GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade in prices from today:

:ds:
Heathcliff: Frantic Foto - $3.00

:wii:
Chevrolet Camaro: Wild Ride - $4.00
Wii Charge Station w/ Battery- $2.00

:ps2:
From Russia With Love - $1.00

:360:
Blood Bowl - $1.00

:ps3:
Sixaxis Wireless Controller - $13.25

I completely forgot that I have an extra copy of Fable III since I bought the CE on clearance at Target. I'm glad I realized this on the last day of the 50% extra TIV promo. Actually, I thought the promo had ended so I was surprised to see that it was extended for a week. I'll be trading it in later on today.

Just buu it. It's awesome. Any deal you save now will be trumped in the long run with subscription fees anyways so saving 10$ is pointless.

Just traded some in today, can't add my amount to the TiV list tho (sucks being a newb, even though I have been lurking for years)

Here's my list, all on ps3:

BFBC2 - $6.00
Cod4MW - $3.00
DBZ Burst Limit - $7.00
Guitar hero III legends of rock - $2.80
Madden 08 - $0.15
Assassin's Creed - $2.00
inFamous - $7.00

Only traded cause I plat'd or haven't played in years. Picked up Red Dead Redemption, and AC:Brotherhood on ps3, and signed up for the power gamer card. Thought you got the b2g1 used coupon immediately, but the chick says it comes in the mail :( Was hoping to get heavy rain/something similarly priced for free :( Ahh well.

wow, i can't imagine playing console games not connected online. Even if im not playing cod or an online game, i still like to see my friend's list and what they are up to / trophies/ etc.

[quote name='Velo214']wow, i can't imagine playing console games not connected online. Even if im not playing cod or an online game, i still like to see my friend's list and what they are up to / trophies/ etc.[/QUOTE]

Lol, who ya replying to?

11/16
iconxbox360.gif

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - $20
Assassin's Creed II - $4
Halo: Reach $17

So if I trade in AC:Brotherhood for $20, does the total TiV go into the game I would pick up? Could I get Black Ops for $5 out of pocket? ($24.99 promo - $20 tiv = $4.99 out of pocket?)

Thanks for any help, I didn't see this explained in the last few pages.

Originally Posted by GameStop.com
Get any of the biggest new releases for only $24.99 when trading any other one. The 8 titles included: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fable III, Gran Turismo 5, Halo Reach, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Star Was: The Force Unleashed 2.

Offer valid toward new version of pictured titles only. Final promotional price is net after trade. Limit 1 trade per new title purchased. Titles become ineligible if the new equivalent's Xbox 360 or PS3 retail drops below $59.99, or Wii retail drops below $49.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/27/10 - 02/06/11.

[quote name='rywateska']So if I trade in AC:Brotherhood for $20, does the total TiV go into the game I would pick up? Could I get Black Ops for $5 out of pocket? ($24.99 promo - $20 tiv = $4.99 out of pocket?)

Thanks for any help, I didn't see this explained in the last few pages.[/QUOTE]
You wont get any of the $20 TIV. What happens is that the game that you are trading for, Black Ops, retails for $59.99. When you trade in Brotherhood it's TIV becomes $35 via the promo if you have a game on that list. It'll be $24.99 out of pocket.

[quote name='rywateska']So if I trade in AC:Brotherhood for $20, does the total TiV go into the game I would pick up? Could I get Black Ops for $5 out of pocket? ($24.99 promo - $20 tiv = $4.99 out of pocket?)

Thanks for any help, I didn't see this explained in the last few pages.[/QUOTE]

You would have to pay $25 out of pocket before taxes if you didn't have any PUR card. You're better off selling AC:B elsewhere and just buying Black Ops new from Amazon or something because even though the $35 promo from Gamestop is decent you still end up paying MSRP for Black Ops in reality.

[quote name='Donut2922']You would have to pay $25 out of pocket before taxes if you didn't have any PUR card. You're better off selling AC:B elsewhere and just buying Black Ops new from Amazon or something because even though the $35 promo from Gamestop is decent you still end up paying MSRP for Black Ops in reality.[/QUOTE]

Does having a PUR make any financial difference other than an additional 10% trade-in bonus? Having to pay $25 for this out of pocket really makes this a pointless deal.

