Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='JamesGMG']Nope! And we ran out of the copies in a crazily short time, even with the hammering our server took!

I think for that second round we sold them all within about 2 hours - it was crazy!

-James[/QUOTE]

Any chance you guys are going to run the same deal soon?

Space Marine will be $12.49 starting at Midnight EST tonight and running until Midnight PST tomorrow (3am EST). Fantastic game, especially at that price.

They also mentioned they are having this run until Midnight PST so West Coast people have a full day for the deal so good on them.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah I don't think I'm going to make any of their flash sales if they keep posting them at those times. I'm in the west coast US so GMT -8. If they're posting things in the morning their time I will never catch those sales since I'll almost always be asleep.

Ah well. I'll probably just grab it on the Steam summer sale or something. I'm patient. And cheap. :p[/QUOTE]

Same here lol... Just some more GMG love exclusion for US customers, West Coast anyway. =/

[quote name='MysterD']Any sort of region restrictions on the Space Marine key from GMG?
USA gamer here, BTW.[/QUOTE]
I can say for sure the key works in the US.

Hey guys - the deal is essentially FOR the US, being Groundhog day (which for me is really just "Thursday" :p )

So US customers shouldn't have any problems whatsoever - and if you do you can always submit a ticket or post a message here and I'll see it :p

-James

Wow, you guys aren't kidding about the e-mail address for Paypal needing to match. Same characters but slightly different capitalization flags it too. Wow.

Anyway, got that ironed out. Thanks for Space Marine!

I'm in for Space Marine! Woot! Thanks for posting. I was grumping because I missed the last time it was on sale. Looking forward to hacking up some orks.

Tried to get in on Space Marine and it was the biggest mistake of my week. First they decline PayPal because it's not verified. I've had that account since 2002 and it's confirmed but not verified because there's no way in hell I am giving PayPal my banking info. So that's useless.

Then I make the mistake of trying to use my Mastercard instead. Not only is the transaction denied but I get a call from my bank's security dept informing me that they've frozen my card for "suspicious activity." Suspicious activity? I dunno WTF GMG is doing but I've used that card to import games from the UK and Hong Kong without any other problems whatsoever. So yeah, I don't care how good their deals are, I'm never going to make the mistake of trying to give them money again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey JamesGMG, I am having a problem paying with PayPal. The site says that my GMG email address doesn't match my PayPal email addy, but both of them match perfectly. It's the only way I can pay and I really want to get Space Marines. Any help?

[quote name='talon2099']Then I make the mistake of trying to use my Mastercard instead. Not only is the transaction denied but I get a call from my bank's security dept informing me that they've frozen my card for "suspicious activity." Suspicious activity? I dunno WTF GMG is doing but I've used that card to import games from the UK and Hong Kong without any other problems whatsoever. So yeah, I don't care how good their deals are, I'm never going to make the mistake of trying to give them money again.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that it's your bank who's declining the charge and not GMG, right?

[quote name='adawg555']Hey JamesGMG, I am having a problem paying with PayPal. The site says that my GMG email address doesn't match my PayPal email addy, but both of them match perfectly. It's the only way I can pay and I really want to get Space Marines. Any help?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Okatha']Wow, you guys aren't kidding about the e-mail address for Paypal needing to match. Same characters but slightly different capitalization flags it too. Wow.

Anyway, got that ironed out. Thanks for Space Marine![/QUOTE]

Make sure they match completely, down to the capitalization.

[quote name='Meeza']Make sure they match completely, down to the capitalization.[/QUOTE]

They do match down to the capitalization. I checked and rechecked 4 or 5 times.

[quote name='mindcycle']You do realize that it's your bank who's declining the charge and not GMG, right?[/QUOTE]
Of course I realize that. The question is WTF is GMG doing that is causing my bank to decline the card when that's not happened with any other UK retailer I've ever used.

[quote name='talon2099']Of course I realize that. The question is WTF is GMG doing that is causing my bank to decline the card when that's not happened with any other UK retailer I've ever used.[/QUOTE]

You could always ask your bank since they're the ones doing it

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You could always ask your bank since they're the ones doing it[/QUOTE]

But please, it's easier to blame the people who want to take your money rather then the bank that wants to steal it.

[quote name='talon2099']Of course I realize that. The question is WTF is GMG doing that is causing my bank to decline the card when that's not happened with any other UK retailer I've ever used.[/QUOTE]

Humm.. Maybe you misunderstood. It's not GMG that's doing anything, it's your bank who's declining the charge. You'd have to ask them why they declined it, only they know the answer to that question.

I've had my CC declined because I was in another state due to some sort of security precaution my bank had setup. A quick call sorted that out. I'd suggest you do the same..

[quote name='Bios Element']But please, it's easier to blame the people who want to take your money rather then the bank that wants to steal it.[/QUOTE]
Wow, lotta GMG fanboys up in this thread. I'm happy with my bank, thanks, only reason I'm blaming GMG is because they tripped my bank's fraud detection and clearly I'm not the only one from reading this thread. Whatever, there's too many other places to buy games to deal with this nonsense.

