Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='rybrad']To all the Batman questions, it is for sure a GFWL title, so bad...[/QUOTE]

Either Steamworks or GFWL is fine with me. I just want some achievements! :D

Anyway, I wonder how long Arkham City is going to stay at this price. I want to get it from GMG but I really don't want to commit money now to a game that won't be out for 2 months.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Is there any problem with Tropico 4 or Dead Island? Are people just looking for refunds because they don't want the game anymore?[/QUOTE]

I believe some purchased Tropico 4 going off rumors that it would be a Steamworks or Steam activatable title. This turned out to be not true (on the GMG website it states that it will use the client capsule).

As for Dead Island, I didn't notice anyone complaining.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I believe some purchased Tropico 4 going off rumors that it would be a Steamworks or Steam activatable title. This turned out to be not true (on the GMG website it states that it will use the client capsule).

As for Dead Island, I didn't notice anyone complaining.[/QUOTE]
This, for the most part. GMG actually had it listed as requiring Steam for awhile.

The Dead Island thing is from purchasing it at the same time as Tropico and requesting a refund. In other words, this is not indicative of changes in desire or quality, simply a victim of circumstance.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Is there any problem with Tropico 4 or Dead Island? Are people just looking for refunds because they don't want the game anymore?[/QUOTE]

Tropico 4 was the Steam thing being dropped and Dead Island was just because I suddenly find myself unemployed

Deus Ex and my backlog can keep me occupied until I can afford to spend money getting games that mildly intrigue me like Dead Island again (probably Steam Christmas sale with Christmas money)

Do the non-Steamworks games sold on GMG require their client to be able to play them, or is just for download? That Batman AC deal is fantastic, but I'm a bit hesitant at needing another client running just to play games.

[quote name='V878']Do the non-Steamworks games sold on GMG require their client to be able to play them, or is just for download? That Batman AC deal is fantastic, but I'm a bit hesitant at needing another client running just to play games.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like no, sort of. You would need to open capsule every 3 days I guess. http://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/entries/159809-do-i-need-an-internet-connection-to-play-my-games

I will ask for more clarification on Arkham City specifically since it is a GFWL title.

[quote name='wilflare']hmm tried checking on the DLC
"There is no downloadable content available for this game."[/QUOTE]

Used your link. Thanks :D

FYI on Arkham City and Capsule for those asking earlier.
[quote name='GMG']It needs to Capsule to download, but not to play! /rob[/quote]

Edit: Also added a new 20% off code to the OP.

Edit 2: Hmm also this tidbit:
[quote name='GMG']We've just received notice from Warner's that Batman is Games for Windows but NOT a Games for Windows 'Live' title![/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not GFWL? It's on the cover art. If that's true, that blows... I wanted to get achievements. Never had any problems with GFWL.

[quote name='Rutilcaper']Getting a 403 when I try to enter the code with dead island in my basket. This a problem for anyone else?[/QUOTE]
Yep they are looking into it right now. They recommended to try clearing your cache and try again.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Damn, I can get Driver San Francisco for $33. Anyone know if this game will activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]
Negative. Instead you get the joys of always-online DRM!

[quote name='Rutilcaper']Getting a 403 when I try to enter the code with dead island in my basket. This a problem for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

a sign that the game maybe blocked in your region...

rybrad, would you happen to know anything about Bethesda games (or just Skyrim in particular) coming to GMG? I'd love to buy it from them.

[quote name='crystalklear64']good stuff.

got augmented deus ex for 40.[/QUOTE]

is the artbook just a PDF? that kinda sucks if it is.

[quote name='wilflare']a sign that the game maybe blocked in your region...[/QUOTE]In the united states?

403 is also for the code, not for the game itself.

@kjs
No word on Bethesda stuff yet, I asked before but they are pretty tight-lipped on that one it seems. I will bug them again next week.

@Rutilcaper
They say the voucher issues is fixed now so give it another go.

[quote name='rybrad']FYI on Arkham City and Capsule for those asking earlier.

Edit: Also added a new 20% off code to the OP.

Edit 2: Hmm also this tidbit:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying on whether you need Capsule to play Batman AC. I think the only downside is the seems to unlock on the 10/21, while the US version will be out on 10/18, but I think I can wait 3 days to save some cash.

[quote name='takotchi']Not GFWL? It's on the cover art. If that's true, that blows... I wanted to get achievements. Never had any problems with GFWL.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If it's not Steamworks I might get the console version if I can find a decent deal from Kmart or somebody.

[quote name='V878']Thanks for clarifying on whether you need Capsule to play Batman AC. I think the only downside is the seems to unlock on the 10/21, while the US version will be out on 10/18, but I think I can wait 3 days to save some cash.[/QUOTE]
It SHOULD still unlock at US times, all of the rest of their games have. I will try to clarify with them early next week.

