GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']2/11/11 Base

:360:
Deadliest Catch:Alaskan Storm: $5.00
WWE Smcakdown! vs. RAW 2010: $7.00
Call of Duty World at War: $6.00
James Bond Quantum of Solace: $2.50
Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2: $1.50
FIFA Soccer 2009: $2.00
FIFA Soccer 2010: $6.00
60GB Hard Drive: $12.00
Composite Cable: $1.00

:wii:
Guitar Hero III: $1.00
Rock Band 2: $1.00
Rock Band: $3.00
AC/DC Track Pack: $1.00
Pool Party: $2.00

Total after 60%-$75.10[/QUOTE]

totally worth it

this could make for some entertainment. ever been in a gamestop and see people get all assy about the low amount of money they'd get in trade in? i saw some very fat 25 year old nerd with bad skin in there with his mom about 2 weeks ago, and he was offended that he was being offered something like $1.50 for Zapper for the GameCube. He kept saying "but it's such a great game!" before deciding not to trade in. He also mentioned that between that and the three other games he had with him (all of which were gamecube 2ksomething sports games) he thought he'd be able to pay off a new copy of black ops.

TIV 2/11/11

:ps3: Base value

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 18
Valkyria Chronicles 7
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction 5
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 16

Total after 73.60

Just traded these in today
Tales of Vesperia: 10
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: 5
Banjo-Kazzoie: Nuts and Bolts: 5

Went yesterday (2/11) but just got a chance to add here now. Already submitted to TIV database.

X360 - Fable III - $18 base - dropped $4 overnight
X360 - Backyard Sports Rookie Rush - $7 base

Hmmm God of War 3 is still at 10$? Thinking about getting rid of my extra copy from BBV rather than try to sell it I guess. Might all get rid of my Black Ops and rebuy it later.

Question: Does anyone else find it odd that at gamestop the CE version of games go in under the regular version?

while in gamestop yesterday I saw copies of Mafia 2 and RE 5 Gold both listed under the normal versions. I really wanted to pick up mafia 2 but had already beaten it. Just wondering if anyone else thought this was odd?

Base tivs:

:ps3:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2: 18
Gran Turismo 5: 20
Madden NFL 2011: 18
Fallout New Vegas: 12
inFAMOUS: 9
Castlevania Lords of Shadow: 16

wow im not one of those silly gamestop bashers but i have to say im surprised at how low some of the tiv is for certain games.

Yeah, how come you guys don't use craigslist for selling locally. selling lords of shadow for 16 credit, I'm sure you could have gotten at least 25 cash easy. but I guess the ease of having a gamestop to trade in allows them to have crazy low trade in values.

[quote name='Survivalism']He's not the employee that buys a busted DS.[/QUOTE]

When I traded in my XBOX (the original) during a promo where they game an extra $25 or something (got like $80 overall) I told them that it wasn't running all that well.

The game started up, that's all they tested. :roll:

Dead to Rights Retribution (360) - $8
Enslaved (Both Consoles) - $9
Resonance of Fate (360) - $10
Sin and Punishment (Wii) - $7

All values are before promo/PUR

All Base values:

Wii
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - $9

PS3
Castlevania - $17
Tekken 6 - $7
Enslaved - $12
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $7
Dante's Inferno - $5

DS
My Healthy Cooking Coach - $1
Cake Mania 3 - $5
Cooking Mama - $3

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Yeah, how come you guys don't use craigslist for selling locally. selling lords of shadow for 16 credit, I'm sure you could have gotten at least 25 cash easy. but I guess the ease of having a gamestop to trade in allows them to have crazy low trade in values.[/QUOTE]

with 60% bonus you get 25.6 for it..

Base TiVs from today (2/12):

:ps3: Dragon Age Origins - 7.00
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins - Awakening - 8.00
:360: Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - 5.00

All PS3 (Base):
Tekken 6: $7
Hellboy: $1.50

I'd like to take this opportunity to mention something unusual. Apparently, via the GS employee, their servers were down today, so I may or may not have gotten power-up points. But that's not what I want to discuss. What I want to mention is that, perhaps due to these events, I apparently received the 10% trade-in and used-purchase bonus, despite my edge\premium PUR membership having been expired since november. I even mentioned that my premium membership had expired when I handed the employee my card! I know when they initially scan the card the bonus first gets applied, then is usually removed sometime during the finalizing process. I am simply at a loss as to how to explain this...

[quote name='Drclaw411']this could make for some entertainment. ever been in a gamestop and see people get all assy about the low amount of money they'd get in trade in? i saw some very fat 25 year old nerd with bad skin in there with his mom about 2 weeks ago, and he was offended that he was being offered something like $1.50 for Zapper for the GameCube. He kept saying "but it's such a great game!" before deciding not to trade in. He also mentioned that between that and the three other games he had with him (all of which were gamecube 2ksomething sports games) he thought he'd be able to pay off a new copy of black ops.[/QUOTE]

Fat people tend to think differently then the rest of us. Especially those with bad skin.

[quote name='Lparsons7641']When I traded in my XBOX (the original) during a promo where they game an extra $25 or something (got like $80 overall) I told them that it wasn't running all that well.

The game started up, that's all they tested. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Me too, plus they bought a PS2 from me with a bad CD drive, but they turned it on without a game in it. They also took a 360 controller that had the home button glued in and the battery pack taped on with masking tape. The manager took it. I saw someone returning it the next time I went in, it's just madness what they sell there sometimes.

Also one time they gave me $30 for an empty Mario Strikers case.

[quote name='Survivalism']Me too, plus they bought a PS2 from me with a bad CD drive, but they turned it on without a game in it. They also took a 360 controller that had the home button glued in and the battery pack taped on with masking tape. The manager took it. I saw someone returning it the next time I went in, it's just madness what they sell there sometimes.

