kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']
EDIT: Forgot to add my input that Love+ looks cool. Since it's only 11 levels I might actually manage to beat it (most of these stay in my backlog at infinitum):bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Got a little laugh out of the backlog at infinitum and your avatar (Professor Layton) because those Layton games are quite long. Have you played and beaten them all? Kind of random conversation but I quite like the games myself but only finished the first and working on the latest!

[quote name='nitrosmob']Got a little laugh out of the backlog at infinitum and your avatar (Professor Layton) because those Layton games are quite long. Have you played and beaten them all? Kind of random conversation but I quite like the games myself but only finished the first and working on the latest![/QUOTE]

I have beaten CV, DB, and UF, but need to get Last Spector (I don't know why I passed it when it was $20. Maybe the idea of a prequel doesn't appeal to me as much). I would gladly spend an eternity playing Layton games, so the longer the better for me! They are easily one of, if not #1, favorite game series ever:applause: Finally changed my router settings so my DS can download more puzzles, which is all to exciting:bouncy: I haven't got a 3DS, so Miracle Mask will have to wait unfortunately:cry: When Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton finally comes state side though I don't think I'll be able to hold off any longer;)

$3 seems like a good deal considering that Anodyne is relatively new.

I just got the bundle since Im on a retro kick thanks to Retro City Rampage being on sale on the 360. Figured I still had $3 saved from when I talked myself out of this weeks Humble Bundle since I knew I would never get around to playing those games. But retro games are always fun for a few quick minutes.

No doubt I'll buy the $1 tier... But in doubt about getting the $3 since already have anodyne. 8-bit commando looks like a mix between contra and midnight resistance. And Bleed reminds me of Abuse. I will play a demo of 8-bit first...

[quote name='juanjava']No doubt I'll buy the $1 tier... But in doubt about getting the $3 since already have anodyne. 8-bit commando looks like a mix between contra and midnight resistance. And Bleed reminds me of Abuse. I will play a demo of 8-bit first...[/QUOTE]

From the three levels I've played, 8-Bit is a fun little Contra style game. The main thing it's lacking though is much of any personality. It's just really generic in characters and locations. But it is fun, and will definitely offer a good challenge, provided you can get the controls how you like. It's a solid addition to the bundle, but probably one of the lesser games. Bleed is really fun though:applause:

Got a response back from Aldorlea. I asked if they had any plans to add Sylia or any of their other games to Desura (aside from Millennium 2).

Hmmm Millennium 2 for April.
Laxius Force at some point. But Desura is not a priority for me I'm afraid. When I'm done with Millennium 5, I'll see to add several games, such as 3 Stars of Destiny, Sylia etc.

Love+ is short. Can be finished easily within 30-45 minutes. The level editor is the main thing that adds replay value. Music is very good, gameplay is decent. Doesn't really do anything that most other platformers haven't done gameplay wise, aside from the level editor.

[quote name='spoderman']Love+ is short. Can be finished easily within 30-45 minutes. The level editor is the main thing that adds replay value. Music is very good, gameplay is decent. Doesn't really do anything that most other platformers haven't done gameplay wise, aside from the level editor.[/QUOTE]

Still looks fun though. Is there some problem with it working on intel graphics? I can't get past the splash screen:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Still looks fun though. Is there some problem with it working on intel graphics? I can't get past the splash screen:cry:[/QUOTE]

Have you tried pressing the "A" key? That, or the A button on a 360 gamepad. I think the splash screen stays there until you press one of those.

[quote name='spoderman']Have you tried pressing the "A" key? That, or the A button on a 360 gamepad. I think the splash screen stays there until you press one of those.[/QUOTE]

:applause:I feel so stupid now:rofl:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']:applause:I feel so stupid now:rofl:[/QUOTE]

lol I was confused at first too when the splash screen didn't go anywhere.

Actually, any key seems to work for getting past the splash screen.

[quote name='spoderman']lol I was confused at first too when the splash screen didn't go anywhere.

Actually, any key seems to work for getting past the splash screen.[/QUOTE]
yep press the any key
Press_any_key.jpg

[quote name='spoderman']Got a response back from Aldorlea. I asked if they had any plans to add Sylia or any of their other games to Desura (aside from Millennium 2).[/QUOTE]
Millenium FIVE? Oh my god, please kill me.

The new bonus goal is Tiny Plumbers, which was also in Indie Gala Mobile 2 (not sure if that bundle included the PC version). Game isn't on Desura/Steam.

[quote name='jazyje']Is this bundle worth $3? I'm afraid I'll buy it and never play these games...[/QUOTE]

Im sure theres heaps in the same situation ;).called a backlog...

[quote name='jazyje']Is this bundle worth $3? I'm afraid I'll buy it and never play these games...[/QUOTE]

I've enjoyed what I've played. Bleed is a really cool side scrolling shooter, Dead Pixel is a side scrolling beat em up with guns that I'm not to fond of but others seem to like, Love+ is a short but super sweet platformer, and 8-bit commando is a fun but very generic Contra style game. I haven't tried the others, but so far I've liked them all well enough. I think it's definitely worth it, as is the Chip-Tune bundle:)

I only really want it for Anodyne. Too bad you have to pay $3 to get it.

