= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']lol 20,000? Why don't they just make it a million?[/QUOTE]

Jonny has agreed to make it a million. Now we can all blame The End for the new requirement!

But yeah, 20k is pretty high, we'll reach it, but it'll take days to get there.

EDIT: Jonny clarified that the "Greek" hint was for the current bonus game, not the mystery game lol. Makes sense now, might not be God Mode!

I'm actually pretty interested in Eleusis. Looks kinda like Amnesia and Alan Wake, and actually seems to have pretty good production values. Freaking crazy goal though, but oh well, guess I don't really need to play it immediately. To bad it's not on Steam though:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm actually pretty interested in Eleusis. Looks kinda like Amnesia and Alan Wake, and actually seems to have pretty good production values. Freaking crazy goal though, but oh well, guess I don't really need to play it immediately. To bad it's not on Steam though:cry:[/QUOTE]

The greenlight page for it seems relatively healthy, though.

Would not be too surprised to see it get greenlit.

[quote name='Eldredpe']The greenlight page for it seems relatively healthy, though.

Would not be too surprised to see it get greenlit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, forgot to check. But judging by the system requirements listed, I'll have to get an upgrade before I can play it anyway:cry:

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']This has been a pretty good $5 bundle for me. Was always interested in Blood Bowl but never wanted to invest much. Even if this isn't the latest version it's still a cheap way to try the game. Also varying degrees of interest in Blades of Time, Karateka, Patrician IV and Drakensang so it comes to $1 a game which is pretty good. As usual will ignore the Desura games and the "music". :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the Chaos Edition really doesn't add much. There's more than enough content in this one.

I guess Blood Bowl hasn't been bundled before, so it is a fairly good addition. It's just the obscure Polish giveaway that decreased its value...

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Yeah, forgot to check. But judging by the system requirements listed, I'll have to get an upgrade before I can play it anyway:cry:[/QUOTE]
Ante up bro!

I like the look of Eleusis, but... did anyone else think of a town covered in fog in the middle of Maine when reading the synopsis?

Advance apologies for an ambiguous question as I was unsure if this would (still) be considered a spoiler for that particular game/series.

We'll I've played over two hours of Fairy Bloom Freesia and I've been having a blast (on Day 15 atm). It takes me back to those obscure but mad fun Japanese PS2 games. It's in the same category as games like Odin Sphere. I'm quite impressed with it.

A couple notes/tips...
I'd recommend using a controller with a good D-pad. Also, you're going to want to remap your contoller (defaults are not 360 standard).
Guarding at the right time is important.
If you're running 5.1 (or 7.1 audio) in audio options turn off "low freq rumble".
This is a Japanese fighting game; you might enjoy it more by starting on Easy.

[quote name='asheskitty']We'll I've played over two hours of Fairy Bloom Freesia and I've been having a blast (on Day 15 atm). It takes me back to those obscure but mad fun Japanese PS2 games. It's in the same category as games like Odin Sphere. I'm quite impressed with it.

A couple notes/tips...
I'd recommend using a controller with a good D-pad. Also, you're going to want to remap your contoller (defaults are not 360 standard).
Guarding at the right time is important.
If you're running 5.1 (or 7.1 audio) in audio options turn off "low freq rumble".
This is a Japanese fighting game; you might enjoy it more by starting on Easy.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna ask you what you thought, since I saw you playing it quite a bit. Glad to hear it's good, I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out. So when you say start on easy, is that just for the enemy difficulty (ie. they have more hit points, do more damage), or are the mechanics difficult to master. I suck incredibly at fighting games, but this looked a lot less combo oriented than something like Street Fighter or Tekken.

[quote name='LoneGhost']I like the look of Eleusis, but... did anyone else think of a town covered in fog in the middle of Maine when reading the synopsis?

Advance apologies for an ambiguous question as I was unsure if this would (still) be considered a spoiler for that particular game/series.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're getting at.

Innsmouth?

Every Stephen King story ever?

A game about being drunk on a foggy Maine downtown street?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I was gonna ask you what you thought, since I saw you playing it quite a bit. Glad to hear it's good, I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out. So when you say start on easy, is that just for the enemy difficulty (ie. they have more hit points, do more damage), or are the mechanics difficult to master. I suck incredibly at fighting games, but this looked a lot less combo oriented than something like Street Fighter or Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Easy difficulty because the stages are typically 90-180 (no time limit) seconds, but well, if you can't avoid enough damage while dealing enough damage, you could get stuck at the Day 5 boss or the few days after him, or the Day 10 boss, etc..

Mechanically it's simple -- direction + button. There's no complex input sequences to master. There is some loadout configurability. It's mainly about timing & avoidance (somewhat DMC-like / shump-like) with higher level tactics. When people talk about combos in Freesia they really mean attack chaining. Also you can knock enemies into other enemies can create a nice pinball effect, especially if they are clustered.