As of 1-18-2011:

Prototype xbox 360 : $4
Golden Sun Dark Dawn Nintendo DS : $14
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite PSP: $3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Xbox 360, PS3: $24

Just wondering, does the rewards coupons from PUR stack with other coupons? Bought a few games and a used PS2 today, realized that I had a 5 off PUR coupon as well as the buy2/4/6 get 10/20/30 % off coupon that I could have used.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='n1c0']Just wondering, does the rewards coupons from PUR stack with other coupons? Bought a few games and a used PS2 today, realized that I had a 5 off PUR coupon as well as the buy2/4/6 get 10/20/30 % off coupon that I could have used.[/QUOTE]

Coupons will not stack, power-up rewards or the ones they've started giving out in the emails again.

Just wanted you give you a huge thanks to maintaining this JP. Wanted to get the ballpark of what my games would give and going by your list (in which some of the games were last updated months ago, ofc not fault to you) came within 50 cents of what I actually got for a trade-in. Went in planning to be disappointed and came out happy.

As of 1/18/11
Lost Planet 2 - $6 (PS3)
Need For Speed: HP - $16 (360)
Dead Rising 2 - $17 (360)
Soul Calibur 4 - $3 (360)
Blazblue: CS - $9 (360)
Blazblue: CT - $5 (360)
Borderlands - $5 (360)

I never trade my games in. These TIV's are painful to see. I wish I can just offer everyone a dollar more than what GS is giving you.

[quote name='Liverano']I never trade my games in. These TIV's are painful to see. I wish I can just offer everyone a dollar more than what GS is giving you.[/QUOTE]

TIV are painful. Gamestop is blatantly ripping people off; I'd to would buy the games for more than that.

[quote name='Liverano']I never trade my games in. These TIV's are painful to see. I wish I can just offer everyone a dollar more than what GS is giving you.[/QUOTE]

Then can you add in the 50% bonus + 10% edge and then take every single one of my games that I don't want.

I don't hear gamestop saying sorry I already have 22 copies of Bayontta I don't need another.

If you think gamestop is ripping people off so much, why don't you open up a game store and give fair prices.

^Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

I have no problem with GS. I've picked up 20+ PS3 games from them this month alone.

Some people don't understand collections, some people don't understand backlogs. I don't understand people trading in games for single digit values. Sure if you're doing a flip and making some credit I can understand but I'd much rather keep a hard copy of my game then trade it in for $4.

Someone just traded Godfather for $2.50. So +50% +10% equals roughly $4. That's not enough to cover sales tax on a new game.

[quote name='Denbo32']Then can you add in the 50% bonus + 10% edge and then take every single one of my games that I don't want.

I don't hear gamestop saying sorry I already have 22 copies of Bayontta I don't need another.

If you think gamestop is ripping people off so much, why don't you open up a game store and give fair prices.[/QUOTE]

There is no "if" Gamestop is ripping people off - just look at some of the recent TIV. It's just my logical opinion, but I think it's a waste to trade games to GS. With a little more effort they can be sold on ebay or Amazon for a lot more.

[quote name='Liverano']^Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

I have no problem with GS. I've picked up 20+ PS3 games from them this month alone.

Some people don't understand collections, some people don't understand backlogs. I don't understand people trading in games for single digit values. Sure if you're doing a flip and making some credit I can understand but I'd much rather keep a hard copy of my game then trade it in for $4.

Someone just traded Godfather for $2.50. So +50% +10% equals roughly $4. That's not enough to cover sales tax on a new game.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, but are you going to pay someone else $5 dollars for The Godfather? btw you should cover the person shipping fee and paypal if paying that way. If not then what your saying is pure BS.

Thats fine if you value holding your game for more then $4 bucks, but for many others they rather have the cash then the game.

I know personally I would trade in my godfather game because that one I pretty sure I wouldn't touch again.

Gamestop is giving free 1 year warranty on all used system purchases again. Also you can get a free 1 year disk guarantee on any used game purchase.

Also in addition to buying XBLA/game add-ons in store, you can do it on gamestop.com now as well. Good for people not minding paying MSRP for digital content and not wanting to worry about Microsoft Points I guess.

I was happy with my TiVs...

Games I will never play ever again (plat'd and they've no replay value for me these days, plus some have been collecting dust for ages), for 2 games that I am happily playing right now. Red dead and AC:B

Almost done with ACB, so I can flip that and make the same $$ back if not more (craigslist). Red dead I will prolly keep forever.

I will only ever trade in if they do the 50% thing though, +10% through the card.

Only disappoint = the fact that I couldn't use the new member b2g1 used game free coupon immediately after signing up.

