= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']Yeah.. I don't get why the Anodyne dev decided to have it bundled so quickly. It just got added to Steam, and had a $1 promo right before then.[/QUOTE]

Could be they set this up before Anodyne was greenlight. I don't blame them for bundling, but I'm surprised they aren't holding out for a humble inclusion.

[quote name='spoderman']Video is up, games and price were announced. Maybe the cat hint wasn't for this bundle, or it wasn't a hint at all? lol

$3 for:

- Forceline
- Dead Pixels
- 8-Bit Commando
- Smooth Operators
- Bleed
- Anodyne[/QUOTE]

Well more than one of those games has been bundled. Smooth operators and dead pixels both have been.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Well more than one of those games has been bundled. Smooth operators and dead pixels both have been.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but developer key drops aside, Smooth Operators didn't give keys because Gala were dicking around and making excuses. And actually the version he gave Gala was different. This one has a bit more to it. He added a bunch of stuff since then and that version was never updated (thanks to Gala).

[quote name='Izod517']Damn I just bought Anodyne in trade for like $3. Oh well. Very solid bundle will still buy.[/QUOTE]
I'm so glad I was ignored when I was begging to buy Anodyne and Dead Pixels. :bouncy:

BOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damn it, it's not even up yet

I've been thinking of getting Smooth Operators on XBLIG, so this is good timing. Can someone tell me what the group bonuses are though? I've never bought one of these bundles

As more sales happen, more games and stuff get added as bonuses. As it's a retro bundle, I hope Retro City Rampage is one of them.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Sylia is the first bonus.

Not on Desura or Greenlight, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, another Aldorlea game. Maybe if someone hassles the developer, they'll put it on Desura lol.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, bought, out of 5 bonuses, there has to be some good stuff in there.[/QUOTE]

I bet 3 out of 5 are music ;)

This is another great bundle from Groupees. All games I don't have at this point. I'll be picking it up for sure. Mostly for Dead Pixels, Bleed and Anodyne.

yeah, I picked up dead pixels on XBLA for $1, it's definitely worth that and more. For another $2, Anodyne looks interesting enough and the rest will just sit around .. maybe the kids will play it.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Since I already have Anodyne, I'll probably just throw in a dollar for Dead Pixels, unless someone wants to sell me on Bleed.[/QUOTE]
Bleed is a fun actiony platformer shooter. It's worth a shot

Note that most of these are on Greenlight as well. So you could end up getting lots more Steam keys. I believe the Bleed dev said they would do it if they can.

[quote name='Izod517']Note that most of these are on Greenlight as well. So you could end up getting lots more Steam keys. I believe the Bleed dev said they would do it if they can.[/QUOTE]

Dont count on this.

In Be mine 6, they said that you would get a steam key for Dawn of Fantasy when its greenlit. Its been on steam a little while now, and they havent given out keys yet. I emailed support last week, still havent heard anything.

[quote name='Reraise']Dont count on this.

In Be mine 6, they said that you would get a steam key for Dawn of Fantasy when its greenlit. Its been on steam a little while now, and they havent given out keys yet. I emailed support last week, still havent heard anything.[/QUOTE]

Dawn of Fantasy came with a Desura key. The other day someone posted that if you go to your Desura client and start installing the game then right click on the game an option to Show CD Key should pop up. If you copy that CD Key and remove all the dashes it will activate on Steam. I tried it and it worked for me.

wasn't really interested in this bundle to much, but Adonye is giving me awesome 2D zelda vibes, so I'm almost certainly going to pick this up:D

EDIT: any thoughts on if the chiptune bundle is good?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Dawn of Fantasy came with a Desura key. The other day someone posted that if you go to your Desura client and start installing the game then right click on the game an option to Show CD Key should pop up. If you copy that CD Key and remove all the dashes it will activate on Steam. I tried it and it worked for me.[/QUOTE]

If you look, you should see that key is the same as your Desura key for the game. So someone can go to the bundle page, grab the Desura key, and redeem it on Steam (after removing the dashes.)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Dawn of Fantasy came with a Desura key. The other day someone posted that if you go to your Desura client and start installing the game then right click on the game an option to Show CD Key should pop up. If you copy that CD Key and remove all the dashes it will activate on Steam. I tried it and it worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this so I didn't have to. :cool:

[quote name='gilby']If you look, you should see that key is the same as your Desura key for the game. So someone can go to the bundle page, grab the Desura key, and redeem it on Steam (after removing the dashes.)[/QUOTE]

Ha! Even easier. I had a suspicion, but was too lazy to look myself ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']EDIT: any thoughts on if the chiptune bundle is good?[/QUOTE]

For a dollar, definitely. I already had two of the albums and I still got it - but then I'm a sucker for chiptune. You can probably find and listen to most of these on Bandcamp if you want to preview them.

