GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
1/8
iconps3.gif

Castlevania: LOS $14
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe $5
Mafia 2 $12

iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops $30
Assassin's Creed 2 $4

iconwii.gif

All Star Cheer 2 $4

[quote name='crashinsane']Hey guys, is the 50% trade in promo for all games still alive?

If so, I just like to know if I had to purchase a preowned game or accessory, can't I just get a $2 preowned game and keep the rest on credit?[/QUOTE]

Yes until the 16th. You can look this up at GS's own website yourself just FYI.

And yes you keep the credit back on your PUR or gift card.

Base TIVs 1/8
PS3:
Dead Rising 2: $17
Modnation Racers: $10
SOCOM: Confrontation $1.50
Killzone 2: $4

Wii:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: $11
Animal Crossing City Folk: $5

Just traded in Call of Duty: Black Ops on 360 for Base Value still at $30. With the bonus/card it took the value up to $48.00. The clerk was finding it hard to believe I got more for it then are currently selling it for used.

1/8/11
All Xbox 360

Base values:
Darksiders $4
Halo 3: ODST $3
Halo Wars $7
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits $3
Guitar Hero 5 $5
Fable 2 $2

Lots of base values for you here, all as of today(1/8) at 4:30.

Bourne Conspiracy-$2.50
Black Ops-$30
Batman Arkham Asulum GOTY-$8
Fable 2 PH-$6
Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy-$5
Shadowrun-$.50
Fallout 3-$2.50
Skate 2-$5
Skate-$1.60(odd...)
Call of Duty 3-$2
Burnout Revenge-$5
Blue Dragon-$1.60(...)

Wii
Wii Fit game(not plus)-$.50
Wii Fit Balance Board-$15

DS
New Super Mario Bros.-$15

Gamecube
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3-$.70
Zelda Wind Waker-$5.75
Resident Evil 4-$3

So, I took my 360, 20GB HD, wired controler, wired headset, PS2, dual shock 2, and logitech controler into a local GS to trade in towards a 250GB Xbox 360 holiday bundle, and they claimed that the trade in value was ~$70. I asked about the 50% promo, and was told that it didn't count if you used it to purchase a new product. Oh, and that was with my edge card.

At this point, I don't know why I even bother with GS any more. I've never had a good trade in experience with them.

[quote name='cplater'] I asked about the 50% promo, and was told that it didn't count if you used it to purchase a new product. Oh, and that was with my edge card.
[/QUOTE]

This is where I would have said. Fine, I'll trade it in, put the credit on my edge...then I'll buy the system in a different transaction. Also, Edge doesn't work on systems.

[quote name='cplater']So, I took my 360, 20GB HD, wired controler, wired headset, PS2, dual shock 2, and logitech controler into a local GS to trade in towards a 250GB Xbox 360 holiday bundle, and they claimed that the trade in value was ~$70. I asked about the 50% promo, and was told that it didn't count if you used it to purchase a new product. Oh, and that was with my edge card.

At this point, I don't know why I even bother with GS any more. I've never had a good trade in experience with them.[/QUOTE]

360 (wired controller) - $35, $52.5 after promo
20GB HD - $6, $6.60 after Edge/PowerUp
Wired Headset - $5, $5.50 after Edge/PowerUp
PS2 (with controller) *Assuming Slim* - $15, $22.5 after promo
Logitech - $2.50, $2.75 after Edge/PowerUp

So before any additions, $63.50. After a promo, assuming they had hit total button, $89.85. These are all assuming every value is the same as lists. I figure they probably hadn't hit total yet. Always make them hit total, never trust the word.

Am I reading this right:

XBOX 360
Hardware
Core unit + wired controller - $35 (9/12/10)

Hardware Refurb Deductions
Core unit + wired controller -$45 (4/10/10)

Does that mean that I'd pay $10 to trade in a Core unit + wired controller, or that I'd get $35 after the $45 refurb fee?

