GS: Buy GH Aerosmith for $9.99 and get wired Xplorer Guitar Free (360)- YMMV?

beniah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this deal specifically posted-

For a limited time at Gamestop pick up GH Aerosmith for 30$ and get a new Xplorer guitar for free. I didn't ask about PS3 so I don't know if it applies- also I'm not sure how long the deal will run.

However, GH Aersosmith is not that cool in my opinion...unless you really like the band. Its about 80% Aerosmith songs :)

Peace

(edit: I picked up this deal plus GH III for $15 as the used deal of the week. 2 GH games + a new Guitar for 45$ = Cheap Ass!)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Robman62']o ok, I wish he let me buy 2 then.....o well I might gp back later today and pick up the last one they had...they had plenty of games but on more X-plorer was hidind up where the wireless controllers are....I hope noone gets it....btw, would bestbuy take the sealed copy of Aerosmith?[/quote]

Return fraud, and no. BestBuy requires receipts.

Most Gamestops have more Xplorers in the back, from what I've seen.

[quote name='Robman62']I hope noone gets it....btw, would bestbuy take the sealed copy of Aerosmith?[/quote]

Stop talking about return fraud.

[quote name='manthing']Stop talking about return fraud.[/quote]

It is not return fraud, there is NO SUCH THING AS RETURN FRAUD
stop trying to act like you know what you are talking about.

1. It would be called CONSUMER FRAUD
2. Many stores, namely Walmart, which are outlet stores, DO TAKE RETURNS of sealed items from other stores no questions asked this is extremely YMMV, but it does happen and in that case it is not fraud, as it is the same as taking advantage of a pricing mistake and using a price match.

[quote name='Robman62']It is not return fraud, there is NO SUCH THING AS RETURN FRAUD

2. Many stores, namely Walmart, which are outlet stores, DO TAKE RETURNS of sealed items from other stores no questions asked this is extremely YMMV, but it does happen and in that case it is not fraud, as it is the same as taking advantage of a pricing mistake and using a price match.[/quote]

No, that's return fraud. Just sell the game if you want to make money off the sweet deal.

[quote name='Robman62']It is not return fraud, there is NO SUCH THING AS RETURN FRAUD

2. Many stores, namely Walmart, which are outlet stores, DO TAKE RETURNS of sealed items from other stores no questions asked this is extremely YMMV, but it does happen and in that case it is not fraud, as it is the same as taking advantage of a pricing mistake and using a price match.[/quote]

:rofl:

Return fraud cases a company to lose revenue, best buy will sell the game at the same price you return it for, there is no fraud there, you just get more money back than what you paid for.

Directed at all the cag's who have asked about returning the game to other stores:

Return Fraud, Consumer Fraud...Whatever. If your that desperate to do it, just do it! Stop asking others to give you advice on how to commit fraud and stop posting about it. Not everyone here is a low-life that commits fraud.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Directed at all the cag's who have asked about returning the game to other stores:

Return Fraud, Consumer Fraud...Whatever. If your that desperate to do it, just do it! Stop asking others to give you advice on how to commit fraud and stop posting about it. Not everyone here is a low-life that commits fraud.[/quote]

It not being a low life, the same can be said about everyone who took advantage of the pricing mistake on mlb 2k9 anf got it cheap at other store....this site is called Cheap ass gamer, what do you expect from cag'rs.

[quote name='Robman62']It not being a low life, the same can be said about everyone who took advantage of the pricing mistake on mlb 2k9 anf got it cheap at other store....this site is called Cheap ass gamer, what do you expect from cag'rs.[/quote]

There is a moral dilemma associated with performing the return because the intent of the retailer was not to purchase goods from you for retail price... it was to afford their customers the luxury of forgetting their receipts when making a return.

When a retailer has made a price mistake, it's exactly that- a mistake, and they can choose whether or not to honor it. With the return policy, the retailer didn't make a mistake. People are just taking advantage of it, and lying in the process.

Regardless, people are telling you to stop talking about it because it's against the rules of the forum, isn't it? Simple as that. No moral quandry there.

yea I get your point, and to be fair I was merely asking if it was possible, not saying I was trying it....I already have a craigslist posting up for the extra copy.

