Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Teeheehee']Someone mentioned on CAG that they bought a game from GMG that activated on Steam. When they play it, it shows "XXX is playing Green Man Gaming - Game Title." Is that true for all titles, specific titles, or not at all? Not necessarily a deal breaker, unless you have OCD (um, like I do >_>). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Who the hell told you that?

[quote name='Teeheehee']Someone mentioned on CAG that they bought a game from GMG that activated on Steam. When they play it, it shows "XXX is playing Green Man Gaming - Game Title." Is that true for all titles, specific titles, or not at all? Not necessarily a deal breaker, unless you have OCD (um, like I do >_>). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to say you're being trolled because that has -never- happened to me lol :lol:

[quote name='JamesGMG']I'm tempted to say you're being trolled because that has -never- happened to me lol :lol:[/QUOTE]
Nah man, it's totally legit. I read it on the internet.

You guys are really aggressive on the pricing during this sale. Looking forward to seeing what else is a daily before the end of the sale.

DS3 on Steam nets you DS1+2. I doubt this key will do that, but man it'd be awesome if it does. I really liked those two.

[quote name='Chux']DS3 on Steam nets you DS1+2. I doubt this key will do that, but man it'd be awesome if it does. I really liked those two.[/QUOTE]
The GMG key is for DS3 only. I also thought the DS1 and 2 free on Steam were the preorder bonus for Steam. They are selling a "complete" pack now for $59.99.

[quote name='Chux']DS3 on Steam nets you DS1+2. I doubt this key will do that, but man it'd be awesome if it does. I really liked those two.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is just exclusive to steam. I know that DS3 key from amazon would only give you the game.

Yeah, and that makes sense. I wish they sold DS1/2 outside of it though, liked those better than 3.

[quote name='Chux']Yeah, and that makes sense. I wish they sold DS1/2 outside of it though, liked those better than 3.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they're worth buying seperately on Steam, if that were possible.. the description on Steam lists them as Single Player only, which if true takes a huge chunk out of the game considering the non-steam editions have online multiplayer and it's a central focus of the games.

If I buy Arkham City from GMG, does it get added to my GFW Marketplace client? (when it finishes installing and logs me into my GFWL account, I mean)

Not seeing a way to activate the serial in the client itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='everyoneisshiny']If I buy Arkham City from GMG, does it get added to my GFW Marketplace client? (when it finishes installing and logs me into my GFWL account, I mean)

Not seeing a way to activate the serial in the client itself.[/QUOTE]
I bought Arkham City on release from GMG. I tried the GFWL route but you really do need to install capsule. For me this sucked with my limited hard drive space and the game ended taking up 3x its actual download size just to install. They may have fixed this problem by now but its the reason I only buy Steam keys from them now.

[quote name='rohitman']I bought Arkham City on release from GMG. I tried the GFWL route but you really do need to install capsule. For me this sucked with my limited hard drive space and the game ended taking up 3x its actual download size just to install. They may have fixed this problem by now but its the reason I only buy Steam keys from them now.[/QUOTE]
Good to know, thanks. I'll pass and wait for a Steam sale.

Does anyone here have interest in playing War in the North together? I bought it during a GMG sale but noone is ever online. It actually seems like a really fun game.

EDIT: Please send PM if so.

Definitely would have jumped on Darkness II if the voucher stacked with the $37.xx price from yesterday. I thought the demo was good but I'm gonna hold out and see if it drops lower before release. Now, if they can get Kingdoms of Amalur for US customers before the voucher expires, I will be all over it. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']Definitely would have jumped on Darkness II if the voucher stacked with the $37.xx price from yesterday. I thought the demo was good but I'm gonna hold out and see if it drops lower before release. Now, if they can get Kingdoms of Amalur for US customers before the voucher expires, I will be all over it. :D[/QUOTE]
I would be so over that Kingdoms of Amalur deal if they could do it. I have it at preordered at Amazon for $50 but I would like to do better if possible :D.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I would be so over that Kingdoms of Amalur deal if they could do it. I have it at preordered at Amazon for $50 but I would like to do better if possible :D.[/QUOTE]

I have the digital download version pre-ordered at Amazon as well. I also have a 360 copy pre-ordered from NewEgg until I decide which version I'm getting. :D

[quote name='Callandor']According to James' blog, looks like Skyrim is gonna be $30 later today:

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/[/QUOTE]
James said in this thread that they're out of keys, meaning that the deal has already come and gone: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314205&page=2
[quote name='JamesGMG']It took off very quickly and we've now ran out of the reserved stock! We do still have a very competitive price though :D

Make sure to keep checking back on our social media too for upcoming promotions :) We interact a lot with customers too and often like to get an idea of the kind of deals people are looking for!

