Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

it seem the darksiders 2 key didnt include the DLC it was promesed, the crucible pass is some sort of arena where you can fight waves of enemies but theres no sign of the so promised Arguls Tomb

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']it seem the darksiders 2 key didnt include the DLC it was promesed, the crucible pass is some sort of arena where you can fight waves of enemies but theres no sign of the so promised Arguls Tomb[/QUOTE]

I think that is a future DLC that isn't out yet, and that it was just going to be part of the pre-order for the PC version on Steam so maybe there isn't a separate code for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got my sleeping dogs key about 2 hours ago, been playing the game, i have to say in all honesty, WITHOUT mods this is by far the best looking open world game there is, after you download the high res texture pack of course, it just looks incredible, the city is so vibrant and beautiful to look at, and im really surprised at how well optimized this game is, right off the bat with everything on max expect motion blur just because i hate it im getting top 60 frames at 1920 by 1200, haven't experienced frame drops, not even on speed car sections, loving the fighting system, haven't got around to use a gun so i cant comment on that, this game is easily the sleeper hit of 2012, same as borderlands was the sleeper hit of 2009, i really do hope this game does grate so it can be turned in to a continued franchise

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']it seem the darksiders 2 key didnt include the DLC it was promesed, the crucible pass is some sort of arena where you can fight waves of enemies but theres no sign of the so promised Arguls Tomb[/QUOTE]

Argul's Tomb won't be out until approximately 30 days after release.

Anyway, woke up to find my Sleeping Dogs key waiting for me so all is well for now. To be fair to GMG, I've pre-ordered several times from them and this is the first time I have not had my key in time to download a game as soon as it was unlocked. If they screw up Borderlands 2 however, I will not be so forgiving. :D

[quote name='inm8num2']Well goody, I just checked out with Witcher 2 for $12.79 after discount. I checked to use my $12 trade in credit so that the net cost would be $0.79, but it looks like that wasn't applied and I was charged the full $12.79. I submitted a help request and hope to hear back from them soon.

Do you guys think I can get a $12 refund onto my credit card in exchange for the $12 credit in my account? How good and how quick/responsive is their customer service?

Should I have my credit card provider dispute the transaction, just in case?

I haven't downloaded the game or viewed my keys on the site, but I see the GOG code is included in the confirmation email. So, I know a full refund is not possible but that's not what I want. Just to exchange my trade-in credit for that same amount charged to my credit card. Not sure why it didn't go through. I'm quite confident I checked it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='inm8num2']Just to follow up - I received a response this morning from GMG. They said they can't amend a completed purchase, and they can't do a refund since there was a key provided in the email. They did offer to add a credit to my account as a gesture of good will, which is very nice of them.

Hmm, I would really prefer to have the funds charged back to my credit card, since I don't foresee too many purchases at GMG. But, it's quite better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

Okay, now I'm upset. Here was the first customer service response from GMG:

[quote name='Green Man Gaming']I am sorry to hear that you have missed the opportunity to use your credit on the Basket page. Unfortunately I am not able to retroactively amend payments once they have been completed nor can I refund this purchase as we have given you the activation key. However I can add the difference as a good will gesture into your GMG account for use on any future purchase.
Can I add the credit for you?[/quote]

There he clearly stated he'd add THE difference, being $12, to my account. Then today I receive this:

[quote name='Green Man Gaming']Sorry that I was not clear before, I ment to state that I will add extra credit into your account which I have done. Its not a full $12, but it was enough to make a difference.[/quote]

He added $5 to the account, not $12. Now I'm strongly tempted to dispute the transaction because GMG has committed two errors.

1 - they didn't apply my credit to the order when I clearly checked that option
2 - they misled me regarding how they would solve the issue, and their solution is not satisfactory given that the initial problem is on their end

Not sure if I should email back or just call the CC company. It's not about the $7 so much as it is the principle.

