kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
from Groupees twitter:
tomorrow we'll be announcing special bonus for everyone who buys #BeMine3 by 11:59 pm PST this Friday and yes, it will apply to all purchases made prior to the announcement! Stay tuned

So they lowered the requirement for Postal 2 to $29k, and replaced the $40k goal with another bonus game who has a Metacritic Score of 82. Also they listed that bonus they are offering if you buy this bundle before the stated date. Seems like they are really putting alot of things into this bundle.

[quote name='jw430']from Groupees twitter:
tomorrow we'll be announcing special bonus for everyone who buys #BeMine3 by 11:59 pm PST this Friday and yes, it will apply to all purchases made prior to the announcement! Stay tuned[/QUOTE]

The "special bonus" wasn't revealed today, it'll be revealed and delivered on monday. The clues they've given us so far are that it'll be a Steam key, and has a metacritic of 82.

Also, Postal 2 has been unlocked for everyone.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Did a search of Metacritic and came back with 84 hits.

Potential games:

Crusader Kings II
Legend Of Grimlock
Divinity II
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow Of Chernobyl
Gemini Rue
Aquaria

[quote name='TheLongshot']Did a search of Metacritic and came back with 84 hits.

Potential games:

Crusader Kings II
Legend Of Grimlock
Divinity II
Gemini Rue
Aquaria[/QUOTE]

It's going to be Waves. My guess

[quote name='TheLongshot']Did a search of Metacritic and came back with 84 hits.

Potential games:

Crusader Kings II
Legend Of Grimlock
Divinity II
Gemini Rue
Aquaria[/QUOTE]

Some of those seem pretty unlikely, I'd be surprised if it were STALKER or Divinity II. I hope it hasn't been in any bundles before.

Zero chance it's Legend of Grimrock. I'm sure those guys already have an agreement with Humble seeing as how they make use of the Humble Store services.

Potential games:

Crusader Kings II
Legend Of Grimlock
Divinity II
Gemini Rue
Aquaria[/QUOTE]

Of that list, I'd say that Gemini Rue was by far the most likely. Not only do I disqualify some from that list because they're too high profile or they have some association with the Humble Bundle guys, but the other day they were asking for suggestions for what type of game they should get for the bonus game. The guy from groupies suggested an adventure game, and he threw it open to votes. I was one of only two votes against having it be a game from the Adventure genre. The vote was something like 11-2.

So it's probably gonna be an adventure game.

EDIT: This vote took place on their live chat on their site, BTW. It might have been obvious, but I just thought I should clear that up in case somebody was curious where this happened.

[quote name='The End']Of that list, I'd say that Gemini Rue was by far the most likely. Not only do I disqualify some from that list because they're too high profile or they have some association with the Humble Bundle guys, but the other day they were asking for suggestions for what type of game they should get for the bonus game. The guy from groupies suggested an adventure game, and he threw it open to votes. I was one of only two votes against having it be a game from the Adventure genre. The vote was something like 11-2.

So it's probably gonna be an adventure game.[/QUOTE]

Hm, I don't want it to be Gemini Rue :cry:. It's been in 2 bundles already. I don't mind adventure games in general though.

I suppose I should bite on this damned thing. I was holding out thinking the summer sale might be this week to see what price that Avernum triology was going to go for, but doesn't seem that likely now.

I guess I'll wait and see tomorrow just on the off even the summer sale starts then but I really don't think it's going to happen.

Curious about this 84 metacritic score game. I guess they needed something balance out Postal 2's score of 50. :p

*Edited to add: Ditto on better not be Gemini Rue! I actually like that game but come on two separate bundles is enough now. That dev better be careful not to oversaturate on the bundles. I know I am holding out on Resonance because of that.

Hm.. if it's going to be an adventure game, Syberia might be semi-likely. It has an 82 on metacritic and it's going to be on sale (for probably 40% off) on GOG

Postal 2 also went on sale on GOG shortly before it got added to Be Mine 3 lol, but it could just be a coincidence.

