Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='sirius389']pre-purchased on august 7th, hope i get my key soon[/QUOTE]

I got my key. checked my email at 9PM EST, there was an email from GMG at 8:12 PM EST with my key. Pre-loaded in less than 7-ish minutes. :applause:

I hope everyone gets their key in time to pre-load. I was just worried about steam servers getting absolutely assaulted upon release lol.

This is the second pre-purchase I have done with GMG. First one I did was Sleeping Dogs, and they had a pretty big issue with that release, they were sending EU keys to US customers I think, but I think they have learned their lesson more or less. Better to be early than have a ton of angry customers hours after release demanding keys.

According to a staff member at gmg everyone who preordered should have keys I have their account. Might take awhile to get the email but should still have the key. This was true for me. Preloading now, my slow internet should still have it by Tuesday :)

Wish i had held off on the THQ pack now as Metro was the main reason i wanted it. Ill just keep telling myself that Dawn or War, RF guerrilla and Company of Heroes are worth the $7 extra even if I don't play them for years

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Wish i had held off on the THQ pack now as Metro was the main reason i wanted it. Ill just keep telling myself that Dawn or War, RF guerrilla and Company of Heroes are worth the $7 extra even if I don't play them for years[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for Dawn of War but Red Faction: Guerrilla was pretty decent, although I think the multiplayer was it's strongest point and I'm sure that is now dead. Company of Heroes is a very good RTS especially if you are a fan of the World War 2 theme.

I swear, GMG's site is so bipolar with their payments. The other day it absolutely would not take my card for Saints Row The Third. Today when I tried to order Metro 2033 it took it without so much as a hitch. Same card. Weird.

Anyway, I also got my Borderlands 2 key so I'm good to go!

http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/2921/?page=38#post-30794

Basically - I took the game off sale (marked it out of stock). This meant multiple things couldn't fight over the same set of game data. I then extracted all the keys into a text file form the database and dumped them on a backend server. Wrote a script in NodeJS (heard of that?) which looked up all 'boxes' in the system and looped through them asynchronously and put keys in as required and, when done, dumped me the keys that hadn't been used by that process.

Then... I took that list and pumped it back in for people to start buying again.

The script that sends e-mails doesn't run on the same server - so e-mails will be a bit longer.

That's pretty rad if ya ask me.

Just an FYI but my Borderlands 2 key was in my account a few hours ago but I have not received an email yet. If you are still waiting on your key, you might want to check your account on their site.

Edit: I should wake up more before I post so I actually pay attention to what people already posted. Everybody should have keys in their account. If not, I would recommend filling out a support ticket as something is most likely wrong in that case.

Well , I have been trying to order it for a little while and never got my cards to work with it.

Today I was going to call my bank and work on it , but it seems they fixed it on there end. Ordered borderlands 2 for 36 bucks and got my key at the end of the checkout process. Tossed it into steam and good to go. Now to get my projector screen by tuesday so I can use my new HD65 setup here ... :)

Nice having two days off starting tuesday :)

[quote name='rybrad']Just an FYI but my Borderlands 2 key was in my account a few hours ago but I have not received an email yet. If you are still waiting on your key, you might want to check your account on their site.

Edit: I should wake up more before I post so I actually pay attention to what people already posted. Everybody should have keys in their account. If not, I would recommend filling out a support ticket as something is most likely wrong in that case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know! I just checked too, and it was there despite the fact I have not received an email about it.

[quote name='shaggyc']According to a staff member at gmg everyone who preordered should have keys I have their account. Might take awhile to get the email but should still have the key. This was true for me. Preloading now, my slow internet should still have it by Tuesday :)[/QUOTE]
Mine is in my account and I didn't get an email. Must have received it early this morning. Preloading now!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Mine is in my account and I didn't get an email. Must have received it early this morning. Preloading now![/QUOTE]

same, no email but the key does show up on my GMG account, I redeemed it on Steam and I'm about to start downloading it

My internet sucks. I'm going to go to a friends house while my wife has a shopping party, dude has fast internet. Can I back up borderlands 2 by copying its folder from my laptop over to my desktop like with a regular game? Or does preloading now allow this. If I understand right, I can still copy the folder, but steams crappy back up program wont do it, which would be fine with me. Hopefully someone has insight into this. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Terlan']Broke down and bought the Borderlands 2 season pass. I am a weak weak man.[/QUOTE]

Did the same and I've never bought a season pass before. Getting the game and all future DLC for less than the MSRP of the base game is a steal.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am tempted to put in another order as I think mine is lost in a void somewhere...[/QUOTE]
Is the game showing up in your "My Games" section? If so, I would just contact them about your key as an official company rep said everyone should have keys (just not emails) awhile ago.

