Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='tombo85']I get a 404 page when clicking on Mass Effect 3[/QUOTE]

It's not available globally, only to North American users, and greenmangaming.co.uk users. This is likely why you're getting a 404.

-James

[quote name='Drabelincoln']So it won't be like the mafia 2 1 hour sale?[/QUOTE]

Only if we run out of keys for it! I have checked with a colleague and they inform me we have plenty of them available! :bouncy:

Civ V will apparently be a Steam weekend deal, so no need to risk using GMG for that one. :)

[quote name='JamesGMG']Hey PenguinJim,

The two topics aren't unrelated. We currently have Taiwan blocked to stop the fraud that came from that region. As we look further at regional expansion we need to integrate a bespoke payment system to combat the inherent fraud problem in that region. Naturally this is a tricky affair and will take time to carry out correctly.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response, James. It's appreciated, and it does seem to confirm everything I said (except that I thought I was being lied to and given two different stories, when apparently I was being told the truth but given a different reason each time - I'm sorry about that!), but it does seem to miss a few issues.

You told me that GMG was blocking a couple of countries, including Taiwan and China. Clayton Victor GMG has told me that you're not blocking China. But although I asked him directly, he won't tell me which countries/regions you are blocking. Could you share with us which countries are currently being blocked? (It would also be lovely if you could share with us why we weren't notified before being blocked, or during the following five months, and still even today... no updates.)

It also seems a bit odd that instead of fixing the security hole, you're just blocking the region(s) exploiting it the most (which is why I recommended everyone use a new, unique password). You're saying it's not your accounts system, but the payment system? I've used Paypal and SagePay with plenty of other companies, so that also seems odd - especially if they're making you pay for their security problems, as Clayton Victor GMG suggests.

And I don't want to nitpick, but I can't see how you can claim that you won't block the US - surely if fraud increases above a sustainable level, as you're now claiming is the reason for blocking other regions, you'd have to block the US too? (Which, by the way, is totally understandable)

At the risk of sounding cynical, I have followed Sony's wonderful management of the PS3, and so it's to be expected that you would say something to help your business this week while having no qualms about doing the opposite next week if it would help your business make money.

[quote name='JamesGMG'](of course you're always able to change your password if you'd like :) ).[/QUOTE]
Yes, please! I must confess, I wasn't actually able to find the option to do this. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

[quote name='PenguinJim']
Yes, please! I must confess, I wasn't actually able to find the option to do this. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?[/QUOTE]
Hover over your name when logged in, fourth option down is password and is labeled as such.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Thanks, rybrad. :) And how do I log in when I'm being blocked?[/QUOTE]
I didn't read your entire post earlier but if your region is being blocked you can use a UK proxy. A decent free one is http://www.daveproxy.co.uk but if you want something more secure you would have to search around. If your account is banned or whatever you would need to contact their support people. In the second post in the thread you can find their phone number and customer service hours if you prefer to talk to someone.

James, can you provide me with any information as to why I can't find Shank, Shank 2, or any Warhammer 40K Space Marine DLC on your site?

[quote name='PenguinJim']Civ V will apparently be a Steam weekend deal, so no need to risk using GMG for that one. :)

Thanks for the response, James. It's appreciated, and it does seem to confirm everything I said (except that I thought I was being lied to and given two different stories, when apparently I was being told the truth but given a different reason each time - I'm sorry about that!), but it does seem to miss a few issues.

You told me that GMG was blocking a couple of countries, including Taiwan and China. Clayton Victor GMG has told me that you're not blocking China. But although I asked him directly, he won't tell me which countries/regions you are blocking. Could you share with us which countries are currently being blocked? (It would also be lovely if you could share with us why we weren't notified before being blocked, or during the following five months, and still even today... no updates.)
[/QUOTE]

The information I had in January was correct to my knowledge at the time :) I have since followed up and was informed China is not blocked.

