GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rosterking']Wow, I see most of you guys selling good games for cheap prices at gamestop. maybe for the deals and such, If one of you guys gonna sell red dead redemption. Just PM me, I will offer you something better then what gamestop is.[/QUOTE]
There are trade forums and other places for this. The problem is that how does anyone know you are good to your word? I dont trade in to GS much, but if I have really old games no one wants or the games are not very expensive I will. Either way, it is almost always better to get your credit right away than worry with hassle of other people that could be liars/cheats and the post office/mail.

[quote name='killthee']1/9/11

GCN

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $7.25

PSP
GTA: Liberty City Stories - $5

PS3
Medal of Honor - $10
NFS: Carbon - $7
GTA IV - $2.50
Ridge Racer 7 - $2

Fallout 3 - $2.50[/QUOTE]

You guys need to shop around a little better. Best Buy is offering $25 for Medal of Honor.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but isn't a Black Ops trade basically an infinite loop of free money? I mean with the 50% and PowerupPro it trades in at $48, where the game is only $41 bucks or so used? I mean, you can probably do the PS3 for Xbox version a couple times without pissing a store manager off too much right? Not to mention this should get you a ton of powerup points.

[quote name='burger96']I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but isn't a Black Ops trade basically an infinite loop of free money? I mean with the 50% and PowerupPro it trades in at $48, where the game is only $41 bucks or so used? I mean, you can probably do the PS3 for Xbox version a couple times without pissing a store manager off too much right? Not to mention this should get you a ton of powerup points.[/QUOTE]

That's assuming that the TIV holds...

Definitely walked into GS today to pick up Fragile Dreams, told the manager there that the 50% was extended online, and he said the promo wasn't active anymore.

Ugh. Was looking to trade Reach in for ~35 :/

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Definitely walked into GS today to pick up Fragile Dreams, told the manager there that the 50% was extended online, and he said the promo wasn't active anymore.

Ugh. Was looking to trade Reach in for ~35 :/[/QUOTE]
let the computer do the work?

I called a few stores on Sunday before and I was told that the 50% promo ended even despite the extension stated on the website, one of the store rep told me on phone that there weren't a promo like this, but I guess that's expected from stupid GS employees . So I don't know but I need to unload few more games before the TIV drops. Hopefully someone here explain the computer does the work without having to deal with anal employees who had no idea how their store works.

[quote name='burger96']I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but isn't a Black Ops trade basically an infinite loop of free money? I mean with the 50% and PowerupPro it trades in at $48, where the game is only $41 bucks or so used? I mean, you can probably do the PS3 for Xbox version a couple times without pissing a store manager off too much right? Not to mention this should get you a ton of powerup points.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is true in other states or not, but the last few months in NY I've been told that stores need to hold games for 15 days after they been traded in before they can be sold.

TIVs from 1/9 (pre-bonus/base values)

$90 60GB PS3
$11 Xbox 360 wireless controller
$7 Xbox 360 data transfer cable
$4 Xbox 360 wired headset
$8 PS3 Eye camera
$5 Wiimote
$7 EA sports active for Wii (with strap and leg pocket thing)

Got +50% on the PS3 and +10% on game and accessories with Edge card.

[quote name='Denbo32']Not sure if this is true in other states or not, but the last few months in NY I've been told that stores need to hold games for 15 days after they been traded in before they can be sold.[/QUOTE]

That might be true in NY, but in Minnesota, I've watched employees put my traded in games on the shelf while I was still in the store.

Not sure if this is true in other states or not, but the last few months in NY I've been told that stores need to hold games for 15 days after they been traded in before they can be sold.

It all depends on the each particular cities pawn shop laws. In my area 1 GS holds items for 30 days before they can put it out. I can go to the next town over 5 min away and they put my trades out as soon as they get a chance. The hold time varies anywhere between 7 days to a month.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']That might be true in NY, but in Minnesota, I've watched employees put my traded in games on the shelf while I was still in the store.[/QUOTE]
I too have seen traded games placed right away both in MI and GA.

I was heading out to trade some stuff in at GS. But I stopped in at FYE and got a better deal. I picked up Dance Central and Kinectimals for nothing out of pocket.

Black Ops now trades for $25 base tiv. So, not gonna work anymore.

DS
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors - $8

PS3
Trinity Universe - $10

Not bad, got more combined for the two games after the 50% bonus + 10% PUP than I would have from Amazon.

XBOX - Cod BO - $25
PS3 - Lego Star Wars - Complete - $5

They had a copy of Borderlands GOTY PS3 on the shelf mislabled as the original for $17.99. I was able to buy it with no hassle and the included code worked.

