GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ace!']thinking about taking in my ps2...but it has a network adapter attached...wonder if they will take it with the expansion bay cover missing?

Going to see tomorrow I guess.[/QUOTE]

They would not take my ps2 unless I had the expansion bay cover. They did say if I attached the network adapter that that would be acceptable as well.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I know this really isnt the place for it, but does anyone know what the TIV for an official Nintendo Gamecube Broadband adapter is? Found a sealed one in an old box o' stuff while cleaning.[/QUOTE]

No idea what the TIV is but for stuff like this its usually close to nothing if they'll even take it. But I think you should be able to get at least $50 (before fees) for a sealed one on ebay. Or someone here would probably like to buy it.

[quote name='manicstreet']They would not take my ps2 unless I had the expansion bay cover. They did say if I attached the network adapter that that would be acceptable as well.[/QUOTE]

Did they give extra for the adapter?

When I worked there we took them in with the adapters but did not give any extra for it.

Whenever you enter a trade-in it adds that item to the inventory when the transaction is finished. You have to sell the system with either a cover or the adapter. If you take in a system and a network adapter and sell the system you'd be left under 1 network adapter in your inventory ya dig

[quote name='Altanis']Is that the black, white, or red? And was it a motion plus console?

Cause $110 for it sounds really awesome (after the bonus).[/QUOTE]

It was white no motion plus, kinda suprised me when he said base was 60 when it is listed as 40 here from January.

Dang, that's pretty good then. You got what, $110 after the bonus for a console that they sell for $130?

It makes me wonder what the Black Motion Plus console I have is worth. I don't use it since I upgraded to a Red Wii.

From yesterday 3/2

Tetris DS - $10
Metroid Prime Hunters - $5
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $2.50
Brain Age - $2
NCAA Football 07 (360) - $0.10
Katamari Damacy - $3
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Wii) - $5
Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) - $1
GTA: San Andreas (PS2) - $6
NBA Street Vol. 3 (PS2) - $1.50
God of War - $1.50
PS2 8MB Memory Card Nyko brand - $1
PS2 Dual Shock Controller - $3.25
PS2 Slim System - $25
DS Phat - $20

Got an extra 50% on all games, plus 10% bonus for the PowerUp card. Also got the $25 extra on the PS2 and the DS. Seems odd they are giving $50 on a PS2 that they sell for $59.99 but worked out for me. This old bunch of junk netted me $160 towards a 3DS.

[quote name='sobjw']From yesterday 3/2

Tetris DS - $10
Metroid Prime Hunters - $5
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $2.50
Brain Age - $2
NCAA Football 07 (360) - $0.10
Katamari Damacy - $3
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Wii) - $5
Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) - $1
GTA: San Andreas (PS2) - $6
NBA Street Vol. 3 (PS2) - $1.50
God of War - $1.50
PS2 8MB Memory Card Nyko brand - $1
PS2 Dual Shock Controller - $3.25
PS2 Slim System - $25
DS Phat - $20

Got an extra 50% on all games, plus 10% bonus for the PowerUp card. Also got the $25 extra on the PS2 and the DS. Seems odd they are giving $50 on a PS2 that they sell for $59.99 but worked out for me. This old bunch of junk netted me $160 towards a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Hey so what do you need to have with the system to trade it in? I have one in my closet w/ a controller.

[quote name='smashingradioheads']Hey so what do you need to have with the system to trade it in? I have one in my closet w/ a controller.[/QUOTE]
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Listed in the 2nd post in the FAQ.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='Altanis']Dang, that's pretty good then. You got what, $110 after the bonus for a console that they sell for $130?

It makes me wonder what the Black Motion Plus console I have is worth. I don't use it since I upgraded to a Red Wii.[/QUOTE]

considering trading in my white wii since i have a black wii. i don't think gs cares about color or will offer you more for different colors.

i wouldn't consider it an upgrade, just change of color. unless you are talking about controllers.

