Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

I'm just going to put this out there and I know it's not a popular opinion with the McDonald's in Oregon crowd. Regional pricing has always existed and will always exist. There's no such thing as a universal economy and unified pricing. The fact that it's more obvious now because of the internet or that some products are digital and downloaded from the same source isn't going to change that.

I never see Americans complaining about this even though pricing in other countries like Russia, Brazil, Mexico, India etc is far lower than the prices we pay. I guess we get that it's a different economy and don't feel, wait for it, entitled to the same pricing those countries get.

Ultimately, a product is priced what the market will bear. If people think the prices are too high for a certain good then they should not buy it at that price point and the seller will get the message and lower the price. And if not enough people are willing to do that then that means most buyers in your country feel that product has the value it's selling at and the price that the country next door or halfway around the world is getting really has no bearing on that.

For what it's worth, I believe the countries in Europe and Australia/NZ that keep complaining about the higher digital prices also tend to have higher physical prices on console games, electronics and other similar goods on the whole. And it's been this way for a long time. I had a friend in the UK back in the 90s and we'd talk about Sega and Nintendo games and their prices when I did the conversion were almost universally higher than what we were paying in the US.

It's not a new thing. I'm sorry that it's in you guys' face now because the internet and it's making you feel bad, but you don't live here, you don't work here, you aren't part of our economy and you don't have a right to our prices.

/dissertation

As for the $10 = €10 = £10 minimum in your cart to use a voucher, that's just GMG being lazy and not wanting to deal with currency conversion. Feel free to complain to them about it. However I would also point out for you continental types that the 10 pound minimum is even higher for UK people than the 10 euro minimum, as well as to note that when the Euro first came out it was at about at a 1 to 1 ratio to the USD but economies and currencies, you know, diverge.

*Edited to clarify: And yes I know there are Americans who take advantage of Russian pricing through traders and Brazil pricing through Nuuvem etc, but they don't complain that it's unfair that our prices are higher. They know those prices are from a different economy, that they aren't supposed to have access to them and that they are in fact exploiting a loophold to get that pricing.
FTFY. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
*Edited to clarify: And yes I know there are Americans who take advantage of Russian pricing through traders and Brazil pricing through Nuuvem etc, but they don't complain that it's unfair that our prices are higher. They know those prices are from a different economy, that they aren't supposed to have access to them and that they are in fact exploiting a loophold to get that pricing.
I can only speak for myself... but we don't view capitalism as necessarily evil (though it can be corrupted, much like anything else touched by man) and just view Russian resellers, Nuuvem, and/or other sources as just another avenue to get the goods/services we want. (competition good)

Anyhow, now I want to bitch about GMG for a secound... Seriously, a limit of 5 items in the cart at one time and a 10 minimum on the voucher...? I'm starting to get the feeling they don't want to do any more vouchers and are in the process of getting people use to them not being around.

Anyhow, now I want to bitch about GMG for a secound... Seriously, a limit of 5 items in the cart at one time and a 10 minimum on the voucher...? I'm starting to get the feeling they don't want to do any more vouchers and are in the process of getting people use to them not being around.
Ugh. Didn't realize they had a cart limit. I have skipped numerous Borderlands 2 DLC sales waiting for the inevitable GMG sale where I would be able to grab them all at once with the extra voucher discount. Looks like that was a poor decision.

Ugh. Didn't realize they had a cart limit. I have skipped numerous Borderlands 2 DLC sales waiting for the inevitable GMG sale where I would be able to grab them all at once with the extra voucher discount. Looks like that was a poor decision.
I have pretty much all the BL2 DLC I want... but, yeah, like I said it seems they want to limit them into uselessness.

Just wondering did some of you guys already received your Titanfall code yet? I just purchased it this morning using my $10 off code. Then I check the gmg forum and I see that many still haven't received their codes yet. Not surprised, since I've bought quite a few games at release from gmg.

Just wondering did some of you guys already received your Titanfall code yet? I just purchased it this morning using my $10 off code. Then I check the gmg forum and I see that many still haven't received their codes yet. Not surprised, since I've bought quite a few games at release from gmg.
I just bought DS2 and they didn't send me a code to pre-purchase on steam yet either

I bought Titanfall yesterday afternoon and got the code immediately. Odd that some people aren't getting theirs; I wonder if they ran out of keys and are trying to get more or something?