Fairy Bloom Freesia may have some sound compatibility issues depending on what sound card you're using. In my case, waterfalls and vortexes were my worst enemy, they overpowered every sound in the game and volume controls didn't help.

To fix, I had to set channels to 4 in my sound card driver software. I use a HT Omega Striker.

[quote name='asheskitty']Easy difficulty because the stages are typically 90-180 (no time limit) seconds, but well, if you can't avoid enough damage while dealing enough damage, you could get stuck at the Day 5 boss or the few days after him, or the Day 10 boss, etc..

Mechanically it's simple -- direction + button. There's no complex input sequences to master. There is some loadout configurability. It's mainly about timing & avoidance (somewhat DMC-like / shump-like) with higher level tactics. When people talk about combos in Freesia they really mean attack chaining. Also you can knock enemies into other enemies can create a nice pinball effect, especially if they are clustered.[/QUOTE]

Sounds perfect for me, will have to load it up soon. Thanks for the insight/mine review:) So has anyone tried Patrician IV yet? Reviews seems to be so so, but it sounds like the DLC fixed a lot.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I have no idea what you're getting at.

Innsmouth?

Every Stephen King story ever?

A game about being drunk on a foggy Maine downtown street?[/QUOTE]

Regrettably my Lovecraft knowledge is dreadfully shallow and must thank you for reminding me. I literally had no idea what Innsmouth was till I looked it up.

As far as King goes, I shake my head for forgetting that, and by that comment alone realize how stupidly vague mine was. Though that too was not what I was referring to.

I suppose I must just have
Silent Hill
on speed dial inside my brain as that is literally the first thing I thought of when a character seeks refuge in an eerie town
then inevitably stumbles into a "nest of a cult which plans to revive a dark force via ritual" etc etc

Again, the gameplay looks nothing like it, just the synopsis written out of Groupees. I don't know why I put the two together, but in hindsight, it was a frail connection as the setting has obviously been used alot.

Yeah, the whole "mysterious town where a cult is trying to revive an ancient evil" made me think of Silent Hill automatically, but they never outright stated that Silent Hill is in Maine. People inferred it from various bits of info, but the average person wouldn't realize (or care) that it's in Maine.

I live in Maine. Silent Hill is not here, although Stephen King and the places in more than a few of his stories are.

* the scariest place in Maine is Kennebunkport, home to the Bush compound for more than a century

The next bonus game sounds interesting...will just have to wait a while to get it.....I'm liking this bundle so far though....lots of quirky games for sure and Fairy Bloom Freesia is very fun...I usually buy Nyu Media games when they're released and have a slight sale....nice to support them, and this one is a fun kind of arena based brawler type game. Takes slight getting used to controls and mechanics but it's fun.

Jonny Cappuccino
5:06 PM

so here's a clue (i guess)... the 2nd mystery game is definitely "indie"
Peter

Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures
solved
Jonny Cappuccino

and same is true of the last bonus game -- #10

Not a great hint, but thought I'd post it.

I've left my own commentary in place for comedic effect. ;)

[quote name='Eldredpe']Not a great hint, but thought I'd post it.

I've left my own commentary in place for comedic effect. ;)[/QUOTE]

OMG, you're Jonny?

Yeah, I know, you're Peter.

[quote name='asheskitty']OMG, you're Jonny?

Yeah, I know, you're Peter.
[/QUOTE]

If I were Jonny this would all be very awkward for Idiotekque and Spoder.

Quote from the chat.

1:09 PM
Jonny Cappuccino - sorry, on the phone...
so we'll add a 10th bonus gme
game
but that might not be added for a bit
just fyi

Random chat dude - 30k sales?

Jonny Cappuccino - what i mean to say is, we'll not add it to the system for abit
so, we'll have the 9th bonus
and then we'll wait a bit before adding the 10th bonus
some logistical things to work out

Random chat dude - I doubt we reach 30K sales

Random chat dude - I have my doubts that we'll reach 20,000

Random chat dude - 8 days to go
we'll probably reach 20k

Random chat dude - Well me too but I think 20K is doable

Random chat dude - and what would be the sales lvl for these new bonuses?

Jonny Cappuccino - wow, such doubters
i
we'll reach 20k by wednesday

Random chat dude - Wanna bet Johny
:D

Random chat dude - Your crystal ball telling you that?

Jonny Cappuccino - stats tell me that

Random chat dude - and sales probably increase after revealing the mystery game

Random chat dude - Still have my doubts, but I hope you're right.

Random chat dude - Okay I hold you to that

Jonny Cappuccino - in any event, just as an fyi, we'll likely be extending the bundle a week

Random chat dude - if you revealed the mystery game early, you'll definitely boost sales ;) ;) ;)

Jonny Cappuccino - just because the last bonus game is so nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he's probably going to increase the last 2 bonuses so one of the requirements will be 30k.. ain't no way we're reaching that without extending the bundle (which I'm assuming if why he's extending it).

2nd mystery game is Guncraft, which is what I originally guessed a while ago.. all that's left now is the 10th bonus (which is a Steam game).

