Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='xRidley']I'm still holding off on BL2. I could have got it at launch for $35, and with a 4-pack the price has always been $37 at gamersgate with IGN discount anyway. I think it will drop a whole lot more in the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Main thing holding me off from buying now is not getting the Mechromancer DLC included. That, and I have a giant backlog. Definetly want this game soonish though.

Finally picked up X-Com, the wait so far has been killing me, so I finally caved. Had some free stuff to trade in that got it down to $29 and some change, and my goal was $25 before the end of the year, so I can live with that.

Was a little shocked to see my order go through.. had given up on GMG due to payment unauthorized issues a month or two back, but it went right through this time.

For those on the fence about XCOM, it is an awesome game, even if it was full price. I am not a big turn-based strategy fan but it is probably my game of the year. It does a great job of capturing that "one more turn" addiction of Civ (one more mission in this case).

Is XCOM better on PC than console? Indifferent?

I was wondering if I should maybe jump on this, or wait for the $25 deals Walmart will have on it..on BF (I'll be there anyway...I work there X.X)

[quote name='plutoknight']Is XCOM better on PC than console? Indifferent?

I was wondering if I should maybe jump on this, or wait for the $25 deals Walmart will have on it..on BF (I'll be there anyway...I work there X.X)[/QUOTE]
Better in all aspects, especially after the patch, with mods being the biggest difference. Firaxis has mentioned possible Steam Workshop integration in the future which will be awesome.

Backloggery + Black Friday means that, although I REALLY want XCOM, I can wait a few more weeks while I finish a couple other games.

I'm the biggest KFS booster on CAG and I will be the first to tell you that the Master Levels DLC had no interest for me. They were nice options to go enjoy a bit more frenetic, unpolished KFS mayhem but you had loads of that leading up to there. Most of them are survival maps that practically require a co-op partner for you to see the end of.

If you like KFS in that way, you won't be disappointed. For me, I am KFSed out.

$45 for dishonored is still too much, I'm sure if I get it itll be $35 or less at one of the various holiday sales.

Really want to bite on XCOM but hesitant cause of my filthy backlog, and Halo 4 just came out and its freakin awesome. But $32 is a very nice price and this seems like the lowest ill see it for a while (maybe a few bucks less on BF) so i may jump on it. Now if the sale would just end my mind would be already made up

[quote name='MrshllJcb']It appears the 35% off code is no longer active on XCOM (I finally decided to bite lol)[/QUOTE]
I just tried and it works for me (thanks GMG for finally allowing me to check prices on games I own). Are you using the correct code? GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7

Edit: Also check for trailing or leading spaces, these can happen with copy/paste and will cause issues.

[quote name='rybrad']I just tried and it works for me (thanks GMG for finally allowing me to check prices on games I own). Are you using the correct code? GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7

Edit: Also check for trailing or leading spaces, these can happen with copy/paste and will cause issues.[/QUOTE]

Blast you! I had just convinced myself that it was all for the better anyway, then you have to go and post this terrible news! :lol: looks like I'll be playing this (thanks for the heads up btw)

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Blast you! I had just convinced myself that it was all for the better anyway, then you have to go and post this terrible news! :lol: looks like I'll be playing this (thanks for the heads up btw)[/QUOTE]
Enjoy! It is really a fantastic game and well worth bumping in front of your backlog.

[quote name='rybrad']Enjoy! It is really a fantastic game and well worth bumping in front of your backlog.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its gonna be Halo 4 on the Xbox (finally getting some love again) and XCOM on the beast, while the poor ol' PS3 only gets to munch on Blu's (it'll be very hungry for The Last of Us). Its gonna be tough to pry my limited gaming time away from H4 but I have a feeling XCOM may be the game to do it.

Xcom is incredible. So much that when I finally got Halo 4, I decided I wanted to play more Xcom while letting Halo sit still wrapped XD

There is a free game on GMG today, can't see what it is because the site won't load. I will check it out again when I get back from the gym. If someone finds out before then, post the details here and I will update the OP.

Daily Deal
Earth 2160 $FREE, pick this up for possible trade-in deals in the future

Earth 2160.

Customer notes
This game requires an activation key and the Capsule client to play. The activation key can be found in your order confirmation email, or alternatively in the keys section of your account.

Please ensure you run Capsule in administrator mode to avoid any compatibility issues.

Only 1 free game per IP address is permitted!

Due to high demand we're temporarily marking the game as Out of Stock - we've not actually run out of keys at the moment, we're just taking the game offline for a little bit to solve some of the issues with ordering! The game will be available very soon.

Time to start a riot.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The free game is Earth 2160.

Regular Price: 7.99

Cannot be traded in.

Looks like an RTS or TD type game from stills.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is a RTS from Reality Pump. The series actually dates back to the mid-90s and started with Earth 2140.

The next and latest entry in the “Earth” series is a direct sequel to “Earth 2150”, takes place after the Earth's destruction and transports the player to selected planets and moons of the Solar System, including, among others, Mars, Triton (Neptune's moon) Titan (Saturn's moon) or Io (Jupiter's moon.) In addition to the three sides known from the predecessors (the ED, the UCS and the LC), a fourth group enters the conflict in “Earth 2160”; the Aliens, who had long slept on Mars in suspended animation and were awakened by the spaceships of the UCS.
The game operates using the “Earth-4” engine, which was designed specifically for the project and utilizes, among others, the Pixel Shader 1.4 technology.

