Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='lolDragoon']Says Borderlands 2 is out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that went up until they get everyone's keys out. Now if they're out of stock and people that purchased yesterday got keys and preorders from months back are screwed then gmg has some splainin to do.

Wow, the day I get the funds back from my declined transaction (false fraud alert), they run out of stock. Unbelievably bad luck.

edit: Back in stock, purchased, and received key. Much better process this time!

Last edited by a moderator:
update on it being out of stock from twitter:

Green Man Gaming ‏@GreenManGaming
Users may be unable to buy Borderlands 2 for the next 15 mins - we want to change the oil, check brakes - due to the popularity of the deal

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']For me it's just looking at it from the outside knowing that first-come-first-served is the fairest way to handle things but yet people who ordered a month+ ago don't have keys while people who ordered a few days ago do and then if you order right now it'll spit-out a key immediately...etc.

It appears completely random despite whatever is actually going on. Surely there's a method to the madness but it appears slapdash from the outside looking in.[/QUOTE]
If I had to hazard a guess (based on anecdotal information of seeing what people post every time their is a pre-order and personal experience), I would say it appears they are doing last-in first-out on the keys so earliest pre-orders will be the last to receive them. There is also a discrepancy on time for keys between the NA and RoW version from them.

I have tried to puzzle out how this happens for awhile as it is the same way on every pre-order pretty much. As long as everyone gets their key in time to pre-load it is mostly irrelevant, but interesting nonetheless.

[quote name='rybrad'] As long as everyone gets their key in time to pre-load it is mostly irrelevant, but interesting nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel as well.

Perhaps the best way to put it would be had I awoken to a Steam key in my inbox rather than the same ole $36 email receipt then I would've already purchased the season pass from GMG if not some other games as well.

I'm not upset but rather simply discouraged from making additional (pre)purchases from GMG as the key distribution model appears to be so random.

Didn't like Borderlands, but then again the PC version was broken and the gameplay featured WAY too much hoofing it in boring, open landscapes.

It looks like they gave supreme love to the PC version, but did they change the latter?

Ordered on the 10th of september and no key as of yet. I don't really care when I get it as long as its sometime this weekend.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Got my key just now. But I only prepurchaed a few days ago though.[/QUOTE]

:( this saddens me! haha I preordered like 3 weeks ago, weirdo system

If they do indeed work backwards then I would hope that they'd have made it to the 10th by now. (not to mention the number of people saying that they pre-ordered in July/August and have their keys already)

Totally wonky random system.

Is GreenManGaming fucking up? Trying to buy dishonored through paypal and it's not working. I get to the paypal checkout and then it doesn't do anything. I bought sleeping dogs fine.

One of my friends pre-ordered the exact same day as me and still doesnt have his key. Definitely a weird system for distributing them.

Ordered Borderlands 2 on Sept 10, got the key this morning.

That being said, I was having trouble checking out games yesterday, and never had issues previously, I think their site is going through the motions as of late.

Preordered Borderlands 2 just now and received a key immediately after. Steam says the key is invalid I figure it takes a second for it to register.

Apparently it's pretty common for people in key limbo to cancel their earlier order and simply order again once the keys are instant.

Lots of opinions floating around in the Borderlands 2 key thread on the GMG forums. A few CAGs have already posted there and if you are interested in voicing your opinion you can go here. Your GMG account is automatically setup as a forum account so you don't need to make a separate account.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I'm trying to be nice and diplomatic but the keys should not be distributed this way period.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I pre-ordered August 4th and don't have a key yet. Not a huge deal at the moment but their system apparently needs an overhaul.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I'm trying to be nice and diplomatic but the keys should not be distributed this way period.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I read through most of the thread. Not sure why that guy said you were inflammatory. My real issue here is the attitude towards people who ordered early. I honestly don't give a shit about the key as long as it shows up before 9pm Monday night but when a business doesn't treat their customers how they should, it REALLY annoys me. This is probably more of a pet peeve because I run my own business and no matter how shitty it seems at times, I always try to make customer service a high priority.
[quote name='Killbomb']I agree. I pre-ordered August 4th and don't have a key yet. Not a huge deal at the moment but their system apparently needs an overhaul.[/QUOTE]
I agree with that sentiment. I am hoping that if people voice their opinions (tactfully, of course) they will realize this is something that needs to be addressed for the future.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I just want it fixed so that I can give them more money as $36 for Borderlands 2 is completely awesome.[/QUOTE]
GMG has always had really awesome deals, which is great, and they have really come a long way in the last year and a half since this thread began. Even when the price is the same somewhere else I prefer to buy from GMG because they have always done right by me.

