GS Power Up reward coupon - LA Noire, Black Ops, NCAA 12 for 19.99 YMMV

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
dealn.png
I looked around and could not find this deal...so apologies if its a repost.

I rarely ...in fact almost never check my power up rewards account, but I randomly did today and in active offers, there was a coupon for your choice of LA noire, Black Ops, or NCAA 12 for 19.99 NEW. (PS3 or 360). I am very confused about this, since I have not bought anything from gamestop in over a month, and Ive literally done nothing to get this. AND it seems something OVERLY generous for Gamestop to do... its almost as if this is a trade in deal...but NOWHERE on the coupon does it say anything about having to trade in games.

So there you have it...check your accounts and see if you get one. If Im retarded and I got this deal wrong, speak up since I have no idea how I got this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/dealn.png/

Thats what the offer looks like...like I said...its almost as if it wants you to tradein games...but nowhere does it tell you to do that...
THe actualy coupon doesnt say anything either. Cant post that cause it has its own bar code and its limit one per person.

UPDATE: this seems to actually be a mistake on GS's part. This coupon doesnt say anything about having to trade in games...but apparently that is what it was meant for. Either way some people are still getting away with it, so try your luck...see if it works. AT this point it is a botched coupon and therefore EXTREMELY YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ellahjay88']When I used mine, they had to put it in as a promo not found....sooo technically mine has not been scanned into the system..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is what I am afraid of. I just don't know if it is worth my time to drive there to fight for this coupon.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know the law of CAG, but I don't think this is a mistake at all and was just throwing the idea out there. I'll just wait to see if it pops up in my active offers.[/QUOTE]

I think its the wording about "net retail with trades" that has us all thinking it may be a mistake. That and a deal like this is pretty much unheard of at GS.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know the law of CAG, but I don't think this is a mistake at all and was just throwing the idea out there. I'll just wait to see if it pops up in my active offers.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether or not this is a mistake, calling them about it will do nothing. This is Gamestop, they aren't going to look within themselves and see that everyone deserves a great deal. They'll either just laugh at you or stop having deals to avoid the complaining. There is nothing to gain and a lot to use.

Thanks for the post OP. Thats a damned nice coupon. I'm hoping one comes my way. $20 for any of those games is great.

I checked my account, I have the buy 2 get one free coupon.. I wonder if me not using that since I renewed is keeping me from getting the good coupons?

[quote name='pimpster4183']I checked my account, I have the buy 2 get one free coupon.. I wonder if me not using that since I renewed is keeping me from getting the good coupons?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so. I had that coupon under my account and never used it. I have the $19.99 coupon now.

[quote name='Davivascaino']just came back from gamestop and the coupon did not work. the coupon clearly says the price is after trades[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Glad I didn't take off towards GS to use this coupon. I would have been ticked driving there to be rejected. YMMV might need to be added to this post for clarity.

it would be funny if gamestop started making these "coupons" that basically are for no discount and just have that "net after trades" disclaimer.

"of course you can get it for $19.99! Just bring in $40 worth of trade ins TODAY!! WOWOWOW!!"

[quote name='jer7583']it would be funny if gamestop started making these "coupons" that basically are for no discount and just have that "net after trades" disclaimer.

"of course you can get it for $19.99! Just bring in $40 worth of trade ins TODAY!! WOWOWOW!!"[/QUOTE]

I was so pissed man. And they said I need two games to trade in. :hot::hot:

[quote name='Davivascaino']just came back from gamestop and the coupon did not work. the coupon clearly says the price is after trades[/QUOTE]
I guess it was too good to be true. Someone should of mention that to start with and save people a trip. Seems like the paid Gamestop promoters here will do anything to get traffic into their stores. :roll:

GameCrazy used to do this bullshit too.

Advertise a new release game for only $9.99*!!!

*IF YOU TRADE IN $40 WORTH OF STUFF!!! WOW

lol weird they let me use it yesterday with no trade-ins, although the coupon confused all of us i think so she just rang it up as a promo not found.

[quote name='Davivascaino']I was so pissed man. And they said I need two games to trade in. :hot::hot:[/QUOTE]
Ah, it was probably like the Portal 2/MK coupons, then. That sucks, great for everyone that got in on it, though!

Hurry, act now!! GameStop PUR member exclusive: With this coupon and 2 used copies of LA Noire, you can purchase a brand new - opened and unsealed copy of LA Noire for the system of your choice for $29.99. Limited offer, valid in store only, limit 1 per customer, per day, per coupon. **Returns will not be accepted for new opened merch.

I would not be surprised.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I think its the wording about "net retail with trades" that has us all thinking it may be a mistake. That and a deal like this is pretty much unheard of at GS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jer7583']it would be funny if gamestop started making these "coupons" that basically are for no discount and just have that "net after trades" disclaimer.

"of course you can get it for $19.99! Just bring in $40 worth of trade ins TODAY!! WOWOWOW!!"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Davivascaino']I was so pissed man. And they said I need two games to trade in. :hot::hot:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jer7583']GameCrazy used to do this bullshit too

Advertise a new release game for only $9.99*!!!

