GS: Buy GH Aerosmith for $9.99 and get wired Xplorer Guitar Free (360)- YMMV?

beniah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this deal specifically posted-

For a limited time at Gamestop pick up GH Aerosmith for 30$ and get a new Xplorer guitar for free. I didn't ask about PS3 so I don't know if it applies- also I'm not sure how long the deal will run.

However, GH Aersosmith is not that cool in my opinion...unless you really like the band. Its about 80% Aerosmith songs :)

Peace

(edit: I picked up this deal plus GH III for $15 as the used deal of the week. 2 GH games + a new Guitar for 45$ = Cheap Ass!)

Last edited by a moderator:
if GH2 and GH3 truly did drop in price at all the gamestop's then I feel really down since I had no clue about it and just got Aerosmith today :( would of loved to play GH2 again for that cheap.

geez just checked the site and they are down on there as well, don't have the cash right now but tempted to ask to borrow some since this deal is too good to pass up on these two games and doubt they will stay in stores for to long once people realize how cheap they become.

does anyone know if there are any Inland Empire GS that are doing the deal? I've been to the one in Montclair (well one of the two) and they said that their not doing the guitar deal.

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']does anyone know if there are any Inland Empire GS that are doing the deal? I've been to the one in Montclair (well one of the two) and they said that their not doing the guitar deal.[/quote]

Did you ask them to ring up both the guitar and aerosmith? It should automatically make the guitar 1 cent.. doesn't matter what they say, the computer will say otherwise.

[quote name='morphineseason']When does this deal expire?[/quote]
When they sell out. They're trying to get rid of a bunch of inventory to make space and disgusing it as Game Days sale. They will stop when they run out of them.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']When they sell out. They're trying to get rid of a bunch of inventory to make space and disgusing it as Game Days sale. They will stop when they run out of them.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. Apparently both my local stores have the game and guitars in stock, so I might have to pick it up.

Well, here we go I went to one of the Gamestop and what I get from them is that the deal for the guitar was last week. I called another store and they tell me you only get the guitar for free when you buy the game at 29.99. I swear Gamestop is the worst when it comes to deals you really need a giant flier that says what the deal is at least in Reno.

All BS if they don't give you the deal. The computer runs it through just fine and not one person from the top of the ladder down has said anything about it. Your GS is just being fucking retarded.

[quote name='Darvan']Well, here we go I went to one of the Gamestop and what I get from them is that the deal for the guitar was last week. I called another store and they tell me you only get the guitar for free when you buy the game at 29.99. I swear Gamestop is the worst when it comes to deals you really need a giant flier that says what the deal is at least in Reno.[/quote]

Try going to that gamestop and buying both the game and guitar, it should be $10+tax. The only way they could refuse it is by manually marking up the price, and I really just can't see that happening..

[quote name='Darvan']Well, here we go I went to one of the Gamestop and what I get from them is that the deal for the guitar was last week. I called another store and they tell me you only get the guitar for free when you buy the game at 29.99. I swear Gamestop is the worst when it comes to deals you really need a giant flier that says what the deal is at least in Reno.[/quote]

For the umpteenth time DO NOT CALL!

JUST GO IN, GRAB GH AEROSMITH & THE EXPLORER AND IT WILL RING AUTOMATICALLY.

STOP DRAWING ATTENTION TO THE DEAL.

The deal is not YMMV and it is not up to the discretion of the store...

As of today, the deal actually rings up when the transaction is going through on the computer and the cashier/manager has no control over how that rings up.

The news of Guitar Hero II & III being $10 is very interesting indeed. If I had to choose one, which would you guys go with?

The first GS I went to didn't have GH:A but they did have the guitar. I went to another GS, 1/2 a mile away and they had the game but not the guitar. I bought GH:A at the 2nd GS and did a return/rebuy at the first. The manager at that GS just laughed and said, "back for your free guitar, huh?"