As I said in my last post, I think that it is pretty likely that it'll be an adventure game, but it's not a 100% lock. They are limited by which dev/publisher says yes to having their game included in the bundle. If they can't find an adventure game on this short of a notice (assuming that the vote was for real and they didn't already have something lined up) they might have to go with whatever they can get.

Someone should make a list of all the adventure games on metacritic that score an 82 so that we can narrow down the likelyhood of what it'll be ;)

[quote name='Mooby']Zero chance it's Legend of Grimrock. I'm sure those guys already have an agreement with Humble seeing as how they make use of the Humble Store services.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Now I know to not buy Grimrock unless the price is $5 or under in the Summer Sale :D.

Hoping it's Crusader Kings II because it's the one besides Grimrock I don't already own.

As for the "special bonus" for those buying before Friday, my guess is it will be the DLC for Hamilton's Great Adventure.

[quote name='sunghost']Someone should make a list of all the adventure games on metacritic that score an 82 so that we can narrow down the likelyhood of what it'll be ;)[/QUOTE]

There's not many

Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Gemini Rue
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Sam & Max Episode 105: Reality 2.0
Sam & Max Episode 201: Ice Station Santa
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough
Syberia
Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 3: Lair of the Leviathan
The Last Express

I think you can safely remove Lara Croft. Ditto for episodic stuff from Telltale.

Basically all that's left is Gemini Rue, Broken Sword, Syberia and Last Express, the latter of which is really old and I have no idea who owns the rights to it now.

[quote name='The End']As for the "special bonus" for those buying before Friday, my guess is it will be the DLC for Hamilton's Great Adventure.[/QUOTE]

That'd suck, I suppose it's better than nothing though. The DLC is only $1 on Steam. I narrowed down the search on metacritic to these three games:

Gemini Rue
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Syberia

They were the only ones I could find that are on Steam and have a rating of 82, there may be others it missed.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Motoki

They're trying to drive up interest in this bundle over on reddit. So they're doing a "contest" in this thread where they're looking to get voted up into the top ten threads in the gaming section of reddit. If they do, the bundle's minimum price will drop for 2 hours on Saturday to $1.

As somebody who has held off of buying the bundle up until now, this is great news. Vote it up for me people so I can be a cheap bastard and get this bundle for a buck.

Watch the site crash in those 2 hours lol. I kinda regret buying the bundle so early, hopefully the "bonus" they add will be worth the $3 difference.

I just bought this and none of the keys are working in steam.

One, Cristian Blunda an Admin at groupees.com said the following:

"OK. This is a weird steam issue. apparently they lock you out under some circumstances. All of your keys will work. Unfortunately, you have to wait until Steam lets you in.

i'd log out / quit app and try again in a few hours

It only recently has come to our attention. You can contact Steam support if you like, but all of the keys we gave you will work, you have my word.

Other users have gotten locked out of Steam and all keys are said to be invalid until they wait it out"

Anyone else having this crap happen? I know that I only paid a few dollars a piece for each game, but I expect the damn keys to work.

[quote name='pseudonem']I just bought this and none of the keys are working in steam.

One, Cristian Blunda an Admin at groupees.com said the following:

"OK. This is a weird steam issue. apparently they lock you out under some circumstances. All of your keys will work. Unfortunately, you have to wait until Steam lets you in.

i'd log out / quit app and try again in a few hours

It only recently has come to our attention. You can contact Steam support if you like, but all of the keys we gave you will work, you have my word.

Other users have gotten locked out of Steam and all keys are said to be invalid until they wait it out"

Anyone else having this crap happen? I know that I only paid a few dollars a piece for each game, but I expect the damn keys to work.[/QUOTE]

That only happens if you attempt to activate used/invalid keys multiple times. Did you do that? If so, that's why none of the Groupees keys are working for you. But to answer your question, yes many of us have had that happen, it's a new Steam "feature".

As strange as it may sound, this isn't the first that I've heard of this happening. I know it's frustrating, but I'd wait a few hours and try again.

Edit: it's probably obvious, but my post was directed to pseudonem

[quote name='The End']They're trying to drive up interest in this bundle over on reddit. So they're doing a "contest" in this thread where they're looking to get voted up into the top ten threads in the gaming section of reddit. If they do, the bundle's minimum price will drop for 2 hours on Saturday to $1.

