Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

$12.49 is good enough for me. It's close enough to my $10 pricepoint for console games (which I want to stick to) which Space Marine is.

Thanks GMG. Your sales are incredible.

Also I now can laugh at my real life friends who paid $23 at the Steam Sale for Space Marine. It only took 3 days after the Steam sale to get Space Marine for 75% off :D

Seems with all the digital download competition, most big budgeted games will hit around 66-75% off within 4 months or so. Give it another month before SR3 hit's the $12.50 mark. The only exception to this may be Skyrim.

Holy freaking crap! Been wanting this one since release, yet $25 didn't seem cheap enough for me during the Steam Christmas sales. This is a damn fine price point! Much thanks op, impulse bought without hesitation! :D

[quote name='JawnMan']FEAR 3 is easily worth the $7. It's especially good on co-op and I found it to be better than the second one.

Kane and Lynch 2 I bought when Amazon had it for $2.50, so I could co-op with my friend, but I can't say I've been enjoying it. Especially when our first co-op session was glitched[/QUOTE]
Agreed, KL2 co-op is super glitchy and the game is better by yourself but still more fun in co-op (not sure if that makes sense - simply put, even a bad game can be fun in co-op). Glad FEAR 3 nailed it though - always looking for good co-op games for the wife and I.

Grabbed 2 copies but needed two GMG accounts and wouldn't let me use the same paypal for both purchases... A bit annoying but something to note if you plan on buying multiple copies.

[quote name='Ozonekill']I never played it co op but I thought Fear 3 was so boring.[/QUOTE]

I've only played 3 and 1/2 levels but it hasn't been terrible exciting thus far. I'm glad I waited for a sub-$10 price.

Decided to pick up Space Marine. What's another $12.50? :D

[quote name='gamez79']does ordering cause credit cards to go on hold still or did they work that out with the banks[/QUOTE]

Anytime I purchase from GMG I have to call my bank first and have them give me a 24 hour authorization on my card to do international purchases. If I don't do this, GMG doesn't even accept my card, it just gets denied at check out. It's an easy process though, takes likes 5 minutes for me on the phone.

never expected that space marine would be so freaking fun, yeah it gets a little repetitive but man the combat is awesome! killing orks or orcs ( however you wanna call them ) is very satisfying :)

[quote name='fishphoenix']Picked up Space Marine for $7.49 after using the $5 credit I've had sitting on the website since Dead Island.[/QUOTE]

Lucky! I had $2 in credit from some crap games they were giving away some months ago. Wish I could have gotten your price but I think $10.49 is alright too. Especially since I wouldnt mind checking out the multiplayer.

Thank you for the heads up on Space Marine, OP.

I usually have a $10 limit on games due to my backlog, but for only $2.50 more with no tax- instant purchase.

[quote name='CapnO']Thank you for the heads up on Space Marine, OP.

I usually have a $10 limit on games due to my backlog, but for only $2.50 more with no tax- instant purchase.[/QUOTE]

For Space Marine you'd be crazy not to tbh :p The singleplayer campaign is great fun - poundin' gretchins!

I've just thrown up a neat little blog post with deals upcoming in about 2 hours time ;) Some pretty fancy ones too!

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/ - there's the link :)

EDIT: Also many thanks to rybrad for keeping the thread title updated :) Might I suggest Dawn of War 2: Retribution for the next title headliner? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 24 hour deals aren't valid until 1200 GMT as stated in the blog and (more or less!) above post ;) 53 minutes to go.

i just got space marine and the empire/napoleon total war pack from your site and noticed that in your blog the total war pack has co.uk next to it this isnt going to cause any problems with my steam account is it?

[quote name='gamez79']i just got space marine and the empire/napoleon total war pack from your site and noticed that in your blog the total war pack has co.uk next to it this isnt going to cause any problems with my steam account is it?[/QUOTE]

If you normally use the .co.uk there should be no problem at all :)

im not sure if i did. I had to use support to change my currency to usd awhile back. It may have something to do with that.
the total war pack did not show on the main page i had to search for it and I didnt notice anything wrong when i activated the games on my account so i assume everything should be fine

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']never expected that space marine would be so freaking fun, yeah it gets a little repetitive but man the combat is awesome! killing orks or orcs ( however you wanna call them ) is very satisfying :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't care much for the demo but after hearing so many good things, I decided to give it a shot for $12.50. Glad I did because I am liking the full game a lot more for some reason. Playing on Hard and the Part 1 boss was rather difficult! Tried a few online games and was able to full a nearly full game almost immediately. It was fun if a little slow for my tastes.

Nooooo, I missed the deal on Space Marine! I've been waiting and waiting for a deal, but just saw this posted today and when I checked, the price was already back to normal.

Not that I need another game right now since I already splurged on Steam and GMG holiday sales... but if someone knows how I can get Space Marine for the $12 price, let me know!

[quote name='Killbomb']I didn't care much for the demo but after hearing so many good things, I decided to give it a shot for $12.50. Glad I did because I am liking the full game a lot more for some reason. Playing on Hard and the Part 1 boss was rather difficult! Tried a few online games and was able to full a nearly full game almost immediately. It was fun if a little slow for my tastes.[/QUOTE]

It's good. Protip that I didnt realise until quite late in the game! You can stun the bigger fellas by doing a full melee attack chain and ending with the stunner.

It took me an embarassingly long time to discover...

I picked up both of the Warhammer Games as well as Fear, but GMG was out of Fear keys? Is the 2-3 day eta for more keys usually accurate? Great prices just hope it doesn't take to long for the keys to arrive.

[quote name='JamesGMG']It's good. Protip that I didnt realise until quite late in the game! You can stun the bigger fellas by doing a full melee attack chain and ending with the stunner.