[quote name='inm8num2']Okay, now I'm upset. Here was the first customer service response from GMG:

There he clearly stated he'd add THE difference, being $12, to my account. Then today I receive this:

He added $5 to the account, not $12. Now I'm strongly tempted to dispute the transaction because GMG has committed two errors.

1 - they didn't apply my credit to the order when I clearly checked that option
2 - they misled me regarding how they would solve the issue, and their solution is not satisfactory given that the initial problem is on their end

Not sure if I should email back or just call the CC company. It's not about the $7 so much as it is the principle.[/QUOTE]

You can do what you want, just so long you don't actually use the witcher or play it.

You really can't prove you checked the use credit option or that it was a glitch on their part (though there is the likelihood that it was) and misleading is a strong word for what's likely something lost in translation. I don't think they really meant to mislead you, they just probably don't get what some terms mean.

You might want to email them and tell them you will file a chargeback if you don't get the full $12 credited to your account.

On the otherhand, you paid your money and got your game, you still have your credit in your account in the full amount and you have $5 extra credit in your account, so personally I'd be fine with it, but if the principle is that great to you just keep it honest and you have nothing to worry about.

I already picked up my one copy from GMG for $7.20 so I can't buy a second copy.

Does an awesome CAG want to pick up Tower Wars with the 20% code for $7.20 and I can pay them back?

[quote name='rybrad']OP updated, here are the links:

Greed: Black Border FREE for 24 hours only
Rulers of Nations $9.99

Site will obviously be slow today so just be patient when trying to get the free game.
[/QUOTE]

Turns out I already own Greed : Black Border on Steam. Must be from an indie bundle because I certainly don't think I'd intentionally have bought it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']...misleading is a strong word for what's likely something lost in translation. I don't think they really meant to mislead you, they just probably don't get what some terms mean.[/quote]

I disagree with this strongly. Telling me they'll credit "THE difference", then later saying they meant something else, IS misleading.

On the otherhand, you paid your money and got your game, you still have your credit in your account in the full amount and you have $5 extra credit in your account, so personally I'd be fine with it, but if the principle is that great to you just keep it honest and you have nothing to worry about.
Well now I've been subject to two errors on GMG's part. What kind of precedent for customer service does that set where they don't complete a transaction properly, then they don't correct it?

[quote name='Decker']Turns out I already own Greed : Black Border on Steam. Must be from an indie bundle because I certainly don't think I'd intentionally have bought it.[/QUOTE]

Indie Gala 3. Also with Trapped Dead & Future Wars. BTA: Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heros, Twin Sector, Flatout, & Gear Grinder.

[quote name='inm8num2']I disagree with this strongly. Telling me they'll credit "THE difference", then later saying they meant something else, IS misleading.

Well now I've been subject to two errors on GMG's part. What kind of precedent for customer service does that set where they don't complete a transaction properly, then they don't correct it?[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to make you feel guilty at all. You sound like an honest guy dissapointed with your experience. You thought you were authorizing the use of credit and a small charge on your CC and they didn't do that. Their customer service is not the best as I assume companies like Amazon would just refund you entirely or do something above and beyond that. So I apologize if anything I said inferred anything like that. I am not the chargeback police or in a place to judge anyone.

Honestly, my issue is not with your situation, but with people who seem to have the mentality that "everything is done my way or anyone else is wrong" and abuse policies like that. I don't think you are one of those people.

I just look at it from GMG's perspective too. They have a customer who is claiming they tried to use credit for a transaction and it didn't apply. They have no way of knowing whether that is true or not. They do make an effort to remedy the situation. From my perspective, this is a company who any credit I have ever had with them has been free. Meaning they gave me a free game and then allowed me to trade it in for monetary value. So I personally am more lenient in these type of situations.

Yea I understand your perspective and appreciate you trusting in my honesty about this.

I'll probably respond through the customer service page once more, and maybe they'll adjust the applied credit. I don't want to do a chargeback or cause any problems, but I just don't feel like they've treated me completely fairly.

