= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the topware bundle. Already have Earth 2160 on GMG and Steam, but will get 2140, 2150 and 2160 on GOG just to get the complete series. Same with JA Wildfire. It's the one I'm missing to get my JA2 collection complete on Steam.

I'm also looking at Pirates of Black Cove. The game looks nice

Is there any reason to have ALL of the Earth games if I'm not a big strategy gamer? Or is there one that is generally better than the others? Also, does anyone know how the Panzer Claws game is?

Are Earth 2140, 2150, and 2160 the same versions as are available on Gamersgate with expansions?

[quote name='bshirk']Are Earth 2140, 2150, and 2160 the same versions as are available on Gamersgate with expansions?[/QUOTE]
From the GoG Page:
The Trilogy includes the original Earth 2140 campaign along with Mission Pack 1 and Final Conflict Mission Pack
The Trilogy includes the original Earth 2150 campaign along with both expansions: The Moon Project and Lost Souls
So it seems 2140 and 50 have the expansions

[quote name='Eldredpe']When was that?

I have Jagged Alliance - Unfinished Business from when it was in the Interplay name-your-own-price deal, but no Wildfire.[/QUOTE]

Doh, you're right.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Is there any reason to have ALL of the Earth games if I'm not a big strategy gamer? Or is there one that is generally better than the others? Also, does anyone know how the Panzer Claws game is?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing about Panzer Claws. It's a game that's over 10 years old that seems to be in the same genre as a game like Blitzkrieg or the Men of War games. The really old reviews I found on IGN, GameSpot, and Strategy Informer seem to indicate it's a decent game (although not particularly unique), but I wonder how outdated it is.

Apparently, there is a demo, but I haven't tried it yet: http://www.fileplanet.com/113324/110000/fileinfo/WWII:panzer-Claws-Demo-(US)

I think I'm more interested in the bonus game, Knights & Merchants, than any of the other ones. I'd think about picking up Pirates of the Black Cove if it redeemed on Steam, but I'd rather not deal with yet another site if I can avoid it. As is, I think I'll wait for a "buy one game only" period and go with Panzer Claws, if only to get the bonus game.

Topware bundle just hit the first (and previously only) goal and they've added a new bonus: World War 3: Black Gold. Unlocks @ 2,500 bundles sold.

[quote name='ochentay4']Pirates of Black Cove Gold Edition its a really good game, GET IT.[/QUOTE]

I was interested in it... then read IGN's review that KILLED it.

Is the Gold edition really that much better?

[quote name='simpsonps121']I was interested in it... then read IGN's review that KILLED it.

Is the Gold edition really that much better?[/QUOTE]
I find that IGN is full of crap nine times out of ten.

I am a bit annoyed that the game is ONLY redeemable on Topware's site, though.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I find that IGN is full of crap nine times out of ten.

I am a bit annoyed that the game is ONLY redeemable on Topware's site, though.[/QUOTE]

IGN may be full of crap, but if even IGN gives a game a bad score then you know it's a crap game (and this one *is* crap by all acounts - just watch the GS review for one)

[quote name='Idiotekque']I find that IGN is full of crap nine times out of ten.

I am a bit annoyed that the game is ONLY redeemable on Topware's site, though.[/QUOTE]

Also, it has some kind of DRM, it need online activation. Nevertheless, Im enjoying the game and it doesnt need to be online.

Topware Bundle is doing a one game minimum special right now. No announcements about it on the chat, but I'd guess it will last until the end of the bundle. Which is a little bit over 21 hours at the moment.

EDIT: Looks like they've lowered the unlock point for the first goal in the Alpha Bundle. It was 1,500, now it's 1,275. They're 18 bundles away from hitting that mark. So we probably will get there and we'll at least get a look at what the second bonus might be.

EDIT #2: Through the magic of lowered expectations, they've hit the first bonus and revealed the second bonus. Bonus #2 is another Alpha game called Dungeon Prospector. It appears to be a rouge-like. it unlocks at 1,300, which is only 13 bundles away as I type this.

So over in the Alpha bundle chat window Jonny announced that a new Build-A-Greenlight bundle is in the works. Here are some quotes from Jonny.

not sure we'll be adding anything more to the Alpha bundle
too busy finalizing things for the upcoming Build a Greenlight Bundle
want to make that especially nice
:)

let's see, i hinted about one game
think the clue was

ok, here's another clue for another game...

