Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='BrolyB593']Coupon codes do not work on XCOM in North America.

User Jakenome is selling copies for $35 however if you want to nab it from him.[/QUOTE]

I would like to buy from him

[quote name='MC Kage']Dang those are some good ass prices. BO2 for $38 pre-order & Sleeping Dogs $22, damn[/QUOTE]

I've bought from him multiple times. Good guy!

[quote name='rybrad']GMG is now giving out free copies of Civ V with pre-orders of XCOM, pretty cool to match that offer.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, already have Civ V so I can give the copy to a buddy of mine.

Got a CS story:

Anyone remember I couldn't log in to my old account? Well, saw the email was a typo, to .con instead of .com

Whoops. My bad.

Well, GMG finally found my old account, it only had ARMA II. Yay?

Nope.

They will delete an account since I'm not supposed to have two, and they "can't" add ARMA II to my new account, or merge the two accounts. Since I can access it now I went ahead and made two backup copies(the fully unzipped installed files, I was able to run the game from my backup external drive" so I told them to delete that account. Seems kind of dumb since they can obviously see I have NO duplicate games or purchases or freebies, so I wasn't scamming them in ANY way.

[quote name='rybrad']GMG is now giving out free copies of Civ V with pre-orders of XCOM, pretty cool to match that offer.[/QUOTE]

either they aren't adding that to existing preorders or they haven't gotten to my account yet :whistle2:#

Just curious, for Xcom, would you guys prefer, $48 retail copy with the retail bonus or a cheaper $35 copy? I am debating myself, i would love lower price but my att dsl bandwidth is not unlimited and i wonder how big the retail copy is.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just curious, for Xcom, would you guys prefer, $48 retail copy with the retail bonus or a cheaper $35 copy? I am debating myself, i would love lower price but my att dsl bandwidth is not unlimited and i wonder how big the retail copy is.[/QUOTE]

That's $13 you can put towards another game. Don't be dumb, bro.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just curious, for Xcom, would you guys prefer, $48 retail copy with the retail bonus or a cheaper $35 copy? I am debating myself, i would love lower price but my att dsl bandwidth is not unlimited and i wonder how big the retail copy is.[/QUOTE]
I have heard the game will be around 15gb if it is similar size to the press release. As for the retail bonus, you have to ask yourself how much you care about that stuff. I have zero interest in "bonuses" that are not game content so that is pretty much worthless to me.

[quote name='rybrad']I have heard the game will be around 15gb if it is similar size to the press release. As for the retail bonus, you have to ask yourself how much you care about that stuff. I have zero interest in "bonuses" that are not game content so that is pretty much worthless to me.[/QUOTE]

It requires 20GB space to download but it will be less than 9GB.

Over at the 2k forums, a rep had this to say:

"The 20GB in the system requirements is the amount you should have free when you install. It does not mean the download will be that large.

Remember, the game fits (compressed) on a single dual layer DVD, which is 8.6GB. So you can be fairly certain the download won't be more than that!

I'm looking in to pre-load"

He later confirms pre-loading.

It all can be found here!

Skyrim is currently on sale for $35.99, and it can be used with the 25% off coupon to drop it to $27.00. The Dawnguard DLC is also on sale, but I'm not sure if it also works with the coupon (I'd assume it does, though).

Just bumping this topic up with this information since I'm not sure how long the sale will last for.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Dawnguard comes down to $11.25.[/QUOTE]

I love skyrim but that still seems high for dlc. 5 or 7 and I'd be all over it

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Dawnguard comes down to $11.25.[/QUOTE]

It's $11.87 at Gamersgate right now with the IGN discount so close but not quite as cheap as here.

Potentially you could bring the price down a bit further with trade-ins or blue coins, but honestly if you can stand to wait a couple of months I am certain it will be at least 50% off on the Steam winter sale and possible even 75% for DotD/flash deal.

Any word on Dishonored keys going out? Still haven't decided whether to buy it from GMG or get it on 360 from Best Buy with the $20 RZ cert bonus.

Thanks for pointing out the deal on Skyrim. I have been waiting what seems like an eternity to get it on PC for less than $30. On a mildly related side note, I have no wishlist remaining on steam! Looks like I'll be saving some money.

[quote name='Killbomb']Any word on Dishonored keys going out? Still haven't decided whether to buy it from GMG or get it on 360 from Best Buy with the $20 RZ cert bonus.[/QUOTE]

I was going to cancel from BB since I have a backlog, but it shipped today. So fyi if you want it release day

[quote name='6er']I was going to cancel from BB since I have a backlog, but it shipped today. So fyi if you want it release day[/QUOTE]

I'd just do in-store pickup but thanks for the info.

