Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='warreni']I'm plugging this as it's one of the best ARPGs I've played in a while. Here is my recommendation.[/QUOTE]
This. I did ran into a gaming breaking bug though when playing on :ps3:, took me days to get around that. But that aside, awesome awesome game for co op.

Is DERHE-RRDER-RINGE a one time coupon? Would like to purchase 2 games with this, but if it only works on one, I may have a tough decision.

[quote name='Xiemos']Is DERHE-RRDER-RINGE a one time coupon? Would like to purchase 2 games with this, but if it only works on one, I may have a tough decision.[/QUOTE]
I think you can use it twice and I would verify it, but I don't have a second game I want to buy. I just went to the cart with another game after purchasing LOTR and it let me apply the same coupon. I think it should work, but if not you should just buy the more important/expensive game first.

[quote name='randomdud']I think you can use it twice and I would verify it, but I don't have a second game I want to buy. I just went to the cart with another game after purchasing LOTR and it let me apply the same coupon. I think it should work, but if not you should just buy the more important/expensive game first.[/QUOTE]

Were you logged in?

[quote name='inm8num2']Hmm Witcher 2 code that GMG provided doesn't work at GOG's gift redemption page.[/QUOTE]

You might have to follow their instructions to request a working key. My amazon key for Witcher 1 didn't work either so I had to print out a copy of my invoice from amazon and scan and email it to them. Instructions should be somewhere on the GOG site.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Were you logged in?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was logged in. Also, it seems like this voucher is only time-limited from a post I saw somewhere & the fact that the voucher image on GreenManGaming only mentions the end date for the promotion.

I just checked again and it let me apply the coupon to a preorder of BL2 when I've already logged in and used that same code for LOTR. Already activated the LOTR key on Steam, so I think you should be safe to try for 2 games.

20-off-with-voucher-derhe-rrder-ringe.jpg

I already picked up my one copy of War in the North but would love to have a second. In the off chance there is a CAG that was not getting one for themselves I would really appreciate it if you picked one up for me and I sent you the $4 Paypal!

(This is the second time I have had this request in like a week, Tower Wars I am looking at you. I really wish GMG would at least allow 2 titles like others.

Got it, thanks inm8num2!

[quote name='randomdud']Yeah, I was logged in. Also, it seems like this voucher is only time-limited from a post I saw somewhere & the fact that the voucher image on GreenManGaming only mentions the end date for the promotion.

I just checked again and it let me apply the coupon to a preorder of BL2 when I've already logged in and used that same code for LOTR. Already activated the LOTR key on Steam, so I think you should be safe to try for 2 games.

20-off-with-voucher-derhe-rrder-ringe.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming! There are a couple of cheapies I might just break down and buy then.

Bit on LOTR after watching some youtube footage. Thanks for the heads up guys. I wanna get BL2 and Sleeping Dogs but judging from the preorder deals I have a feeling they will drop in price soon after release.

So I'm not the only one who can't get an order through. GMG is so finnicky when it comes to order processing. None of my credit cards, or debit card, or paypal is going through.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']This might be a stupid question, but does War in the North need Capsule to be running or can you just take the code and redeem it on Steam?[/QUOTE]
It is Steamworks which means you have to register it on Steam.

[quote name='rybrad']It is Steamworks which means you have to register it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I know, I am just wondering if GMG Capsule needs to be running at all in order to play it through Steam. I'm guessing not but just want to be sure, never know with this stuff.

Thank you! I might as well just trade in my stuff and get it for free, they don't seem to have things this cheap usually- maybe I'm just not paying attention.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I know, I am just wondering if GMG Capsule needs to be running at all in order to play it through Steam. I'm guessing not but just want to be sure, never know with this stuff.[/QUOTE]
If a game is Steamworks it uses Steam and Steam only. Buying a Steamworks key is, for all intents and purposes, the exact same as purchasing from Steam directly in terms of the end product. So no, you will not use Capsule in any way for LotR.

[quote name='plasmid123']So I'm not the only one who can't get an order through. GMG is so finnicky when it comes to order processing. None of my credit cards, or debit card, or paypal is going through.[/QUOTE]

I had random processing problem this morning. Called my credit union, wasn't them, tried again 20 min later, worked. >.>

[quote name='Trelow']They trip my banks fraud detection quite often.[/QUOTE]
I just wanna know why European stuff triggers fraud alerts all the time, but buying from China doesn't.

