GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']Some advice needed: trade in Dragon Age: Origins now or wait until DA2 comes out and hope for a bump in interest = bump in trade in value?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is an option for you, but Bestbuy is offering $15 for DA:O (http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=dragon+age&pf=all). Also I don't think waiting it out would net more credit, it goes for $6 ($9 with the 50% bonus) right now, I'd say the chances of it getting higher than that are low.

[quote name='dansoccerball']phat ps2 base is 20$ so 45$ with promo damn good deal :D anyone know if at gamestop there has to be a warranty seal on it?[/QUOTE]

YMMV on warranty seals but the $20 price is outdated. I think the current TIV is around $10-12.

[quote name='freshzen']YMMV on warranty seals but the $20 price is outdated. I think the current TIV is around $10-12.[/QUOTE]

Curious.

When I spoke with an associate in-store yesterday, he said the original PS2 model tradein value was $20 (plus the additional $25).

Sucks if the price is actually $8-$10 lower.

Base TIV 2/25

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles (DS) - $3.00
National Treasure 2 (PSP - UMD Movie) - $0.80
Phantasy Star 0 (DS) - $5.00
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS2) - $0.75
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS2) - $2.00
Stranglehold (X360) - $0.50
DS Car Charger - $1.00
PS2 Phat - $20
Xbox 360 Controller Charge Cable - $2.50

[quote name='AJamal']I don't know if this is an option for you, but Bestbuy is offering $15 for DA:O (http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=dragon+age&pf=all). Also I don't think waiting it out would net more credit, it goes for $6 ($9 with the 50% bonus) right now, I'd say the chances of it getting higher than that are low.[/QUOTE]

Oh, good find. I've never traded to BB before. Thanks!

EDIT: Reading through the FAQs...if I just want to take it to a qualifying local BB, I can just walk in with the game right? I don't have to confirm it online? And the quote is the same for either in-store or mail-in trade?

[quote name='freshzen']They probably just had trouble keeping COD4 in stock at $10. I never see that game used any more.[/QUOTE]

I re-bought it last weekend for $8.99 :lol:. All the displays looked to be generic cased disc only but I just wanted it to play again since I have one sealed. They had 3 in stock I asked for the best disc and got what looked to be PRISTINE and untouched complete 1st edtion. It even had the Gamestop receipt inside the book from when it was first sold. Needless to say I was happy. I missed these old maps!

Ebay has Killzone 3 for $47 shipped. Going to call and see what the trade value is.... I only want a SOCOM beta code... Amazon gives $40 credit...

Edit: Killzone 3 $25 base credit ($40 with bonus & Powerup card) 2/25

[quote name='JP']Killzone 3 was listed as 30 via the TIV Database. That would be $48 via the promo with PUR.[/QUOTE]

I just called and was quoted $25 over the phone... He looked it up on the computer and then told me about the trade bonus bring it up to $40...
Not local at all but the GS site listed it when I clicked store finder. ;)
Game Stop 3741
(815) 284-4450
218 Keul Rd
Dixon, IL 61021

[quote name='poopmastr7']I assume the extra 25$ for the ds cant be used in conjunction with the DS-3DS trade in deals? or can it?[/QUOTE]

According to the gamestop employee I just called, it can't.

[quote name='$hady']I just called and was quoted $25 over the phone... He looked it up on the computer and then told me about the trade bonus bring it up to $40[/QUOTE]

I'll make the change in the database and the lists. Thanks for confirming. It's hard sometimes to know on new games if the $30 is correct or not. There are some that still get $30 at launch for the first week or two.

[quote name='Dranakin']Oh, good find. I've never traded to BB before. Thanks!

EDIT: Reading through the FAQs...if I just want to take it to a qualifying local BB, I can just walk in with the game right? I don't have to confirm it online? And the quote is the same for either in-store or mail-in trade?[/QUOTE]

Just head to customer service and they'll handle it and yeah the online values are what you get in-store.

I attempted to trade in a fat model PS2 and they didn't know anything about the $25 bonus. They only had a sign up for $25 on Wii/360/PS3. She didn't bother to scan my Power Up card or process the transaction though, just looked up the TIV on the system and denied any knowledge of a Power Up bonus.

I attempted to trade in a fat model PS2 and they didn't know anything about the $25 bonus.

the computer will handle it automatically even if they dont know about it. just make sure they scan your power up card though since the deal is for power up members only.