Unfortunately, the technical issues on the last few releases have really marred their reputation with new and old buyers alike. I hope they can sort all of these issues out and keep people coming back so they keep doing awesome deals. Clear communication and improved customer service would go a long ways towards making them the definitive place to shop for great PC deals.

The GMG site is pretty unpredictable as well. Yesterday i couldnt order the THQ pack no matter what method i tried to pay with. Today i try for the B2 seasons pass and it finally let me with BillmeLater but not my bank account. Frakkin wierd, but glad i got the seasons pass for $22.50. Now only if it could get a discount for PS+ users as well thatd be great

If they run out of keys like they did with GW2 and the people who ordered months ago get screwed I'll never use them again.

Sounds like they're running out of keys.

@GreenManGaming
Users may be unable to buy Borderlands 2 for the next 15 mins - we want to change the oil, check brakes - due to the popularity of the deal

-their twitter

Uggh, they had better not run out of keys before Monday. I pre-ordered back in late August and I have nothing key wise yet. They have some great deals, hands down, but this is teaching me to not pre-order from them early anymore. How hard is it to set up a system where people who pre-ordered first get their key before late pre-orders?

It appears I'm the only one among my friends who got their key. Pretty odd considering three of us pre-ordered on the exact same day and another one pre-ordered like three days ago.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Dishonored preordered. Thanks again GMG.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for Dishonored. It looks so awesome. I'm going to wait a little longer though and see if they make it available at some point before launch for below $40. I assume you got it for $45 with the 25% off code? That is temping. Must. Hold. Out.

So I had B2 preordered at gamestop for PC cause i had a bunch of credit there, but this is too good a deal to pass up. Just ordered it and they gave me a key right away, but not with the Seasons pass yet. Weird that they honor later purchases before early adopters, thats a pretty crappy decision.

The crappy thing about this is that I ordered mine like four days ago and I got a key today, as opposed to people who have had it ordered for over a month and haven't gotten squat. I'd be mad too.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']The crappy thing about this is that I ordered mine like four days ago and I got a key today, as opposed to people who have had it ordered for over a month and haven't gotten squat. I'd be mad too.[/QUOTE]
GMG could have alleviated the majority of the worries if they would have just explained how their key sending process works (as in the order keys are sent), assure people they have enough keys and they should receive them by X time. By not communicating anything, people are going to assume this is another screwup like the last couple of games.

[quote name='etcrane']This site is legit? I've seen it before on here but just making sure from folks that have used it previously. Steam won't have problems with a UK key right? (Pretty sure I know this is true bc I bought Empire Total War from a UK site and registered on steam in the past)[/QUOTE]

The key is for the North American version, so it shouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So you didn't buy it. You tried to buy it and got an error. I mean, it sucks, yeah, but if they ran out of keys or whatever and your order was never processed you just missed out on the deal.[/QUOTE]

but no one ever told me what was going on. no email from them and customer service that is less than instant. i was left to my own devives and had to message through twitter and facebook but still nothing. im sorry but if you are out of keys, LET PEOPLE KNOW. disable add to cart do anything. i think this company is really unprofessional and theres too much sketch about them. not to mention if you have a problem, BBB cant touch them...

How do you even know if an order you placed went through? Do they send a confirmation email? After my purchase, it just sent me back to the front page after processing my payment.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']How do you even know if an order you placed went through? Do they send a confirmation email? After my purchase, it just sent me back to the front page after processing my payment.[/QUOTE]

You can check your bank history (not always accurate since some websites have glitches).
In my case, they sent me an email confirmation instantly after purchase.
I can also see the preorder under 'my game' (borderlands 2 in my case).
I see some people not getting an email confirmation though. But I think you should always see it under "my games" if the purchase was successful.

bread's done
Back