Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']what are the chances of getting a refund for darksiders 2? the fucking game crash all the time, full of bugs![/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I've had no crashes over 25+ hours so I guess I've been lucky.

Anyway, GMG now has Dishonored available for pre-order for $48 after the voucher and it is Steamworks. Interested in the game but I think I'll hold out and see if a better deal pops up.

[quote name='Killbomb']Sorry to hear that. I've had no crashes over 25+ hours so I guess I've been lucky.

Anyway, GMG now has Dishonored available for pre-order for $48 after the voucher and it is Steamworks. Interested in the game but I think I'll hold out and see if a better deal pops up.[/QUOTE]
Nice, picked up Dishonored and added it to the OP. Now just need GMG to get XCOM and I will be set on games I wanted to buy for the year.

The description for NA Guild Wars 2 preorders now says:

PURCHASES ON OR AFTER 17TH AUGUST WILL NOT INCLUDE THE 3 DAY EARLY ACCESS OR ACCESS TO BETA WEEKENDS!
ACTIVATION KEYS WILL BE SENT OUT IN TIME FOR THE RELEASE DATE OF 28TH AUGUST 2012!
KEYS ARE REGISTERED AT: https://register.guildwars2.com/

Previously it said all purchases on or after August 8th. Does this mean all preorders from the 8th to the 16th will get the bonuses? Anyone know?

[quote name='Ceron']The description for NA Guild Wars 2 preorders now says:

Previously it said all purchases on or after August 8th. Does this mean all preorders from the 8th to the 16th will get the bonuses? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone received their Guild Wars 2 code? Or does anyone know how we will receive it? Email or through the site?

[quote name='Slixshot']Has anyone received their Guild Wars 2 code? Or does anyone know how we will receive it? Email or through the site?[/QUOTE]
You will get an email but oftentimes you can get it on the site before the email. I would just periodically check in the "Your Keys" section to see if it is available. You can also watch their forums, people are constantly bitching about discussing every little thing so I am sure the second they are available someone will be posting.

Dark Souls keys are on your keys page for anyone who ordered it. Emails haven't gone out yet but keys are available on the site.

I'm assuming that the 20% off code will work for games other than pre orders right? Really want to buy Dark Souls; I thought I could wait...but apparently I'm masochistic. Kinda want to wait for 2-3 review before I buy...wouldn't want to buy a game that is nearly unplayable do to bad port.

[quote name='rbanke']Did something change with Sleeping Dogs? The voucher on the OP only brings it to $40.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it had a 10% discount on the base price earlier as part of the launch pricing. Will update OP.

[quote name='dejeckt']I'm assuming that the 20% off code will work for games other than pre orders right? Really want to buy Dark Souls; I thought I could wait...but apparently I'm masochistic. Kinda want to wait for 2-3 review before I buy...wouldn't want to buy a game that is nearly unplayable do to bad port.[/QUOTE]
Yea works on all games. Make sure and check out http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240 to make it more tolerable.

Finally bit on Borderlands 2. I missed out last time it was marked down because I kept telling myself I would wait for a GOTY edition. I eventually realized I had too much fun with the first one and I don't think I would be able to wait much after launch. $40 is a hell of a deal for day one release anyways

[quote name='rybrad']
Yea works on all games. Make sure and check out http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240 to make it more tolerable.[/QUOTE]

I caved and just bought it :). IMHO not worth it yet. However Durante's mod is amazing. Wanting to post my results on Neogaf, but an admin has to approve my membership. I got the fix running, it first had some issues though. My monitor max resolution is 1680x1050. Initially the fix only used a quarter of the screen, but then I turned motion blur and antialiasing off and it works now.
In Game Screenshots at 1680x1050
I think this is a problem on my end, but the color seems a bit off. Also, the hint messages aren't showing (in my screen shot).
I forgot to take screenshots before the fix...but it wasn't pretty.

I ran into another problem which was getting DS to recognize my wired 360 controller, then I used Darksiders fix by copying and pasting dinput8.dll and it works now.
*edit* Last screenshot 1680x1050

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dejeckt']I caved and just bought it :). IMHO not worth it yet. However Durante's mod is amazing. Wanting to post my results on Neogaf, but an admin has to approve my membership. I got the fix running, it first had some issues though. My monitor max resolution is 1680x1050. Initially the fix only used a quarter of the screen, but then I turned motion blur and antialiasing off and it works now.
In Game Screenshots at 1680x1050
I think this is a problem on my end, but the color seems a bit off. Also, the hint messages aren't showing (in my screen shot).
I forgot to take screenshots before the fix...but it wasn't pretty.