I would dispute it. They charged my card for an unauthorized amount. The logic is purely based on - the invoice said it was a $.79 purchase, and when I looked at my credit card, it was $12.79.
The credit card does not care about buttons being checked. It is all about the "authorized" amount.

This should be a very easy dispute.

As to GMG - they are claiming you "missed the option." If I would choose to fight with them (Probably near pointless) I would argue that I did not miss anything. I very much aware of how to use my credit, and I did everything correctly to do so. Hence, the loss of my credit...

^ Thanks.

Right now I'm trying to write back in a way that is polite but also points out the clear issue that was nicely stated above. The checkout page said one amount to be charged, in reality it was another.

As it stands I was charged $12 extra, but they added $5 credit to my account. I'm still down $7, and I would have appreciated a credit applied to my card. I don't fully believe them when they say they can't do a credit transaction to a card. If they have the card info it should be quite possible.

I suppose it's worth one more shot with GMG, then I may have to dispute. My only concern there is that I don't want to be in hot water with GMG or have my account flagged for any reason in the future, as I could foresee making a purchase there in the future.

With all the issues going on right now with keys being issued for other games (Darksiders, Sleeping Dogs), I'm guessing that my support ticket is definitely a low priority. Plus, without a screenshot all I have is my word, and all they have is the final value of the transaction.

[quote name='inm8num2']^ Thanks.

Right now I'm trying to write back in a way that is polite but also points out the clear issue that was nicely stated above. The checkout page said one amount to be charged, in reality it was another.

As it stands I was charged $12 extra, but they added $5 credit to my account. I'm still down $7, and I would have appreciated a credit applied to my card. I don't fully believe them when they say they can't do a credit transaction to a card. If they have the card info it should be quite possible.

I suppose it's worth one more shot with GMG, then I may have to dispute. My only concern there is that I don't want to be in hot water with GMG or have my account flagged for any reason in the future, as I could foresee making a purchase there in the future.

With all the issues going on right now with keys being issued for other games (Darksiders, Sleeping Dogs), I'm guessing that my support ticket is definitely a low priority. Plus, without a screenshot all I have is my word, and all they have is the final value of the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Just be stern with them. Email them and tell them what you want done:

You want the transaction refunded in full because you did not authorize the account. You do not care about the credit as what worries you is being charged more on your card than you expected. You do want the game and you want it with your $12 applied as credit and with the remainder charged to your card. You appreciate what they are doing, but you are not satisfied and you will have no choice but to file a chargeback and reconsider future purchases if they do not remedy the situation to your satisfaction.

You can be stern, but nice. Honestly if they flag your account for something like this, then they probably aren't a company you'd want to give your business to anyways.

Cool, got Sleeping Dogs for $36! After seeing/reading reviews I got pretty hyped to try this game out. Been itching for a decent game like this for a while so hopefully I'll enjoy when I get to try it out later.

If you feel customer service isn't doing their job, you can always post on the GMG forums. In my experience it seems that things get corrected pretty fast when people start publicly bitching on their forums.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just be stern with them. Email them and tell them what you want done:

You want the transaction refunded in full because you did not authorize the account. You do not care about the credit as what worries you is being charged more on your card than you expected. You do want the game and you want it with your $12 applied as credit and with the remainder charged to your card. You appreciate what they are doing, but you are not satisfied and you will have no choice but to file a chargeback and reconsider future purchases if they do not remedy the situation to your satisfaction.

You can be stern, but nice. Honestly if they flag your account for something like this, then they probably aren't a company you'd want to give your business to anyways.[/QUOTE]

I am glad we can agree that chargebacks are an appropriate solution with a merchant that seems unwilling or unable to rectify a problem the merchant created.

