Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Got the 25% off Dark Souls II voucher in an email, but now Cash/Credit back is gone again. Damn you GMG.
You just can't win, at least with the 25% off the discount is immediate, I'm all for credit but it's never the same as a straight discount and if it comes as a straight discount (with cashback it takes time and is usually less). Vouchers all the way for this guy here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads-up - https://www.gameagent.com/ has BioShock: Infinite for $7.49 and the Season Pass for $5 today only. (it's a Mac store, but both items are Steam Play - PC/Mac).
Signed up for the site and picked up the Season Pass. A massive amount of thanks to you for the tip, sir! :D

Now I'm refreshing my e-mail waiting for the Order summary e-mail. How long does GameAgent typically take to complete orders and get you the steam code?

Signed up for the site and picked up the Season Pass. A massive amount of thanks to you for the tip, sir! :D
Now I'm refreshing my e-mail waiting for the Order summary e-mail. How long does GameAgent typically take to complete orders and get you the steam code?
My last order from the took almost an hour.

GreenManGaming is having a 2k sale, up to 83% off.

Games include:

• Civilization V Complete - $24.99
  • BioShock Infinite - $10.19
  • NBA2K14 - $9,89
  • The Darkness II - $5.09
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $7.49
  • Borderlands 2 - $4.99
  • Ace Patrol - $1.24
  • BioShock (NA) - $4.99
  • BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den - $2.49 $9.99
  • BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - $2.49
  • BioShock Infinite: Columbia's Finest - $2.49
  • BioShock® 2 - $4.99
  • Borderlands 2 Season Pass (NA) - $20.09
  • Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett & her Pirate's Booty - $2.49
  • Borderlands 2: Collectors Edition Pack - $0.99
  • Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughter Dome - $0.99
  • Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition (NA) - $26.79
  • Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack - $2.49
  • Borderlands 2: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - $2.49
  • Borderlands 2: Psycho Pack DLC - $2.49
  • Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt - $2.49
  • Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep - $2.49
  • Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 - $2.49
  • Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack - $2.49
  • Ace Patrol Bundle - $2.51
  • Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack 1&2 - $3.49
  • Borderlands Game of the Year Edition - $7.48
  • Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies - $1.24
  • Spec Ops: The Line Spec Ops - $7.49
  • The Stronghold Collection - $4.99
  • Mafia II - $7.49
  • Civilization V: Scrambled Continents - $2.49
  • Mafia II Complete Pack - $13.24
  • Mafia II DLC Pack - $9.90
  • Mafia II DLC: Jimmy's Vendetta - $2.49
  • Mafia II DLC: Joe's Adventure - $2.49
  • Sid Meier's Pirates! - $2.49
  • Sid Meier's Civilization® V - $7.49
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World (NA) - $7.49
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings - $7.49
  • Sid Meier's Civilization® IV Complete - $5.09
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Scrambled Nations - $2.49

All activate on Steam unless otherwise noted.

(NOTE: If you signed up with GameAgent, they are having time-limited (24 hours?) Borderlands, Civ 5, and Bioshock sales, so be sure to check if they are cheaper over there.)

Use voucher 8KM88H-PPN6L5-SJ9GRU for an additional 20% off if you spend $10 or more.
Dammit - where's the XCOM EU + EW sale? :(

Got the 25% off Dark Souls II voucher in an email, but now Cash/Credit back is gone again. Damn you GMG.
Yeah, I got the voucher too but I didn't expect it would stack with the cash back anyway. It says it's good until the 11th so I'm gonna try to hoard up as much playfire rewards I can and use it at the last minute.

You just can't win, at least with the 25% off the discount is immediate, I'm all for credit but it's never the same as a straight discount and if it comes as a straight discount (with cashback it takes time and is usually less). Vouchers all the way for this guy here!
True.

Yeah, I got the voucher too but I didn't expect it would stack with the cash back anyway. It says it's good until the 11th so I'm gonna try to hoard up as much playfire rewards I can and use it at the last minute.
I'll wait to see if the cash back option comes back before I use the voucher. A friend was able to use the first email voucher sent out and cash back.