I ran into another problem which was getting DS to recognize my wired 360 controller, then I used Darksiders fix by copying and pasting dinput8.dll and it works now.
*edit* Last screenshot 1680x1050[/QUOTE]
The hint messages (button prompts do the same thing) not showing is because of the mod. Keep an eye on that thread as there should be a fix today.

[quote name='deletion']really itching to buy sleeping dogs, just played through the demo and want more of it!![/QUOTE]
Oh sweet, didn't know they had a demo out now, will have to check it out. I really want to reward SE for pushing a good PC port but am not sure if I will like the game or not, so a demo is great news.

Oh hey, new code from PC Gamer for 30% off Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders 2:
GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deletion']really itching to buy sleeping dogs, just played through the demo and want more of it!![/QUOTE]

Forgot there was a demo, just installed it. Wow, the game is great so far.

I spent 39 hours on Sleeping Dogs, best 2012 game I've played so far. I've read comments that the demo isn't a great representation of the game, don't know if that's true.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I spent 39 hours on Sleeping Dogs, best 2012 game I've played so far. I've read comments that the demo isn't a great representation of the game, don't know if that's true.[/QUOTE]

I've spent 21 hours on Sleeping Dogs and 45 on Darksiders II. Sleeping Dogs is definitely the better PC port but I wouldn't put it at the top of my 2012 list. SD might rank in the top 5 but DS II is definitely in the top 3 so far.

Guess Dark Souls lived up its advance billing of worst PC port ever. :D

[quote name='sittinghawk3']If you want a refund for a digital preorder, do you have to call them? or is there a specific way to go about it.[/QUOTE]
Fill out a support ticket on their site.

[quote name='Killbomb']I've spent 21 hours on Sleeping Dogs and 45 on Darksiders II. Sleeping Dogs is definitely the better PC port but I wouldn't put it at the top of my 2012 list. SD might rank in the top 5 but DS II is definitely in the top 3 so far.

Guess Dark Souls lived up its advance billing of worst PC port ever. :D[/QUOTE]
Darksiders 2 is good but it's glitchy, and it's not giving me a wow factor or fun factor that Sleeping Dogs did. At first Sleeping Dogs just seemed pretty good, but the more I played the more I grew to appreciate everything and wound up loving it. Working my way through DS2 now.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Darksiders 2 is good but it's glitchy, and it's not giving me a wow factor or fun factor that Sleeping Dogs did. At first Sleeping Dogs just seemed pretty good, but the more I played the more I grew to appreciate everything and wound up loving it. Working my way through DS2 now.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Darksiders 2 has its problems. I have to run an extra program to get Vsnyc to work, the controls have stopped working a handful of times after leaving the menu which required exiting and restarting the entire game to fix and I had 1 crash to desktop. The promised config file to tweak graphics setting being nowhere to be found is also a drag but I really enjoyed the game itself. I'm not a big fan of the new loot system but the setting and characters are much more my thing than Sleeping Dogs. They're both really good games though.

[quote name='Killbomb']I agree that Darksiders 2 has its problems. I have to run an extra program to get Vsnyc to work, the controls have stopped working a handful of times after leaving the menu which required exiting and restarting the entire game to fix and I had 1 crash to desktop. The promised config file to tweak graphics setting being nowhere to be found is also a drag but I really enjoyed the game itself. I'm not a big fan of the new loot system but the setting and characters are much more my thing than Sleeping Dogs. They're both really good games though.[/QUOTE]
I have to run both games in windowed mode, set things a specific way in Nvidia Inspector, run D3D Overrider with certain settings, and then on top of all of that a borderless windows utility... just to get these two games to play without a stutter effect. Crazy. But yeah if you can get them to smooth out they're both good games. I consider Sleeping Dogs truly great, Darksiders is just pretty good for now.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']If you want a refund for a digital preorder, do you have to call them? or is there a specific way to go about it.[/QUOTE]

Probably not enough time. I submitted a support ticket a few days ago, and it took nearly two days for them to respond.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have to run both games in windowed mode, set things a specific way in Nvidia Inspector, run D3D Overrider with certain settings, and then on top of all of that a borderless windows utility... just to get these two games to play without a stutter effect. Crazy. But yeah if you can get them to smooth out they're both good games. I consider Sleeping Dogs truly great, Darksiders is just pretty good for now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the. It sounds unpleasant (for near list pricing), hopefully they'll get around to fixing some of that by the time the price drops.

Another Indie Bundle Rehash Daily (The Journey Down -- Indie Royale Summer Bundle).