The list of changes is even more extensive: there are 3 available resources, each with different physical and chemical properties. They can all be used to manufacture units, and their properties influence the quality of said units. The game offers the possibility of hiring mercenaries, privateers and agents, who can help the player in combat as well as in technological or economic advancement. The technology tree for each side of the conflict was vastly expanded as well.

“Earth 2160” comes with 28 missions split into four campaigns, one per each side. Up to 8 players can participate in an online experience, with four game modes offered. The 30-track orchestral score was composed and performed by Germany's Mannheim-Heidelberg Orchestra.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Yeah, it hung up on the confirmation screen for me and wouldn't move after five minutes. Total class action lawsuit material right here![/QUOTE]

Mine hung up for like 10 minutes. But I just left it there and eventually I got it added to my account.

I tried running Earth 2160 and it requires a serial number once in game, and I checked my keys section of the site and then my e-mail to no avail.

It's funny, in my confirmation e-mail for purchasing the free game it says,
"This game requires an activation key and the Capsule client to play. The activation key can be found in your order confirmation email"

...I think I'm looking at my confirmation e-mail. There are no keys here...

Maybe they'll issue them later.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I got an activation key both in my account and in my email.[/QUOTE]

As did I.

Am I really gonna have to download another installer program onto my computer to play this? I've already got Steam, Desura, Origin & the Amazon downloader, I don't need another one. Bah!!!

Yes that's right, I'm complaining about something that I got for free. Honestly though, I'm not sure if I'm even gonna bother with this. Do I just need "capsule" to download it? Or do I actually need the program to play the game? If it's just to download it, maybe I can install capsule & then uninstall it after I have the game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I got an activation key both in my account and in my email.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, interesting.

Well, others on Slickdeals.net are reporting not finding keys the same as me. I did get in after the game was reportedly 'unavailable' for a brief time. Probably just ran out temporarily and will add them to accounts later.

Update from GMG:
EARTH 2160
CVictor Nov 13 • Announcements

To alleviate current server troubles we're temporarily marking the game as Out of Stock - we've not actually run out of keys at the moment, it's just so we can take important measures to resolve the load issues! It shall be made available again soon.

UPDATE 15.56: Today has been crazy at the GMG office. This is by far our biggest giveaway ever! We'd like to say a massive thanks to everyone taking part, and for sharing it with your friends and clans alike.

You can pre-load the game via Capsule as soon as you have ordered it, however keys to activate the game will not be sent out until tomorrow. We will start distributing these keys from tomorrow afternoon (around 4pm GMT).

[quote name='PDJ']Xcom is incredible. So much that when I finally got Halo 4, I decided I wanted to play more Xcom while letting Halo sit still wrapped XD[/QUOTE]

yeah x-com is flat out awesome. no beating around the bush, buy it. this price is a great deal and firaxis deserves the sales for bringing this franchise into the new gen.

So after playing XCOM for about an hour and a half I am definitely enjoying it a lot. I know a lot of people felt like it was too dumbed down compared to the original but I like the fact its more accessible while still being challenging. Also because I am enjoying this so much I may go back and try to replay the originals now that I have a better concept of the games mechanics wheras when I originally tried I felt like I was pretty lost and confused about how things worked. Thanks to everyone who recommended it, you were right!

Just a heads up to anyone thinkin bout grabbin Hell yeah! I think I saw Tony from AVG post tbat there would be a bundle with Binary Domain, Condemned, Hell Yeah, AvP, and Viking for $20

Is anyone having trouble adding Hell Yeah! to there shopping cart? Maybe it's my work PC I'll try it when I get home.

*Edit* I'm dumb I didn't activate my account yet, sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']So after playing XCOM for about an hour and a half I am definitely enjoying it a lot. I know a lot of people felt like it was too dumbed down compared to the original but I like the fact its more accessible while still being challenging. Also because I am enjoying this so much I may go back and try to replay the originals now that I have a better concept of the games mechanics wheras when I originally tried I felt like I was pretty lost and confused about how things worked. Thanks to everyone who recommended it, you were right![/QUOTE]

I felt it was just about right, a little more complexity would be nice. They did a good job. Further proof that Sid Meier doesn't involve himself with shit games.

[quote name='PenguinJim']For anyone willing to take the risk, they've got mediocre game LotR: War in the North for $4.99 now. Don't forget the coupon, too: GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S[/QUOTE]

I don't know what risk you're alluding to, but War in the North is fantastic. I highly recommend it and it's a steal at this price!

[quote name='FQRizzo']New to GMG so I apologize for the question, but how do you get PayPal to actually work with this site?[/QUOTE]

Your GMG email and paypal email must match. Post #2 has a lot of good info. I you are using a credit card with paypal, GMG may have tripped a fraud flag (due to being UK-based, or "gaming" = gambling), call the number on the back of your card to check.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Jet set radio is also 3.75 with coupon. Activates on steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, bought it. Looking forward to it, never played original

Ooo, Jet Set Radio for $3.75. I'm tempted, though I feel like I should probably wait until it's a full 75% off since it will most likely spend time in backlog.

bread's done
Back