Everyone, shut the fuck up. Please?

I think someone said it before, but the deal is still active as of today. Just got back from picking up 2 Aerosmith games w/ 2 guitars.

Badass deal, showed up at around 10:30, asked the cashier about the promotion and he said the guitar was free. There were several but I didn't want to be a fucker like some of these other scalpers/scammers and only bought two for myself.

$10.87 @ new orleans

I asked if they had the disc only GH:Aerosmith and the guy promptly grabbed it for me, informed me that I also got a free guitar and that it'd only be $10. He even came from behind the counter to take a guitar off the wall. I almost felt obliged to pre-order something just so he could get his numbers up... almost.

Alright, went to anther gamestop, they had a ton of them. Got two, one for me and a friend, and it rang up no problem. Just got to see if my other friends want sets now.

Wow gamestop in philadelphia today was the lamest experience I have ever had. These idiots would only sell me one copy of guitar hero aerosmith because its limited one per customer. I asked the manager where does it say that at anywhere on the site or in store and he stated thats just retail policy for all limited quanity items. I called bs and left pissed.

a gamestop employee laughed when i asked about the promotion and asked "why would we give a $30 item with a $10 game." didn't feel like arguing so i left to another gamestop close by where the employees denied there ever being such promotion and when i asked them to ring it up to see the price they said they could not do that unless i was going purchase. once the total showed up at $9.99 they apologized but it seems as though they were attempting to hoard them for themselves.

I went to a GS in Houston and as I was walking around the store with a copy of GH: A for Xbox 360, I noticed a sticker on one of the X-Plorer guitars talking about this promotion. I didn't think it would still apply so I kind of ignored it, but my wife saw it too and she brought the guitar up behind me intent on getting it free. The guy behind the counter was obviously new (asking the manager beside him where buttons were, etc.) and when I asked about getting the guitar free, he said something about how they have the GH: A bundle with the guitar, but that the guitar doesn't just come with it. I had him read the sticker and he turned to his manager who was really cool and said, "Yeah, the promotion is valid for the $10 game." He sounded like someone that took full advantage of this. Game rang up as $10 (after he hit total) and the guitar wound up actually being $.01. Either way, cheap guitar and game for a cheap ass gamer.

Largo, FL today... Even though the sign still said extra 40% I didn't get it, but then again one of my "games" was one of those stupid Burger King things. I think instead I got the $25 extra for 4 Wii Games.

Anyway, on the Aerosmith, I asked the guy to check... and he doubted me, but it still worked. It rings the game up at 9.98 that way and the guitar for a penny. I told the guy behind me and he was thrilled.

Thank you, once again, CAG!

I know it seems like an utter waste of time, but everyone who got horrible service trying to take advantage of this deal should really contact GameStop. It probably won't do much, but it would only take a few moments of your time. Laughing at customers' "stupidity" and not even offering to see if a promo is activate is simply unacceptable.

Seriously. This is their promotional offer, after all. If the employees have a problem with it they should take it up with corporate. And anyone who said they were denied, or detered from the offer SHOULD call and complain. Or better yet, anyone who is reading this and is going to go take advantage of it should ask for the employee's name, manager's name and store number if it happens to them.

My store was excellent.

As far as I'm concerned this type of bargain is GameStop's Kharmic payback for their abhorrent trade in prices.

Worked for me.

Went in and asked the manager if they still had the promotion going on, she said yes. I grabbed the Aerosmith copy I saw when I came in the store and gave it to the cashier. When she rang it up, her eyes got big and she looked at her manager - manager responded with "Yeah, one of the best deals this store as ever had."

Got my Aerosmith/Free guitar today. The girl at Gamestop was about to faint when it came up free for the guitar. Her co-worker explained it to her and she still thought it was wrong.
I told her that was the only reason I came up there and she seemed to snap out of it then.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Why is it that a maximum of only one person per Gamestop actually knows about this promotion?[/quote]

yea its awesome......but I saw someone on gfaqs post this and a link to slickdeals with it, so it will soon be deader then disco:cry:....at least I snagged a copy though:applause:

I'll give it a shot since I have GameStop credit. I already have 3, but the wireless Les Paul doesn't work correctly, so having an extra one wouldn't be too bad. My other two are the original Rock Band guitar and an Xplorer, and they are both working fine for now.

