Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Does anyone think Secret World will go back down to 20% off before its released? I missed the coupon, even though it was still the 30th or so. They took it down early, compared to OP.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I imagine this is due to the time difference as they are in Europe. They added a Darksiders 2 code today so looks like the promo is indeed over for the other games.

[quote name='rybrad']I imagine this is due to the time difference as they are in Europe. They added a Darksiders 2 code today so looks like the promo is indeed over for the other games.[/QUOTE]

Actually I asked them why it was taken down early and I was told they put the wrong end date up. Still kind of lame they didn't stick to what they posted even if it was a mistake.

I doubt The Secret World will get another coupon since the release is so close but anythings possible.

Today's highlights:

10% off any game on the site using voucher code ROYAL-BARGA-INING.

Dead Island - $11.99 (Steam)

Dead Island is pretty fun now that all the bugs are patched out for the most part. Play co-op with some friends for maximum enjoyment.

[quote name='rybrad']Today's highlights:

10% off any game on the site using voucher code ROYAL-BARGA-INING.

Dead Island - $11.99 (Steam)

Dead Island is pretty fun now that all the bugs are patched out for the most part. Play co-op with some friends for maximum enjoyment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

The DLC is on sale as well.

With the 10% off and the $5 from last week's Disciples promo I snagged both DLCs for $2.20 out of my pocket! Can't beat that!

Killing Floor is also $5.98 so with the 10% and $5 Disciples promo, someone could get it for .40 cents! Great deal there too.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']I guess "any game" doesn't include guild wars 2. Sad, was hoping to pick that up for $43 with my $5 credit from disciples II.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was trying to do the same, then I saw the "*Guild Wars 2 titles are not applicable for this voucher due to limited stock."

Just got a Great deal on Sleeping Dogs $26.50 after the 10% off and my store credit;). If you are on the fence or looking for a certain price this is good as seeing the game has not been released yet... anyway thank you Greenmangaming.:applause:

Picked up Dead Island for $1.29 after trading in all my games I'd previously gotten for free. Not bad, I'd had my eye on it, but never pulled the trigger at other sales.

Is Dead Island still a good deal even without the $5 Disciples promo discount? What about the online features? Or even replayability?

Based on the trailer and screenshots it kinda looks like Killing Floor meets Far Cry 1...

[quote name='rieper']Is Dead Island still a good deal even without the $5 Disciples promo discount? What about the online features? Or even replayability?

Based on the trailer and screenshots it kinda looks like Killing Floor meets Far Cry 1...[/QUOTE]

It's closer to Dead Rising meets Borderlands.
Replayability would depend on if you wanted to do Newgame+ to hit max level or play a different character, other than that the game is the same each time you play through it.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I got the Civ V expansion for $20.48 with Disciples 2, some other games, and the 10% preorder discount.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I think I'm gonna do too, I think. Was gonna get Secret World.

Ryder White DLC is decent. No leveling, no co-op, explains some of the story. Not great though.

Isn't Sleeping Dogs for $35 a good deal? Why isn't it highlighted in the OP?

Hey, anyone else getting the "license is corrupt error" after installing Max Payne 3 and the updates from GMG. I can't make it past the initial splash screen and intializing. I always get a license is corrupt error and it tells me to reinstall, but I've reinstalled a couple of times already and no go still. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Updated OP with new code, lasts until early tomorrow morning if my time conversion is right.

10% off any game on the site using voucher code UBISO-FTISG-LOBAL.

Hey everyone :)

A new blog post is up, with a Gods & Kings offer in the latter part, as well as information on a survey you can fill in (if you want) to help us learn more about our userbase, and what you want to see in GMG.

Full details are on the link :)

-James

Hi all. I'm about to buy the Civ 5 expansion at GMG and would like to use a referral code. Please someone PM me if you have one to share. $2 for you, $2 for me, right? Thanks.

I'll use the first code I receive by PM, please don't flood this thread... thanks.

Thank you - code received in 6 minutes flat!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FatherChesz']Awesome! Beat's Amazon's price by nearly 10 bucks. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Not only that, but GMG is selling the Professional Edition (Amazon only offers the Standard Edition on their site).

This is a great deal, but I don't know if I want to commit right now. I'm just worried this new Hitman might end up being mediocre. Guess I'll have to decide before tomorrow. LOL

They're also having a Square-Enix sale, including a couple of Steam redeemables:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution = $7.49
Dungeon Siege III = $9.99 (not the best deal, wait for the Steam summer sale)
Dungeon Siege III DLC = $3.99
Just Cause 2 = $7.50 (not great)
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days = $10 (not great)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light = $7.49 (not great)
Scarygirl = $5
Thief Gold = $4.99
Thief II = $4.99

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/promo/square-enix-deals-up-to-75-off/

@JamesGMG
Since you guys are UK-based and do deal w/ Deep Silver...
Do you guys sell Sacred 2: Gold Edition?
Or have any plans to sell it?