Any information for whether or not a region is locked (which, to my knowledge, again is currently only Taiwan), is best handled via our CS team as they are in closer contact with the team members who have that information closer to hand :)

[quote name='TreadLife']James, can you provide me with any information as to why I can't find Shank, Shank 2, or any Warhammer 40K Space Marine DLC on your site?[/QUOTE]

We don't have Shank but we do have Shank 2, but only available to those on our greenmangaming.co.uk domain.

We're working on getting Space Marine DLC but I have no new info about it at this time.

Hope this helps guys!

And also as some general information - we're running our 20% deal on Mass Effect 3 again this week - no voucher required this time!

-James

[quote name='nevermore2782']Is the Mass Effect 3 20% deal dead? James said as of March 12 that it would be going for this week........hrm...payday hits and I miss the deal. My luck.[/QUOTE]

There's a new voucher I've created, don't tell anyone ;) (though I already told a bunch of people)
Use the voucher NORMA-NDYBA-RGAIN to get the 20% deal :)

We also have a couple of other deals, too.

For 24 hours we've got Dungeon Siege III at 75% off, ending at 1200 GMT 16th March
And for a week we've got Assassin's Creed 1 at 60% off for greenmangaming.co.uk users

Happy gaming all!
-James

There's a list now for a number of deals available on the GMG forum!

There's quite a lot so I won't try to list them all, but there's a number of excellent bargains worth getting :D

-James

I will list them all.
Deus Ex GOTY for 75% off [greenmangaming.com]
Valid: 1200 GMT March 17th - 1200 GMT March 18th

Deus Ex: Invisible War for 75% off [greenmangaming.com]
Valid: 1200 GMT March 18th - 1200 GMT March 19th

Defenders of Ardania is available for 30% off on the site (no end date) [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Tropico 4 is available for 33% off on the site (no end date) [greenmangaming.co.uk]

For greenmangaming.co.uk users:

Need for Speed: The Run is available for £19.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Valid: From March 17th until March 23rd

Fifa 12 is available for £19.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Bulletstorm is available for £7.49 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Tiger Woods 12 is available for £5.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Battlefield 3 is available for £27.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Copying and Pasting:
Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - 33% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: Now!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Standard) - 75% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: Now until 1200 GMT March 20th

Mount and Blade Warband - 50% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: Now until 1200 GMT March 20th

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition) - 75% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: 1200 GMT March 20th - 1200 GMT March 21st

The First Templar - 75% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: 1200 GMT March 20th - 1200 GMT March 21st

Men of War: Assault Squad - 50% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: 1200 GMT March 21st - 1200 GMT March 22nd

For greenmangaming.co.uk users:

Anno 1404 - 60% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: Until March 21st

Assassin's Creed - 60% off [greenmangaming.co.uk]
Available: Until March 21st

Need for Speed: The Run is available for £19.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Fifa 12 is available for £19.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Bulletstorm is available for £7.49 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Tiger Woods 12 is available for £5.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Battlefield 3 is available for £27.99 [greenmangaming.co.uk]

Hey, we have some good deals now. 20% off four pre-orders and they are all Steamworks games! Risen 2 and Darksiders 2 both include the first DLC free for pre-ordering so good value there.

20% off pre-orders using voucher code PROMO-FESTI-VAL20

Risen 2: Dark Waters $39.96 (Steamworks) Pre-orders also include the first DLC free
Darksiders II: Limited Edition $39.96 (Steamworks) Pre-orders also include the first DLC free
Binary Domain $32 (Steamworks) Pre-orders include multiplayer map and weapons
Nexuiz $8 (Steamworks)

James, I mistakenly bought two copies of Binary Domain, I submitted a ticket to have them cancel one of the orders, will it be done or will there be a problem?

[quote name='Reaperain']Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I want Darksiders 2 but I dont know if I want to pay $40. Maybe $30. Thats a great deal though.[/QUOTE]
Well you get the first DLC for free if you pre-order which will probably cost $5-$10. If you end up enjoying the game and DLC then it essentially cost you $30.

Gonna nab a copy of Nexuiz.

Steam's actually doing a preorder deal where you can get it for $8.99, but GMG has got this beat.