[quote name='sunghost']Did you ask them to ring up both the guitar and aerosmith? It should automatically make the guitar 1 cent.. doesn't matter what they say, the computer will say otherwise.[/quote]

Well I tried but they said something about the bass pedal. I think the guy mixed it up with the metallica version but I'll try some other places.

anybody interested in this deal I wouldn't even ask about it since it seems like some employee's will just refuse to ring up the guitar from not knowing about the deal, just grab the white brand new xplorer guitar off a shelf if you see it or ask for it and just grab aerosmith and automatically at the register should pop up to $9.99 before tax. I had like 11.21 in store credit left and was like oh what the heck since it was such a great deal and just snatched them up. The receipt itself says the guitar purchased with guitar hero aerosmith is only $0.01. Don't believe it will work with getting guitar hero 2 and 3 unless a employee is willing to put the deal in for you with those games.

Anyone have trouble with this guitar? I have another one from a GH2 package and the whammy bar basically just sucks (not nearly sensitive enough, takes a lot of effort to make it move and has a delayed reaction), and now this new one I just got seems to have the same whammy bar problem and at the same time sometimes double strums, messing up a fair share of the "held" notes (I think there's some kind of software fix to avoid it happening on the regular notes). Have I just gotten unlucky... twice? I'm thinking of returning the one I got and trying another one, but since I've had similar problems with 2, I figured maybe it's just a problem with the model?

I underestimated the distance from my tv to couch....

What is the best route to lengthen the cord?

A link would be appreciated. Thanks!

I also had a manager tell me that the deal wasn't going on. I didn't want to press the matter, so just left. Went back today, saw she wasn't working and asked the guy for the total on the game + guitar. The look on his face was priceless when it went from $75+ to $10.80. Of course then I pulled out the 10% coupon and used store credit to avoid the tax.

And when I went to the next GS, they actually knew about the promo. I just asked if they had any of the guitars, since there were none on the shelves. And the guy asked if I had Aerosmith. Of course I said no. So he told me to buy it, cuz it would be $10. So I acted surprised and did what he said.

Haha wow, I just went to craigslist for my location and I see game/guitar going for $40 saying their loss your gain... hahaha

[quote name='thelwig14']I underestimated the distance from my tv to couch....

What is the best route to lengthen the cord?

A link would be appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

You could always stand up and pla.... LMAO, who am I kidding, this isn't the Wii we're talking about hahahaha.

No but seriously, what I do is I have a really comfy wicker type chair that I use when I have to play with a wired controller or the guitars. As my couch is too far away as well. Works fine for me...

This is the same thing that happened to me, they had to manually mark the price of GH: Aerosmith down to 9.99.

[quote name='btcasa']This is the same thing that happened to me, they had to manually mark the price of GH: Aerosmith down to 9.99.[/quote]

Are you sure? Some have interpreted the cashier finishing up the transaction for manually marking down the price. The computer should perform the discounts automatically right before you pay.

[quote name='GuardianE']Are you sure? Some have interpreted the cashier finishing up the transaction for manually marking down the price. The computer should perform the discounts automatically right before you pay.[/quote]

Nope, they told me that i either had the choice of buying the 10 dollar game and paying full price for the guitar or paying 30 dollars for the game and get the guitar for free. Regardless, I was able to get the deal.

[quote name='btcasa']Nope, they told me that i either had the choice of buying the 10 dollar game and paying full price for the guitar or paying 30 dollars for the game and get the guitar for free. Regardless, I was able to get the deal.[/quote]

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether or not the computer still processes the transaction or if Gamestop corporate corrected the mistake. The employee telling you something frankly means nothing, because most of them don't know that the deals stack (and will usually assume that they don't).

From what I've read in the thread, it looks like the deal stacks automatically. The only problem is trying to find an employee willing to ring it up.

Yeah mine rang up automatically. Before the employee hit total both Aerosmith and the Guitar showed full price and after he hit total it was free sailing.

I just bought GH: Aerosmith for $9.99 at gamestop and got the guitar for one penny. The rep said that any GH game purchase got a free (1cent) wired explorer guitar.

