kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
So far...

This Day Burns: Really good, you don't come across very much female fronted hard rock. The singer reminds me a bit of Lacey Mosley, though not as spritey sounding. The guy on back up vocals has a shitty voice, but he mostly just throws screams in and sounds fine. Looking forward to listening to the rest of this band.

Android Lust: Really experimental and weird, so some songs are interesting while others are just like... nah. Hard to judge this band just yet.

Christina Marie Magenta: Uh... not very good. I don't get it. She just doesn't sound very good, I don't even know what to call it. Probably will be deleting this band once I've listened to most of it.

Summery Mind: Pretty cool, just some rock. Her voice leaves a little to be desired, but I haven't listened to enough of it to make a good judgment of the band. I don't hate it though.
Diamonds Under Fire: Punk/grunge hybrid band with shallow, poorly-written lyrics; one song's hook is "isn't this world deceiving for you/killing heartache/empty sometimes friendly/blah blah blah" without proper tone and emphasis, and it is REALLY bad. The punk sound reminds me of a better female-led indie band called Vagiant, whereas some of the electronica sounds a little like Garbage. But the vocalist doesn't have good range, so the choruses are monotonous. Pretty bad.

Nemesea: Decent, operatic techno; reminds me of bands such as Sonata Arctica, Lacuna Coil, and Evanescence, but with more synth and less metal. Vocalist has a good voice, even if her lyrics fall short of significant on some songs. They could be a great mainstream band if the lead guitarist was technically adept and didn't write Dragonforce quality lyrics. He plays very basic chords repeatedly. There's a male back-up singer that throws out a line every so often, but it's melodic. You get two EPs in their collection.

The Nearly Deads: Okay, you guys need to download this one. Everything in this band reminds me of Hayley Williams and Paramore, only with more fluff and less hardness. They have harmonic cogency and the most musical skill out of the ones I've listened to so far. Piano is also mixed into some of the songs. Recommended.

Diamonds Under Fire: Punk/grunge hybrid band with shallow, poorly-written lyrics; one song's hook is "isn't this world deceiving for you/killing heartache/empty sometimes friendly/blah blah blah" without proper tone and emphasis, and it is REALLY bad. The punk sound reminds me of a better female-led indie band called Vagiant, whereas some of the electronica sounds a little like Garbage. But the vocalist doesn't have good range, so the choruses are monotonous. Pretty bad.

Nemesea: Decent, operatic techno; reminds me of bands such as Sonata Arctica, Lacuna Coil, and Evanescence, but with more synth and less metal. Vocalist has a good voice, even if her lyrics fall short of significant on some songs. They could be a great mainstream band if the lead guitarist was technically adept and didn't write Dragonforce quality lyrics. He plays very basic chords repeatedly. There's a male back-up singer that throws out a line every so often, but it's melodic. You get two EPs in their collection.

The Nearly Deads: Okay, you guys need to download this one. Everything in this band reminds me of Hayley Williams and Paramore, only with more fluff and less hardness. They have harmonic cogency and the most musical skill out of the ones I've listened to so far. Piano is also mixed into some of the songs. Recommended.
Basically all agreed besides Diamonds Under Fire. They were in a past bundle and their stuff is pretty good, it reminds me of a 90s band called L-7 a bit. They didn't include much of them in this bundle, and the ones they did are pretty so so. The last album was a lot better. Squirrel was a fan of it as well.

Thought the same thing with The Nearly Deads singer and Hayley Williams. Unfortunately they wind up sounding like a weaker knockoff of Paramore, and her singing in some of the songs is a little cringey. Not terrible though.

I mostly agree with both of these.

Nemesea really sounds like Evanescence. The girl in Nemesea has a really nice voice, almost on par with Amy Lee.

The Nearly Deads... eh. Overall, it sounds pretty good. But the singer has a country accent that turns me off. If you enjoy country AND Paramore, you'd probably like it. If you're me, and really hate country, then you might not want to bother either. Shame, cause I actually really wanted to like it.

Nemesea really sounds like Evanescence. The girl in Nemesea has a really nice voice, almost on par with Amy Lee.

The Nearly Deads... eh. Overall, it sounds pretty good. But the singer has a country accent that turns me off. If you enjoy country AND Paramore, you'd probably like it. If you're me, and really hate country, then you might not want to bother either. Shame, cause I actually really wanted to like it.
Actually, Summery Mind's singer reminds me more of Hayley Williams, and the singer is really good (the first song I heard wasn't a good example, I've listened to more and she's great). Nearly Deads' singer reminds me of Cassadee Pope when she was in Hey Monday (before she won the voice and went country). Except Cassadee has a much better voice.

I don't know what you're talking about. I mean he never, ever goes out of his way to disagree with me, in the most seemingly innocent way possible so that I can't call him out on it.
Are we doing this again?
dTJwW59.gif

Actually, Summery Mind's singer reminds me more of Hayley Williams, and the singer is really good (the first song I heard wasn't a good example, I've listened to more and she's great). Nearly Deads' singer reminds me of Cassadee Pope when she was in Hey Monday (before she won the voice and went country). Except Cassadee has a much better voice.

dTJwW59.gif
They both remind me of bootleg Paramores. In fact, Nearly Dead would be better off as a Paramore cover band. But I agree, those to are the least offensive of the bunch. The last one just outright sucks.