Thanks for telling me about this deal man.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']James, I mistakenly bought two copies of Binary Domain, I submitted a ticket to have them cancel one of the orders, will it be done or will there be a problem?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there'd be a problem - did this get sorted? (I'm a few days delayed in replying!)

Nice one to the guys keeping this updated with deals :) Also keep an eye out on our Twitter page, we're doing daily RT giveaways too for another couple of weeks.

-James

[quote name='JamesGMG']I don't believe there'd be a problem - did this get sorted? (I'm a few days delayed in replying!)

Nice one to the guys keeping this updated with deals :) Also keep an eye out on our Twitter page, we're doing daily RT giveaways too for another couple of weeks.

-James[/QUOTE]

Yeah you guys took care of it real fast, thanks.

anyone else having trouble checking out? I've tried using paypal or my credit card and both ended up with errors in either Firefox and Chrome saying the page had ended up in an endless loop :???:

Sorry for missing the Crysis deal, didn't notice it before I took off for the weekend. Added Shogun 2 xpac to the OP.

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai $19.79 (Steamworks) Does not require base game to play.

@buckythekat - I experienced that when they first started, got around it using crappy IE, might want to give that a go.

Hey James. I just wanted to ask how long it usually takes for support to assist (Maybe they are busy) cause I have 3 charges from Greenmangaming.com when I was only supposed to have 2 (Risen 2 and Darksiders 2) and I submitted a ticket on the 30th of April, He asked for the last 4 diglits of my card (It was included in the first message lol) and he never got back and I tend to be an impatient panda :(((

[quote name='ninjaman999']Hey James. I just wanted to ask how long it usually takes for support to assist (Maybe they are busy) cause I have 3 charges from Greenmangaming.com when I was only supposed to have 2 (Risen 2 and Darksiders 2) and I submitted a ticket on the 30th of April, He asked for the last 4 diglits of my card (It was included in the first message lol) and he never got back and I tend to be an impatient panda :((([/QUOTE]

How do you expect them to read your ticket when it's not even the 30th of April yet? You have to wait for them to catch up to the future.

[quote name='ninjaman999']Hey James. I just wanted to ask how long it usually takes for support to assist (Maybe they are busy) cause I have 3 charges from Greenmangaming.com when I was only supposed to have 2 (Risen 2 and Darksiders 2) and I submitted a ticket on the 30th of April, He asked for the last 4 diglits of my card (It was included in the first message lol) and he never got back and I tend to be an impatient panda :((([/QUOTE]

Hey ninjaman, have you heard back? If you respond to the ticket it will put it back into the queue for our CS to look at :)

Also, Mount & Blade Collection is 75% off for the next couple of days :D

Dunno about you guys but I'm currently enjoying Crusader Kings 2 a hell of a lot! :)

-James

So are people actually ever able to buy from here? I tried to purchase gw2 and kept getting redirect errors. Tried more than one browser and more than one payment method.

[quote name='mastamind']So are people actually ever able to buy from here? I tried to purchase gw2 and kept getting redirect errors. Tried more than one browser and more than one payment method.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem using Firefox from the USA (KY). Well, I can't say that, anytime I do buy anything on GMG I get a call in the morning from my bank making sure that the purchase in the UK is legitimate.

[quote name='Killbomb']Still torn on Risen 2. Enjoyed the first game but the reviews for 2 haven't exactly been glowing.[/QUOTE]

Risen 1 and Gothic 2 actually weren't received much better by critics either to be honest (Metacritic scores of 77 and 79), yet people really enjoyed those games. Risen 2's is 73 at the moment.

Looks like some issues with use of paypal. Yesterday the issue mentioned was something along the lines of an unverified account. My paypal account is verified and my GMG email address matches as suggested in the 2nd post.

Today I tried one more time and got...

PAYMENT REQUIRED

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at secure.greenmangaming.com Port 443

looks like the migration to the new server may still have kinks to work out. For what it is worth I have ordered games before through th service and it has worked well previously. I am just bummed that I will not be able to take advantage of the preorders for Risen 2 and Darksiders 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back