Well I decided at the last minute to pre-order the Hitman game. Considering it's basically the Collector's Edition for $36 (which console owners have to pay $80 for) and it activates on Steam I just couldn't pass it up. Plus I've been a huge fan of the Hitman franchise since 2000 so I gotta support the game series. ;)

Hey JamesGMG, I have a quick question for you. Will you guys also be carrying Dishonored at some point? It's a Bethesda game that comes out in October. If so is there any hope of there also being some kind of 30% off deal like with Hitman? That would be pretty awesome. :)

Another short-term deal today.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Deluxe Edition - $41.20 Expires 7am Eastern time on Monday.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Usually, how long before a game's released does GMG offer up the decent preorder discounts? I'd love to get Far Cry 3 for 30% off![/QUOTE]
No real guarantee on either of those things. Sometimes they can't sell certain games in certain regions and even if they can, the time they go up and the discount (if any) can vary greatly. James might have more info about their future plans so maybe he will pop in here and answer the couple release questions people have posed.

Now it's Sleeping Dogs with 30% off... Is this a better deal that a week or so ago, when they had the pre-order discount? Thats when I bought it and I don't remember how much I paid.

Just a word of warning: I attempted to make my first purchase of a Steam game through Green Man Gaming last night. The card didn't work, but I thought it was because GMG is based in the UK while I'm in the US, so I gave up and moved on.

Today, my bank card was rejected for an Amazon order. I called my card company and they told me it was closed out. Apparently the company GMG uses for transactions is known for fraud, and this raised a red-flag. My debit card company closed my card immediately and now I have to wait a week before a new one arrives in the mail.

I'm glad that my card company was watching out for me, but this is a huge hassle. Please be aware that GMG's 3rd-party vendor is problematic.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Now it's Sleeping Dogs with 30% off... Is this a better deal that a week or so ago, when they had the pre-order discount? Thats when I bought it and I don't remember how much I paid.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing it at 20% off. (with $49.99 turning into $39.99)

Well, the lowest I have seen is $44.99.

Late June will be my first Steam Summer Sale. Has Steam offered substantial discounts on pre-order games during such sales events before? I wouldn't think so, as it wouldn't make much sense (to in effect train your customers to not pre-order something until an eventual summer/winter sale later).

Man, at $40, its getting tempting, though....

[quote name='Bizzquik']I'm seeing it at 20% off. (with $49.99 turning into $39.99)

Well, the lowest I have seen is $44.99.

Late June will be my first Steam Summer Sale. Has Steam offered substantial discounts on pre-order games during such sales events before? I wouldn't think so, as it wouldn't make much sense (to in effect train your customers to not pre-order something until an eventual summer/winter sale later).

Man, at $40, its getting tempting, though....[/QUOTE]

Nope, I can't remember a game that is still for preorder getting any deal besides the one it has when you can preorder it on Steam.

[quote name='Bizzquik']I'm seeing it at 20% off. (with $49.99 turning into $39.99)

[/QUOTE]

No, he's right, it is 30% off for the next 10 hours with the code SLEEP-INGDO-GSTEN

[quote name='Jon7']No, he's right, it is 30% off for the next 10 hours with the code SLEEP-INGDO-GSTEN[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I pre-ordered it. And based on the fella's experience of having his GMG purchase identified as fraudulent, I paid with PayPal. (Turns out, he's right. I did a google search and his was not an isolated case. By no means was it a common occurrence, but I don't want to be one of the *lucky* ones who have to sort things out with their credit card company.)

I've never pre-ordered a PC-download game before. Hope it works with the 360 controller. And I hope its good!

[quote name='KaOTiK']Nope, I can't remember a game that is still for preorder getting any deal besides the one it has when you can preorder it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

They have offered significant discounts if you buy a publisher pack + a pre-order game from that publisher before (ie last summer I bought the Square Enix pack and Deus Ex Pre-order and got an extra $20 off on that combo vs if I bought separately) but as for straight up pre-orders without any other packs or anything then usually 10% is the most Steam will offer.

[quote name='kingkongcompany']Just a heads up for anyone...GMG is offering an additional 10% off any order if you take part in their survey below. The discount code is given after completion (took me only about 5 minutes to complete.)

It is stackable as I used it to preorder Spec Ops today along with my $5 credit from disciples.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/06/green-man-gaming-survey-of-2012/[/QUOTE]

To add to this, the code from the survey expires July 1st. It might actually be universal? Not sure.

I pretty sure everyone gets the same code, considering what it spells out. As well, it doesn't require you to actually sign into a GMG account to take the survey.

Alright, now just to wait till Far Cry 3 is up with, hopefully, a preorder discount.

They have the new Civilization V expansion pack Gods and Kings for -25% off (promo code on their product page). I used my 5$ trade-in from that free game last month for a total of $18. Didn't see the survey 10% code above until after I bought it though :whistle2:( not sure if it would have stacked or not.

Activated on steam just fine (cause its steamworks game). Not bad picking up the exp for almost half off on day 1 release. :)

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Damn, I haven't decided yet if I want DS2 on PC or Xbox, but that's awfully tempting.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have the 360 version already pre-ordered with NewEgg for $48. I really wish GMG didn't charge right away for pre-orders or I would lock this price in right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back