At the gamestop I went to I saw the cutout saying free guitar and just asked the guy and he said that it's one of the best deals they had going since it was 10$ for a game and guitar, Been playing the game and its not as bad as I was expecting. Plus now I have a backup Xplorer :p

Thanks CAG, never really caught on to the guitar hero/rock band thing, but for $10 I'll give it a shot. I got it at Herald Square Manhattan, NY. Everyone there seems to know what I was asking about and the guy told me I got the last guitar. Sweet.

Based on the learning curve, as I am a guitar NOOB, should I get guitar hero iii world tour or the other one? I"m not really a fan of Aerosmith save for some songs.

both my gamestops have plenty of GH:A, but they were out of guitars. Oh well, I wanted another guitar for my 360, I might get in on the Toys R Us deal.

Picked up the game and guitar from the Northlake Mall, Atlanta store and of course the employees had absolutely no idea about the promo. The guy halfway argued with us, then reluctantly pulled a guitar down and rang it up when I insisted it would be in the computer.

Damn slick deal.

I got 2 guitars and 2 aerosmiths yesterday for $9 per pair after the GI coupon (one for me and one for a friend). I don't know what to do with my controller yet, because I already have 2 x-plorers. I might trade for something, so pm me. BTW, I already knew about the offer, but the employee was nice and asked if I knew the games came with free guitars (before I mentioned the offer). It was nice to see someone not act like a loser, unlike most of the employees at the GSs around me (penny guides *cough, cough*).

[quote name='AlohaMars2']I finally found intelligent life at one of my local gamestops! Got my 1 cent guitar rofl.[/quote]
just to confirm, will the guitars still ring up as 1 cent without the game?

I stopped by a Game Stop in Mira Mesa (San Diego, CA) on my lunch break, and they were great (wow...I can't believe I just said that). As soon as I mentioned I wanted to purchase the 360 version of GH:A he immediately piped in that it comes with a free guitar. As an added unexpected bonus, the woman who rang me up gave me a sealed copy of the game (most of the copies in the store looked like they had already been gutted). All in all, $10.86 out the door for the game and a brand new guitar. Thanks CAG for the heads up on this awesome deal! :)

I went to my local GameStop and picked up a copy of GH A. I walked up to the register and the manager asked if I knew what came with it? I said a guitar and then he took off to the back of the store to get the guitar from the back. Unfortunately they were out, so he called another store and sent me over to it. I got there and the guy had the guitar waiting for me, but he was out of GH A. I ended up purchasing the guitar for $39.99 and then returning it back at the original GameStop and then ringing them up together for the $9.99 price. The manager had left by the time I got there but left word with one of the employees to give me a little RE5 matted picture. I thought it was nice of them. After all the driving it was nice that they took care of me without me throwing a fit. Not bad!

Anybody know how long this deal lasts? I'm thinking of picking up one for my buddy so he has a 2nd rock band guitar.

[quote name='dallascowboys']just to confirm, will the guitars still ring up as 1 cent without the game?[/quote]

No. They will ring up at $39.99.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Anybody know how long this deal lasts? I'm thinking of picking up one for my buddy so he has a 2nd rock band guitar.[/quote]

The $10 game ends probably on Sunday, but the gameday sale ends May 2 if the game stays the same price for the entire sale. The free guitar thing started when Metallica came out iirc so idk if it will last as long as /may 2. when I get the weekly ad on thursday, I'll post if the game price goes up(which kills the deal)

I pick up two guitars today. Don't know what I'm going to do with the other game.

Hopefully I can get $10 out of it so It's like I got two guitars free.

i got the GH:A and Xplorer guitar @ 1 of my local GSs w/o problem. rep seemed alittle surprised too and was like good deal. might see tomorrow about picking another set up

I went to my local GS today and got two games and two guitars. I was told that technically, I should only be able to get one set, but I said I was getting another set for a friend (which I actually was, no hording here), and he let it slide. They had to put it on two different transactions though. She (the friend I was getting the other set for) ended up meeting me in the store anyways, as I was giving her a ride home back from her job at that mall, so it all worked out anyways.

bread's done
Back