[quote name='talon2099']Wow, lotta GMG fanboys up in this thread. I'm happy with my bank, thanks, only reason I'm blaming GMG is because they tripped my bank's fraud detection and clearly I'm not the only one from reading this thread. Whatever, there's too many other places to buy games to deal with this nonsense.[/QUOTE]

I like my bank because they actually know when a company is fraudulent. Its not that we are fan boys we......its not GMG's issue..its yours and your banks. A simple phone call will tell you what the reason is and I would almost bet it had nothing to do with GMG.

[quote name='talon2099']Wow, lotta GMG fanboys up in this thread. I'm happy with my bank, thanks, only reason I'm blaming GMG is because they tripped my bank's fraud detection and clearly I'm not the only one from reading this thread. Whatever, there's too many other places to buy games to deal with this nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this has happened to a lot of us but GMG is on the level from my experience. I had a hold put on my bank account too when I first used GMG. I called the bank and told them it was ok and to allow GMG from now on. Haven't had an issue since. I know it's a hassle to call your bank but based on the past deals GMG has had, I think it will be worth it going forward.

lol, yeah we're all GMG fanboys because your bank is declining a charge "NOT GMG" and we're simply trying to point that out to you and offer a way around it. Cards don't just get declined out of the blue or because a charge is coming from a specific vendor. Fraud detection systems are highly complex and factor in many different variables. To go into the specifics would be a waste of time since every system is different.

Here's my suggestion. 1: Contact your bank. 2: Find out why the charge was declined 3: Give them the go ahead to either pass that charge through or allow another charge. Problem solved..

k bye =]

Well, sorry to hear you had trouble talon, but as others have mentioned that's really out of our control :) If you do contact your bank though and allow future purchases to GMG as well you won't have any problems!

And as others have said it will definitely be worth it to make sure you don't miss out on other deals :)

-James

[quote name='JamesGMG']Giving this a little bump as we've not put out a 20% voucher for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning :)

RECKN-GMGLO-VESYA

Unfortunately we can't sell this on our .com domain, so if you use this, you won't be able to see Amalur or other EA titles!

-James[/QUOTE]

404 Not Found.

I'm assuming you are blocked from selling it to people in the US?

*Edit: Though the link is co.uk, my browser will immediately change it to .com. If I try to correct it and reload it does the same.

[quote name='Motoki']404 Not Found.

I'm assuming you are blocked from selling it to people in the US?

*Edit: Though the link is co.uk, my browser will immediately change it to .com. If I try to correct it and reload it does the same.[/QUOTE]

It's probably not your browser. They see you are coming from a US IP so they are redirecting you to the US site. They have agreements to not have certain deals with the US and sometimes the keys are region locked. It's what the rest of the world puts up with when there are US only deals.

As above - if you're on a US IP you will be redirected.

Although as a clarification, it's not so much to not have deals in the US as it is to only have certain deals available for EMEA regions.

Also - we have Gaikai on our site and you can play game demos in your browser. In the wake of Darkness 2's release, why not try before you buy? ;)

-James

Earlier today Green Man Gaming posted on their Facebook page that they'll have a 33% voucher for Alan Wake, which will be released today there and is a Steamworks title. They have now removed that post.

Will there be a discount at all?

[quote name='facls']Earlier today Green Man Gaming posted on their Facebook page that they'll have a 33% voucher for Alan Wake, which will be released today there and is a Steamworks title. They have now removed that post.

Will there be a discount at all?[/QUOTE]
Wow would be nice if they had that voucher. Hopefully James will pop in here and clarify.

Edit: Twitter says "something" special when the Darkness deal is over so may well be the Alan Wake deal.

Hey guys :) We'll have a very good promotion up and running later this evening - You could even check back periodically to see how it's doing ;)

-James

Alan Wake for $20 on day of release, that's closer to the inevitable Steam sales. Sounds good if you need to get your Alan Wake fix, hearing some rumblings about performance issues so I'm gonna sit this one out until maybe the last minute.

I really liked the soundtrack and developer commentary in Alan Wake. I think they're worth another $3.36 if you're interested in those kinds of things. I haven't checked out the book.

fuck it, for Alan Wake, I'll join

Can anyone remind me what's the most hassle free way to pay in this site?
Was it Paypal with bank account or Paypal with credit card?

[quote name='MrBubbles']Alan Wake for $20 on day of release, that's closer to the inevitable Steam sales. Sounds good if you need to get your Alan Wake fix, hearing some rumblings about performance issues so I'm gonna sit this one out until maybe the last minute.[/QUOTE]

It'll be less than 10 by the summer. Prices crashed on the 360 version fast and pc games tend to drop even faster

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I ordered the Alan Wake Collector's Bundle and the e-mail appears to be completely devoid of any activation key?

bread's done
Back