I'm The Nameless One.

So, no - no, I don't remember. ;)
Squirrel's reaction:

headdesk.gif.gif

GreenManGaming is having the following sales.

Paradox titles for up to 75% off:

Games include:

• Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $2.49
  • Pirates of Black Cove - $2.49
  • Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter - $4.99
  • Sengoku - $2.49
  • Victoria II - $7.49
  • Victoria II: A House Divided DLC - $2.49
  • War of the Roses Pack - $6.24
  • EU III: Chronicles - $7.49
  • March of the Eagles - $4.99
  • Arsenal of Democracy - $2.49
  • A Game of Dwarves + DLCs
  • Commander Conquest of Americas + DLCs
  • Dungeonland + DLCs
  • Magicka + DLCs
  • and more
All activate on Steam.

Enlight Games titles for up to 75% off.

Games include:

• Restaurant Empire - $2.49
  • Restaurant Empire 2 - $4.98
  • Hotel Giant - $2.49
  • Capitalism 2 - $2.48
  • Joan of Arc - $0.98
  • Marine Park Empire - $2.48
  • Nemesis of the Roman Empire - $2.49
  • Seven Kingdoms II - $2.48
  • Warlords Battlecry 3 - $2.48
  • Zoo Empire - $1.23
All require Capsule.

Some other GMG Deals

Remember to use coupon code H799RH-7L8NPP-RCKKT8 for an additional 20% off when you spend $10 or more.

The Last Remnant is currently on sale for $2.49 (-75%).

Anyone have thoughts on this? There aren't a whole lot of JRPGs on PC/Steam, so I'm considering picking it up.
Nice catch, it seems GMG is having a Square Enix sale on several games. As for The Last Remnant, I only played a few parts of it but it sort of has a FF12 feel to it if you liked that game in the series.

Square Enix games on sale for up to 75% off:

All Activate on Steam.

Remember to use coupon code H799RH-7L8NPP-RCKKT8 for an additional 20% off when you spend $10 or more.

Nice catch, it seems GMG is having a Square Enix sale on several games. As for The Last Remnant, I only played a few parts of it but it sort of has a FF12 feel to it if you liked that game in the series.

Square Enix Games on sale for up to 75% off:

All Activate on Steam.

Dunno how I missed this while on GMG earlier. Still waiting on a FF VII VIII bundle. I'll prolly jump on Last Remnant due to my playfire credit. Still disgruntled about current GMG coupon code too.

Playfire support FINALLY answered me and gave me $2.40 in GMG credit for the achievements I completed... Three days too late to get the Sega games. Blargh.

I'll probably keep that around until something I really want pops up again. Considering GMG's current crappy coupons, I doubt that'll be anytime soon.

Hm, not sure if I want to get VII and VIII at around $11 or wait awhile longer. I'll probably hold off though, been swamped with work and no time for leisure.
Wait for a better deal. With GMG's sale, VII and VIII are only 50% off and 33% off respectively and both have been cheaper in the last few months, even without a 20% off coupon. You could get both for $9 or $10 if you hold off.

GMG is having a 24 hour sale on Legacy Interactive titles for 75% off.

Games include:

• Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep - $1.73
  • Criminal Minds - $1.73
  • Ghost Whisperer - $1.73
  • Murder She Wrote - $1.49
  • Murder She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove -  $1.73
  • The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes - $1.49
  • The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes 2 - $1.73
These games require Capsule.

I'm waiting for their Focus on Focus Entertainment sale so they can put Final Exam at 75% off and I can use my Playfire rewards.  I got like $5 in rewards now in a week - mostly from South Park - Awesome!

• Quantum Conundrum - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Quantum Conundrum - unlock Nuclear Nooby - £0.10
  • Quantum Conundrum - unlock Testing the Fences - £0.25
  • Quantum Conundrum - unlock Big Meanie - £0.50
That's like more than I paid for game (was $1.19 at Amazon during Winter Sale).

Wonder if they actually give play first time credit, since they count almost everygame as played anyway if it's in your library.

• Just Cause 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
You kidding? Is there anybody who hasn't played this. (Considering above possibility).

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/03/playfire-rewards-square-enix-special.html

bread's done
Back