It took me an embarassingly long time to discover...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did catch the tutorial message saying to do that against the Ork Nobs, I believe they're called. My problem is I keep forgetting it's not Ninja Gaiden 2 and you are vulnerable during executions. :D

Debating on Retribution. Not really an RTS fan but some of the RPG elements look interesting.

[quote name='Killbomb']Yeah, I did catch the tutorial message saying to do that against the Ork Nobs, I believe they're called. My problem is I keep forgetting it's not Ninja Gaiden 2 and you are vulnerable during executions. :D

Debating on Retribution. Not really an RTS fan but some of the RPG elements look interesting.[/QUOTE]

I don't really like RTS games either and I don't have Retribution but I did enjoy Dawn of War II which is basically the same thing. Have units that level up and no resource management is a big plus in my book.

I couldn't get in to DoW II, played about 2-3 hours of campaign and all the missions were dead simple get to point B from point A, with the occasional boss fight to mix it up. Is Retribution a big improvement? Or more of the same?

[quote name='admurray2']I don't really like RTS games either and I don't have Retribution but I did enjoy Dawn of War II which is basically the same thing. Have units that level up and no resource management is a big plus in my book.[/QUOTE]

You should get retribution, it's got a little more strategy than the previous two, but the units still level up and have abilities ala WoW. It's a ton of fun to play coop

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I couldn't get in to DoW II, played about 2-3 hours of campaign and all the missions were dead simple get to point B from point A, with the occasional boss fight to mix it up. Is Retribution a big improvement? Or more of the same?[/QUOTE]

If you didn't like DOW II or Chaos rising I'd say pass. Thats kinda just how the game plays. They've improved on it in Retribution but it ultimately is start in spot A and follow objectives as they're assigned, sometimes resulting in a boss fight.

As much as I've been told to not get Homefront, I can't resist. The premise sounds alright, and at $5 after credit, it can't be THAT bad.

EDIT: GMG is denying my card, I hate these ridiculous gift card things.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']As much as I've been told to not get Homefront, I can't resist. The premise sounds alright, and at $5 after credit, it can't be THAT bad.

EDIT: GMG is denying my card, I hate these ridiculous gift card things.[/QUOTE]

It's not just gift cards. I tried my totally legit debit Visa and it was declined. Used a Mastercard credit card (from the same bank, no less!) and it went through.

[quote name='dark-star']It's not just gift cards. I tried my totally legit debit Visa and it was declined. Used a Mastercard credit card (from the same bank, no less!) and it went through.[/QUOTE]

If you're in America, some financial institutions have "flagged" the UK as a fraud country. I don't really understand why, but I can't buy stuff from Greenmangaming.com without calling my bank and asking for a "window" to have international transactions (ditto with Gog.com -> Poland), but I can buy stuff from Gamersgate.com (Sweden) with no problems!

[quote name='warreni']If you're in America, some financial institutions have "flagged" the UK as a fraud country. I don't really understand why, but I can't buy stuff from Greenmangaming.com without calling my bank and asking for a "window" to have international transactions (ditto with Gog.com -> Poland), but I can buy stuff from Gamersgate.com (Sweden) with no problems![/QUOTE]

The first time I used my debit card with GMG, my bank put a hold on my card. I called the bank and told them to always allow GMG since I would likely be buying from them again. Haven't had a problem since.

Damn, that deal on deus ex looks good. Ill pass though, as I haven't played the first. If they threw in the first , then sure. Just being a super cheap ass cause I bought enough in the holiday sale.

DX:HR is my game of the year. It does not really tie in to the first at all except for a few shout out references for the fans. You coulda had it for $10 at the right time over Christmas but even at $12.50 the game is fantastic.

Personally, I think it's better than DX1.

Just curious, but have you blocked access to the store from some countries? I'm in Taiwan at the moment, and I have been able to keep up all the other normal sites, and I could access greenmangaming before, but I've been trying for the last few weeks and Chrome just says "Service Unavailable", while IE shows a HTTP 500 Internal Service Error and suggests that the website is under maintenance or has a programming error.

I can see the blog page, but not the store page or any store items or even the support page (or I'd have asked there, obviously!) - everything except the blog comes up with the above error. No other site has this problem (and I visit a heck of a lot of sites! ;)), so I'm thinking you've blocked this country?

[quote name='PenguinJim']Just curious, but have you blocked access to the store from some countries? I'm in Taiwan at the moment, and I have been able to keep up all the other normal sites, and I could access greenmangaming before, but I've been trying for the last few weeks and Chrome just says "Service Unavailable", while IE shows a HTTP 500 Internal Service Error and suggests that the website is under maintenance or has a programming error.

I can see the blog page, but not the store page or any store items or even the support page (or I'd have asked there, obviously!) - everything except the blog comes up with the above error. No other site has this problem (and I visit a heck of a lot of sites! ;)), so I'm thinking you've blocked this country?[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge - I don't believe we've ever blocked any country. The only thing I can think is that it's due to the traffic we're receiving when the deals switch over (the site can suffer from a slowdown when 1200 GMT hits).

Nevertheless I'll ask about it on Monday.

Cheers! I've tried about 100+ times total across about ten different days during the past month, initially thinking the same about the GMGsale+CAG=sitedown, but I've ruled that one out now. It might be my ISP randomly blocking just the GMG store and nothing else (that I know of), but I imagined a regional block on your end to be a bit more likely. ;)

Someone mentioned on CAG that they bought a game from GMG that activated on Steam. When they play it, it shows "XXX is playing Green Man Gaming - Game Title." Is that true for all titles, specific titles, or not at all? Not necessarily a deal breaker, unless you have OCD (um, like I do >_>). Thanks.

bread's done
Back