[quote name='bshirk']I only really want it for Anodyne. Too bad you have to pay $3 to get it.[/QUOTE]
Uh... buy Anodyne from someone on the forum? I'd imagine you could get it for a buck.

Or ask in Groupees chat.

Dead Pixels is kind of a simple RPG that's meant to be replayable but you'll only ever play it once.

Bleed is quite good and worth the price of admission. Bleed + 1 Play of DP is worth $3.

Smooth Operators and Anodyne might be good but have not played. Everything else is a wash. The rest is destined for the "Who am I kidding I'll never touch this garbage" corner of your backlog.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Uh... buy Anodyne from someone on the forum? I'd imagine you could get it for a buck.

Or ask in Groupees chat.[/QUOTE]

I might do that. Do you know if you get a Steam key later (if it becomes available there?)

[quote name='bshirk']I might do that. Do you know if you get a Steam key later (if it becomes available there?)[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean Anodyne is on Steam. For the others it depends on the dev but it's likely. The bundle is clearly worth $3.

I played an hour of anondyne before (bought from the author's website when it was name your price for a bit over a dollar)....well worth the 3 dollars alone. I am happy with the bundle and still feel groupees bundles give some of the most bang for your indie gaming buck.

I just want to reiterate that Bleed is very, very good and if you bought this for Anodyne and DP you really should give it a chance. Really, everything in the bundle is worth a shot by word of mouth alone except for 8-bit Commando which I just didn't find all that fun.

Tiny Plumbers is a demo apparently.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I just want to reiterate that Bleed is very, very good and if you bought this for Anodyne and DP you really should give it a chance. Really, everything in the bundle is worth a shot by word of mouth alone except for 8-bit Commando which I just didn't find all that fun.

Tiny Plumbers is a demo apparently.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you read that?

Wait, no, I was wrong. The Tiny Plumbers site said it was a demo, but only in BAB4. It's most likely the full version in THIS bundle.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Wait, no, I was wrong. The Tiny Plumbers site said it was a demo, but only in BAB4. It's most likely the full version in THIS bundle.[/QUOTE]
Joy.

Thought I would bring this to the front page, as they are doing something special for the last 24 hours of the bundle being up

First, all sales during the last 24 hours will go towards Aaron Adams, a muscular dystrophy college student who needs a safe van for him to get to school and doctor appointments. I guess safe van = handicap accessible or secured

Second, they added another game to the 3 dollar tier:
Oniken
[youtube]OfQJ0rlZn9k[/youtube]

Lastly, they added one more bonus, which is less than 500 bundle sales away from unlocking
AlterEgo DreamWalker
[youtube]acsq9c32fKo[/youtube]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just an FYI you can get the first Alter Ego game for free at the Free Indie Bundle site.[/QUOTE]

i actually just finished playing that the other day. didn't know there was a sequel, will certainly play it to:D

[quote name='speedwerd']Thought I would bring this to the front page, as they are doing something special for the last 24 hours of the bundle being up

First, all sales during the last 24 hours will go towards Aaron Adams, a muscular dystrophy college student who needs a safe van for him to get to school and doctor appointments. I guess safe van = handicap accessible or secured

Second, they added another game to the 3 dollar tier:
Oniken
[youtube]OfQJ0rlZn9k[/youtube]

Lastly, they added one more bonus, which is less than 500 bundle sales away from unlocking
AlterEgo DreamWalker
[youtube]acsq9c32fKo[/youtube]
[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I think I already own Oniken from one of the Indie Royale bundles, though. It's already on my Desura account, so I got it somewhere before. I guess when they get the keys in for that, I'll give it to a friend or I'll drop it here.

BTW Speedwerd, I'd just like to say that you do a nice job keeping this thread updated and I'd just like to say that I appreciate the effort that you put into it.

[quote name='the end']btw speedwerd, i'd just like to say that you do a nice job keeping this thread updated and i'd just like to say that i appreciate the effort that you put into it.[/quote]
+1

Oniken isn't great but it's worth it. Good fun.

Still think Bleed wins this bundle though but it's a great bundle all the same.

[quote name='The End']Sounds good. I think I already own Oniken from one of the Indie Royale bundles, though. It's already on my Desura account, so I got it somewhere before. I guess when they get the keys in for that, I'll give it to a friend or I'll drop it here.[/QUOTE]

Oniken was also in a greenlight bundle, though not a particularly good one.

[quote name='The End']
BTW Speedwerd, I'd just like to say that you do a nice job keeping this thread updated and I'd just like to say that I appreciate the effort that you put into it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I feel like everyone puts effort into the thread though :D

Paid $2 more just for Oniken. Been wanting that game, is so great! I hope the next game they're developing is as great as this one.

Have to try Bleed too

bread's done
Back