-James[/QUOTE]

ordered my skyrim at 7am est, didn't receive key. contacted support at noon, now almost 7pm and still no key.

DAMNIT! maybe i'm used to instant gratification cause of DD and i'm just being really impatient i guess, but hopefully i'll get skyrim soon! the ticket said it could be 2-3 days :(

o well, it was still a great price so i guess it isn't a big deal. just sucks i'm one of the unlucky ones. 1st world problem, etc.

hate to be a crybaby, but i'm still waitin on my key for skyim.

really sucks how some people instantly got their key and 12 hour later i still don't have mine, and on top of that support says that will take 2-3 days to process my ticket.

i know it was just a fluke in their system, and yes there are way worse problems on the earth, but yeah, sucks when you are the unlucky one. i could be 5 hours into skyrim!

[quote name='Chesskid1']hate to be a crybaby, but i'm still waitin on my key for skyim.

really sucks how some people instantly got their key and 12 hour later i still don't have mine, and on top of that support says that will take 2-3 days to process my ticket.

i know it was just a fluke in their system, and yes there are way worse problems on the earth, but yeah, sucks when you are the unlucky one. i could be 5 hours into skyrim![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call that being a crybaby, you paid for something and received nothing. I would be upset too if that happened to me (which it has in the past, especially with digital keys).

[quote name='Chesskid1']hate to be a crybaby, but i'm still waitin on my key for skyim.

i know it was just a fluke in their system, and yes there are way worse problems on the earth, but yeah, sucks when you are the unlucky one. i could be 5 hours into skyrim![/QUOTE]
This has definitely happened before with other games and I know how you feel. Hopefully they get you sorted soon and fix this for the future as it seems to be a (semi) recurring issue...

Green Man Gaming has this problem. I remember when I preordered Sonic Generations, I preordered it back in October. People who preordered when prerelease was live was getting keys and I had to wait hours to get my key. It wasn't just one hour it was like almost a day.

They need to fix this problem. It's my one complaint with GMG that makes it a almost great retailer. I still order from them when the deal is good, but it's not one of my favorite ones.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Green Man Gaming has this problem. I remember when I preordered Sonic Generations, I preordered it back in October. People who preordered when prerelease was live was getting keys and I had to wait hours to get my key. It wasn't just one hour it was like almost a day.

They need to fix this problem. It's my one complaint with GMG that makes it a almost great retailer. I still order from them when the deal is good, but it's not one of my favorite ones.[/QUOTE]

To be fair we haven't had this particular issue since Sonic Generations! :) I'm hoping we don't have it again either!

@Chesskid1 Do you still not have your key? If you let me know your ticket number I can pass it along to our CS team and they should get it sorted

i got my key, thanks :) game on!

many people use DD cause of the instant gratification, so kinda sucks when you don't get that :) hopefully you can guys can isolate the problem. thanks once again.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Skyrim for 50% off? You're kidding me, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope! And we ran out of the copies in a crazily short time, even with the hammering our server took!

I think for that second round we sold them all within about 2 hours - it was crazy!

-James

[quote name='JamesGMG']Nope! And we ran out of the copies in a crazily short time, even with the hammering our server took!

I think for that second round we sold them all within about 2 hours - it was crazy!

-James[/QUOTE]

Wow that really depresses me... Sucks for people who sleep during those hours. =/

[quote name='atreyuevr']Wow that really depresses me... Sucks for people who sleep during those hours. =/[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't think I'm going to make any of their flash sales if they keep posting them at those times. I'm in the west coast US so GMT -8. If they're posting things in the morning their time I will never catch those sales since I'll almost always be asleep.

Ah well. I'll probably just grab it on the Steam summer sale or something. I'm patient. And cheap. :p

bread's done
Back