Base trade in values from today:

DS

Chrono Trigger $7

PS3

Madden 11 $18
Iron Man 2 $7
Lost Planet 2 $8

After 50% trade bonus, it was a total of $60. I picked up Bulletstorm PS3. I am happy :)

2/25
iconxbox360.gif

Naughty Bear $6
NBA 2K11 $12
Fallout: New Vegas $8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare $9

[quote name='hawkfan2311']Base trade in values from today:

DS

Chrono Trigger $7

PS3

Madden 11 $18
Iron Man 2 $7
Lost Planet 2 $8

After 50% trade bonus, it was a total of $60. I picked up Bulletstorm PS3. I am happy :)[/QUOTE]and you only had to trade in 2 good games to do it. :eek:

[quote name='Donut2922']2/25
iconxbox360.gif

Naughty Bear $6
NBA 2K11 $12
Fallout: New Vegas $8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare $9[/QUOTE]

Ok......thats pretty sad that Fallout: New Vegas has the same trade in value as Lost Planet 2. And Undead Nightmare is only $1 more

Took me 5 calls to GS before they finally answered. They said I'll get $50 for my Xbox 360 (20GB) plus the bonus $50, so $100 total.

Also: Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 (xbox 360) $18 after 50% trade in bonus.

The promo for ps2 only works after power ups is scanned.

Ps2 slim 25 base, plus 25 promo
Ps3 Dead rising 2 $15
360 assbro 20

Not bad since I bought the ps2 from gamestop 5 years ago for $75 and it's just sat in my trunk the last 3 years.

:wii:

Mario Kart Wii: $16 (down from $20 in the OP)

Ends up being about $25.XX after the 50% promo and PUR ... I did some other trades and returns today, and the one GS worker was awesome about exchanging my dinged-up version of Heavy Rain from GS.com because she actively offered "Oh, we have a real case and manual instead of that generic you have, do you want me to go find it?" A lot of people have beef with GameStop, but I've found most of the places in my area to be staffed with pretty nice people.

[quote name='mcdaking84']so we can combine the console trade in bonus with the 50% game bonus?[/QUOTE]
Technically you're not combining. The 50% applies only to games, so you can trade 3 consoles and 100 games and is no different than trading them on separate transactions.

What you can't combine is offers on the same thing you're trading. For example, you can't combine the $100 for a 3DS preorder with the $25 bonus for trading a DS, and demand $125 to preorder a 3DS. You either get the $25 bonus on the base value of a DSiXL, or get $100 flat by preordering a 3DS.

Or you can't combine the 50% offer in games with the 25% of preordering a specific game. Though this one sometimes depends on the employee/manager, since I've had occasions of a manager rising the base value of a game 25%, and then add the 50% and the 10%. (i.e. $1 value changed to $1.25, plus 50% goes up to $1.87, plus 10% ends at $1.99). But that's really rare and not expected, so you can't ask them to do it, because they'll just say the can't.

The 10% of the PowerUp can be combined with any other offer. Though the 10% is not given to consoles traded or (used ones) bought.

Just traded these games this morning, Feb 26th, at my local Crestview, FL Gamestop.
All games are for Nintendo DS.

:ds:
Hasbro Family Game Night - $6
Picross DS - $2
Yoshi's Island DS - $13
Tetris DS - $10
Brain Age 1: Train Your Brain In Minutes A Day - $2

:ds:
DS Lite System w/AC adapter & stylus - $25
DS Lite AC Adapter - $2
DS Rumble Pak - $0.35

i tried to trade in my wii for the extra 50 bucks in store credit but they only gave me 25, tried yesterday by the way

[quote name='chrollo']i tried to trade in my wii for the extra 50 bucks in store credit but they only gave me 25, tried yesterday by the way[/QUOTE]

How much did they give you for it? I'm wanna get rid of mines.

[quote name='chrollo']i tried to trade in my wii for the extra 50 bucks in store credit but they only gave me 25, tried yesterday by the way[/QUOTE]

They need to scan the power up pro card

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']How much did they give you for it? I'm wanna get rid of mines.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm wondering what the final price for the Wii is after that $50 bonus, $75?

[quote name='BiggNick']I wonder if I should wait for another tiered promo (2/$5, 4/$10, 6/$20) to trade in my stack, or if I should do it now? I obviously can't sell them locally, hitting a brick wall there.

JP, any news on an upcoming tiered promo? Thanks brother.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this too since I have a stack of games and it seems like I won't get much for them now according to the tracker. JP or anyone got word on the tiered promo coming back soon?

What is this $50 trade-in bonus on consoles I'm seeing on this page? The website only has a +$25 credit that I'm seeing, and no mention of any PUR bonus. I've got a spare 20gig 360, and $100 would cover Tactics Ogre and KZ3...or most of a Wii I suppose.

*edit*

I take that back, I usually ignore the GS emails I get but lo' and behold....there it is. +$50 for PRU members; fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back