GS Power Up reward coupon - LA Noire, Black Ops, NCAA 12 for 19.99 YMMV

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
dealn.png
I looked around and could not find this deal...so apologies if its a repost.

I rarely ...in fact almost never check my power up rewards account, but I randomly did today and in active offers, there was a coupon for your choice of LA noire, Black Ops, or NCAA 12 for 19.99 NEW. (PS3 or 360). I am very confused about this, since I have not bought anything from gamestop in over a month, and Ive literally done nothing to get this. AND it seems something OVERLY generous for Gamestop to do... its almost as if this is a trade in deal...but NOWHERE on the coupon does it say anything about having to trade in games.

So there you have it...check your accounts and see if you get one. If Im retarded and I got this deal wrong, speak up since I have no idea how I got this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/dealn.png/

Thats what the offer looks like...like I said...its almost as if it wants you to tradein games...but nowhere does it tell you to do that...
THe actualy coupon doesnt say anything either. Cant post that cause it has its own bar code and its limit one per person.

UPDATE: this seems to actually be a mistake on GS's part. This coupon doesnt say anything about having to trade in games...but apparently that is what it was meant for. Either way some people are still getting away with it, so try your luck...see if it works. AT this point it is a botched coupon and therefore EXTREMELY YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked my account and it's there. Big thanks for the heads up OP. I never would have found that. Been interested in LA Noire for a while.

Also did not see it. I would love me some BLOPS at that price! :D

(P.S. If anyone is thinking about selling their Kinect, PM me and I'll buy it off of you!)

Hey I used that coupon yesterday!! it really is legit. I let 2 other friends have a copy of it so idk if itll still work or not but i picked up la noire with it

WOW...so this IS real haha. I guess Ill get black ops and trade it back in...since most of those games dont actually interest me...

[quote name='ShockandAww']What the hell does that line about $19.99 net retail after trades mean?[/QUOTE]
Uh yeah, either GS ROYALLY screwed up and this is supposed to be an 'after trade' coupon or the OP is mistaken about the actual coupon. This seems too good to be true; I'd hop on this today if you want a copy.

Didn't get one.

Any two people mind comparing the last four digits of the code on the coupon? If they're the same, I imagine it's not a "unique" code, and should work for everyone.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Posted coupon image I have for you guys.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Thank you :)

I'll be trying this out in a couple hours.

Wow, glad I checked the message board today. I logged into my GS PowerUp Rewards to find this coupon. So others have used this with no issues?

Theres no trade in games or anything...its simply the 19.99 price. We even have a confirmation from someone earlier in the thread.

Damn I wish I had this coupon. though I did have a b2g1 free preowned from when I renewed my card a few weeks back. I didnt realize that we get one of those coupons every year when we renew.

[quote name='mattcube64']Didn't get one.

Any two people mind comparing the last four digits of the code on the coupon? If they're the same, I imagine it's not a "unique" code, and should work for everyone.[/QUOTE]

My last 4 digits are completely different than what was posted here.

Aw I don't have one. Do you guys shop at GS a lot? I forgot what other deal I've heard about in the past, but I didn't have it then either.

shit like this pisses me off with their reward system, similar to BB.

Random people get coupons...why? Why are they not sending this to EVERYONE?

I remember when random people got BB gift certificates and me, a RZS member, got nothing. People who spent $10 in a year got like a $20 certificate >_

Would pick up LA Noire for that price... maybe get a copy of black ops (since i traded mine in at like 40). Of course, my account is a week behind on updates because I had 3 huge PUR posts (only one of which has posted from last week).

Maybe if we all complain to CS we'll get something? I know I want the coupon.

Edit: My account is lagging with point totals, too. So maybe I'll get one later?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Maybe if we all complain to CS we'll get something? I know I want the coupon.

Edit: My account is lagging with point totals, too. So maybe I'll get one later?[/QUOTE]Calling will just end up alerting them of this possible mistake, ruining the deal for those who received a coupon

In my PUR "Active Offers", I only have:

"Get $25 For Your Trade Guaranteed"

It is a coupon Coupon. Does anyone know exactly what this is for? It makes it sound like I can trade in any game from the newer consoles and get $25 credit.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Calling will just end up alerting them of this possible mistake, ruining the deal for those who received a coupon[/QUOTE]

This. The whole trade thing really makes me wonder how it is actually working. I assume those that had it work just took their copy straight to the desk and they scanned the coupon with no override at all?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Calling will just end up alerting them of this possible mistake, ruining the deal for those who received a coupon[/QUOTE]

This. Please don't call them

wow, that is crazy. I didn't get one. I would have loved to pick up NCAA 12 for my brother...

I know the law of CAG, but I don't think this is a mistake at all and was just throwing the idea out there. I'll just wait to see if it pops up in my active offers.

bread's done
Back