I used the code the minute it hit my inbox, it let me pick the $12 credit plus apply the promo code. Nice to know it was a glitch and I finally got in on one in time.

In the meantime they still haven't backfilled ANYTHING of mine, are ignoring my ticket, and now they're working on Goat backfilling? Really?

fuck you Playfire. fuck you in the ass with a spiked baseball bat.
I've given up on this playfire shit, not like I buy anything from them anyway, and idiot, you really should stop holding back. :D

Just grabbed Xcom: Bearue Declassified and Darkness II. They're both on sale at the 20% off voucher works against both, so it was $10.08 total. ~$6 for X:BD and $4 for Darkness II, in case anybody is interested in either title.

I have a ticket with Playfire that's been opened since March 16th.

And every time they reply to it, I want to strangle someone because they keep linking me to their "What should I do if I haven't got my Playfire Rewards?"

Not worth $4? That sucks. Well, it's really $2.50 since it let me get $1.50 off the price of X:BD as well. Damn $10 minimum.
Game is maybe five hours long. As an FPS it's mediocre to poor. Limited weapons, gimmicky powers, awful FoV (think that can be tweaked), and maybe 40% or more of the game is exposition/cutscenes. It's pretty to look at, though.

I have a ticket with Playfire that's been opened since March 16th.

And every time they reply to it, I want to strangle someone because they keep linking me to their "What should I do if I haven't got my Playfire Rewards?"
their strategy seems to have worked for this guy

Do_Nothing.jpg

New Rewards

Available until Friday 11 April, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Batman: Arkham City - play for the first time - £0.10
Batman: Arkham City - unlock Pick Pocket - £0.10
Batman: Arkham City - unlock Dial Z For Murder - £0.10
Batman: Arkham City - unlock IQ Test - £0.10
Batman: Arkham City - unlock Conundrum - £0.25
Batman: Arkham City - unlock Bargaining Chip - £0.25
Batman: Arkham City - unlock Stop the Clock - £0.25
Batman: Arkham City - unlock AR Knight - £0.50
Batman: Arkham City - unlock Serial Killer - £0.50
Batman: Arkham City - unlock Contract Terminated - £0.50
Batman: Arkham City - unlock How's It Hanging? - £0.50
Sleeping Dogs - play for the first time - £0.10
Sleeping Dogs - unlock Slight Silver - £0.10
Sleeping Dogs - unlock Stuntman - £0.10
Sleeping Dogs - unlock Super Cop - £0.25
Sleeping Dogs - unlock Kleptomaniac - £0.25
Sleeping Dogs - unlock Infowlable - £0.50
I have both these games and haven't played either.

I guess I'll play Batman AC first since it has the most rewards.

Sleeping Dogs one of few games I have 100%'d.

Haven't completed Arkham Asylym so not sure about AC either :p

Definately first world problems...

Game is maybe five hours long. As an FPS it's mediocre to poor. Limited weapons, gimmicky powers, awful FoV (think that can be tweaked), and maybe 40% or more of the game is exposition/cutscenes. It's pretty to look at, though.
I disagree with everything except the length and the prettiness. As a strongly story driven FPS, I enjoyed the Hell out it and I usually skip cut-scenes. Sure it's a short game, but I thought the story was top notch. The haunting loss of a loved one and guilt driven rage/confusion are universal themes that resonate outside of this particular game/fantasy experience. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but if you like a good cinematic FPS experience, i don't know of many games that are better, except maybe the Metros.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Obviously if one person didn't like the game nobody else is allowed to like it either.

"Stop liking things I don't like!"

Does anyone know the status of the STALKER franchise? I remember hearing a rumor, over a year ago, that Bethesda had bought it, but that turned out to be false.

Not worth $4? That sucks. Well, it's really $2.50 since it let me get $1.50 off the price of X:BD as well. Damn $10 minimum.
The game is really good IMHO. Great graphics, brutal gameplay and awesome artwork. I couldn't stop playing it until finished since the story is great too. Is short, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Jenny!  JENNY!!!!! Or w/e her name was.  I think it was Jenny.  If you're the type who likes a game like Spec Ops then you'll like Darkness 2.  If you want more S in your FPS with weapon variety, level design, etc. you're better off looking elsewhere.

