GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
fyi...after reading yesterday about the PS3 COD Black Ops drop in TIV...I made my way to BBuy today for a $30 trade in value ... only to come home and check Amazon (I know back asswords...) sigh... $33.50 today... would have much preferred Amazon but oh well...

consider the $33.50 lock in as Sears will be selling all platforms on sale for $39.99 ... then watch the TIV drop like a rock....

thou has the opportunity to be smarter than I...

I am sure all of these have been listed but here are Base TIV:

:360: Fable 3 22.00
:360: Halo Reach 17.00
:ps3: Rock Band Track Pack vol 2 1.00
:ps3: Castlevania 14.00
:ps3: Tiger Woods 2011 6.00

and of course

:ds: DSi Matte Blue 50.00

[quote name='Luxuria']^ I traded in an Xbox that couldn't read discs but didn't mention anything. Some might check to see if it does read disks, but more than often they won't check.

Edit: If they do happen to check, they take off some money as a refurbishing fee. Not sure how much it is though.[/QUOTE]
And this is why you don't buy consoles at GS. Guys like ^

Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time : 7
Super Smash Bros Brawl : 17

Reading thru the OP. The Edge Power card that you pay $15 is good for a year then you must renew it? How does that work?

[quote name='nas6034']
Reading thru the OP. The Edge Power card that you pay $15 is good for a year then you must renew it? How does that work?[/QUOTE]

Just tell a GS employee when you are in the store that you want to renew and you will be good.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Just tell a GS employee when you are in the store that you want to renew and you will be good.[/QUOTE]

So I don't have to pay $15 every year, right?

I mean the "10%" i save on used games at GS has made up the $15 but this is CAG afterall and that'll put $15 towards a new game.

[quote name='nas6034']So I don't have to pay $15 every year, right?

I mean the "10%" i save on used games at GS has made up the $15 but this is CAG afterall and that'll put $15 towards a new game.[/QUOTE]

It's $15 every year. I really need to go through and update that FAQ to reference the PowerUp Rewards Card.

Updated lists and database.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Envel']And this is why you don't buy consoles at GS. Guys like ^[/QUOTE]

As a former manager of a Gamestop I have to say, don't blame the customer. Every employee knows it's their job to test a system. Even if you are busy you tell the trade person to wait until the line is down, if they don't like it they can go elsewhere.

Fact is employees get lazy, it's their job to assume the customer is trying to screw them. Working at Gamestop is much like working in a pawn shop in that regard.

[quote name='biledriver']As a former manager of a Gamestop I have to say, don't blame the customer. Every employee knows it's their job to test a system. Even if you are busy you tell the trade person to wait until the line is down, if they don't like it they can go elsewhere.

Fact is employees get lazy, it's their job to assume the customer is trying to screw them. Working at Gamestop is much like working in a pawn shop in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Every once in awhile I'll run into employees that don't even open up the cases when I trade in games, they just scan the back!

1/30/11

:360:
Blood Stone 007 - $12
UFC 2010 - $5
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - $4
Bioshock 2 - $5
Dead to Rights Retribution - $7
Tropico 3 - $5
Stoked Big Air Edition - $3
Shaun White Skateboarding - $6
Splinter Cell Conviction - $3
SAW - $6
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands - $5
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - $1.50
Ghostbusters - $3
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $4
Overlord 2 - $3
Kane and Lynch 2 - $6
Singularity - $8
Iron Man 2 - $5

Question: If I were to trade in Halo Reach towards a $59.99 game, could I just not open it, and trade it for another new release that is $59.99 in a couple of weeks?

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Question: If I were to trade in Halo Reach towards a $59.99 game, could I just not open it, and trade it for another new release that is $59.99 in a couple of weeks?[/QUOTE]

No.

It's a business, not a swap meet.

Most GS stores wont even let you trade it in if it's sealed, it's a loss prevention issue. Most of them won't let you open it in store either, you'd have to come back another day.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Question: If I were to trade in Halo Reach towards a $59.99 game, could I just not open it, and trade it for another new release that is $59.99 in a couple of weeks?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think the guy above misunderstood your question. As long as you keep your receipt, you could do a return/exchange within 30 days if you don't open the new game.

I'll bet you could. Worth a shot.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']no new trade in promo to replace the 50%? or is that extended? no info on their site[/QUOTE]

The site usually lags behind, but it's rare that this thread does. Usually we get updates from JP's network of informants.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']no new trade in promo to replace the 50%? or is that extended? no info on their site[/QUOTE]
I have heard nothing about an extension so I would figure it's safe to say that it is over. Haven't been in a store to know for sure though. I would say we might get a new promo come next Monday.
[quote name='biledriver']The site usually lags behind, but it's rare that this thread does. Usually we get updates from JP's network of informants.[/QUOTE]
They've been relatively quiet lately. One or two have been quite active in getting me info but the larger group as a whole has been strangely quiet. I know I haven't been the quickest to respond lately either. Work's been a real bitch the past couple weeks so I've been on limited CAG mode. I should be able to get caught up on some things and clear out my PM box for once. Probably do that here in an hour or two.