I'm sure the Steam Thread CAG's already know this, but I just grabbed Metro 2033, making it my first official purchase on GMG. (I also got Greed while it was free, but never downloaded the Capsule client.)

I have to say, GMG has had some nice deals in the past, but I've never gone ahead and made an account or purchase. It's actually pretty nice to finally be a full-fledged GMG user.

[quote name='rybrad']Is the game showing up in your "My Games" section? If so, I would just contact them about your key as an official company rep said everyone should have keys (just not emails) awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't show up anywhere on my account. It went through the payment and order processing but it then went back to the main page. If I didn't have a pending charge, I would have just assumed it failed...

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']No, it doesn't show up anywhere on my account. It went through the payment and order processing but it then went back to the main page. If I didn't have a pending charge, I would have just assumed it failed...[/QUOTE]
I would probably put in another order to make sure you get the deal and then contact support explaining the situation. That way you should be able to get the game and sort out the issue after.

[quote name='rybrad']I would probably put in another order to make sure you get the deal and then contact support explaining the situation. That way you should be able to get the game and sort out the issue after.[/QUOTE]

Well I gave up and placed another order and got a key instantly... Hopefully they just cancel my original order.

Edit: when I activated the code on steam, it said it includes the premier dlc! awesome.

with all the comments about BL2 keys, i just checked my account and it's there!!! might as well pick up metro also for 3 bucks. man, if GMG keeps up with the deals, i might consider this my other source for PC games. they've done an excellent job with deals.

I just got the season pass for BL2, did they hand out keys for that already too? Now i am all set to play Borderlands 2 with all my steam friends.

Because i have so many....... SO MANY.

Anyway my only regret is that i didnt take those deals on the BL1 GOTY, would of loved to have those extras on PC. That and its one of those few games that i can play over and over again.

[quote name='DemonKysho']I just got the season pass for BL2, did they hand out keys for that already too? Now i am all set to play Borderlands 2 with all my steam friends.

Because i have so many....... SO MANY.

Anyway my only regret is that i didnt take those deals on the BL1 GOTY, would of loved to have those extras on PC. That and its one of those few games that i can play over and over again.[/QUOTE]
No keys for the season pass yet, probably after release.

Finally ended up using "Bill Me Later" for the main game after all the fucking denied purchases. At least having my end payment being $23.99 after trade ins of a bunch of free games and a $10 bill credit doesn't hurt.

I've never bought from green man gaming. How does it work? like do they give me a steam code once the game comes out, when do they charge etc. I'm really tempted on borderlands 2 but I've never used the site so i'm a little skeptic

[quote name='asianmentality']I've never bought from green man gaming. How does it work? like do they give me a steam code once the game comes out, when do they charge etc. I'm really tempted on borderlands 2 but I've never used the site so i'm a little skeptic[/QUOTE]

They work like a regular online store. Credit card, Paypal, etc... are accepted. If a game is a "Steamworks" game, they will just give you a key that you activate on Steam. If the game is a pre-order, they'll likely send out codes once Valve puts the game up for pre-load. If the game is already released, they'll give you a code as soon as your order goes through.

In the case of Borderlands 2, you should get a key right when you order as Valve has gone ahead and put up the pre-load already.

[quote name='asianmentality']I've never bought from green man gaming. How does it work? like do they give me a steam code once the game comes out, when do they charge etc. I'm really tempted on borderlands 2 but I've never used the site so i'm a little skeptic[/QUOTE]

It is a pre-purchase, they charge immediately. They have been giving out Borderlands 2 keys for a day or so now. So you might get the steam key right away. I have used them about 8 times now and have never had issues paying with PayPal.

