GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded the following at Gamestop on 3/30/11:
Tekken 6 - PS3 - 6.00
Final Fantasy XIII - X360 - 7.00
Kinectimals - X360 - 20.00
Call of Duty: Black Ops - X360 - 28.00
Assassin's Creed 2 - X360 - 5.00
Band Hero - X360 - 4.00
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare - X360 - 11.00
Mario Party - DS - 15.00
Super Mario 64 DS - DS - 12.00
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - X360 - 17.00
Red Dead Redemption - X360 - 15.00

Also, for anyone still thinking of trading up for a 3DS, if you have multiple older units they will all get the higher trade-in value if used to get a 3DS. I traded in 2 DS lites and got $50 for each of them.

so 7 for 30% is the only trade in bonus right now?
like i posted in the power saver thread. my store is running the 50% trade in bonus. i guess it must be ymmv since nobody else has reported this.

:ps3: Marvel vs capcom 3 $24

Traded the following today (4/1/11):

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 - $12
Killzone 2 - PS3 - $8
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - PS3 - $14
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - PS3 - $18
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition - PS3 - $18
Battlefield: Bad Company - 360 - $1.50
Halo 3 - 360 - $1.50

Sorry if this has been asked before...

Does Gamestop take the Wii Sports Resort that comes bundled with the Wii? Or do they only take the regular version that is sold separately?

[quote name='dobedobedo']Sorry if this has been asked before...

Does Gamestop take the Wii Sports Resort that comes bundled with the Wii? Or do they only take the regular version that is sold separately?[/QUOTE]

Mine was the bundled version, as-in the small little sleeve with the game inside. They took it just fine.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']like i posted in the power saver thread. my store is running the 50% trade in bonus. i guess it must be ymmv since nobody else has reported this.[/QUOTE]

I asked at a local store today if there was a 50% promo and they said "no." I realize employees aren't usually up to date on promotions, but I didn't want to trade any games to see for sure.

I have a Guitar Hero game that came in a bundle. In place of the bar code there is a white box that says "not for resale." It's otherwise the same game with the case, cover (minus the bar code), and manual. I normally do trades with Amazon and I know they won't take this. I'm guessing GS will take it, but will I get full trade-in credit or the lower price they give to games without cases? Anything else I should know? Thanks.

[quote name='louiedog']I have a Guitar Hero game that came in a bundle. In place of the bar code there is a white box that says "not for resale." It's otherwise the same game with the case, cover (minus the bar code), and manual. I normally do trades with Amazon and I know they won't take this. I'm guessing GS will take it, but will I get full trade-in credit or the lower price they give to games without cases? Anything else I should know? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They will take it. Also, I've never received a lower TIV for games without cases. If you do, take it to another GS.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Mine was the bundled version, as-is the small little sleeve with the game inside. They took it just fine.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply! Awesome signature by the way. :D

[quote name='salty tbone']They will take it. Also, I've never received a lower TIV for games without cases. If you do, take it to another GS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Heard about Fallout New Vegas CE being $30 and figured I'd grab one. Here's what I traded in today (base value):

Dead Space - $7
Wired Headset - $3 (I miss them being $5)

Wii
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - $7
Wii Remote - $7

PS2
Dual Shock 2 - $3.25

My card had expired last month, and I doubt I'll renew it since I'm buying fewer games, so my total ended up being $30.25 (since I traded in two headsets). Now I have 26 cents to blow on something else.

Had to pick up the New Vegas CE at $30 simply a no brainer, and I'm a total sucker for on disc dlc so away my old versions went traded today...

:ps3:
Borderlands - $6
Fallout New Vegas - $5

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']wait... are these really base values on

Oblivion - $7

all of those seem a little high, especially after bonuses, unfortunately I can't get out and trade those in today, hoping the values hold for tomorrow[/QUOTE]

It's back up to $19.99 used (madness!) so I guess that's about right. I noticed Fight Night Round 4 was up to $18, too. Maybe the big sale is to distract us from all the price increases.

TIV as of today...

