GS/EB coupon codes - 25% off or Free Shipping on Used Games

pogipinoy27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Don't really know where this goes (or if it's been posted already)...but EB/GS is offering 25% off used games/DVDs online if you use code: AFF25

GS coupon codes
AFF25 - 25% off used games
SAVER - Free shipping on used games

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Don't really know where this goes (or if it's been posted already)...but EB/GS is offering 25% off used games/DVDs online if you use code: AFF25[/QUOTE]

This should be stickied or something-- this code has been valid for months, but people keep posting it like it's a new deal :)

Didnt know about this, when I tried it, it said only one offer per order or something so I only get the discount on one game? That sucks!

[quote name='kapkorn']Didnt know about this, when I tried it, it said only one offer per order or something so I only get the discount on one game? That sucks![/QUOTE]

No, it applies to the whole order. That just means you can't combine coupon codes-- so no "saver" and "aff25" in one order.

sigh, pre-merger ebgames.com used to let you combine everything, including the edge card. r.i.p.

This coupon has been around for aslong as I can remember, I'm not sure if it ever actually is turned off.

[quote name='Apossum']This should be stickied or something-- this code has been valid for months, but people keep posting it like it's a new deal :)[/quote]
Agreed. AFF25 and SAVER have been around for well over a year. A sticky with those codes and a reminder about the 10% off coupon would be nice for newcomers as well as those who have forgotten about them.

[quote name='whoknows']I just don't want to risk getting a disc only copy of a game.

I guess paying the extra in store is worth it.[/quote]

I agree. I really wish they had some kind of in-store sale then I'd be snatching up XBox games and maybe some Gamecube games like crazy.

Not only a repost, but people who've been here for ages tend to forget ordering used games from GameStop.com is basically asking them to scrape nails over your games.

So am I a bit slow, or do they not accept gift cards on their website? If they don't, that's pretty asinine.

Obligatory snarky comment about Gamestop not being as good as EB Games used to be. There, it's out of the way.

Don't ever buy anything used online from them - you will be pwned by Gamestop.

[quote name='dmorr']So am I a bit slow, or do they not accept gift cards on their website? If they don't, that's pretty asinine.[/quote] Never could and never will be able to. Same with the discount cards.

[quote name='dmorr']So am I a bit slow, or do they not accept gift cards on their website? If they don't, that's pretty asinine.[/quote]
They claim they will be able to accept them online for the holiday season, but I'm pretty sure they had the same page up last year. They make more money by restricting the cards to in-store use, so even though it's crappy for consumers it makes sense for them financially.

And for the millionth time, I have ordered from GS.com many times and have always gotten complete games with no damage. It's all a matter of preference, but keep in mind that they are a major enough online retailer that they're going to guarantee your purchase as much as possible. Yes, there is a chance that you might not get a booklet or cover, but everyone has different tastes. All I care about it a disc that lets me play the game. I can't remember the last time I bothered to crack open an instruction manual.

[quote name='mephitical']And for the millionth time, I have ordered from GS.com many times and have always gotten complete games with no damage. It's all a matter of preference, but keep in mind that they are a major enough online retailer that they're going to guarantee your purchase as much as possible. Yes, there is a chance that you might not get a booklet or cover, but everyone has different tastes. All I care about it a disc that lets me play the game. I can't remember the last time I bothered to crack open an instruction manual.[/quote]
The problem here is that there's far too many horror stories outweighing good ones. The fact of the matter is that GameStop ships out used goods that are already damaged or will get damaged while being shipped out due to horrible shipping methods (disc thrown in paper sleeve that's merely tossed into the DVD case, disc thrown in without any protection, etc.)

They can guarantee you will get what you purchased. But they won't guarantee you it'll be in any decent condition or if it'll work.

[quote name='Tsukento']The problem here is that there's far too many horror stories outweighing good ones. The fact of the matter is that GameStop ships out used goods that are already damaged or will get damaged while being shipped out due to horrible shipping methods (disc thrown in paper sleeve that's merely tossed into the DVD case, disc thrown in without any protection, etc.)

They can guarantee you will get what you purchased. But they won't guarantee you it'll be in any decent condition or if it'll work.[/quote]

So you can't return web-bought games to your local Gamestop if the disc is defective? That sure seems like a no brainer.

You can, but there's also been the usual stories of some asshole managers trying to tell people they don't do that when it's simply because they don't feel like it.

Thanks, but this coupon code has been around for a while. I guess this could be helpful for the few people that don't know about it though.

'SAVER' also gives you free shipping. You can only use one coupon code per checkout though =/.

This deal seems to come up frequently. I know it's been posted in the past, but for the sake of ease, please keep all future discussion for this coupon code in this thread.

[quote name='Apossum']This should be stickied or something-- this code has been valid for months, but people keep posting it like it's a new deal :)[/quote]

i've seen threads elsewhere dating back to 2003 (seriously) :lol:

Just an interesting fact - Gamestop doesn't give less than $1 for games anymore. Meaning, if you picked up the $1 sports games (madden 200x, etc...) and then traded them in at another gamestop, you would get $1.30-$1.40 each.

[quote name='Danomano89']Just an interesting fact - Gamestop doesn't give less than $1 for games anymore. Meaning, if you picked up the $1 sports games (madden 200x, etc...) and then traded them in at another gamestop, you would get $1.30-$1.40 each.[/quote]

lol that means u can get the games for .50 each and buy a bunch and trade em alll in..

bah, damn, not valid on bundles either

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Discount: 25% off all in-stock used video games & DVDs! Only one offer per order. Not valid on bundled items, consoles, or accessories.[/FONT]

[quote name='Sgt Grumbles']It's an okay deal and all but it's been posted a few times before.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155939
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153482
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151932
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144144
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138255

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but, I mean, this code has been around for a while.[/quote]

i like how theyre about 20,000 #'s apart LOL

bread's done
Back