GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking to trade in 7 games tomorrow for the 30%. If I trade in greatest hits versions of games, are the trade in values less than an original game copy?

Guys, is it the regular edition of Bad Company 2 that is trading for $15 or is it the Ultimate Edition? I find it very hard to believe that the regular edition still trades for that much...

PS3:
Uncharted - 9
Uncharted 2 - 15
Ratchet and clank tools of destruction - 7

Wii:
Tetris party deluxe - 15 (will probably change tomorrow)
Star wars force unleashed - 7
LOZ twilight princess - 14

PS2:
Sims 2 - 5

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Guys, is it the regular edition of Bad Company 2 that is trading for $15 or is it the Ultimate Edition? I find it very hard to believe that the regular edition still trades for that much...[/QUOTE]

It is the regular edtion. I know cause I traded in my regular edition copy for $15 today.

4/9

:wii:
Super Mario Galaxy - $15

I know I could have gotten more from Amazon, but it was a fairly beat up copy I got at Blockbuster a while back that had a "display only" cover and no manual, so trading to Amazon (or to another CAG even) was not an option. I think I came very close to getting hit with a refurb fee on this one - the guy gave it a longer-than-usual look ;). But really, while it was pretty scuffed up they were all light surface scratches and it played fine.

I've really depleted my GS credit so I need to get some more even with not-so-great trade-ins. I only wish I had spent more time researching what else I could take in.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Guys, is it the regular edition of Bad Company 2 that is trading for $15 or is it the Ultimate Edition? I find it very hard to believe that the regular edition still trades for that much...[/QUOTE]

There's no reason why they should give more for the Ultimate Edition considering the codes are probably already used for it by the previous owner.

Gamestop does not distinguish between special and regular editions unless there's DLC on a disk ala Fallout, etc.

Battlefield is becoming a very popular used purchase. My local manager told me they sold 40 copies in the last month.

I believe that $15 guaranteed promo (which BFBC2 for the Xbox ONLY was on) goes through today, so you should be fine. Report back after you trade it in...

4/9
PSP
Ys:Art of napishtim 2.50
SOCOM us navy seal fireteam 1.50
SOCOM us navy seal fireteam 3 7.00
7 wonders 1.00
loco roco 2 2.50
Lego Star wars original trilogy 7.00
DS
Mario and luigi bowseres inside 11.00
need for speed carbon own 4.00
major league baseball 2k7 1.50
The simpsons game 5.00
wii
donkey kong country returns 25.00
Star wars force unleashed 7.00
tiger woods pga tour 2007 2.00
mario sonic olympic games 10.00
legend of zelda twilight princesss 14.00
Star ocean:last hope 7.00
motogp 2006 0.50

4/3
lego batman 2.50
dirt 2 10.00
battlefield 2 modern combat 2.00
kiong kong peter jackson's 2.00
viva pinata party animals 2.00
dance dance revolution universe 0.20
ratatouille 2.50
frontlines fuels of war 1.50
assasssin's creed brotherhood 18.00
wall e 3.00
wii
worms a space oddity 1.50
resident evil 4 7.00
marvel ultimate alliance 6.00
rayman raving rabbids 6.00
rayman raving rabbids 2 7.00
GC
the sims 2 pets 2.00
ps2
eye toy (game disc only) 0.10

Some base values from earlier today:

PSP:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $6.00

PS2:
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters $4.00

Wii:
Endless Ocean $6.00
Wii Sports $4.00

Xbox 360:
The Club $1.50 (should have saved this for filler in a future sale; already had my 7..doh!)
Dirt $6.00
Splinter Cell: Conviction: $6.00
Wanted: Weapons of Fate $5.00

PS3:
Get Fit w/ Mel B $9.00
God of War III $8.00
Heavy Rain $15.00

Although it's only a 30% bump, I love these trade in promos that still include all games (ie PS2, portables, etc..) Don't know how many more we'll see that include those games in the future...:cry:

Traded in 4/10:

:360: Crysis 2 $23
:360: WWE All Stars $20
:ps3: Littlebigplanet 2 $27

Used the Portal 2 40% coupon and PUR card to come out with $105. Between working the trade in system and my local Gamestop doing midnight releases for every notable title, this is why they get my business. Looks like I'll be picking up Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 with nothing out of pocket.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Traded in 4/10:

Used the Portal 2 40% coupon and PUR card to come out with $105. Between working the trade in system and my local Gamestop doing midnight releases for every notable title, this is why they get my business. Looks like I'll be picking up Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 with nothing out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

How do you get this coupon? Ive been searching the forums and haven't seen a way to get this...

[quote name='AbramJ23']How do you get this coupon? Ive been searching the forums and haven't seen a way to get this...[/QUOTE]

You have to pre-order Portal 2 at gamestop to get the coupon. I would just pre-order it even if you're interested in getting it elsewhere and cancelling as soon as you use the coupon

[quote name='boogie4114']You have to pre-order Portal 2 at gamestop to get the coupon. I would just pre-order it even if you're interested in getting it elsewhere and cancelling as soon as you use the coupon[/QUOTE]

Do u get it from the store then once you preorder?

Used the Portal 2 40% coupon and PUR card to come out with $105. Between working the trade in system and my local Gamestop doing midnight releases for every notable title, this is why they get my business. Looks like I'll be picking up Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 with nothing out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

$105?

$60 base plus $55? (almost double?)

$60 plus 10% ($6) plus 40% ($24) would be $90

what am I missing?

Xbox 360

Resident Evil 5 - $6.00
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - $7.00
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - $18.00
NBA 2K11 - $15.00
Dead Space 2 - $24.00
Skate 3 - $10.00
Wireless Controller - $11.00
Charge Kit w/ Battery Pack - $3.00

Nintendo DS
Mario & Sonic: Winter Games - $8.00

I was waiting for somebody else besides the OP in the original Portal 2 preorder - 40% bonus to confirm but it seems like this really worked? If so, would be a good time to trade in Black Ops which I got a quote yesterday for $30 base (PS3).

i called and got the same response but as we know employees may not be aware of all their promos. im tempted to give this a shot but feel bad if i cancel a preorder since it hurts their numbers just for the sake of experimentation.

update: i reserved a PS3 copy of Portal 2 and no 40% trade-in bonus coupon came with it.

I reserved a copy of Portal 2 on Friday just to get the bonus trade in. The employee had to scan a barcode from a huge binder of other barcodes for other deals. The preorder extra trade credit for Portal 2 is definately legit.

I didn't want to go through 90 pages to find it, and didn't see it as I scanned the first few pages. Anyway I ordered enslaved used from gamestop and got one of those gamestop boxes with no manual. How much does that drop the price of games?

[quote name='loc0bob']I reserved a copy of Portal 2 on Friday just to get the bonus trade in. The employee had to scan a barcode from a huge binder of other barcodes for other deals. The preorder extra trade credit for Portal 2 is definately legit.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the 40% bonus or 25%? The 40% one is what I'm trying to get.

TIVs from 4/7
DS
burnout legends 3.00
cloudy witha chance of meatballs 3.00
imagine animal doctors 3.00
eragon 1.00
imagine fashion designer 3.00
wall-e 3.00
thrillville oof the rails 1.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done