Edit: Oh, and the new bonus for the Retro bundle: Chipocrite’s “Hit and Run (CNB Special Edition)”

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so do these usually reach all the bonuses? I already bought it, but I want to know if I should keep checking back today, or wait till it's all over[/QUOTE]

The Groupees games bundles almost always reach all the bonuses.

The music bundles vary greatly - usually they reach at least the first one or two but it depends.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Since I already have Anodyne, I'll probably just throw in a dollar for Dead Pixels, unless someone wants to sell me on Bleed.[/QUOTE]

I've only played the first level, but I'm already in love with it! It's a traditional sidescrolling shooter in many regards, but they have made it so easy and fun to zip around the level, that it feels very unique and is just a ton of fun! It's definitely made for a gamepad though. I managed to beat the first level with a the keyboard/mouse controls, but I wouldn't want to try and play the whole game like that.

[quote name='seamoss']The Groupees games bundles almost always reach all the bonuses.

The music bundles vary greatly - usually they reach at least the first one or two but it depends.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only times they didn't unlock all bonuses were for the first few bundles.. They were basically experimenting back then. They're much more professional now.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']any chance in heck that Hotline Miami could possibly be one of the bonus games?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but I think it would be dumb for them to not have added that to the main bundle rather than adding it in as a bonus, so it seems pretty unlikely.

[quote name='spoderman']Possibly, but I think it would be dumb for them to not have added that to the main bundle rather than adding it in as a bonus, so it seems pretty unlikely.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I was just hoping. Seems like it would fit the bundle perfectly (instantly came to mind when I started Bleed).

I agree with Spoders. I don't see why they wouldn't headline that title.

I really wish Sylia had at least a Desura key - since it looks mildly decent. I can't seem to keep up with games unless I have them in some client somewhere.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']any chance in heck that Hotline Miami could possibly be one of the bonus games?[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo! I already own HM but since I don't want it to be a bonus it will be. Chances are high if you only take my luck in to account.

Bought Retro and Chiptunes bundle. I had already listened to the tree of knowledge album...and I love chiptunes so it's an easy buy. The retro I had Dead Pixels (which I say is worth 1 good playthrough....too repetitive after a while....gave me like 2 hours worth of entertainment) and Anodyne (bought for a dollar a while back and played about 2 hours of it decent game), but the rest of the games look interesting. I also like the look of the bonus game announced so far....hope rest of bonuses are nice. Good job on the bundles Groupees!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Izod517']I agree with Spoders. I don't see why they wouldn't headline that title.

I really wish Sylia had at least a Desura key - since it looks mildly decent. I can't seem to keep up with games unless I have them in some client somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I messaged the developer about the chances of Sylia being added to Desura, so we should know he answer to that soon.

[quote name='spoderman']I messaged the developer about the chances of Sylia being added to Desura, so we should know he answer to that soon.[/QUOTE]

He will give you the same broken English answer he did with millennium 2 lol

Hotline Miami is published by Devolver Digital. They seem to have a relationship with Indie Royale. Off the top of my head, I can only recall one game published by Devolver Digital (Serious Same Double D) which has appeared in a bundle other than Indie Royale. So when it does eventually get bundled, my money is on it being in an IR bundle.

Besides all that, I agree with the sentiment already expressed in this thread that it's much too high profile game to be thrown in as an extra. It would be a cornerstone of any bundle that it appears in.

New bonus goal is Love+, which was also featured on IGS. Glad I passed on the IGS deal..

[quote name='The End']Hotline Miami is published by Devolver Digital. They seem to have a relationship with Indie Royale. Off the top of my head, I can only recall one game published by Devolver Digital (Serious Same Double D) which has appeared in a bundle other than Indie Royale. So when it does eventually get bundled, my money is on it being in an IR bundle.

Besides all that, I agree with the sentiment already expressed in this thread that it's much too high profile game to be thrown in as an extra. It would be a cornerstone of any bundle that it appears in.[/QUOTE]

That'll be another game I already have, if it gets included in an Indie Royale :whistle2:(

Love+ is like $2 on Desura normally. I bought it then because I liked the beta when the developer was seeking input. Still in my backlog though.

Well listening to the previews of just the first album in the chiptune bundle has me sold! For $1 it's a crazy deal, and this is from someone usually not a fan of chip-tunes;)

EDIT: Forgot to add my input that Love+ looks cool. Since it's only 11 levels I might actually manage to beat it (most of these stay in my backlog at infinitum):bouncy:

bread's done
Back