Gave in two games to put towards Dead Space 2 (+25 bonus and +10 power up). Got $43.20 for both.

Base TIV:

Gran Turismo 5 (ps3) - $24
Split/Second (360) - $8

[quote name='Trance Addix']There is no "if" Gamestop is ripping people off - just look at some of the recent TIV. It's just my logical opinion, but I think it's a waste to trade games to GS. With a little more effort they can be sold on ebay or Amazon for a lot more.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is not that great either. I mean some PS2 games only get 25 cents... seriously, I rather keep the game for the case than to receive 25 cents. Amazon is barely better than GameStop but not by much.

Ebay or half.com is the way to go.

[quote name='oasisboy']Amazon is not that great either. I mean some PS2 games only get 25 cents... seriously, I rather keep the game for the case than to receive 25 cents. Amazon is barely better than GameStop but not by much.

Ebay or half.com is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about ebay being the way to go...

Just sold something for 94.99 on there, and they racked up just under $10 in charges and then paypal joined in for 4-5$ also.

That was my first time selling on ebay since 2006, and prolly the last time I will be selling via ebay.

I think we can chill on the 'where to sell debate'. There are plenty of places to sell but its obvious people still shop there for a number of reasons which I'll point out just cause:

1a)Standards seem to be low for what qualifies as 'good condition' (That copy of Lego Batman that went through the wash and was then left in your wet trunk for 6 months needs to be played by someone other than you)
1b)No case, no manual? No problem!
2)Instant credit (compared to amazon or ebay)
3a)Enticing deals (not for CAGs but for the normal Joe who notices 50% bonus trade-in but wasn't aware the TIV has dropped significantly compared to before the deal)
3b)Bonus trade-in % toward a new release game you were planning to buy anyway is hard to say no to
4)Cheaper games without the wait (Tons of used stock and you can have that used copy of Ghostbusters today since Bestbuy's pre-owned section is smaller than your collection at home and Amazon Warehouse deals isn't always in-stock.)
5)May as well use that card you got free after signing up for that magazine or is it free magazines after buying that card?

I just want to add something though, how do so many people not have the original case? It's like WTF. The only logical solution I can come up with is that they bought the game used at gamestop then traded it in but then I end up in this 'chicken or the egg' loop and just start drinking heavily until I fall asleep.

When the hell are they going to have a new promo?!? Hopefully when they do it will be better then the 25-35 percent for DS2.

[quote name='musicjunkie']

I just want to add something though, how do so many people not have the original case? It's like WTF. The only logical solution I can come up with is that they bought the game used at gamestop then traded it in but then I end up in this 'chicken or the egg' loop and just start drinking heavily until I fall asleep.[/QUOTE]

Some - actually, by the looks at the shelves of Gamestop stores, LOTS - of people throw out their cases and store all of their discs in cd binders. Others just have their discs lying around without cases. A lot of people just care about the content and not what the product looks like.

This has probably been asked before and Im on my iphone so I wont look through all pages. Does the "trade a new game to get another for $25" offer work on preorders? I really want to preorder MvC3. I got too many games to play right now so I dont want to buy ME2 right away....

[quote name='chelosera91']This has probably been asked before and Im on my iphone so I wont look through all pages. Does the "trade a new game to get another for $25" offer work on preorders? I really want to preorder MvC3. I got too many games to play right now so I dont want to buy ME2 right away....[/QUOTE]

From the first post:
Originally Posted by GameStop.com
Get any of the biggest new releases for only $24.99 when trading any other one. The 8 titles included: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fable III, Gran Turismo 5, Halo Reach, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Star Was: The Force Unleashed 2.

Offer valid toward new version of pictured titles only. Final promotional price is net after trade. Limit 1 trade per new title purchased. Titles become ineligible if the new equivalent's Xbox 360 or PS3 retail drops below $59.99, or Wii retail drops below $49.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/27/10 - 02/06/11.

Base Values 1-20

PS3:
Dragon Age Origins $6
EA MMA $8

Xbox 360:
RDR Undead Nightmare $10
Singularity $8
Splinter Cell Conviction $3

From Today

:ps3:

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening - $8
Dragon Age Origins - $6
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $6

Grabbed the Ultimate Editions on EA Store today for $45 and after bonuses and PUR I got $32 for those. Basically means I got a bunch of DLC for $13 pretty awesome deal.

[quote name='rainking187']Bleh, when are they going to have another promo that doesn't require you to buy used games.[/QUOTE]
You can buy a $0.99 copy of Sneak King if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back