NEW Base TIV:

PSP
Karate Kid (2010 movie): $1.25
Medal of Honor Heroes: $2.50
Obscure Aftermath: $1.50
Silent Hill Origins: $3.00
USB Cable: $1.00
Slim Component Cable: $1.75

Will the 3DS trade-in offer be extended? I don't want to have to trade my only DS Lite in, only to not be able to play Pokemon White until March 27th :/

Someone needs to update this thread. 50% trade is gone but power trade for Killzone 3 and other 25% goes until 2/6.

Can anyone confirm or offer his experience as to what the current trade-in value for Call of Duty: Black Ops is (PS3)? I heard from some news/deal sites that it's supposed to be at $40, but that sounds way too high.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Can anyone confirm or offer his experience as to what the current trade-in value for Call of Duty: Black Ops is (PS3)? I heard from some news/deal sites that it's supposed to be at $40, but that sounds way too high.[/QUOTE]

It's listed here as $18 unless it's part of some unadvertised promotion?

[quote name='sTaTIx']Can anyone confirm or offer his experience as to what the current trade-in value for Call of Duty: Black Ops is (PS3)? I heard from some news/deal sites that it's supposed to be at $40, but that sounds way too high.[/QUOTE]

At one point during the past trade-in promotion it did come out to be $40 if you used a Power Up card and took advantage of the extra 50% offer. It has dropped since then though.

Pretty sure the $40 is in Canada only. Oh, and if you really want the trade in value, you could just call any Gamestop.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Pretty sure the $40 is in Canada only. Oh, and if you really want the trade in value, you could just call any Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

CAG is always the best place to ask. As you could read in this thread Gamestop employees sometimes aren't even sure what promotions the company is running because the computer just does it for them.

Don't really know why people discourage others from asking questions here, it's what the thread is for.

[quote name='biledriver']CAG is always the best place to ask. As you could read in this thread Gamestop employees sometimes aren't even sure what promotions the company is running because the computer just does it for them.

Don't really know why people discourage others from asking questions here, it's what the thread is for.[/QUOTE]
That's true. But the information repeated in the forum comes from Gamestop.

Traded in some games today to renew my powerup card, and asked about trade in promotions starting tomorrow. They said there would be another 25% bonus towards certain games, including Pokemon Black/White, plus DS trade ins bonuses towards 3ds.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) $3
A Boy and his Blob (Wii) $5
Prince of Persia Fallen King (DS) $1

Did the pre-order bonus for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. And traded enough to get $80 in credit. Pre-paid for it all and enough to get Tekken: Dark Resurrections for PSP.

[quote name='biledriver']CAG is always the best place to ask. As you could read in this thread Gamestop employees sometimes aren't even sure what promotions the company is running because the computer just does it for them.

Don't really know why people discourage others from asking questions here, it's what the thread is for.[/QUOTE]

I'm not discouraging people from asking questions, as I did provide an answer to the best of my knowledge. I am just confused why more people don't just call the store instead of waiting for someone to respond on a forum. Honestly, when people answer questions, it's usually because they got the information straight from someone at Gamestop. And if you don't get a solid answer from the Gamestop employee over the phone, or if you just don't like the answer they gave you, call another one. If multiple people start telling you the same thing, then you should get the idea.

Does anyone know if gamestop will take in the Motorstorm:Not for Resale version that came with the old 80gb systems since it doesn't have a barcode to scan because I just found it and would like to get rid of it if I can

[quote name='boogie4114']Does anyone know if gamestop will take in the Motorstorm:Not for Resale version that came with the old 80gb systems since it doesn't have a barcode to scan because I just found it and would like to get rid of it if I can[/QUOTE]

Yes they will take it. The barcode doesn't matter, especially when you consider how many disc only games they take in.

Info I received today.[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Gamestop will be running a 50% Trade in bonus later this week for Powerup members. Don't have all the details yet on dates other than thru Sunday.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JP']Info I received today.[/QUOTE]

Oh good, got some games to dump off.

I didn't know which GS deal thread to post this in, and it seemed too insignificant for its own thread, but does anyone know whats up with this 15% off preowned coupon they're advertising? I saw it in the store window yesterday but forgot to ask about it, and then I saw it just a few minutes ago on the website. It says you'll get 15% off preowned games if you buy a DLC through them, but I also thought it said you had to register for some contest they're currently running to get it.

[quote name='Munny1212']Anyone know if they accept Street Fighter 4 fightpads for a trade-in?[/QUOTE]

Ymmv there's no sku for it but they could take it in as a wireless 360 controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back