[quote name='cplater']Am I reading this right:

Does that mean that I'd pay $10 to trade in a Core unit + wired controller, or that I'd get $35 after the $45 refurb fee?[/QUOTE]
That's only if you get hit with a refurb. They wouldn't actually take the console at that point. Those refurb fees have probably dropped but no one has reported them lately.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']This is where I would have said. Fine, I'll trade it in, put the credit on my edge...then I'll buy the system in a different transaction. Also, Edge doesn't work on systems.[/QUOTE]

That's where we were going, but I was missing the bread away cable on the wired controller, so I would have had to go back anyway. I'm guess I just need to get over the fact that I was thinking this stuff was worth at least a bit more than it is. :D

[quote name='JP']360 (wired controller) - $35, $52.5 after promo
20GB HD - $6, $6.60 after Edge/PowerUp
Wired Headset - $5, $5.50 after Edge/PowerUp
PS2 (with controller) *Assuming Slim* - $15, $22.5 after promo
Logitech - $2.50, $2.75 after Edge/PowerUp

So before any additions, $63.50. After a promo, assuming they had hit total button, $89.85. These are all assuming every value is the same as lists. I figure they probably hadn't hit total yet. Always make them hit total, never trust the word.[/QUOTE]

Ah, there's another place I was going wrong, I was assuming 50% on the whole trade in, not just the console part. Now it's all starting to make sense.

Cleaned out some games from my kids closet. All are base of course:

:360:
Data Transfer Cable $7.00

:ps2:
Eye Toy Camera $0.25 cents
Xenosaga II $1.50
Eye Toy: Kinetic $0.40 cents
Eye Toy: Play 2 $0.35 cents

:ps3:
Power Cord $1.00

:gc:
Super Mario Sunshine $3.75
Super Smash Bros Melee $4.00
NBA Street $0.60 cents
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 $2.00

:ds:
Carnival Games $5.00
Mario Hoops 3 on 3 $8.00
Lego Batman $5.00
Super Mario Bros $15
Super Monkey Ball Touch and Roll $1.50
Disney Friends $2.00

Trade In Base Values (01/07/2011)

360 VGA Cable $3.50
360 Data Transfer Cable $7.00
360 64MB Memory Card $1.00
PS2 AV Cable $3.00
Wii AV Cable $1.75
PS3 Controller Charger Dock $1.25

I'm sure this has been asked before, so forgive me, but I looked through the past few pages and didn't see anything: for the "trade $5 get $20" promo, is this only for 5 games, or will it somehow prorate itself if you trade in more games? I'm assuming the former but wanted to clarify. :p

Base TIVs from Jan.8th, 2011.

:360:
Halo Reach - $23.00
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga - $5.00
GRID - $4.00
Rock Band 2 - $3.00
Scene It: Box Office Smash - $2.00
Far Cry 2 - $2.00

meh..thinking about trading in my BlackOps and then heading down to grab the Prestige Edition for $80 at BestBuy. I only paid $35 for my Blackops so I wouldn't really be losing anything by trading in my current copy

Thanxs..Does anyone know if that i can still get the 50% for the black ops even if i have multiple items i want to trade in or do i need two seperate transaction

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]
Hey JP, off topic, but I was reading your quotes and thought of a good one if you hadnt used it already. "When the fuck did we get ice cream? Did you get ice cream!? I didnt get any ice cream!"

EDIT: I watched the clip on youtube. I mis remembered the last line. "Was I sleeping?" "Can I get that ice cream now?" Classic.

got a bunch more cheap games in for the final day of the promotion:

1/9/11

PSP
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite $3
Vakyrie Profile Lenneth $2.50
Dissidia Final Fantasy $5
Tekken Dark Resurrection $4
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops $3
Final Fantasy Tactics $4
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona $5
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake $4
FInal Fantasy VII Crisis Core $2.50
Half-Minute Hero $2.50
Phantasy Star Portable $5
Patapon 2 (UMD version) $2.50
DJ Max Fever $1.50
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe $2
Sid Meier's Pirates $2
Jeanne D'arc $1.50

Nier $3
Guitar Hero Van Halen $5
Call of Duty: Black Ops $30

All 360

Alien vs Predator - $6 (no change)
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - $2.50
Ninja Blade - $4
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - $5 (no change)
Tom Clancy's HAWX - $3

Was just in gamestop and the employee there said they are extending the 50% trade credit when purchasing a used game until next Sunday.