Unfortunately due to the limitations of forum conversations, I think I could have been clearer in expressing what I was trying to say. Of course, first you must try to work out a solution with the merchant first before resulting to a chargeback. It makes more sense as usually the remedy is faster (the chargeback department can put you on hold for a long time). Also, it ends up costing the merchant a lot less. Finally, a most importantly, from my experience most credit card companies first question will be: have you tried to resolve this issue with the merchant first? and bounce your call if you do not have a detailed affirmation.

I congradulate CheapLikeAFox for volunteering his time to walk-through another member of this forum in resolving a customer dispute. Where we may differ is how soon you want to pull the chargeback trigger. Personally, I would be talking to my credit card company now since GMG doesnt even offer a NA telephone number yet targets the NA market, but CheapLikeAFox does raise great points about the value of continuing vendor relationship with GMG, the value of the additional credit, etc. After all, the trade-in credit was never used and you got $5 more trade-in credit for the future, so arguably depending on if the trade in credit = real money for buying future games you want, you profited from GMGs mistake.

I also think its important note how much value a vendor like Amazon provides by having superior customer service, immediate telephone support, and a proactive community rep to address these issues.

Thanks to you guys for sharing your experiences with GMG, it will definitely impact my future purchasing decisions. I certainly will be very careful to confirm trade-in credit is being applied and very cautious if I ever am excited enough about a game to want it as a pre-order!

I sent another message earlier today conveying what you guys have advised regarding the issue of my card being charged more than I authorized. I hate to do this and hope I don't come out like a jerk to them, but I feel that it's important to let a vendor know when they made a mistake. If they don't fully acknowledge or fix that mistake, and I were to do nothing, it sets a low standard for how businesses treat customers.

This is coming from someone who has worked in customer service and retail. I always try to be nice with people in person, on the phone, through e-mail, etc. because I know they're just trying to do their job. The customer service rep at GMG is likely following instructions from a manager, so I wouldn't want to come off as harsh at all towards him.

If I still don't get credited the full $12 of the error, I'll sadly have to contact my CC company. At that point what happens? Do I have to provide them documentation or screenshots? What happens to the game I bought (it's a retail code I haven't redeemed yet)? I want to keep the game, just at the price I thought I was paying for it.

[quote name='inm8num2']I sent another message earlier today conveying what you guys have advised regarding the issue of my card being charged more than I authorized. I hate to do this and hope I don't come out like a jerk to them, but I feel that it's important to let a vendor know when they made a mistake. If they don't fully acknowledge or fix that mistake, and I were to do nothing, it sets a low standard for how businesses treat customers.

This is coming from someone who has worked in customer service and retail. I always try to be nice with people in person, on the phone, through e-mail, etc. because I know they're just trying to do their job. The customer service rep at GMG is likely following instructions from a manager, so I wouldn't want to come off as harsh at all towards him.

If I still don't get credited the full $12 of the error, I'll sadly have to contact my CC company. At that point what happens? Do I have to provide them documentation or screenshots? What happens to the game I bought (it's a retail code I haven't redeemed yet)? I want to keep the game, just at the price I thought I was paying for it.[/QUOTE]

Chargebacks are really a whole-or-nothing approach. Your options are probably either getting a refund/chargeback but losing access to the game somehow or will getting to keep the game with whatever you have gotten from the merchant. So make sure you know what you want before contacting the cc company.

From personal experience, you will end up with a CSR rep who will ask you why you want to chargeback the purchase. Explain the situation, especially that you didnt authorize the amount, and that you tried to contact the merchant to resolve the issue but even though they responded they failed to refund your money. Have screenshots of the emails ready to go but I doubt the cc CSR will ask for them. Volunteer only information required to get you to your request, but be ready to answer any questions for additional information candidly.

Sometimes that has been enough. I guess different cc companies have different problems plus some merchants probably have a worse reputation than others. If not, the cc CSR may ask to put you on hold and they will initiate a teleconference between you, the cc CSR, and the merchant csr. You may be asked to update the merchant csr or the cc csr will sum up what you said. After that, respond as appropriate and ask again, politely, for a refund or a chargeback. Usually at this point the merchant will offer to refund. Ask how long it will take. If the merchant agrees to refund the purchase, ask the cc csr to note what the merchant promised in in your account and that the file should remain open in case the merchant does not refund the account, to speed up the chargeback process.