Mario Power Tennis $8
Mario & Sonic at The Winter Olympics $12
Super Mario Galaxy $15

Rainbow Six Vegas (360) $1
Assassins Creed $2
Kinectimals $20
Guitar Hero 5 $4

I went with my friends to get Borderlands GOTY for $20 yesterday, and one had some games to trade in:

:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man - $2.50
:ps3: Haze - $2.00
:ps3: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - $3.00
:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $7.00
:360: The Orange Box - $7.00
:360: Shadowrun - $0.75
:360: Armored Core 4 - $2.00
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 - $5.00

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']wait... are these really base values on

Resident Evil 5 - $6
Oblivion - $7
NBA 2K10 - $6
Halo Wars - $11 (???)

all of those seem a little high, especially after bonuses, unfortunately I can't get out and trade those in today, hoping the values hold for tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Used prices for purchase went up on these:
RE 5- $25
Oblivion (vanilla)- $20
NBA 2K10- $18
Halo Wars- $30

3/30
iconxbox360.gif

Def Jam Rapstar - $8
Microphone wired - $4
Fable 2 - $1.50

when i bought a game at gamestop yesterday, saw that Pilotwings resort had a $20 trade in value, guess thats the standard for 3DS games.

anyone else trade in any yet?

$20 for Pilotwings Resort and $23 for Super Mario Galaxy 2, from what I saw today at gamestop.

Also, 1.50 for a PS3 controller cable, which is 0.50 more than the tiv for a PSP USB cable. Even though both serve the same function.

Went to look at the Power Saver Sale but didn't get anything. However, traded in:

HDMI Cable - $4

EDIT: It was a 3' cable

Traded (PS3):

Grand Theft Auto IV: $7
Rise of the Argonauts: $3

Picked up Mafia 2 GH for $7 (after trades and bonuses.) For anyone who's interested, the DLC is apparently on disc for the Greatest Hits version.

[quote name='imri']anyone know if they are still doing that 40% trade in bonus for xbox360 games?[/QUOTE]

No. That ended on the 30th or 31st of March.

Got an email for 40% extra for your trade ins when you put them towards Portal 2. The store I frequent generally requires you to only put $5 of the credit on the pre order, but that is YMMV. Either way, might be worth checking out if the 50% thing doesn't happen.

360:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $15

PS3:
Katamari Forever $10
Infamous $11
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $12
LEGO Indiana Jones 2 $8
The Simpsons Game $8

Wii:
Resident Evil 4 $7
Mario Kart Wii $25

quick question everyone,

was thinking of trading my call of duty: black ops- xbox 360 but it's from the hardened edition with no bar code, would they still take it?

if your thinking "why not trade the medal and laser cell with the hardened edition" I sold those things long ago.

thanks in advance.

[quote name='theking20']quick question everyone,

was thinking of trading my call of duty: black ops- xbox 360 but it's from the hardened edition with no bar code, would they still take it?

if your thinking "why not trade the medal and laser cell with the hardened edition" I sold those things long ago.

thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

they wouldn't care if you just took the disc in and kept the steelbook.

Here's some values from earlier today (base, of course):

Wii:
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn 11.00
Pokemon Battle Revolution 15.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 25.00

PS3:
Get Fit w/ Mel B 9.00
Uncharted 2 (regular, not GOTY) 15.00!
Yakuza 3 8.00

Xbox:
MLB 2K10 5.00
Battlefield Bad Co. 2 15.00

PSP:
Naruto Legends: Akatsuki Rising 6.00

Not a bad haul at all. It should be noted that I had a $4 refurb fee on Bad Co. 2, and a $2 on MLB 2k10, so I assume those would have been higher by that amount, respectively. All told, I got $152.60 (minus $6 in refurb fees).

Got another 2 rounds of $17.99 B2G1 games, put a few bucks on some preorders for the the cool GS cashiers at my fav. local store, and have got $60 something left on the PUR card to do more damage tomorrow.

Here are some base TIVs from today (4/8)...

Darksiders (PS3) - 7
God of War Collection (PS3) - 9
GH Van Halen (PS3) - 3
Sims 3 (360) - 15
Resident Evil 5 (360) - 6
FN Round 4 (360) - 4
BF Bad Company 2 (360) - 15

Here are some values from today:

Xbox 360:
Battlefield Bad company 2: $15
Ninja Gaiden 2: $3
Halo Wars: $11