[quote name='starbuck2907']I just bought GH: Aerosmith for $9.99 at gamestop and got the guitar for one penny. The rep said that any GH game purchase got a free (1cent) wired explorer guitar.[/quote]

Same thing with me. I bought Aerosmith for $9.99 and the store manager who was behind the counter at the time said I was getting the guitar for a penny. I'm glad I'm friends with the people in my local GS.

[quote name='starbuck2907']I just bought GH: Aerosmith for $9.99 at gamestop and got the guitar for one penny. The rep said that any GH game purchase got a free (1cent) wired explorer guitar.[/quote]

Has any tried getting any GH game? I've only seen it work with Aerosmith, but it'd be nice if it worked with GHII or III since they're the same price now.

Tried getting the free guitar with the 9.99 Guitar Hero II and III. They confirmed that the free guitar was only valid on Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

[quote name='humanpicnic']Tried getting the free guitar with the 9.99 Guitar Hero II and III. They confirmed that the free guitar was only valid on Guitar Hero Aerosmith.[/quote]

Thanks for posting the info.

btw the guy said no one had come in asking about the guitar deal he said no one had done it at that location and i had to explain it to him what it was lol....oh well it worked

[quote name='morphineseason']Cool, thanks. Apparently both my local stores have the game and guitars in stock, so I might have to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. Both my stores sold out of the game sometime between last night and today. I would be disappointed, but I'm not even a big fan of Aerosmith, and I already have like 3 guitar controllers, so I think this was just a sign that I should save my money :lol:.

I got it with no hassel for a penny. You aparently can also get the penny guitar by buying World Tour with either the guitar or the band bundle. They were out of the Gamer Day Guitar Hero Aerosmiths, but I found one on the shelf with a price tag of 3 bucks. It still rang up at 9.99

My Gamestop sucks. I went down today and spoke to a manager, and he told me he had no idea what I was talking about. He told me there was no such deal. Oh well, got the $8 guitar from TRU anyway. Would have been nice to get the Aerosmith game basically for free though.

[quote name='Mojo_Jones']My Gamestop sucks. I went down today and spoke to a manager, and he told me he had no idea what I was talking about. He told me there was no such deal. Oh well, got the $8 guitar from TRU anyway. Would have been nice to get the Aerosmith game basically for free though.[/quote]
It should do it in their system automatically, just act like you're buying both for full price and make sure to give him GH:A first. (not sure if it matters)

Then if for some reason it doesn't work, say you don't want to buy them and leave the store.

^ Exactly. I cannot stress that enough when dealing with GS. The fact of the matter, the majority of employees I have dealt with have almost no clue about the company's procedures and promos. If you know...or even think...there is some kind of deal running, just bring the qualifying items up and have them ring you up. If the promo does not appear, ask about it. If they tell you there isn't one, just say you aren't interested, then.

[quote name='finsfan0210']i went into my local gamestop and was told the free guitar promo only works with the 360 version. Is that true?[/quote]
Yes. The free guitar ($0.01) is the X-Plorer model that came out with GH2. The PS3 never had that model. It is a white wired guitar. This promo is only for 360.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Yes. The free guitar ($0.01) is the X-Plorer model that came out with GH2. The PS3 never had that model. It is a white wired guitar. This promo is only for 360.[/quote]

fuck

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']^ Exactly. I cannot stress that enough when dealing with GS. The fact of the matter, the majority of employees I have dealt with have almost no clue about the company's procedures and promos. If you know...or even think...there is some kind of deal running, just bring the qualifying items up and have them ring you up. If the promo does not appear, ask about it. If they tell you there isn't one, just say you aren't interested, then.[/quote]

Yeah when I got 3 on Sunday they had to call up for the promo code.

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']just wanted to mention that gh aerosmith is a lot easier than gh3 and so are the achievements.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was good to know, after GH : Aerosmith, what's next on the noob list do you guys think?

bread's done
Back