They also added Desura keys for Clusterpuck 99 for Build a Greenlight Bundle 8 a couple of days ago (it was a bonus so everyone got it). For most people.

Myself and another guy over at SPUF didn't get it for some reason so I've had to write to Groupees support and give it their usual 4 days email turn around time lately since I don't feel like sitting in the 90s AOL chat room.
Shit I'm still trying to get them to my purchase to show up that posted on my CC. This will be going on 2 weeks soon. You're right the support is really slow.

If you have the time and can put yourself in a 1990s YOU'VE GOT MAIL mindset, they're honestly much faster if you get into their stupid support chat room. But you have to catch it when they are around and some of them are on Euro time so you may not necessarily get in there at a time when a live person is around either.

They apparently haven't heard of this new thing called forum software.

I just listened to Allein by Nemesea. It's not Til Lindemann from Rammstein, but the guy sounds exactly like him. Pretty awesome duet. They're a German band, and she is hot. Better than that foreign Kickstarter chick with the sweater puppies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfLlauLIVwk

They also added Desura keys for Clusterpuck 99 for Build a Greenlight Bundle 8 a couple of days ago (it was a bonus so everyone got it). For most people.

Myself and another guy over at SPUF didn't get it for some reason so I've had to write to Groupees support and give it their usual 4 days email turn around time lately since I don't feel like sitting in the 90s AOL chat room.
So I'm just "another guy over at SPUF" huh? :p

Actually, my post count is so low that I deserve that. At least I can point to my CAG join date for e-peen purposes.

Finally got around to sending my support request to Groupees today. If I don't have time to hang out on CAG and post all day, I sure as hell can't sit around in Groupees' chat room waiting for Shifty or another of their flunkies to help me out.

I just listened to Allein by Nemesea. It's not Til Lindemann from Rammstein, but the guy sounds exactly like him. Pretty awesome duet. They're a German band, and she is hot. Better than that foreign Kickstarter chick with the sweater puppies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfLlauLIVwk
Two reasons why I like her

gallery_338480_7901_14711.jpeg

buying this bundle

"Christina Marie Magenta (CmM) is an American industrial rock band"

Well, she fooled me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o-aCiNItCQ

Her music videos are even worse than her music...
and guys, this is why acid was invented.

to tolerate this crap

No Desura key for Clusterpuck, not even going to bother.
I'm missing it too. Hopefully they give it to me without too much trouble.
Bah, I didn't get a key either =/
So I'm just "another guy over at SPUF" huh? :p

Actually, my post count is so low that I deserve that. At least I can point to my CAG join date for e-peen purposes.

Finally got around to sending my support request to Groupees today. If I don't have time to hang out on CAG and post all day, I sure as hell can't sit around in Groupees' chat room waiting for Shifty or another of their flunkies to help me out.
:lol: Sorry, I tend to associate people here by Avatar. :p

Anyhow, I sent an email to Groupees support Tuesday and it's now Thursday and nothing. Though the last time I contacted them (about the Kel dev drama) it took them 4 or 5 days to respond so I guess that's their response time now if you're not in their damned chat room.

If I don't get one by the weekend I might sit in the god damned chat room and deal with Shifty I guess. Or the developer actually said if you don't get keys through Groupees to contact him so might just go that route and not deal with Groupees bullshit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/276529416/1408990382
Desura Keys for Groupees
AUGUST 25 - PHL COLLECTIVE
Hi everyone - if you purchased ClusterPuck 99 through the Groupees Greenlight bundle you should be receiving your Desura keys shortly. We delivered them to Groupees today!

If you're not receiving them or having issues please reach out to us through Steam or our website.

Thanks,
PHL Collective

Groupees actually answered me today:

Hello,

I'm sorry about that. We are working on getting more Desura keys. Once we do, we will distribute them to everyone.

Regards,
Eric
So at least they're aware of it.

What's the email I can use for that and do I have to email them a receipt or such? I will try again.
https://twitter.com/Frogwares/status/396228820581097473

I sent them screencaps of my Groupees profile with the bundle on it, and one of the PayPal payment receipt email. It took two days but I got it.

Sharkmuffin is pretty cool. Little loud distorted punk rock trio with horrifically short songs and pointless noise sessions.

I think I need to hire them to do the Shark-chan theme song.

https://twitter.com/Frogwares/status/396228820581097473

I sent them screencaps of my Groupees profile with the bundle on it, and one of the PayPal payment receipt email. It took two days but I got it.
Awesome news.

Fired off some screenies + an e-mail to them.

I've gotta go back to Summery Mind. They are really, really good. Front runner for this music bundle, they've grown on me very quickly. I could totally hear most of their songs playing on the radio along with other chick rocker groups like Halestorm and Pretty Reckless.

bread's done
Back