Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Interesting how the Killing Floor devs resist 75% off for so long (even on Steam) and the first place they cave is a place where there's a ton of users that have buttloads of credit and a place that has an unlimited no price-limit 20% off voucher. I don't get the logic.
I'm not entirely sure it is up to them.

GMG has maintained a lower MSRP for the DLC even after they raised the prices and GMG is the only place to hit 75% off on the DLC in the last year or two. I wonder if GMG is just setting the price themselves since they have keys in hand or something.

There isn't stock on digital keys like physical, but keys are only paid after they've been sold.

Thus publisher has final say on pricing (but GMG could always refuse to sell at certain price points).

This is why there isn't any genuine competition on prices and sales are recycled from site-to-site.

There isn't stock on digital keys like physical, but keys are only paid after they've been sold.
That's not how Amazon works.

Even Steam has run out of keys (e.g. GFWL keys) from time to time, and had to wait a while to get more.

Edit: Forgot to mention, GMG has run out of keys many times on their better sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
What he failed to account for is that I'm an impatient moran and bought 2 out of 3 from GMG before the Steam sale!

Now I can get Spear of Destiny from Steam and pay more moniez than if I woulda just waited and bought the wolf pack. GabeN always gets his pound of flesh in the end.
The grey market is selling the pack for ~$3 if it makes you feel any better.

Does it make you feel any better?

I'm guessing not so much.

Even Steam has run out of keys (e.g. GFWL keys) from time to time, and had to wait a while to get more.
To add to this - If you guys recall the recent Sniper Elite v3 hullabaloo, Rebellion said that they give keys to their distributors, who then hand these keys to properly licensed online stores like GMG.

Stores themselves can't usually generate keys, they only receive a set amount and when they run out, they have to wait until the distributor gives them more.

The grey market is selling the pack for ~$3 if it makes you feel any better.

Does it make you feel any better?

I'm guessing not so much.
4nRgkpz.jpg

That's not what I meant. Sites do have keys, but don't technically "own" them. Sites just report sales and pay accordingly (and then get more keys to replace those that were given to users).

Smaller sites doesn't necessarily have their own stock, but can get keys from distributors after payment. (user doesn't see this ofcourse, eg. Nuuvem gets their keys from Exertis Ztorm)

So the pack with State of Decay and the Breakdown DLC is cheaper than just State of Decay... :wall:

The Left 4 Dead Bundle with 1 & 2 is also cheaper than each game individually ($7.49 vs. $9.99 PER game).

I just picked up a couple of the Killing Floor Community Weapon Packs for 75%+20% coupon since GMG seems to be the only place that ever gets to sell them for less than 50% off. The remaining few pieces of DLC I'm missing can go die in a fire.

Just noticed that TOTD:O is 75% off ($4.99). Guess I'll finally pick up the Filthy Love or Complete Collection ... :wall:
I was sort of bummed about this. I've been holding out on buying anything less than 75% off the bundle because we all know how they like to sell those bundles for cheap once everyone just needs the DLC. So now the tactic is -- don't even sell the bundles cheap. Argh. :no:

GMG is trying out bundles again, and though the IFD bundles were really bad, this one is a slightly better effort:

Digital Tribe Indie Bundle - $4.99

• Dementium 2 HD
  • Legendary
  • Kung Fu Strike
  • Kung Fu Strike Master Level DLC
  • Velvet Assassin
  • The Terrian Saga KR-17
  • plus 75% off voucher for Stronghold 3
All games activate on Steam.

Only -60% at Europe :p

It isn't a bad game by all means, but still very disappointing.

I'd say it's gonna be $7.5 ish soonish. Maybe even unlock at the bundle.

M:SS is okay for what it is; a fancy 3D point and click adventure game. I got it for free after rewards so I can't complain much; although the story does get a little trite and cliche at some parts, overall it's a decent enough experience. That said, I wouldn't pay $15 bucks for it, since its only about 6-10 hours depending on whether you go for all the collectibles or not, and there's little to no replayability.

Some of those AMD silver vouchers for two games were going for about that or cheaper but admittedly that's a YMMV thing. I got mine for $12 shortly before Murdered came out but I haven't seen any priced that good since then though I haven't followed ebay super closely either.

Possibly the inclusion of Sniper Elite 3 is driving the price up for those AMD vouchers now.

I'd be tempted but it keeps telling me "Unable to add voucher." so I guess I'll pass for now
I also get unable to add voucher too when I tested it. I already have Murdered from the AMD promo though. I really enjoyed it, but part of the fun was earning I think 8 or 9 bucks of playfire rewards.

This game will get cheaper but if you're interested in it, definitely pick it up later, its a fun adventure/mystery game.

Thief is also at it's lowest price (66% off), $10.19 for the game and $11.21 for the master edition.
If people dug Deadly Shadows + wanted a more modernized Thief: Deadly Shadows, I think it's worth that.

Just...the story + characters were weak + nothing special.

I had a blast w/ the actual gameplay of doing actual missions - both side + main.

If I didn't already own Thief 2014 (Regular Ed) already, I'd go Master Ed on this one - just for the extras (digital soundtrack, PDF art-book, PDF-comic), for the extra few cents.

Though, this is a Squeenix game - so, a part of me wonder if it'll hit 75% off soon. This game's bricked-down in practically no time.

If people dug Deadly Shadows + wanted a more modernized Thief: Deadly Shadows, I think it's worth that.

Just...the story + characters were weak + nothing special.

I had a blast w/ the actual gameplay of doing actual missions - both side + main.

If I didn't already own Thief 2014 already, I'd go Master Ed on this one - just for the extras (digital soundtrack, PDF art-book, PDF-comic), for the extra few cents.

Though, this is a Squeenix game - so, a part of me wonder if it'll hit 75% off soon. This game's bricked-down in practically no time.
How was the performance for you? (I recall reading it was somewhat unoptimized.)

How was the performance for you? (I recall reading it was somewhat unoptimized.)
That's true.

Performance was wild w/out using anything to help it out in Thief 2014.

While it always stayed over 30 frames and could hit 60 frames - it was all over the place b/t the two at any second, at the drop of a hat. This is w/ most stuff on Normal here.

I had to use EVGA Precision X to lock it down to its lowest framerate that I was receiving regularly (40 FPS). I'd recommend using that program, Riva Tuner, or any other program that can limit the maximum framerate, if you have crazy framerate rises + dips like I had.

Doing that solved all my problems w/ performance issues.

My PC - i7 950; 1 GB of GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB of RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

Well I got a special code JUST FOR ME today that gives me an amazing additional 10% off the already 50% off Warhammer 40k: Kill Team

It's on my wishlist. Though the user reviews aren't so great, the video gameplay looks interesting. 60% off -- not too bad, right? For a pretty new game that I'd play right away?

- Add to cart

- Add coupon

- Add credit 

Oh GMG. 

I thought there was a 25% off coupon recently but I lost the email. I wanted to peorder boarderlands. Is there still an active 25% off?

SPECOP-STHELI-NE850F

Definately not a generic code.

85% is the biggest discount to have been offered on this game, so why not join Captain Walker and his Delta Force team as they try and survive in a devastated Dubai.

Didn't Gamefly have this for sub-dollar?

bread's done
Back