[quote name='manicstreet']Was just in gamestop and the employee there said they are extending the 50% trade credit when purchasing a used game until next Sunday.[/QUOTE]

So this is for games too? You can trade in your games toward a purchase of any game and get 50% added to the trade in values?

I must have missed this? I thought it was just for used system/console purchases

Went to Gamestop to trade 7 games I haven't touched in months for around $50. Not bad.

The only base value out of the list that changed was :360:Dead Rising 1, which dropped to $1.50.

Wow, I see most of you guys selling good games for cheap prices at gamestop. maybe for the deals and such, If one of you guys gonna sell red dead redemption. Just PM me, I will offer you something better then what gamestop is.

has anyone traded in the new naruto game for ps3? didnt see it listed and i was curious what the trade in value is for it.

[quote name='dyeknom']Weird, LogitechMouse I was just at GS and base TIV for the shoot was $10... (didnt do it though)[/QUOTE]

shit your right. I got my numbers messed up. Let me try again :p

[quote name='Rosterking']Wow, I see most of you guys selling good games for cheap prices at gamestop. maybe for the deals and such, If one of you guys gonna sell red dead redemption. Just PM me, I will offer you something better then what gamestop is.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't want to deal with shipping, wait time, etc. I see stuff all the time posted by people that I would have given them a few bucks more for.

[quote name='Rosterking']Wow, I see most of you guys selling good games for cheap prices at gamestop. maybe for the deals and such, If one of you guys gonna sell red dead redemption. Just PM me, I will offer you something better then what gamestop is.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='life.exe']Most people don't want to deal with shipping, wait time, etc. I see stuff all the time posted by people that I would have given them a few bucks more for.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy gave me $25 for Red Dead, beats the hell out of what GS is offering. Even with the GS 50% bonus BB is still better.

1/9/11

GCN

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $7.25

PSP
GTA: Liberty City Stories - $5

PS3
Medal of Honor - $10
NFS: Carbon - $7
GTA IV - $2.50
Ridge Racer 7 - $2

Fallout 3 - $2.50

base values for 1/9:

360 :360:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - 5.00
Cars - 3.00
Spider-man Friend or Foe - 3.00

Wii :wii:
Guitar Hero: Van Halen - 6.00
Mario & Sonic: Winter Games - 9.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 6.00
Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels - 4.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 11.00
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate - 7.00

PS3 :ps3:
Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition - 7.00
Darksiders - 4.00
God of War III - 9.00
Rock Band: LEGO - 4.00
Sonic the Hedgehog - 3.00

DS :ds:
Marvel Super Hero Squad - 6.00

I lost the paper I had written the value on, but the original Picross is no longer over $2 threshold for the tiered trade deal. I wanna say he said $1, but it may be $1.50.

DS
Elite Beat Agents - $0.50
Picross-$1 ($1.50)

[quote name='life.exe']Most people don't want to deal with shipping, wait time, etc. I see stuff all the time posted by people that I would have given them a few bucks more for.[/QUOTE]

GS trade in's are weak most everybody will agree with that. Most of the times I never even trade games in, I just ask just to know for future reference or just for the sake of updating the database - helps CAG out in the end.

Values from 1/9:

DS:
Etrian Odyssey $4
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney $3
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All $4

360:
Soul Calibur IV $3
Assassin's Creed 2 $4

Wii:
Sam & Max Season 1: $1

Only know the last value because it didn't qualify for the trade-in promo. :( Opted not to trade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back