Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Picked up Guild Wars 2 Pre-order for $48 with the second voucher code...not bad at all. Got the code and already registered on the guild wars 2 site. Really enjoyed the Beta and no monthly fees is nice.

[quote name='Meeza']Picked up Guild Wars 2 Pre-order for $48 with the second voucher code...not bad at all. Got the code and already registered on the guild wars 2 site. Really enjoyed the Beta and no monthly fees is nice.[/QUOTE]
damn..nice. I paid full price but that was a while ago, been in 2 BWEs and a stress test

[quote name='Larce80']damn..nice. I paid full price but that was a while ago, been in 2 BWEs and a stress test[/QUOTE]

I only got to play in the last BWE but had soooo much fun, I think it does a great job at disguising the leveling grind with all the shiny map points and hearts :). Not having to compete with other people for the world events is nice too. I'm thinking the game will be worth it even at full price. But we'll see. I figure if I'm lucky I'll get 200ish hours of fun out of it and that'll be way more than enough to justify the price. No monthly subscription, means I can treat it as a single player game if need be and still be okay.

Is Dark Souls purchased through GMG guaranteed to activate on Steam? What would happen if GMG didn't receive Steam keys? Would a refund be offered?

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']Is Dark Souls purchased through GMG guaranteed to activate on Steam? What would happen if GMG didn't receive Steam keys? Would a refund be offered?[/QUOTE]
Their rep posted on their forums saying they were getting Steam keys. If you do not get a Steam key you should be entitled to a full refund as the product was misrepresented.

For Darksiders 2, check out this:
http://www.godisageek.com/2012/07/darksiders-ii-preview/

The end of preview summary:
"Put simply, in seven years and two games, Vigil Games have demonstrated absolute mastery of the action-adventure genre. While you’ll have to wait until the game’s released for a review, I can’t see any reason why this game will not be a Game of the Year contender. This is a glittering example of how you do a sequel."

Has GMG had the South Park game up for pre-order special yet? I was also surprised to see their price is $59.99 and all the other places I found it (Amazon, Gamersgate) have it for $49.99.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Has GMG had the South Park game up for pre-order special yet? I was also surprised to see their price is $59.99 and all the other places I found it (Amazon, Gamersgate) have it for $49.99.[/QUOTE]
They have not. I noticed the price discrepancy as well but I am not sure what the real price will be.

[quote name='rybrad']They have not. I noticed the price discrepancy as well but I am not sure what the real price will be.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rybrad. I'll keep watching the site. The game is a long ways off and there might not be an "official" MRSP yet. Just a guess.

[quote name='rybrad']Darksiders II: Limited Edition $37.45 (Steamworks) with voucher code DEATH-LIVES-25OFF

This game is looking pretty awesome. I loved the first Darksiders and everything I have seen looks like Darksiders II will be an incredible improvement.[/QUOTE]

Been holding out but I think I need to pull the trigger on this today because it's probably not going to get any cheaper or show up again at this price before release.

EDIT: Went ahead and pre-purchased from GMG. This is one I definitely want to have on day one and I don't think it will get any cheaper. Now to cancel my Newegg pre-order for the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
How fast are they to address any customer service issues? I paid for Last Remnant Monday night but my cart crapped out and froze during the PayPal transaction.

Hopefully I didn't get ripped off of my $3 *in true CAG style*

[quote name='BrownThunder']ANyone got a referral chain link I can use? for the $2 credit for both.[/QUOTE]
Click the link in anyone's sig, can't post referrals here.

Borderlands 2 just went up for pre-order for $49.99 which is $10 cheaper than Steam. This also stacks with the 20% off code so grab it while it's hot!

Ok so I am trying to buy borderlands 2 through paypal. My account uses the correct e-mail and everything and I have used Paypal before for my purchases, but I keep getting the error message:

We have been unable to complete your order, please contact your payment provider before trying again.

Thank you for visiting Green Man Gaming.

Anyone know what's up?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok so I am trying to buy borderlands 2 through paypal. My account uses the correct e-mail and everything and I have used Paypal before for my purchases, but I keep getting the error message:

We have been unable to complete your order, please contact your payment provider before trying again.

Anyone know what's up?[/QUOTE]
I just bought this a few minutes ago using Paypal and had no issues. I have not used Paypal to purchase from them in the past either. Might want to hit up their support site and submit a ticket.

[quote name='rybrad']I just bought this a few minutes ago using Paypal and had no issues. I have not used Paypal to purchase from them in the past either. Might want to hit up their support site and submit a ticket.[/QUOTE]
Oh I just did open up a support ticket, I have $10 in GMG Credit so I would end up paying under $30 for Borderlands 2. I have a $40 newegg preorder but if I can get it for $30 with promise of all the preorder bonuses, I so will.

Great deal on Borderlands, with the preorder discount, the 20% coupon, and the $7 in credit I had from free games I got Borderlands 2 for $33 :D

Been thinking of getting it, but I have so many games from steam sale and GW2 as well, that I should be busy enough. Sigh. First world problems...

Why is this website so funky with payments. I've never had a successful order with them. just got shot down for guild wars 2 for the second time.

guess i should have looked into it. i figured they didnt charge till it was released oh well, looks like i already put my money down for Borderlands 2!!!

[quote name='sittinghawk3']If you can find a group, you can get at amazon for 37 dollars for a 4 pack, steam code, all the same perks[/QUOTE]
The only problem with this is they don't send codes until closer to release. Putting together a 4-pack and shelling out cash this far in advance might be tough to find.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok so I am trying to buy borderlands 2 through paypal. My account uses the correct e-mail and everything and I have used Paypal before for my purchases, but I keep getting the error message:

Anyone know what's up?[/QUOTE]

I got this error too, trying to buy Battlefield 3 Premium. Also get it when I try using credit cards.