*IF YOU TRADE IN $40 WORTH OF STUFF!!! WOW[/QUOTE]this is one of those deals that GS usually has on those 2 sided trade-in promo when you walk in
trade any 2 games of this list separated by system PS3/X360/Wii & get ___ game for $20. Either the titles listed had high TIV or were in high demand to resell used & they would bump them to $20 TIV for the promo. The fact that their using the coupon is probably to generate more foot traffic.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I checked my account, I have the buy 2 get one free coupon.. I wonder if me not using that since I renewed is keeping me from getting the good coupons?[/QUOTE]

Having other active offers will not effect you from receiving others. Plus there are rarely anything good promo wise they'd send you in coupons anyhow.

OT: Everytime I log in to my account, and I click active offers or any of the drop downs, i get the "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" error. Any idea WTH is going on?

Thanks

Yeah, it just sounds to me like it's a "Trade 2, get $40 towards Black Ops, LA Noire, or NCAA2012." It's just worded weirdly and doesn't state any info about the games required for trade-in.

Either way, no coupon on my end.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']OT: Everytime I log in to my account, and I click active offers or any of the drop downs, i get the "Internet Explorer cannot display this page" error. Any idea WTH is going on?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
The site has been having major problems over the last week. CS told me that they should have it fixed soon.

Well since I can't get in to see my Active Offers, if no one is using their code, I would gladly take it off their hands, PM me

Score. Black Ops for 19.99. I went in. The coupon DID NOT scan (as expected), but the cashier overrode the price manually because the coupon said nothing about trading in any games. Honestly, its worth giving it a shot. I got denied at the first GS, but then they took it at the 2nd.

Got my copy of LA Noire for $20. The manager had to cancel a different promo they had going in order to apply it but it worked. After looking at the coupon he said it's probably supposed to be used in conjunction with trades but since it doesn't specifically say on there he just shrugged and went with it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The site has been having major problems over the last week. CS told me that they should have it fixed soon.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone noticed points for recent purchases not showing up on the PUR site? I preordered a game last week and bought Catherine on Tuesday and neither transaction shows up. In the past it has never taken more than 24 hours for the points for my in-store purchases to show up on the PUR website.

[quote name='winterlane']Has anyone noticed points for recent purchases not showing up on the PUR site? I preordered a game last week and bought Catherine on Tuesday and neither transaction shows up. In the past it has never taken more than 24 hours for the points for my in-store purchases to show up on the PUR website.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's one of the problems. I made a purchase last Thursday and Sunday and was just credited the points yesterday. I emailed CS multiple times and finally got the answer last night that points take at least 72 hours to clear now, usually longer.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yep, that's one of the problems. I made a purchase last Thursday and Sunday and was just credited the points yesterday. I emailed CS multiple times and finally got the answer last night that points take at least 72 hours to clear now, usually longer.[/QUOTE]

My Soul Calibur 2 purchase shows up alright. Only problem is...i never bought soul calibur 2...

nope not that one, but I did get the BDAY one which I wasn't expecting, so 20% off used isn't bad, now to find something.

I'm bummed that I didn't get any coupon. Oh well. I'm getting LA Noire from a fellow CAG in the mail shortly and I already traded in my copy of Black Ops recently. I wouldn't mind picking it back up or maybe getting NCAA 12, but no big deal.

checked my powerup rewards acct and no LA noire coupon for me...BUT..i did get a "trade 2 get 1 free coupon". anyone else get one of these? it says the free game can be $54.99 or less. kinda lame though cuz i just traded all the games i wanted to get rid of. guess ill double check the back log..

edit: im gonna post this as a ymmv deal just to give others a heads up

nothing on my end, but i did found $5 off any one game coupon, no minimum price, so I ll go in for game around $5, i like free stuff, many old titles for 360 are under $10. haha

Again, the coupon clearly says that the price is AFTER TRADE!!!!! If you can't see, time to change your eye glasses. If you got it for 20 bucks without trade in, congrats, but this is not what the coupon says.

gamestop2.jpg

it expires on sunday. so ppl who didn't get it won't ever get it? cauz i don't mind trading in 2 gms for any 1 of them for $20

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn I wish I had this coupon. though I did have a b2g1 free preowned from when I renewed my card a few weeks back. I didnt realize that we get one of those coupons every year when we renew.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I ever received it when I renewed mine just before they told me I was banned.:cry: That reminds me that I gotta call Game Informer on Monday n tell em my PUR card is still good till Feb 2012 n that my mag sub shouldn't be expiring next month.:whistle2:#

And :rofl: at all of the begging/whining in this thread.:roll:

As long as there's no minimum trade value required for those two games, buy two of their disc only $.99 PS2 games and trade those in.;)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The site has been having major problems over the last week. CS told me that they should have it fixed soon.[/QUOTE]

the site gave me double credit on my trade in. I got 7200 points for a like a $180 trade in. I used the points on the halo figure.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As long as there's no minimum trade value required for those two games, buy two of their disc only $.99 PS2 games and trade those in.;)[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's how it's done.

bread's done
Back