As somebody who has held off of buying the bundle up until now, this is great news. Vote it up for me people so I can be a cheap bastard and get this bundle for a buck.[/QUOTE]

I made a reddit account just to do this even though I don't have much interest in getting this bundle myself. The only thing I like is that first mp3 song they demo in their Be Mine collection 3. If the bundle drops to a buck I may just throw a dollar their way just for that.

Okay total noob ? here but how does one vote something up on reddit? I keep an account in case there are giveaways but to be honest I just can't stand the 1990s paleolithic era of the internet style interface enough to use that site to any significant degree.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay total noob ? here but how does one vote something up on reddit? I keep an account in case there are giveaways but to be honest I just can't stand the 1990s paleolithic era of the internet style interface enough to use that site to any significant degree.[/QUOTE]

It's an up vote. Click the little arrow pointing up in the thread.

[quote name='The End']They're trying to drive up interest in this bundle over on reddit. So they're doing a "contest" in this thread where they're looking to get voted up into the top ten threads in the gaming section of reddit. If they do, the bundle's minimum price will drop for 2 hours on Saturday to $1.

As somebody who has held off of buying the bundle up until now, this is great news. Vote it up for me people so I can be a cheap bastard and get this bundle for a buck.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the super secret bonus for buying before 11:59 pm on Friday, though! Get it for a buck, or get a bonus? Which will you choose?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Don't forget the super secret bonus for buying before 11:59 pm on Friday, though! Get it for a buck, or get a bonus? Which will you choose?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think this is going to help with sales. They should choose to encourage people to buy early, or later.. not BOTH. Strange tactic they're using.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's an up vote. Click the little arrow pointing up in the thread.[/QUOTE]

D'OH, I always that that was a next thread fwd/back sort of thing.

Thanks and upvoted althought hey have a looooong way to go to meet that goal.

[quote name='sunghost']That only happens if you attempt to activate used/invalid keys multiple times. Did you do that? If so, that's why none of the Groupees keys are working for you. But to answer your question, yes many of us have had that happen, it's a new Steam "feature".[/QUOTE]

I actually just activated the Serious Sam 3 Discount code right before entering the Avernum code.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay total noob ? here but how does one vote something up on reddit? I keep an account in case there are giveaways but to be honest I just can't stand the 1990s paleolithic era of the internet style interface enough to use that site to any significant degree.[/QUOTE]

lol, with the exception of the fact that you don't know how to up-vote something, you've almost completely summed up my thoughts on reddit. The only thing that i would add is that a large percentage of the people posting there seem to be complete douchbags.

Oh and thanks to solidus_00 for the vote up

To BigSpoonyBard: That's a tuff choice. Get a wildflower screensaver, or get the bundle for a buck.

It took me 20 minutes to figure it out for myself, so your not the only one :D

[quote name='Motoki']D'OH, I always that that was a next thread fwd/back sort of thing.

Thanks and upvoted althought hey have a looooong way to go to meet that goal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just checked again and they've started to go backwards. People are apparently voting down to cancel out those people who voted up. It was a long shot to begin with, but if one third of the people are down-voting the thread....

EDIT: Nevermind, disregard this post.. they made a twitter announcement that once we hit 40k they'll give us the next bonus game lol.

Because Steamgifts is a pain in the ass about not allowing individual bundle key giveaways and I don't need them:

Hamilton's
2ZFYT-RTJT2-0MBFZ

and

Odd World
4ZF6D-3WKTY-WBMPV

Also if you're in the CAG Steam group, I posted my extra Sword of the Stars from Amazon to Steamgifts as a private group giveaway to the CAG group. It's obviously not a sure thing like the above free keys to the first person who gets them, but you're competing against a much smaller pool.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/7mjNR/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection

[quote name='Motoki']Because Steamgifts is a pain in the ass about not allowing individual bundle key giveaways and I don't need them:

Hamilton's
2ZFYT-RTJT2-0MBFZ

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, got the key for Hamilton

[quote name='Motoki']Because Steamgifts is a pain in the ass about not allowing individual bundle key giveaways and I don't need them:

Hamilton's
2ZFYT-RTJT2-0MBFZ

and

Odd World
4ZF6D-3WKTY-WBMPV

Also if you're in the CAG Steam group, I posted my extra Sword of the Stars from Amazon to Steamgifts as a private group giveaway to the CAG group. It's obviously not a sure thing like the above free keys to the first person who gets them, but you're competing against a much smaller pool.