Submitted a ticket yesterday and so far no response.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I got this error too, trying to buy Battlefield 3 Premium. Also get it when I try using credit cards.

Submitted a ticket yesterday and so far no response.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I still might just buy Borderlands 2 off GMG if they ever get back to me. The $40 newegg preorder I got is cool, but I am worried I don't get the extra pre order only class. I do want that, and my only other option right now for a deal is Amazon which isn't much of a deal.

[quote name='xeroblade']guess i should have looked into it. i figured they didnt charge till it was released oh well, looks like i already put my money down for Borderlands 2!!![/QUOTE]

You should be able to get a refund as long as you ask before they send out the keys.

Really wish I would have been around when it first came up for $49.99 minus the 20% off code. I already have the PC version pre-ordered from Newegg for $37.99 but it would have been great to be able to play as soon as it's unlocked for right around the same price.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I still might just buy Borderlands 2 off GMG if they ever get back to me. The $40 newegg preorder I got is cool, but I am worried I don't get the extra pre order only class. I do want that, and my only other option right now for a deal is Amazon which isn't much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I would bet that we won't get the extra class but for $10 difference I'll probably end up taking my chances.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I still might just buy Borderlands 2 off GMG if they ever get back to me. The $40 newegg preorder I got is cool, but I am worried I don't get the extra pre order only class. I do want that, and my only other option right now for a deal is Amazon which isn't much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a 4pack, and Tony says all copies will get the pre-order bonus. With 10% off, 4 pack spots are at $36 each, which seems like the best deal so far. I'm cancelling my newegg order for amazon's deal.

[quote name='xanchui']Amazon has a 4pack, and Tony says all copies will get the pre-order bonus. With 10% off, 4 pack spots are at $36 each, which seems like the best deal so far. I'm cancelling my newegg order for amazon's deal.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know Amazon has the four pack, if I could grab some friends to do it, I would. Right now though I don't have anyone.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah I know Amazon has the four pack, if I could grab some friends to do it, I would. Right now though I don't have anyone.[/QUOTE]

I might be interested in going in on a four-pack. How would we go about doing it?

[quote name='Killbomb']You should be able to get a refund as long as you ask before they send out the keys.

Really wish I would have been around when it first came up for $49.99 minus the 20% off code. I already have the PC version pre-ordered from Newegg for $37.99 but it would have been great to be able to play as soon as it's unlocked for right around the same price.

I would bet that we won't get the extra class but for $10 difference I'll probably end up taking my chances.[/QUOTE]
All pre-orders come with premiere club access which includes the Mechromancer. I believe Gamestop is the only place with an exclusive (some arena thing) but even that will be available "later" for everyone else.

[quote name='Killbomb']I might be interested in going in on a four-pack. How would we go about doing it?[/QUOTE]

I am also interested in getting the 4 pack. Just need to figure out how to do this.

[quote name='unknown0']I am also interested in getting the 4 pack. Just need to figure out how to do this.[/QUOTE]

someone needs to buy Borderlands GOTY, in order to use the %10 off towards the Borderlands 2 4-pack.

[quote name='Larce80']GMG just dropped the price of BL 2 to $49.99 again, so $40 with coupon and less depending on your credit[/QUOTE]

Cool.

Now if only they'll fix their checkout system so I can actually buy something.

[quote name='Larce80']GMG just dropped the price of BL 2 to $49.99 again, so $40 with coupon and less depending on your credit[/QUOTE]

Sent Newegg an email to see if I can cancel my Borderlands 2 order with them and still keep the discount on the other games I ordered at the same time. Hope this price is still available when I hear back from them.

EDIT: It's either all or nothing with Newegg. Looks I'll be keeping my order with them so I don't lose my $12 discount on Last Story and DoA5.

I have to give props to GMG. I wasn't going to preorder this game at all cause I wasn't willing to spend $60 on it or $54 with that 10% discount steam is giving for the weekend for owning the original Borderlands. At $40 though, it's just at the max I am willing to buy it for on release day.

Risen 2 is $26.76 today with the 20% off code. I've been wanting it since release, and that is the best price I remember seeing -- I just don't know if I have $27 worth of want for it.

[quote name='LurkerLito']I have to give props to GMG. I wasn't going to preorder this game at all cause I wasn't willing to spend $60 on it or $54 with that 10% discount steam is giving for the weekend for owning the original Borderlands. At $40 though, it's just at the max I am willing to buy it for on release day.[/QUOTE]

I also have to give props to GMG for a lot of nice deals. They actually let promo codes stack with other deals and pre-orders, which is rare among retailers.

Thanks to them:

Borderlands 2 pre-order: $40.00
Guild Wars 2 pre-order: $39.97 (with $5 credit from a free game they gave me)
Darksiders 2 pre-order: $34.96
Dark Souls pre-order: $32.00

All very reasonable prices on my "must have release-day" games.

Toss in my Orcs Must Die 2 and Torchlight 2 pre-orders from Steam and I believe I'm set for the next 6 months or so.

Noting the problems people have had with CC's being flagged and whatnot, I've always paid with paypal from the beginning and never had a problem.

I may be in the minority, but I prefer retailers who take the money up front for pre-orders. Makes it easier to budget for games, and reduces the chance of any forgotten surprises down the road.

bread's done
Back