encompasses a number of great free to play games. It'll cost you nothing to get involved, but you can earn some GMG Credit while you play!

[SIZE=large]New rewards[/SIZE]
Available until Wednesday 12 February, 2014 23:59 UTC:

GAMES
  • Play Loadout for the first time - £0.10
  • Play Serena for the first time - £0.10
  • Play 8bitMMO for the first time - £0.10

:popcorn: I'm just waiting for Amazon DVG to add Euro prices.
At this point Amazon US Digital games might as well start collecting VAT on every purchase from an "Oregon" address.

What's a popular fish and chips location in the UK? I need to stake a claim now so when Euro Tony starts his CAG thread for the UK Amazon PCDD, I'm all ready to go.

Actually, truth be told, I have a UK Amazon account already, but I used my US address.
On physical or digital goods? I didn't think a US address worked for digital games. I know a while back when Amazon Germany Digital Games had some Ubisoft game for free you needed a German address and ID # (sort of their SS# equivalent, no no not that SS :p)

Of couse a bunch of people on Reddit were using fake info and telling other people to do it too. I know, real shocker there.

On physical or digital goods? I didn't think a US address worked for digital games. I know a while back when Amazon Germany Digital Games had some Ubisoft game for free you needed a German address and ID # (sort of their SS# equivalent, no no not that SS :p)

Of couse a bunch of people on Reddit were using fake info and telling other people to do it too. I know, real shocker there.
Physical goods. I've had my account set up well before the digital store was even a thought.

Well Playfire's solution to my problem was not to fix my old account which has years of stats, badges, owned games, and all this other shit I spent so much time on, but they decided to unlink my Steam account from that old Playfire profile so I can attach it to my new Greenman Playfire account. I guess I can live with that, but it still sucks. Maybe now I'll finally start earning credit.

Well Playfire's solution to my problem was not to fix my old account which has years of stats, badges, owned games, and all this other shit I spent so much time on, but they decided to unlink my Steam account from that old Playfire profile so I can attach it to my new Greenman Playfire account. I guess I can live with that, but it still sucks. Maybe now I'll finally start earning credit.
Sell-out. What won't you do for a couple bucks?

Don't sarcasm font me!

If anyone wants to be Playfire friends with me, add me http://www.playfire.com/Snakes

Most of the time I spent manually updating my old Playfire account games list was for features that no longer exist, so it's not that big of a loss. I used to use them to keep track of my game library, but then the site went to shit.

Don't sarcasm font me!

If anyone wants to be Playfire friends with me, add me http://www.playfire.com/Snakes

Most of the time I spent manually updating my old Playfire account games list was for features that no longer exist, so it's not that big of a loss. I used to use them to keep track of my game library, but then the site went to shit.
So that's who added me..

I thought that was suspicious. How did you find me, anyway.

Amazon UK sometimes have good deals for their Blu-rays and no VAT if you are using a foreign address.
Yep, Blu-rays were the exact reason I initially set up my account. When it was released, the Alien Anthology was something like half the US price.

The most exotic thing I've done is import Kickboxer from Korea and Army of Darkness from China. They had the best versions of those DVDs.
Collector's edition? Amazon JP has some exclusive collector's edition of Blu-rays but the shipping cost is expensive.

91NrgbO72zL._AA1500_.jpg

Collector's edition? Amazon JP has some exclusive collector's edition of Blu-rays but the shipping cost is expensive.
No, they were different transfers of those movies. The Korean Kickboxer transfer was available in the US at one point but by the time I wanted to buy it I had to import. At that point in time, that particular transfer of Kickboxer was the only way to get it in widescreen. The more widely available DVD was pan&scan 4:3.

That Army of Darkness was a superior source and transfer/encode and was only available in region 3, I believe that's still the case and even the blu-rays are from the inferior source.

So has anyone gotten any GMG credit from the Playfire shenanigans yet? Been over a week now and Playfire shows a total and says "We're gonna give you the credit! Honest!" but nothin' doin' so far. On top of that it's also incredibly fidgety and hasn't given me credit/confirmation on a fair number of their quests but I can't be assed to pester support about it. Like giving me credit for a single Tomb Raider achievement but not giving me credit for actually launching the game, etc.

bread's done
Back