If the cc csr sides with the merchant before contacting the merchant, you can state that you want it put in your records that the reason for your possible future cancellation of the cc was that you felt the chargeback decision was erroneous and you will be looking to take your business else in the future. That may get a more favorable reconsideration but probably not. Overall in my experience, generally the chargeback CSRs are more inclined to side with companys customers than the merchants. After the merchant and the cc csrs hash everything out, however, it is more difficult to get a reconsideration and an appropriate response depends on the situation.

This may be overkill but you may want to glance at summary of chargeback rules on the link I posted before, provided by the state of California. It will give you an idea of how you want to frame your request so that it falls within one of the reasons valid for a chargeback. You may also want to look at any additional purchaser protection not provided by law but offered from your cc company, which can generally be found on their websites. Things like purchasing protection, $0 liability protection, etc. You can then turn to these rules (legal or company) if there is any confusion on the cc CSR part. But since the amount is so little, you may not want to bother however.

Key to all this is keeping that general attitude of understanding the hard working customer service representatives jobs and always being polite and respectful, yet firm when necessary.

Good luck!

^ Thanks for the detailed information. I feel a bit odd having these discussions, as I didn't anticipate this when making a simple purchase on the web.

The funny thing is I don't want any extra compensation given to me. I just want them to take $12 from my GMG account instead of from my credit card. If they truly can't issue a $12 credit to my CC, then the next best thing is a $12 credit to my GMG account.

I did peruse the chargeback rules you posted earlier, but perhaps if this goes that route I'll read in more detail. I really don't want it to come to that. Honestly, I might just forget about it. Really not worth the trouble, but as I mentioned before I'm a bit uncomfortable with how GMG communicated with me, guaranteeing a certain credit to be issued then later saying, "Oops, we didn't mean the difference."

The digital game purchase heard throughout the world! *facepalm*

You know, I've never gotten one of those vouchers after purchasing. Nothing shows up in my keys section and when I complete check out for a free game I always get the "you already own this game" error. So yes, I get the game, but not the voucher.

And it would really annoy me but... GMG has had such great promotions lately that it's hard to stay mad at them. Not to mention I won Arkham City from them last summer and just won Dawnguard today. So while I was hoping to buy something at 20% off this weekend, I guess I can't really be upset.

I did a support ticket today on my missing Greed: BB voucher and they emailed me a voucher code soon after. Just in case anyone here failed to receive it but wants it.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I did a support ticket today on my missing Greed: BB voucher and they emailed me a voucher code soon after. Just in case anyone here failed to receive it but wants it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, there was a voucher given for getting the free Greed? Of course I didn't get it. I never get their vouchers for the free games. Always had problems with it.

I submitted a support ticket last two times and they never did get me one though they did finally issue that Cuzudidntget1 code and let me know about it.

I don't think I will fuss with reporting it this time. There's nothing I want that bad right now really and I think they still have an outstanding general use code that I haven't used yet.

I have always had a voucher code in my order confirmation emails (towards the bottom).

For example with the free Greed Game:

Vouchers
You have the following vouchers to use:
Name Code Expiry
Don't be GREEDy 2012-08-31 20:50:56

After all of the activation jargon. Of course it does also mention that it should be in the keys section as well, so I'm assuming there's a problem on their end.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Not sure if this was already mentioned, but I believe to have found a gem that's on sale right now for $2.49 (75% off) called Experiment 112. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ohh...nice find! Looks interesting even though I'm not that into adventure games. You should post this on the GG thread to let others know. :applause:

[quote name='warreni']I'm plugging this as it's one of the best ARPGs I've played in a while. Here is my recommendation.[/QUOTE]

nice writeup on the game.