[quote name='JP']Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2) *Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Listed in the 2nd post in the FAQ.

Updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I must have scrolled right past it.

[quote name='frpilot']considering trading in my white wii since i have a black wii. i don't think gs cares about color or will offer you more for different colors.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they do either, but it's interesting that the non-Motion Plus, older White Wii was worth $60, when I would swear last Thursday while I was in GS, someone called in and the value of a Motion Plus Black Wii system was only worth $40 (plus the $25 bonus then, for a total of $65).

i wouldn't consider it an upgrade, just change of color. unless you are talking about controllers.
It was an upgrade over the old one, trust me. Not just for the Motion Plus.

Which reminds me, how bad do things have to be to get hit with a refurb fee? I'm guessing that with games it's more likely if the disc is bad shape or there's no manual or case, but with consoles are they refurb fee happy in general or as long as you have everything and it plays, they pretty much don't care? My slim PS2 is just over 1.5 years old now, and there's some scratches on the glossy part of the system, but it works perfectly. Last thing I want is the employee to tell me there's a refurb fee for it.

Sorry for the noobish question. The last time I traded something in to GameStop was 2003 or 2004, when I was 12 or 13. I'll be 20 in 2 weeks :D

just got an email with a powerup trade in coupon- trade in old pokemon games towards black/white and get more for them.
diamond/pearl- $15
platinum- $20
heartgold/soulsilver- $25

offer good from today until 3/13, must have coupon to do promo.

[quote name='blitztwn36']My ol' 360 booted up like a champ one last time for me and entertained the GS employee with a little halo reach. Full credit for it.

$50 - 360 w/ wireless controller
$6 - 20gb HD
$5 - headset

$111 total with $50 bonus. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Hey, did the 360 console TIV actually go up? I could have sworn it was $45 w/ wireless controller earlier; I'm considering trading in my old 360 phat with a wired controller (now listed as $35, would be $85 with the extra promo), and I remember there only being a $10 difference between the two.

[quote name='aem']No idea what the TIV is but for stuff like this its usually close to nothing if they'll even take it. But I think you should be able to get at least $50 (before fees) for a sealed one on ebay. Or someone here would probably like to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Will they take a Wii that has the top part gone/lost (the piece that covers up where you would plug gamecube controllers into)?[/QUOTE]

No. You might get lucky and find a store that does, but they aren't supposed to.

[quote name='y2jasper']just got an email with a powerup trade in coupon- trade in old pokemon games towards black/white and get more for them.
diamond/pearl- $15
platinum- $20
heartgold/soulsilver- $25

offer good from today until 3/13, must have coupon to do promo.[/QUOTE]

tempted to dump one of my pearl verisons off to pick up white for 20.

:) got 3 bootleg platinum games should dump them to gamestop
JOKING .... though i do have 3 bootlegs i got off ebay

Can anyone confirm that I could get $110 credit w/PowerUp for a used Wii? I called 3 local stores and all said $85 was the maximum.

EDIT: Nevermind, the GS website says $25 trade bonus only.

I'm trying to get the most out of this deal and I'm trying to flip 3 madden nfl 11s I got. Is there a way to trade them all in at gamestop without any trouble.
(I already tried giving them all at once, didn't work out too well.)

[quote name='dustdust']Can anyone confirm that I could get $110 credit w/PowerUp for a used Wii? I called 3 local stores and all said $85 was the maximum.

EDIT: Nevermind, the GS website says $25 trade bonus only.[/QUOTE]

Yeh big dawg the $50 bonus is for Powerup Rewards members so it's not advertised just sent out in email

[quote name='dkfugate']Yeh big dawg the $50 bonus is for Powerup Rewards members so it's not advertised just sent out in email[/QUOTE]
I'll just go in to one of the stores tomorrow and see for myself. GS has a history of hiring incompetent employees.