[quote name='asheskitty']Thanks for the. It sounds unpleasant (for near list pricing), hopefully they'll get around to fixing some of that by the time the price drops.
[/QUOTE]
They claim to be working on a patch to make the PC version better, I doubt they'll fix that stutter but it'd be nice if they did. I'm just glad I found a way to play it with a smooth framerate, I have the same stuttering problem but worse with Darksiders 1 and never found a fix. It's unplayable but I only spent $5 on it.

[quote name='rybrad']Dark Souls keys are on your keys page for anyone who ordered it. Emails haven't gone out yet but keys are available on the site.[/QUOTE]

I wish this was true, but I got nothing. I preordered the game on the 27th of last month and haven't heard a peep. Sent a ticket, just sucks I have to wait the weekend or longer to hear anything back.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I spent 39 hours on Sleeping Dogs, best 2012 game I've played so far. I've read comments that the demo isn't a great representation of the game, don't know if that's true.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the demo is just a couple missions of combat. Don't get to drive around and see the open world, which isn't too surprising for a demo, but you definitely don't get to see a whole lot of what the game has to offer.

Good price for Darksiders 2, but I'd wait until they fix the PC version. I haven't touched it since around release.

Sleeping dogs is awesome if you have a fairly beefy PC. Otherwise you'll have to turn down the settings or deal with some framerate issues. Otherwise its an open world game that plays fine, but looks amazing thanks to its setting mostly.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Don't forget to dl the high res texture pack.[/QUOTE]

had no idea. thanks! will check it out now!

After trying out the demo and seeing all the praise in this thread, broke and bought Sleeping Dogs (runs well enough on Medium settings). Most I've spent on a game in a while!

[quote name='Optical']If I preorder BL2 from them do I get the steam code right away or do I have to wait until September 18?[/QUOTE]
You will have to wait until they have keys which will probably be a couple days before release.

Been debating over GW2. $48 looks like the cheapest price right now but I wonder if it will be on sale for 50% off in a month or so like Secret World and Tera.

gw 2 is so fun :) really lots to do....last night I spent a couple hours just on the cooking skill which I was enjoying a bit too much...

[quote name='Killbomb']Been debating over GW2. $48 looks like the cheapest price right now but I wonder if it will be on sale for 50% off in a month or so like Secret World and Tera.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't count on a big sale like that anytime soon. Guild Wars is different from other MMOs in that it does not have a monthly subscription fee. Those other MMOs were being sold for dirt cheap in order to attract subscribers. While Arenanet will certainly want as many people as possible using their micro-transaction shop, the bulk of their revenue will be coming from copies sold like a "normal" game.

[quote name='rybrad']I wouldn't count on a big sale like that anytime soon. Guild Wars is different from other MMOs in that it does not have a monthly subscription fee. Those other MMOs were being sold for dirt cheap in order to attract subscribers. While Arenanet will certainly want as many people as possible using their micro-transaction shop, the bulk of their revenue will be coming from copies sold like a "normal" game.[/QUOTE]

Good points. It slipped my mind that it's free to play.

Anyway, decided I wanted GW2 only to find that GMG is now out of keys. Doubt they will have keys restocked in time to make use of the 20% code so I'll probably just get it from Amazon since it comes with a $5 credit there.

[quote name='Killbomb']Good points. It slipped my mind that it's free to play.

Anyway, decided I wanted GW2 only to find that GMG is now out of keys. Doubt they will have keys restocked in time to make use of the 20% code so I'll probably just get it from Amazon since it comes with a $5 credit there.[/QUOTE]
I bet they will have more keys Wednesday after the launch is over and that still leaves a couple days for the voucher to work. That being said, it is certainly fun enough to snag now on Amazon and start playing if you can ignore some of the issues they are having (guilds, trading post, overflow grouping, etc. are all busted to varying degrees).

dude, the voucher for $35 sleeping dogs was working 20 mins ago. i went and played the demo to see if i could run it and now the voucher is gone from the OP! WEAK

[quote name='vince_carter']dude, the voucher for $35 sleeping dogs was working 20 mins ago. i went and played the demo to see if i could run it and now the voucher is gone from the OP! WEAK[/QUOTE]
Well it is still good for a few minutes I believe but I will be gone for the night so I switched it (if not I always get people bitching about them not working). You can try it and see if it still works: GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS.

[quote name='rybrad']Well it is still good for a few minutes I believe but I will be gone for the night so I switched it (if not I always get people bitching about them not working). You can try it and see if it still works: GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. It worked. :cool:

bread's done
Back