DERHE-RRDER-RINGE promo code found by someone in the Steam thread knocks LotR down to $4.00.

Unfortunately, I cannot get my CC's or paypal through on GMG today. Been wanting the game for a while, too. So I suppose if anyone didn't want it for themselves and wouldn't mind helping me out for paypal reimbursement, I would appreciate it.

Ah, I see where vouchers would be under GMG->MyAccount->Keys nothing. Greed:BB is in my Games tab. Oddly I never received an email from GMG for my Greed:BB $0 purchase. I can't only find GMG emails with non-zero dollar purchases.

I used to get vouchers, but for Greed and the last free game they have gone away. But both times I got the error message you already own game when I tried to order (when I did not). I think in the future I will wait to get the free game later in the day. I think when their servers are flooded it increases the likelihood of the site not working properly.

[quote name='warreni']I'm plugging this as it's one of the best ARPGs I've played in a while. Here is my recommendation.[/QUOTE]
I only played co-op so I can't speak to single player but I had a great time playing this game with my friends, easily worth $5.

LoTR is fantastic. If it wasn't for a severe backlog and the fact that I've already played it on the consoles, I would definitely pick this up. Its good single player (that's how I played it) but I heard even better co-op.

Completely agree,

I played this game on Xbox 360 and though this is not the best ARPG in my experience I had enjoyable time with it. At $4.99 it was totally worth it to pick it up in my Steam library if I want to replay it on the PC with better graphics. Would you recommend Gamepad or Kb&M combo for this game on PC?

[quote name='netscorer']Completely agree,

I played this game on Xbox 360 and though this is not the best ARPG in my experience I had enjoyable time with it. At $4.99 it was totally worth it to pick it up in my Steam library if I want to replay it on the PC with better graphics. Would you recommend Gamepad or Kb&M combo for this game on PC?[/QUOTE]
Kb/M was my preference. However, I am primarily a PC gamer (only play exclusives on my consoles) so I only use a gamepad for games that really benefit from it like racing or combo-driven games. The only exception to that is if the PC controls are just plain bad and that is not the case with LotR.

[quote name='inm8num2']^ Thanks for the detailed information. I feel a bit odd having these discussions, as I didn't anticipate this when making a simple purchase on the web.

The funny thing is I don't want any extra compensation given to me. I just want them to take $12 from my GMG account instead of from my credit card. If they truly can't issue a $12 credit to my CC, then the next best thing is a $12 credit to my GMG account.

I did peruse the chargeback rules you posted earlier, but perhaps if this goes that route I'll read in more detail. I really don't want it to come to that. Honestly, I might just forget about it. Really not worth the trouble, but as I mentioned before I'm a bit uncomfortable with how GMG communicated with me, guaranteeing a certain credit to be issued then later saying, "Oops, we didn't mean the difference."

The digital game purchase heard throughout the world! *facepalm*[/QUOTE]

Well, at the end of my tale I'm glad to say GMG credited me the full amount of the error in the transaction. I told them I appreciated the help so far but felt that it was appropriate to fully adjust since I hadn't authorized the larger amount to be charged to my card. I mentioned that I didn't want to do a chargeback, but if GMG didn't fully amend the payment I may have had no choice. Apparently that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I didn't mean to do it in any threatening way and hope the CS rep didn't perceive it as such.

Anyway, happy ending for those of you who were following this intriguing tale.

[quote name='inm8num2']Well, at the end of my tale I'm glad to say GMG credited me the full amount of the error in the transaction. I told them I appreciated the help so far but felt that it was appropriate to fully adjust since I hadn't authorized the larger amount to be charged to my card. I mentioned that I didn't want to do a chargeback, but if GMG didn't fully amend the payment I may have had no choice. Apparently that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I didn't mean to do it in any threatening way and hope the CS rep didn't perceive it as such.

Anyway, happy ending for those of you who were following this intriguing tale.[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out for you!

bread's done
Back