GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the new promo this week just the 40% extra trade-in for Xbox 360 (PUR members only)? I've been holding off trading some games to Amazon pending a new GS promo that might actually be worth it.

Thought I'd let yall know the following:

Traded: Xbox 360 Pro System (including console, 20g HD, component cables, power cable, and wireless controller) for $86. That included the bonus $25 for this week's special.

Still no word on the new trade in promo...I just checked GS' website, and still have the tiered deal listed that expired yesterday. I need to trade in a few more games to pay for my 3DS today, but what combination of games I bring depends on what promo they have running (don't have much 360 stuff to trade for the +40%, unfortunately).

I seemed to have misplaced my Gamestop power up rewards card during my last visit, and now I'm racking up all these points from transactions I never made. What should I do?

[quote name='nietzsche74']I seemed to have misplaced my Gamestop power up rewards card during my last visit, and now I'm racking up all these points from transactions I never made. What should I do?[/QUOTE]

Since it's not a CC or anything -- I'd say keep the points rolling in. I don't believe any personal information is being compromised.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I seemed to have misplaced my Gamestop power up rewards card during my last visit, and now I'm racking up all these points from transactions I never made. What should I do?[/QUOTE]

From the poweruprewards.com FAQ.

1. What if I lose my membership card? Just go to any participating GameStop store and tell an associate that your dog ate it. They'll feel sorry for your lack of imagination and look up your account using your email address or phone number. You'll still be able to get all your benefits.

You can get your account number from the PUR site as well.

[quote name='sgaldis']Still no word on the new trade in promo...I just checked GS' website, and still have the tiered deal listed that expired yesterday. I need to trade in a few more games to pay for my 3DS today, but what combination of games I bring depends on what promo they have running (don't have much 360 stuff to trade for the +40%, unfortunately).[/QUOTE]

We're in the same boat buddy. patiently waiting, hoping i dont get screwed and there not being another tier for a month.

Well, I actually found about $90 in GS credit I forgot I had, so I'll just pay off the 3DS with that. I've got some good first party Wii titles to trade in, so I want to make sure I get a good promo, otherwise I can just take them somewhere else.

On a related note, here's some values I forgot to post from 3/26:

Wii:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn 11.00
LoZ: Twlight Princess 14.00
Mario & Sonic Olympic Winter Games 12.00
Super Mario Galaxy 2 23.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 25.00
Pokemon Battle Revolution 15.00

PS2:
Kingdom Hearts 8.00 (I had a $3 refurb on that one, so if my eyes aren't tricking me, this has an $11 base!??? I got $11.20 for it on Saturday with the 40% bump, so would have been $14.20 without the refurb. That is just nutty for KH.)

Some great values with that promo. SMG 2 got $32.20 and SSBB got $35 after the promo's!

Too bad my local GS is sold out of 3DS's. Was gonna take some games to trade in for the credit towards it. Seems to be the only place they are in short supply. Just cant bring myself to spend the $250 without using some game credit. Maybe I should call them back to ask if they expect a restock of them anytime soon.

Does anybody know if they accept Modern Warfare 2 Hardened since it does not have a bar code or anything for that matter since its just a metallic case?

[quote name='ral1121']Does anybody know if they accept Modern Warfare 2 Hardened since it does not have a bar code or anything for that matter since its just a metallic case?[/QUOTE]

Given they will take a game without a case at all, it won't be a problem

Base 3/28

:ds:
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - 9.00

:ps3:
Little Big Planet - 9.00

:wii:
Super Mario Galaxy - 15.00

:360:
Kinectimals - 20.00
Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - 6.00
Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY - 15.00
Red Dead Redemption - 15.00
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 10.00
NHL 11 - 18.00
512 MB Memory Card - 4.00

I just realized that it gave me the tiered trade of 7/30% instead of the 40% + PUR trade in on the 360 games. The tiered trade was supposed to end on Sunday. I'm not sure why it still applied yesterday.

[quote name='sgaldis']Wow, so the tiered deal still applied yesterday? Can anyone else confirm?[/QUOTE]

Can't confirm but can say that the guys at my store (including the manager) were still answering the phone by telling people about it yesterday.

A couple of pieces of info from today 3/29/11

First, the CSR who answered the phone greeted me by telling me that they are giving 30% extra on all trades. She could have been mistaken, but that is what she said.

Second, phone quotes:

:360: Madden 11 -12
:360: Assassin's Creed Bro. 18 (2 drop from yesterday)

[quote name='biledriver']Crysis 2 xbox360 $23.....not joking[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it has an online pass or not, but since it's an EA game I assume it does. Anyways, games that need an online code to play multiplayer usually have a low base trade in value, even when recently released.