You have no memories... You don't know who you are

one more clue for yet another game

Sandbox + Action

so one of you has correctly identified one of the games from the 3 clues/games i provided
carry on

ok, last clue for 4th game on greenlight
puzzle platformer

name of the puzzle platformer is also connected to S.T.A.L.K.E.R series

ok, that's 4 games... best stop or Shifty will get mad

[quote name='The End']So over in the Alpha bundle chat window Jonny announced that a new Build-A-Greenlight bundle is in the works. Here are some quotes from him.[/QUOTE]

Spoderman guessed the bird one, it'a crow. He also showed me groupees green light bundle page on steam, I would have to imagine that some of the games they have on there will be in this.

[quote name='The End']So over in the Alpha bundle chat window Jonny announced that a new Build-A-Greenlight bundle is in the works. Here are some quotes from Jonny.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been looking at the chat but..

The "BIRD" hint is for Crow, and "You have no memories... You don't know who you are" is for Grimind. That's 2 out of 4.

and.. their greenlight collection page (might help with identifying other games based on hints): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=101693295

EDIT: The STALKER hint is probably for Gravi.. so that's 3 out of 4 guessed, 1 more to go ;)

EDIT 2: Not 100% sure about this, but the final game (sandbox hint) seems like it'll be Darkout. There, all guessed!

So.. to restate

"BIRD": Crow
"You have no memories... You don't know who you are": Grimind
STALKER: Gravi
Sandbox: Darkout

So I ended up getting a few games in the Topware bundle, and I'm wondering about this Topware DRM. I redeemed the key for the bonus game, WW3: Black Gold, but I can't see a way to link the code or the game to my account on their site. Anyone have any luck with that, or did they seriously just give away keys that could be used by anyone?

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']So I ended up getting a few games in the Topware bundle, and I'm wondering about this Topware DRM. I redeemed the key for the bonus game, WW3: Black Gold, but I can't see a way to link the code or the game to my account on their site. Anyone have any luck with that, or did they seriously just give away keys that could be used by anyone?[/QUOTE]

Probably the latter. I don't think Topware or Zuxxez (sp?) actually do much in the way of direct game sales, so they probably don't really have site architecture in place to have user accounts with games attached. I couldn't attest to this directly because I haven't really bothered to use any of the Topware keys (mostly interested in the Gog ones).

I don't believe the Topware keys can be linked to an account, what warreni is saying is true. They're useless to me, I don't trust the Topware store for downloads. I think Groupees should've stuck with DRM-free versions hosted on your Groupees download page rather than given Topware keys..

I got busy doing other stuff last night and forgot to grab a few games from the Topware bundle like I meant to. Strangely enough, I don't seem to actually care all that much that I missed out.

[quote name='warreni']Probably the latter. I don't think Topware or Zuxxez (sp?) actually do much in the way of direct game sales, so they probably don't really have site architecture in place to have user accounts with games attached. I couldn't attest to this directly because I haven't really bothered to use any of the Topware keys (mostly interested in the Gog ones).[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I wonder if there's any difference between the Topware key to, say, the WW2 game and the DRM free download that Groupees offers.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']Fair enough. I wonder if there's any difference between the Topware key to, say, the WW2 game and the DRM free download that Groupees offers.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded K&M:TPR from Groupees and Topware and they're the same (the file names are identical).

The filenames are also the same for JA2:WF as well, so I think they're also the same.

The WW2 game only has a Topware key on my Groupees page, no Groupees DRM-free download.

Not sure if this is intentional, but my Topware key for JA2:WF gives me *two* downloads on the Topware site: one for JA2:WF and another for JA2 itself. Could be a mistake so you may want to download the Topware files before this gets fixed.

Build a Greenlight Bundle's page is up, goes live in 1 day and 9 hours.

http://groupees.com/bagb2

Also, new hint given. "teeth". Probably Enamel.

EDIT: Another hint. "LRS". Has to be Little Racers Street.

EDIT 2: And another hint.. "harsh measures". I'm thinking it might be Stranded Deep, not sure though. Draconian Wars may be more likely

Pretty dramatic music in that video.

Darkout - Leaning towards picking this one up.
Death Ray Manta - Not interested. Already own about a dozen other games that look like this and I never play them.
Enamel - Probably not. Don't really like the look of it, and the animations in the clip look hilariously bad.
Ichi - I already own this twice over. Don't need a third copy.
Grimind - Maybe. I'll have to check some more gameplay footage,
Crow - Looks Good. I'll probably pick this up.
Little Racer STREET - Very interested.
Gravi - meh. I guess I might talk myself into buying it. But not too excited about it right now.
Draconian Wars - Yes Please

Probably gonna wait until they do a one game special and buy the games individually so I can get multiple copies of the bonus'. I wish I'd done that with the last Build-A-Greelight bundle. I'd be swimming in La Mulana codes right now if I had.