Also one time they gave me $30 for an empty Mario Strikers case.[/QUOTE]

Wow, where do you live? I never want to shop at a gamestop where you have ever lived by.

360:

Mass Effect 2 - 6 (-1)
Kinect Adventures - 1.5 (-.5)
Kinect sensor - 60

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

It's my fault someone couldn't be bothered to do their job properly? I tricked them into not caring?

[quote name='atc250es']NFS HP (360) $17 Base (NOT $25 as previously mentioned)[/QUOTE]

Disappointing, as I was planning on taking my copy in

[quote name='Luxuria']Man, for what some of you trade your games in for, I would pay you that and a bit more even. >_>[/QUOTE]

People come in here and say that but nothing ever comes of it. There was one guy who tried it in the trading forums, who would offer $2 over what GameStop would give. However, he never figured in the promo bump ups or shipping. It lasted I think 2 weeks and he never purchased a single game.

[quote name='merchie89']Question: Does anyone else find it odd that at gamestop the CE version of games go in under the regular version?[/QUOTE]

There are only a handful of CE/SE games that have separate trade-ins. They pretty much assume that all the special items and downloadable content have been redeemed or not included so all that is really left is the vanilla game. This can lead to some great finds though.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']Yeah, how come you guys don't use craigslist for selling locally. selling lords of shadow for 16 credit, I'm sure you could have gotten at least 25 cash easy. but I guess the ease of having a gamestop to trade in allows them to have crazy low trade in values.[/QUOTE]

You do know that is base value right? All values listed in this thread are base. With the 50% promo they got $24, and if they had PowerUp they got $25.60. Most people don't seem to take that into account when they say I would give a little extra or could get more from place X.

Also, I have personally given up on craigslist because all you get are people who are offering $15 for black Ops and want $300 for their 10 year old original xbox.

Working on updating thread/database right now. Kinda drunk so it will take longer than normal.

[quote name='JP']Working on updating thread/database right now. Kinda drunk so it will take longer than normal.[/QUOTE]

This is why this thread is so cool! nice job JP!

btw if anyone can tell em the TiV on these 2 games that would be great as they are not in the database:

:psp:
Iron Man 2
Naruto Shippuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising

[quote name='jimijumper']This is why this thread is so cool! nice job JP!

btw if anyone can tell em the TiV on these 2 games that would be great as they are not in the database:

Iron Man 2
Naruto Shippuden: Legends: Akatsuki Rising[/QUOTE]

Same here. These are 4.98 clearance at my local Target, about 10 copies of each. But I'm sure you actually played the games too right ;)

[quote name='Survivalism']

It's my fault someone couldn't be bothered to do their job properly? I tricked them into not caring?[/QUOTE]

It's not really your fault. But a decent human being would have fixed the error.

----

This promo is great. 50% extra credit is well worth not having to deal with ebay and cl. I almost missed it.

On reflection, this is pretty dumb for me to trade my DS Lite with a DSi back in September when Gamestop did that special trade offer, just as the 3DS thing has been announced for pre-order. Especially since for the moment I haven't download any DSiWare games.

To be fair, would it be too soon for me to get a 3DS at launch, when I just wait a while longer for better games, or an improved 3DS model that doesn't have the fucking glossy material (I like my systems matted).

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Same here. These are 4.98 clearance at my local Target, about 10 copies of each. But I'm sure you actually played the games too right ;)[/QUOTE]

i actually bought 2 copies of each game

1 of each game for a possible trade in to GS depending on the TiV. If its not worth it I will just return them or throw them up on my TL

Traded in 2/12

Borderlands - 6
Red Dead Redemption-9
Terminator Salvation - 6
Last Rebellion - 5
Killzone 2 - 7

Cod Black Ops - 25
Fable 3 - 18

I've been hearing that they are extending the 3DS trade in thing until the release of the 3DS, that way if you have a DSi, you can transfer over your purchases and trade it in.

[quote name='Vinnyg32']Traded in 2/12

Borderlands - 6
Red Dead Redemption-9
Terminator Salvation - 6
Last Rebellion - 5
Killzone 2 - 7

Cod Black Ops - 25
Fable 3 - 18[/QUOTE]

ouch didn't realize how low RDR trade in was.

I was curious about Base TIV on this one since it is on sale at TRU for only $20 so I got a phone quote today. Probably about the same for other systems.

2/13/2011
iconxbox360.gif

EA Sports Active 2.0 $10 (new to list)

[quote name='z24buddy']I was curious about Base TIV on this one since it is on sale at TRU for only $20 so I got a phone quote today. Probably about the same for other systems.

2/13/2011
iconxbox360.gif

EA Sports Active 2.0 $10 (new to list)[/QUOTE]

Does it have to include the extras? I'm thinking about picking up another one and selling the game only and having my wife use the accessories.

:ps2:
Time Splitters 2 $1.00

Iron Man 2 $5.00

BFBC2 $8.00
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $7.00
The Last Remnant $3.00
Star Ocean: TLH $4.00

Alpha Protocol $5.00
Borderlands $6.00
Brutal Legend $3.00
Dead Space $6.00
Fight Night Round 4 $5.00
Folklore $5.00
Valkyria Chronicles $7.00

:wii:
Muramasa The Demon Blade $5.00
Red Steel 2 $6.00
Spectrobes Origins $2.00

Traded these in yesterday.

Mirror's Edge $4.00
The Orange Box $10.00
TNA iMPACT! $2.00
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $7.00
Skate $3.00
Fight Night Round 4 $5.00
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $8
AV Cable $3

AV Cable $1

Total with promos and PowerUp card was $66.80. Not bad, not bad at all. I might go back sometime this week and trade in a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back