Base TIV for 3/3
wwe smackdown vs raw 11: $12
borderlands: $5.50
call of duty BO: $24
bulletstorm: $20
red dead redemption: $11
fallout 3 goty: $8

gah i hate trading in games but ive beaten them and online wasnt that impressive imo

:360:
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 25.00

:psp:
PSP-1000 System - 25.00
Burnout: Legends - 2.50
1GB Memory Stick - 2.00

Had to get some money towards that 3DS pre-order. :)

[quote name='dustdust']I'll just go in to one of the stores tomorrow and see for myself. GS has a history of hiring incompetent employees.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it. I traded in a basic white wii today with power up and got $110. (this was in port charlotte, FL) With an extra controller, and 3 games my total after all bonuses was 169.50. Considering I bought this wii bundle last weekend at a yardsale for $75, I was very pleased with this flip. Plus it came with one other game that I kept for myself! :D

[quote name='JediKiller24']I can confirm it. I traded in a basic white wii today with power up and got $110. (this was in port charlotte, FL) With an extra controller, and 3 games my total after all bonuses was 169.50. Considering I bought this wii bundle last weekend at a yardsale for $75, I was very pleased with this flip. Plus it came with one other game that I kept for myself! :D[/QUOTE]
ok cool, thanks for confirming

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Anxbox 360 core system should also get $110 with powerip rewards, correct? I need to upgrade to a slim[/QUOTE]

Nah should be $100 (50 base + 50 promo). I'm trading one in today so I'll find out for sure

I just dropped off my PS2 slim for $51 (extra buck for the memory card). I was missing a controller, but the guys at my store were cool and let me trade in any controller with it (didn't have to be a DualShock), so I went next door to a Five Below (it's sort of a dollar store with a $5 max) and bought a shitty NFL PS2 controller to trade in with the system. :)

:ps2: Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - $1.00
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - $2.00
:ps2: Jak 3 - $2.00
:ps2: 8mb Memory Card - $1.00
PS2 System [Slim] - $25.00 base value ($50 total after promo)
Xbox360 System w/ Wireless Controller - $50.00 base value ($100 total after promo)

Also the refurbishment charge on PS2 System [Slim] is now only $8.00.

Everything came up to $150.35 after rewards, promo, and the refurb for the PS2 and one of my discs.

Good news for anyone who has a defective slim system as you can now get $42.00 for something you usually can't get rid of.

[quote name='dkfugate']3.05.2011
:ps2: Fire Pro Wrestling Returns - $1.00
:ps2: Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - $2.00
:ps2: Jak 3 - $2.00
:ps2: 8mb Memory Card - $1.00
PS2 System [Slim] - $25.00 base value ($50 total after promo)
Xbox360 System w/ Wireless Controller - $50.00 base value ($100 total after promo)

Also the refurbishment charge on PS2 System [Slim] is now only $8.00.

Everything came up to $150.35 after rewards, promo, and the refurb for the PS2 and one of my discs.

Good news for anyone who has a defective slim system as you can now get $42.00 for something you usually can't get rid of.[/QUOTE]

Damn - I would have bought Jak 3 and the memory card from you.

[quote name='bgame2']:ps2: Ico - 7 (11.20 bonus and PUR)

Edit: From 3/3/2011[/QUOTE]

you could have sod it for at least $15 game only!

so it seems with the 50% bonus, the most you can get for a "good" recent game is a bit under $40?

so it seems with the 50% bonus, the most you can get for a "good" recent game is a bit under $40?
Yeah, but its not much different anywhere else... that's roughly how much you'd get if you sold the game on ebay for $53 (since you gotta subtract shipping and fees), and I don't think craigslist would fare much better

3/4
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops - $24
iconwii.gif

Donkey Kong Country Returns - $22

[quote name='Trance Addix']Damn - I would have bought Jak 3 and the memory card from you.[/QUOTE]

Nah the Jak 3 was all tore up and wrote on. No manual and ripped up art. It played fine but looked like **** ya feel me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back