[quote name='rybrad']Negative. Instead you get the joys of always-online DRM![/QUOTE]

Driver SF got its PC DRM got dialed back to what the Ubi-DRM is for PC versions of SC: Conviction, AC2, ACBH - must be online and signed-into your Ubi account AT LEAST upon game's initial boot-up.
Once booted, if you go offline, game will still run.

It's better than "Always on DRM"....by a small tiny bit.

Well, that's as long as they don't confuse people and mention the wrong DRM measures, like they originally did w/ From Dust PC. :p

[quote name='Ps3akuma']JUst to be 100% sure if i buy dead island can i activate it on steam?[/QUOTE]

we can't exactly be sure until the code is released (as things can be subjected to last minute changes)
but based on GMG site, it is a YES that it can be activated on Steam)

[quote name='wilflare']we can't exactly be sure until the code is released (as things can be subjected to last minute changes)
but based on GMG site, it is a YES that it can be activated on Steam)[/QUOTE]Good enough for me this deal is too good to pass up.

Is anyone else getting this message:

For security reasons we are unable to process this order through PayPal. Please contact customer support (tel: +44 (0)330 500 1515; email: http://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/requests/new) for assistance or choose an alternative method of payment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding.

I want to pay by PayPal, but I'm getting that message instead.

[quote name='ceve2001']Is anyone else getting this message:

For security reasons we are unable to process this order through PayPal. Please contact customer support (tel: +44 (0)330 500 1515; email: http://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/requests/new) for assistance or choose an alternative method of payment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding.

I want to pay by PayPal, but I'm getting that message instead.[/QUOTE]

have you bought anything previously?
EDIT: the reason why i ask is that if you bought something previously, this problem shouldn't occur. (had the impression you already purchased something from there)
check your PM :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ceve2001']Is anyone else getting this message:

I want to pay by PayPal, but I'm getting that message instead.[/QUOTE]
Is your Paypal email address the same as the email address you registered your GMG account with? If not, that can cause some issues. If all else fails contact their support, they are extremely helpful.

I wish I knew if Dead Island was going to be polished or not. Don't want to get burned on a title I could probably pick up for less in a Steam Sale.

[quote name='rybrad']@kjs
No word on Bethesda stuff yet, I asked before but they are pretty tight-lipped on that one it seems. I will bug them again next week.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm sure a ton of us would love to get Skyrim and Rage at these lower prices.

[quote name='Flunkie']I wish I knew if Dead Island was going to be polished or not. Don't want to get burned on a title I could probably pick up for less in a Steam Sale.[/QUOTE]

i preordered anyway. just hope more previews come out so that a refund can still be a possibility.

but yes.. hoping for news on skyrim, rage and spacemarine

Per GMG's Facebook page:

The following titles are NOT part of GMG's contract. We are working on getting contracts to sell games from these Publishers but right now cannot guarantee that these games will be available to pre-order. Our best advice is to wait for as long as you can to see if we recieve them, but no information can be given out by me or anyone else at GMG until contracts have been confirmed and signed:

FIFA 12 [EA]
LA Noire [Rockstar]
Battlefield 3 [EA]
Call of Duty: MW3 [Activision]
NFS: The Run [EA]
Mass Effect 3 [EA]
Skyrim [Behtesda]
RAGE [Bethesda]
Serious Sam 3 [Devolver Digital]

Just grabbed Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition and got it registered on Steam with no issues. Yay! Used someone else's referral link too to spread the love.

[quote name='wilflare']I got Dead Island too, now hope it does not disappoint
no hype surrounding it at all[/QUOTE]
One of the reasons I bought Dead Island was Square Enix is selling the game in the US (the publisher actually went to Square and asked them to sell it in the US because the publisher was too small to get it into stores). It must be somewhat decent is Square Enix decided to sell and market the game in the US. Not to mention this game looks fun as hell.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']One of the reasons I bought Dead Island was Square Enix is selling the game in the US (the publisher actually went to Square and asked them to sell it in the US because the publisher was too small to get it into stores). It must be somewhat decent is Square Enix decided to sell and market the game in the US. Not to mention this game looks fun as hell.[/QUOTE]

hmm. BOUGHT :D

[quote name='egonpax']Dead Island is tempting but I'm unsure without reviews.

And any word on Saints Row 3? Especially if it can be Steam activated?[/QUOTE]
They confirmed to me awhile ago that they will have Saints Row 3. It is a Steamworks game so it will be registrable on Steam.

[quote name='rybrad']They confirmed to me awhile ago that they will have Saints Row 3. It is a Steamworks game so it will be registrable on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for the info! Looking forward to picking up SR3.

[quote name='wilflare']hoping we will get the Dead Island codes in time for preload![/QUOTE]
Odds are good that they will be in time for a pre-load. They say day of release to cover themselves but the 3 Steamworks games I have pre-ordered have all been early enough to pre-load.

bread's done
Back