[quote name='spoderman']2nd mystery game is Guncraft, which is what I originally guessed a while ago.. all that's left now is the 10th bonus (which is a Steam game).[/QUOTE]

It's going to be..........Rain slick precipice of darkness 3

Jonny spent all day collecting steam codes yesterday.

[quote name='spoderman']2nd mystery game is Guncraft, which is what I originally guessed a while ago..[/QUOTE]

You are a regular Sherlock Spoder.

Awesome. I was so on the verge of buying Guncraft so many times. Especially since one of the guys is a CAG, but I never quite got around to pulling the trigger (The beta didn't impress me to be perfectly honest). Glad to see it as a bonus here.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Awesome. I was so on the verge of buying Guncraft so many times. Especially since one of the guys is a CAG, but I never quite got around to pulling the trigger (The beta didn't impress me to be perfectly honest). Glad to see it as a bonus here.[/QUOTE]

Well I hope you like it now :). Dunno when the last time you played was, but quite a bit has changed. We also have a butt load of new stuff we'll be doing soon too. Like this is our most recently teased/announced mode.

Meteor Survival

Whelp, looks like I was wrong about the 20,000 bundles unlock point for bonus #8. Not only are they gonna hit it, but they're gonna hit it with at least 5 days left. Hell, it will probably be unlocked before I get up tomorrow.

Maybe there is hope for a 30,000 goal for the final bonus. Especially if they add another week.

[quote name='Darknuke']Well I hope you like it now :). Dunno when the last time you played was, but quite a bit has changed. We also have a butt load of new stuff we'll be doing soon too. Like this is our most recently teased/announced mode.

Meteor Survival[/QUOTE]

Nice of you to stop by.

I'm excited to give Guncraft a shot try.

[quote name='The End']Whelp, looks like I was wrong about the 20,000 bundles unlock point for bonus #8. Not only are they gonna hit it, but they're gonna hit it with at least 5 days left. Hell, it will probably be unlocked before I get up tomorrow.

Maybe there is hope for a 30,000 goal for the final bonus. Especially if they add another week.[/QUOTE]

It'll reach 30k for sure if there's a time extension (which there probably will be). It won't reach it with 5 days/14 hours left though, unless the last bonus game is super amazing.

[quote name='Darknuke']Well I hope you like it now :). Dunno when the last time you played was, but quite a bit has changed. We also have a butt load of new stuff we'll be doing soon too. Like this is our most recently teased/announced mode.

Meteor Survival[/QUOTE]

I suspect the issue was the server I was on. I could only get on one server when I tried the beta out and I would spend fifteen to twenty minutes running around not being able to do anything. My bullets wouldn't kill anyone and I would run out and no ammo to be found.

I'm not totally sure if I'm reading the Groupees chat correctly, but Jonny is making it sound like they're not going to reveal the next bonus game immediately after we unlock the current music bonus.

new bonus GAME will not be revealed right away
for logistical reasons
but each day we'll be adding clues
Basically, it's a bonus mystery game..? :???:

[quote name='spoderman']I'm not totally sure if I'm reading the Groupees chat correctly, but Jonny is making it sound like they're not going to reveal the next bonus game immediately after we unlock the current music bonus.

Basically, it's a bonus mystery game..? :???:[/QUOTE]

so does that mean only for the $5 tier? If so I'm gonna be rather disappointed:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so does that mean only for the $5 tier? If so I'm gonna be rather disappointed:cry:[/QUOTE]

No, that's not what I meant.. it's just similar to how they didn't reveal the mystery games until later on.

[quote name='spoderman']No, that's not what I meant.. it's just similar to how they didn't reveal the mystery games until later on.[/QUOTE]

gotcha, thanks. I was wondering why they only listed as having 9 bonuses. Clearly it's not to surprise people, so it seems a bit pointless to me. If I was just a random buyer and I saw 9/9 bonuses, I wouldn't feel as compelled to buy it as if it said 9/10. The air of mystery is part of the fun, but I expect a lot of people don't pay attention to the chat and have no idea. But then again, they gave us RADical Roach, so Groupees clearly doesn't always make the best calls:booty:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']gotcha, thanks. I was wondering why they only listed as having 9 bonuses. Clearly it's not to surprise people, so it seems a bit pointless to me. If I was just a random buyer and I saw 9/9 bonuses, I wouldn't feel as compelled to buy it as if it said 9/10. The air of mystery is part of the fun, but I expect a lot of people don't pay attention to the chat and have no idea. But then again, they gave us RADical Roach, so Groupees clearly doesn't always make the best calls:booty:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a stupid decision to not list it as 10 bonuses. They fixed that a few minutes ago though, so now it shows 9 of 10. Groupees makes very questionable decisions to their site design that fucks up sales. Another example is not showing all live bundles on the homepage, you have to click on the "Live now" button to see all of them, which most people aren't going to do.

Issues like that could be fixed so easily.. but they choose not to.. lol

bread's done
Back