Or you can play Dear Esther where there's no silly gameplay to get in the way of the story.

their strategy seems to have worked for this guy

Do_Nothing.jpg
That picture is woefully outdated. Sure he did nothing before getting it, but after he got it he sure did plenty (see: drone strikes). They really should take it back, even if he only got it in the first place for "not being Bush".

Edit: Sorry, sorry. Regardless of political ideology, you have to admit he didn't deserve it. I remember being at college when they announced it, and people literally booed at the news. Even back then everybody knew it was ridiculous (he was in office, what? Less than a year?) , nevermind the fact that he's done a lot of "not peaceful" stuff since then.

I blame Sunasun. I think we'll be okay though. No comments are flavoured with partisan bias, it's just the idea of any president getting a Peace Prize after less than a year in office is ridiculous considering he hadn't done anything yet or during his time as a Senator, nevermind one that has a hard-on for drone strikes (not to imply any of his former competitors would be any better about it). I'm sure the Nobel committee has some egg on their face now.

Enough off-topic discussion, can we just get back to talking about shitty games in shitty sales/bundles?

F73822.png

Lets_Talk_Videogames_logo.png

...and how bad/awful/decent the deals, sales and bundles have been lately.

Also, fuck  the nonexistent GMG credits! I think some of us are just doomed to never buy anything from GMG again.

F73822.png

Lets_Talk_Videogames_logo.png

...and how bad/awful/decent the deals, sales and bundles have been lately.

Also, fuck the nonexistent GMG credits! I think some of us are just doomed to never buy anything from GMG again.
Not even candy? Jeez, I wouldn't want to be that guy's neighbor.

GMG/Playfire is still fucking you over too? They're still playing dumb when I talk to them, and now they're just plain ignoring me. What's the deal, honestly? It's like if you can't solve your own issue, they ignore you hoping you'll go away. fucking worst support I have ever experienced.

Granted I haven't dealt with Steam support, but even then I've heard some good experiences with Steam. They're painfully slow, but at least they solve the problem... sometimes.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/23-vs-mode-politics-controversy/

That's actually a really good place for that sort of talk. People go on and on for pages on both sides.

I blame Sunasun. I think we'll be okay though. No comments are flavoured with partisan bias, it's just the idea of any president getting a Peace Prize after less than a year in office is ridiculous considering he hadn't done anything yet or during his time as a Senator, nevermind one that has a hard-on for drone strikes (not to imply any of his former competitors would be any better about it). I'm sure the Nobel committee has some egg on their face now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/23-vs-mode-politics-controversy/

That's actually a really good place for that sort of talk. People go on and on for pages on both sides.
Wow, did not know that place existed on here. I already have a place for such talk, but thank you. Some of the topic titles are pretty funny.

I didn't mean to steer this too much into a political discussion. That Peace Prize thing just really grinded my gears back then and it grinds 'em now, just blowing off a little steam about it.

There isn't no good place for that kind of talk... But it sure beats this thread.

Anyhow, is there anyone who wants something from GMG but lacks the 10 dollar minimum? I'm thinking of getting something but can't hit the 10 dollar mark myself.
Yeah, I'll hush up as long as no one posts something similarly infuriating.

You offering to buy me a game? Lol
I think he's saying he'll split the purchase with you, but you gotta pay your share. There's a good chance you're probably joking, but just in case you're not. :bouncy:

If the Skydrift DLCs were on sale at GMG, I'd take you up on your offer, Inmate. Really surprised Kalypso stopped at just BundleStars and Gamersgate this weekend.

Ive never purchased from GMG before, but there games arent region locked or anything right?

Like im considering buying Elder Scrolls Online, and wanna make sure i wont get stuck on a european server or something 

Ive never purchased from GMG before, but there games arent region locked or anything right?

Like im considering buying Elder Scrolls Online, and wanna make sure i wont get stuck on a european server or something
I think you should reconsider, but as long as you can access the storefront, the game key you get will be for your region.

bread's done
Back