Guys, if you're trading in a game and you see you're getting like 23 bucks for a new game, offer it to US first. I think you'd rather sell it to a gamer instead of having Gamestop mark it up.

[quote name='Microshock']Guys, if you're trading in a game and you see you're getting like 23 bucks for a new game, offer it to US first. I think you'd rather sell it to a gamer instead of having Gamestop mark it up.[/QUOTE]

Actually I bought it used as it was. So I just whipped out the receipt and got my full money back on it. I was just going to trade it in if I got like $40+ as I only paid $50. But at that trade value I returned it.

Anybody know if there's any way to check your PUR card balance anymore? There used to be a link to check the edge card's balance right on the main GS page by the gift cards...now I can't find anything anywhere (either on the main page or the PUR site). Maybe I'm just missing it...

[quote name='JKSonic']Anybody know if there's any way to check your PUR card balance anymore? There used to be a link to check the edge card's balance right on the main GS page by the gift cards...now I can't find anything anywhere (either on the main page or the PUR site). Maybe I'm just missing it...[/QUOTE]
At the bottom of Gamestops main page it has edge card and then card help if you click it it will have a link to check you balance Check Balance

The thread with the Powersaver sale info is claiming the 50% bonus is coming back next week. I'm guessing it'll just replace the extension the current promo received?

Originally Posted by jdizzydot View Post
xbox 360 as of 3/26

Splatterhouse - $15
Transformers: War for Cybertron - $11
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $30
MLB 2K11 - $24
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 - $18

[quote name='MSUHitman']Are these base or after bonus?[/QUOTE]

Would like to know this also. $30 for MVC3 would be $45 after bonus then. If that's the case I'll trade that mofo in

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']The thread with the Powersaver sale info is claiming the 50% bonus is coming back next week. I'm guessing it'll just replace the extension the current promo received?[/QUOTE]

It will likely be effective Friday but it's also likely that base values will go down too. I think I will take my games in before as losing the 10% now will probably be better then losing out on a credit due to a lower base value for my games.

Just traded in the following (all for the 360) :

Left 4 Dead 2 - $12.80
Oblivion : GOTY Edition - $15.00
Borderlands -$6.00

$46.20 after the 40% boost...I'll take it... Now to go back Friday and buy the GOTY Borderlands for $20!

I'm really tired so math isn't my friend right now, but unless I'm mistaken:

Divinity II - 7 (+1)
Fight Night Round 4 - 4 (+2)
Vanilla Oblivion (360) - 7 (+4.5) (Really?)

It's surprising that every game I took in not only held their value, but most of them actually went up, especially Oblivion, which, after 40%+10% is $10.50, which is fifty cents more than I paid for it at the same store. I don't understand why Fight Night would go up either, it seems like everyone would be trading it for Champion.

iconps3.gif
03/30/2011

Hellboy: Science of Evil - $1.50
Resistance: Fall of Man - $2.50
Resistance 2 - $7.00

iconxbox360.gif
03/30/2011

Alpha Protocol - $6.00
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $17.00
BioShock 2 - $4.00
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $28.00
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $10.00
Dante's Inferno - $7.00
Dead Rising 1 - $3.00
Dead Rising 2 - $15.00
Eat Lead: the Return of Matt Hazard - $3.00
Fable III - $17.00
Forza 3 - $10.00
Halo Wars - $11.00
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $8.00
NBA 2K10 - $6.00
Resident Evil 5 - $6.00
Silent Hill: Homecoming - $5.00
Singularity - $7.00
Stuntman Ignition - $1.50
Too Human - $1.50
Turok - $1.50

iconwii.gif
03/30/2011

Wii Sports Resort - $15.00

Traded in a bunch of games a while ago. Went through the list on page 1 and listed only the things things that I traded in with more current dates and prices. Please add.

xbox 360:
Perfect Dark Zero - $0.50 (3/5/11)
Viva Pinata: Party Animals - $2 (3/6/11)
You're In the Movies - $0.20 (3/6/11)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - $1 (3/6/11)

ps3:
Dragon Age: Origins - $7 (3/5/11)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $8 (3/5/11)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $
Time Crisis 4 - $1.50 (3/5/11)

wii:
Balls of Fury - $0.80 (3/6/11)
Biggest Loser - $9 (3/4/11)
Coldstone Creamery: Scoop it Up - $2.50 (3/4/11)
Overlord Dark Legend - $1 (3/5/11)

wait... are these really base values on

Resident Evil 5 - $6
Oblivion - $7
NBA 2K10 - $6
Halo Wars - $11 (???)

all of those seem a little high, especially after bonuses, unfortunately I can't get out and trade those in today, hoping the values hold for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back