I'll consider Dawnguard at $5, I'm kind of over Skyrim by now and the DLC is not all that appealing. Dishonored looks like it has a lot of potential but I wouldn't feel comfortable preordering it. Will definitely keep my eye on it. I feel the same way about Hitman.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'll consider Dawnguard at $5, I'm kind of over Skyrim by now and the DLC is not all that appealing. Dishonored looks like it has a lot of potential but I wouldn't feel comfortable preordering it. Will definitely keep my eye on it. I feel the same way about Hitman.[/QUOTE]
I am a MASSIVE Skyrim fan and I would definitely say wait on Dawnguard. It was pretty disappointing, especially the Vampire Lord abilities.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'll consider Dawnguard at $5, I'm kind of over Skyrim by now and the DLC is not all that appealing. Dishonored looks like it has a lot of potential but I wouldn't feel comfortable preordering it. Will definitely keep my eye on it. I feel the same way about Hitman.[/QUOTE]
you got my hopes up thinking it was at $5 somewhere.

Only word from GMG on their forum regarding Dishonored keys is they will be sent out on the "day of release". Keep forgetting to check there when I'm looking for info. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']Only word from GMG on their forum regarding Dishonored keys is they will be sent out on the "day of release". Keep forgetting to check there when I'm looking for info. :D[/QUOTE]
That is pretty much the line they specify for all games, some (many) just happen to release earlier. It is smart on their part as it helps manage expectations a bit. There are already a ton of people on their forums who constantly "threaten" to cancel their orders if they don't get a key several days before release. People are so weird and bitchy sometimes.

[quote name='pROvIs']you got my hopes up thinking it was at $5 somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, it was a hypothetical price. Undoubtedly it will be $5 at some point in the future, that's what I was talking about.

Looks like XCOM pre-orders (NA only) will now also be getting a $10 GMG credit, including people who pre-ordered earlier. Turning into a pretty sweet deal if you took advantage of the free game trade-in for the discounted price.

GMG has some $.49 games on sale with other games priced higher. The 49 cent games are nothing special but might be good for future trade-ins?

NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Men of War: Red Tide
Defcon: Everybody Dies
Hacker Evolution
Tower Bloxx Deluxe
UFO: Aftermath

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like XCOM pre-orders (NA only) will now also be getting a $10 GMG credit, including people who pre-ordered earlier. Turning into a pretty sweet deal if you took advantage of the free game trade-in for the discounted price.[/QUOTE]
Any idea when the $10 credit will be showing up in accounts? Cause if its soon I'll hold off and wait to pre-order Dishonored til I get it.

Edit: just read within 24 hours of the games launch. :/ oh well saving 25% by itself on dishonored is still a good deal.

I'm so torn on preordering Dishonored. I want it, I really do, but it comes out the same day as XCom which I have preordered already. My buy it now price for Dishonored is $40. Yet I still can't stop thinking of just ordering it at $45 heh.

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like XCOM pre-orders (NA only) will now also be getting a $10 GMG credit, including people who pre-ordered earlier. Turning into a pretty sweet deal if you took advantage of the free game trade-in for the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Is this to match the free civ 5 elsewhere?

Edit Nm looks like you get civ 5 too. Wow and they will be issuing keys soon for preload.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']Is this to match the free civ 5 elsewhere?

Edit Nm looks like you get civ 5 too. Wow and they will be issuing keys soon for preload.[/QUOTE]
It is indeed both offers. Combine this with the earlier trade-in deal to get it for $38 and this has been a fantastic deal. They also seem to be learning from past mistakes and are communicating early about keys which is nice.

Just bought XCOM when I saw that $10 credit deal. I was surprised that they gave me a Steam key immediately and I activated with no problems. Pre-loading the game as we speak!

[quote name='theMixxer']Just bought XCOM when I saw that $10 credit deal. I was surprised that they gave me a Steam key immediately and I activated with no problems. Pre-loading the game as we speak![/QUOTE]

It's annoying how they always do that and screw preorder buyers.

[quote name='pROvIs']It's annoying how they always do that and screw preorder buyers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the lack of consistency was what had me hesitant to preorder at first. I'm glad it worked out for me but it's unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be consistency in terms of handing out keys. I imagine, though, that it's only a matter of time until they send out keys to other folks.

Pre-ordered Dishonored. My wallet is crying but the good news is there isn't any other big games coming out this year on my radar.

Regarding XCOM pre-loading from GMG:

"We can now announce that pre-loading will be available from Green Man Gaming. Keys for all those who have pre-purchased will start going out in approximately 7 hours time from now, at 0200 UTC October 6th. Please remain calm if you do not receive your key immediately."

Source

Got my Xcom key and preloading now.

To answer your question Bizzquik I would say its hard to guess and it will partly depends on how successful the game is.

[quote name='boredasfook']I just got my Xcom key wondering when they will be giving out them $10 credit.[/QUOTE]
The page I read said within 24 hours of the games launch.

[quote name='pROvIs']It's annoying how they always do that and screw preorder buyers.[/QUOTE]
I ordered XCOM from GMG on 9/22, and I just got my Steam key from them. Seems like they are doing a better job with the keys this time around?

bread's done
Back