[quote name='asheskitty']

I just wanna know why European stuff triggers fraud alerts all the time, but buying from China doesn't.[/QUOTE]

hmm.. because the banks owe more money to China? :lol:

[quote name='asheskitty']
I just wanna know why European stuff triggers fraud alerts all the time, but buying from China doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Are you actually getting credit card charges directly from China? I mean not just buying goods made in China, because let's face it that's everything, I am talking about the credit card company is literally being billed from some company in China?

The issue really isn't Europe or China or whatever but that a charge from a completely different country is suspect, particularly if you were say, just using the card for something else locally. It's just a security protection in place to foil credit card thieves. And when I say credit card thieves it's all very high tech now and they don't even need your actual card to get your info.

I've had it happen to me and several other people I know when a local restaurant was found that someone grabbed all the credit card #s from their customers and apparently made fade cards and distributed them all over. I had one charge come in San Francisco and a friend had one in Florida, neither which are places we live anywhere near. Luckily the credit card company didn't approve the charges and called let us know.

Anyway TL;DR it sucks when a legitimate purchase gets turned down but international charges often get flagged for your protection.

I think the deal is over. :(

[quote name='Lemarfanz']...pretty new to GMG...any reason why my LotR War in the North is coming up at 19.99...15.99 after the voucher?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pottering']Unity of Command 50% again! Yay! How I regretted missing the sale the first time.[/QUOTE]
I think you are confusing Gamersgate with Green Man Gaming.

I ended up grabbing the Goblins trilogy for 99 cents after using the discount code. Super old school adventure game but kind of cute if you are into adventure games. Runs fine on Win 7 64 but don't expect it to run at a high resolution. They have a really thorough PDF hint book that comes with it which is nice.

If it ends up being anything like High School Dreams it will probably have a $2.50 trade in value once it goes off sale.

@Motoki (and others)...
You missed one! Revenge of the Bitch
Please note that this game contains adult content including strong language, intense cartoon violence, fantasy violence, mild realistic violence, animated bloodshed, brief nudity, suggestive themes, crass humour, alcohol use, tobacco and drug references.

...maybe this post belongs in the steam thread...

[quote name='Motoki']I ended up grabbing the Goblins trilogy for 99 cents .... If it ends up being anything like High School Dreams it will probably have a $2.50 trade in value once it goes off sale.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, good point

[quote name='Motoki']I ended up grabbing the Goblins trilogy for 99 cents after using the discount code. Super old school adventure game but kind of cute if you are into adventure games. Runs fine on Win 7 64 but don't expect it to run at a high resolution. They have a really thorough PDF hint book that comes with it which is nice.

If it ends up being anything like High School Dreams it will probably have a $2.50 trade in value once it goes off sale.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the Gobliiins Trilogy that is also in this Amazon pack? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008VH6FQW/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

I picked up Sleeping Dogs for $36. I love this site, it has saved me so much money on PC games.

I had low expectations for Sleeping Dogs but I am enjoying it a lot so far. Thank god it got a name change because this game is better than having to share the same name as those two crap True Crime games.

Hey guys, who wants a 25% off voucher? After a long conversation with their customer support regarding paying with paypal and my inability to buy games from them they gave me the voucher. It isn't tied to my account btw.

Also, for the one who wants the voucher, could I ask for a little "tip"?, 15 cents via paypal lol, I'm trying to do a trade but I'm 15 cents short, anyway it is not an obligation, so the first post quoting me gets it.

gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cobolatrix']Hey guys, who wants a 25% off voucher? After a long conversation with their customer support regarding paying with paypal and my inability to buy games from them they gave me the voucher. It isn't tied to my account btw.

Also, for the one who wants the voucher, could I ask for a little "tip"?, 15 cents via paypal lol, I'm trying to do a trade but I'm 15 cents short, anyway it is not an obligation, so the first post quoting me gets it.[/QUOTE]
I'd like the voucher.

Nothing much in the DotEmu excites me enough for $10. Most of the games of interest I played back in the day. Nice to be able to pickup a-la-carte cheap.

[quote name='asheskitty']Nothing much in the DotEmu excites me enough for $10. Most of the games of interest I played back in the day. Nice to be able to pickup a-la-carte cheap.[/QUOTE]
I've heard of some of the games, but never played most of them. It looks like it will take a fairly long time to play some of the included titles like the Silmarils Collection (16 games of various genres in the same universe, apparently) or just be able to pick up and play over and over again with the Irem Arcade Hits bundle. I think it's a pretty nice price for the amount of games they're including, but being able to pick and choose, while also being able to trade in is definitely not a bad alternative; However, I'm just not patient enough to wait for the main items I'm interested in to go on sale. :lol:

bread's done
Back