[quote name='gorebago']XBOX - Cod BO - $25
PS3 - Lego Star Wars - Complete - $5

They had a copy of Borderlands GOTY PS3 on the shelf mislabled as the original for $17.99. I was able to buy it with no hassle and the included code worked.[/QUOTE]

Regarding Borderlands GOTY, since all the "GOTY" material is accessed through DLC, they probably sell it for the same as the regular (as well as give the same in credit) since they have to assume it's been redeemed. You were very fortunate that it worked.

Traded in my old (manufactured in spring '06) 360 on Sunday. Base was $40.
Wireless controller - $11
Headset - $5
Cooling fan - $1
20 gb harddrive - $6 (will trade it in to Amazon instead)
DS Lite - $25

This is probably one of those things that's been brought up a billion times or something, but my most recent receipt did not have base values printed on it. Fortunately I'm familiar with moving decimal places!

This is from 1/10:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 :360: - 4.00
Enslaved :360: - 11.00
Dragon Age Origins: Ult Ed :360: - 18.00

values from 1/12

xbox 360
(updated values)
mafia 2 - $12.00
def jam rapstar - $9.00
kinect sports - $18.00
need for speed hot pursuit - $16.00
toy story 3 - $12.00

(values that remain the same)
castlevania: LOS - $14.00
red dead redemption - $10.00
halo reach - $20.00
burnout paradise - $4.00

[quote name='chriscolbert']Regarding Borderlands GOTY, since all the "GOTY" material is accessed through DLC, they probably sell it for the same as the regular (as well as give the same in credit) since they have to assume it's been redeemed. You were very fortunate that it worked.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. The only GOTY editions that Gamestop differentiates in price on are the ones that have DLC on a disc, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, RE 5 Gold on PS3, etc. Anything with codes is treated as a vanilla copy as there is no guarantee the codes haven't been used.

Odds are low that people who trade in PS3 games do not have internet, so that is just weird that DLC codes have not been redeemed. Especially for GOTY editions where the DLC is why you are paying more for the game to begin with. Same with game registration cards, but I can see why people dont want to waste their time registering ownership of a game (nintendo, square enix, etc).

[quote name='nakanenui']Odds are low that people who trade in PS3 games do not have internet, so that is just weird that DLC codes have not been redeemed. Especially for GOTY editions where the DLC is why you are paying more for the game to begin with. Same with game registration cards, but I can see why people dont want to waste their time registering ownership of a game (nintendo, square enix, etc).[/QUOTE]

At the store I frequent, the manager there estimates only about 20-30% of his total customers have their consoles connected to broadband. He and his staff have to adjust their recommendations because very few customers have broadband and games like Halo/CoD/Battlefield aren't as good for people who can't play online.

I'm real sorry if this angers someone somehow, but if I were to trade in some games towards a used game, and I were to return the game the next day or two days later or something, I'd keep the bonus TIV as well?? I missed that tiered trade in offer. :bomb:

I can't imagine not connected to the internet. Welcome to the 21st century ludites.

Anyways, their loss, my gain. Dlc downloaded and installed.

Finally, an excuse to dump some games. They'll take GBA, right? Because I have loads of these games I'd like to trade for 360/PS3 titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']What if I trade in a game with 15 base value, use the 50% towarda used purchase get 22.50 but only buy a 9.99 game? Do I keep the rest of the 22.50 credit?[/QUOTE]

Yup you do keep the rest of the credit. They put it on your edge card. Does anyone know what promos will start after the 16th?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Thanks for the response Vap! No idea about your question[/QUOTE] - In fact, you can buy a $.99 game and get the rest as credit (as suggested my the manager at my local store)

i don`t have enough time so anyone can make proper post .you can get 10-30% discount on preowned games from Game Stop when you buy any2 to any6 games at same time
coupon code is EBC3018268
offer ends 1/16

[quote name='h2dk']- In fact, you can buy a $.99 game and get the rest as credit (as suggested my the manager at my local store)[/QUOTE]
Your manager's a f****g genius!! I'm definitely doing that.

And does anyone know if I were to pre-order MvC3 Collector's Edition, if I have to put more than the usual $5? (The CE is only $10 more than the standard version).

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Your manager's a f****g genius!! I'm definitely doing that.

And does anyone know if I were to pre-order MvC3 Collector's Edition, if I have to put more than the usual $5? (The CE is only $10 more than the standard version).[/QUOTE]

they stopped taking preorders instore for the CE. Best Bet Is Through Thier Website Or Capcom Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back