[quote name='SEH']They work like a regular online store. Credit card, Paypal, etc... are accepted. If a game is a "Steamworks" game, they will just give you a key that you activate on Steam. If the game is a pre-order, they'll likely send out codes once Valve puts the game up for pre-load. If the game is already released, they'll give you a code as soon as your order goes through.

In the case of Borderlands 2, you should get a key right when you order as Valve has gone ahead and put up the pre-load already.[/QUOTE]

ok cool thanks, i'll see if i can buy it tomorrow. It seems like a really good deal.

You get charged at the time of your order, and you get the code when the game comes out, or a little earlier if you're lucky and get to preload. Make sure you're buying a Steamworks game or else you have to install their capsule client and re-verify your games ever 3 days or something like that.

I've tried three different credit cards from 3 different issuers, one was a debit card and all 3 get declined. All Visa.

Anyone have any idea why???

[quote name='hustletron']I've tried three different credit cards from 3 different issuers, one was a debit card and all 3 get declined. All Visa.

Anyone have any idea why???[/QUOTE]

Did you call your credit card company?

I have Paypal set up to withdraw from my bank account and purchasing that way from GMG has worked like a charm once I changed my GMG email to match my Paypal one. A lot of people still have trouble with Paypal but I don't know if they've tried using bank account as their source of funding.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have Paypal set up to withdraw from my bank account and purchasing that way from GMG has worked like a charm once I changed my GMG email to match my Paypal one. A lot of people still have trouble with Paypal but I don't know if they've tried using bank account as their source of funding.[/QUOTE]

^ Same here! I have never had any problems with GMG and the deals I have seen since I built my rig has made me wish I made the switch to PC gaming sooner.

I was also wondering how people find out about the daily deals on GMG before they are released? I seen people comment on Homefront and Metro the night before and was wondering where they get the info~

I had problems and after calling my cc company I put in a help ticket to gmg, the order not completed category. I got an email that said gmg reset my account and everything worked after that. The cc said they didn't stop any orders, the problem is on gmg's end.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I have Paypal set up to withdraw from my bank account and purchasing that way from GMG has worked like a charm once I changed my GMG email to match my Paypal one. A lot of people still have trouble with Paypal but I don't know if they've tried using bank account as their source of funding.[/QUOTE]

why did you have to set up your GMG email to match the Paypal one? Did it cause some conflicting problem?

[quote name='Pikagreg']^ Same here! I have never had any problems with GMG and the deals I have seen since I built my rig has made me wish I made the switch to PC gaming sooner.

I was also wondering how people find out about the daily deals on GMG before they are released? I seen people comment on Homefront and Metro the night before and was wondering where they get the info~[/QUOTE]

The GMG blog will preview the deals for the weekend frequently, especially if they are all from the same publisher. It also will often post the current discount code if one is available.

Example: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/09/new-deals-september-13th/

[quote name='asianmentality']why did you have to set up your GMG email to match the Paypal one? Did it cause some conflicting problem?[/QUOTE]
The first time I tried to pay with Paypal, GMG told me that it has to be the same address, or they won't process it. It rejected my purchase attempt and told me that.

already preloaded Borderlands 2 and picked up the season pass for $22.50 thats pretty much as good as buying the dlc individually for almost half off.

all in all I got bl2 and the season pass + preorder bonuses for the cost of just borderlands 2 msrp.

god i hope it doesn't suck like diablo 3 and mass effect 3.

Just brought the game for me and my friend and after activating it through Steam, we both got this message "Borderlands 2 and Premiere Club DLC WW". Just wondering if this means we got the Season Pass or if that's the generic name for it?

[quote name='Yigytugd']Just brought the game for me and my friend and after activating it through Steam, we both got this message "Borderlands 2 and Premiere Club DLC WW". Just wondering if this means we got the Season Pass or if that's the generic name for it?[/QUOTE]

You got the game and the premiere club DLC containing the golden key, mechromancer gold guns. The season pass is something else.

bread's done
Back