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/7mjNR/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection[/QUOTE]

oddworld lurked

Sweet, Postal 2 complete! I wonder why they didn't e-mail me to say that the goal had been reached / the game had been unlocked. Thanks CAG users for bumping.

[quote name='Motoki']

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/7mjNR/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection[/QUOTE]

I'm the only entry - I'm gonna win!

[quote name='Motoki']Also if you're in the CAG Steam group, I posted my extra Sword of the Stars from Amazon to Steamgifts as a private group giveaway to the CAG group. It's obviously not a sure thing like the above free keys to the first person who gets them, but you're competing against a much smaller pool.[/QUOTE]

There's a CAG Steam group? How have I managed to be a CAG member for 8 years, and a steam customer for 2 1/2 years (including being a semi-semi-regular on the steam thread for the past year) and I'm just now learning this?

[quote name='The End']There's a CAG Steam group? How have I managed to be a CAG member for 8 years, and a steam customer for 2 1/2 years (including being a semi-semi-regular on the steam thread for the past year) and I'm just now learning this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's been around for a while. I can't quite remember when but I asked someone for an invite to it ages ago and someone sent me one. I can send you one if you want to PM me your Steam ID or friend me on there. You can get to my profile by clicking on my sig.

Besides the occasional CAG group steamgifts giveaway, I noticed someone has started doing notifications on various sales which is useful to know if you have been gaming and haven't checked the threads in a while.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah it's been around for a while. I can't quite remember when but I asked someone for an invite to it ages ago and someone sent me one. I can send you one if you want to PM me your Steam ID or friend me on there. You can get to my profile by clicking on my sig.

Besides the occasional CAG group steamgifts giveaway, I noticed someone has started doing notifications on various sales which is useful to know if you have been gaming and haven't checked the threads in a while.[/QUOTE]
I'd like an invite to the group too. It would be way cool to actually game and still keep on the various sales through the steam client. Never mind just got invited, willing to invite others if they want.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah it's been around for a while. I can't quite remember when but I asked someone for an invite to it ages ago and someone sent me one. I can send you one if you want to PM me your Steam ID or friend me on there. You can get to my profile by clicking on my sig.

Besides the occasional CAG group steamgifts giveaway, I noticed someone has started doing notifications on various sales which is useful to know if you have been gaming and haven't checked the threads in a while.[/QUOTE]

What the hell, why not?

If you need to add me, go right ahead. If you just want to send me an invite, that's ok too.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024160490

Thanks.

EDIT: I just got invited by a "jetta" on steam. I believe there is an AA.jetta (or something like that) here on CAG. I assume it's same person. In any event, thanks for the invite jetta. :)

Looks like Groupies changed the wording on goal 5. Before, it was worded as such that the game and goal would only be revealed when we hit 40K. Presumably the goal to actually unlock it would have been higher than the 40k reveal point.

It's now been changed to the game being revealed and unlocked at 40k. Which means that there's an excellent chance that we'll get it.

[quote name='The End']Looks like Groupies changed the wording on goal 5. Before, it was worded as such that the game and goal would only be revealed when we hit 40K. Presumably the goal to actually unlock it would have been higher than the 40k reveal point.

It's now been changed to the game being revealed and unlocked at 40k. Which means that there's an excellent chance that we'll get it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that as well. It's funny because one of their staff/mods/whatever he is had previously stated (before Groupees changed the wording) that the goal would be revealed at 40k, but not unlocked.

I guess they must've changed their mind, or the dude just had no idea what he was talking about.

2dvlg95.png

fhPy1

bread's done
Back