Death Ray Manta was in Bundle in a Box 2, but isn't on Desura yet. I asked Jonny if the non-desura games (Enamel, Crow, Death Ray Manta) would be coming to Desura and have a Desura key if that happens, and he said "pretty sure yes, but i'll check with shifty"

Anyway, Ichi has been in 4 other bundles, and both Gravi and Little Racer STREET were in indiebundle.org bundles. I personally avoid buying all the indiebundle.org bundles so I'm glad Gravi/Little Racer STREET showed up in this bundle.

[quote name='spoderman']Death Ray Manta was in Bundle in a Box 2, but isn't on Desura yet. I asked Jonny if the non-desura games (Enamel, Crow, Death Ray Manta) would be coming to Desura and have a Desura key if that happens, and he said "pretty sure yes, but i'll check with shifty"

Anyway, Ichi has been in 4 other bundles, and both Gravi and Little Racer STREET were in indiebundle.org bundles. I personally avoid buying all the indiebundle.org bundles so I'm glad Gravi/Little Racer STREET showed up in this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was thinking... I considered Little Racer STREET before, it musta been in another bundle... oh *that* one, yep remembered why I hadn't picked it up before. Now's my chance.

Hmm, unless DRM's desura key gets included before I buy in (late in the sale) I'll skip it.

[quote name='The End']Pretty dramatic music in that video.

Death Ray Manta - Not interested. Already own about a dozen other games that look like this and I never play them.
Enamel - Probably not. Don't really like the look of it, and the animations in the clip look hilariously bad.
Gravi - meh. I guess I might talk myself into buying it. But not too excited about it right now.

Probably gonna wait until they do a one game special and buy the games individually so I can get multiple copies of the bonus'. I wish I'd done that with the last Build-A-Greelight bundle. I'd be swimming in La Mulana codes right now if I had.[/QUOTE]

I checked the greenlight page for Enamel.. and the animations do look hilariously bad.. so much that it makes me WANT to play it. I'm sure I'd get a good laugh out of it.

I found a developer's comment on the greenlight page about the bad animations:

Yes, these videos are taken from early Beta, but to be honest, the animation has been improved only slightly since then.

[quote name='The End']Pretty dramatic music in that video.

Probably gonna wait until they do a one game special and buy the games individually so I can get multiple copies of the bonus'. I wish I'd done that with the last Build-A-Greelight bundle. I'd be swimming in La Mulana codes right now if I had.[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think Mr. End

interested in a few of these. Really like the look of Crow, but doubt it would run on my lousy integrated card. Ichi seems like my kind of game, so might pick that one up. Not interested in any more geometry wars type games, and LRS doesn't interest me. Darkout looks interesting, but if it's just a more realistic Terraria I'll probably pass.

Definitely more that I like than the last two bundles, which I passed on. Hope the bonuses are good:)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']interested in a few of these. Really like the look of Crow, but doubt it would run on my lousy integrated card. [/QUOTE]

Crow is actually an iOS game ported to PC, so you'll probably be fine running it.

[quote name='Jon7']Crow is actually an iOS game ported to PC, so you'll probably be fine running it.[/QUOTE]

thanks. All I could find were Mac requirements, but I think I meet them. Will probably get it now:)

[quote name='The End']
[/QUOTE]

• Darkout - YES. Reminds me of Terraria (I LOVE Terraria!). I'm curious how it can turn out...
  • Death Ray Manta - Not interested. Same opinion as you
  • Enamel - I don't know why, but I liked what I saw on the videos. It's very obscure... I really liked Deadly 30, and this game reminds me of it, on a more "advanced" way
  • Ichi - same as you, own it even on my phone
  • Grimind - Same as you... need more gameplay videos
  • Crow - I'm curious about it. Will get it
  • Little Racer STREET - Need a game like this, an "Isometric racing game". Didn't like Death Rally, hope the controls on this game are better
  • Gravi - Noup. I'm not very fan of puzzle platformers, and already have a lot of them
  • Draconian Wars - Never played this kind of game (cards). I don't know if I should try this one

If it helps put anyone over the edge the Devs for Gravi are super nice guys and they do a ton of Giveaways on SteamGifts to try and promo their game.

bread's done
Back