GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Will anyone be willing to tell me how much I'd get for a DS in trade for a 3DS?

BUT, it has this weird lower screen issue. Everything works except there is a strong yellow tint that makes it half/75% unseeable. Will they still take it?

I have never liked the GameStop near my parents' house. Till about 20 minutes ago. I take in my back Wii, that has fallen from my TV stand to my tile floor twice since August. I fully expected $85 for it ($60 + $50 bonus - $25 refurb fee). I get there, give the guy everything- except the wired sensor bar that I apparently left in a box at home. Luckily, I had some cheap ass Chinese wireless sensor bar that I bought for like $2 off eBay, which they accepted instead. The Wii gave the guy no problems until he tried to eject the game and turn it off. I thought he'd reject the trade-in or something since it took like 5 tries to eject the disc. Nope.

So suffice it to say, I got the $110 value, for a Wii that's pretty scratched up and resets anytime you bump it or the surface it's on, that had a cheapass Chinese knockoff Wireless sensor bar that doesn't work half the time, and the old non-Motion Plus remote and a nunchuk.

Base Values:
Black Wii $60
Wii Motion Plus $4
Wii Speed Racer $2.50 :)rofl: Paid my brother $2 yesterday for it cause GameStop wouldn't take it for some reason).

Total trade-in value was $117.75 (no PUR Pro card).

Oh, and an update to the OP:
I don't know if this is YMMV or whether it was supposed to work like this, but I wasn't charged sales tax on my purchase that was fully in credit (state of FL here). I don't know if that's how it's now done, but that contradicts the OP. It might be because I bought stuff on the same transaction as the trade-in or what, but I wasn't hit with the $4 in sales tax that I was supposed to get hit with.

[quote name='Altanis']I have never liked the GameStop near my parents' house. Till about 20 minutes ago. I take in my back Wii, that has fallen from my TV stand to my tile floor twice since August. I fully expected $85 for it ($60 + $50 bonus - $25 refurb fee). I get there, give the guy everything- except the wired sensor bar that I apparently left in a box at home. Luckily, I had some cheap ass Chinese wireless sensor bar that I bought for like $2 off eBay, which they accepted instead. The Wii gave the guy no problems until he tried to eject the game and turn it off. I thought he'd reject the trade-in or something since it took like 5 tries to eject the disc. Nope.

So suffice it to say, I got the $110 value, for a Wii that's pretty scratched up and resets anytime you bump it or the surface it's on, that had a cheapass Chinese knockoff Wireless sensor bar that doesn't work half the time, and the old non-Motion Plus remote and a nunchuk.

Base Values:
Black Wii $60
Wii Motion Plus $4
Wii Speed Racer $2.50 :)rofl: Paid my brother $2 yesterday for it cause GameStop wouldn't take it for some reason).

Total trade-in value was $117.75 (no PUR Pro card).

Oh, and an update to the OP:
I don't know if this is YMMV or whether it was supposed to work like this, but I wasn't charged sales tax on my purchase that was fully in credit (state of FL here). I don't know if that's how it's now done, but that contradicts the OP. It might be because I bought stuff on the same transaction as the trade-in or what, but I wasn't hit with the $4 in sales tax that I was supposed to get hit with.[/QUOTE]

Which Gamestop is this, I need to make sure to go to that one if there's no tax on credit. Also you seemed to have got it lucky, I got rejected multiple times for game trade ins multiple times because they were extremely anal about the scratches on them.

Base TIV from 3/4/11:

iconxbox360.gif

Supreme Commander 2 $4

iconwii.gif

Super Mario Galaxy 2 $20

iconps3.gif

MLB 09: The Show $0.50

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Which Gamestop is this, I need to make sure to go to that one if there's no tax on credit. Also you seemed to have got it lucky, I got rejected multiple times for game trade ins multiple times because they were extremely anal about the scratches on them.[/QUOTE]
You'll have to drive about 5 hours from Tally to get to this one. It's the one in Zephyrhills, FL (Pasco County).

I was surprised too about the trade-ins getting accepted. I figured I'd get docked a refurb fee at least.

But my receipt reads like this:
Wii Trade in: $110
Speed Racer: $3.75
Motion Plus: $4
Total: $117.75

Maro Kart DS: $34.99
Wii Nunchuk: $19.99
Total: $54.98

Credit leftover: $62.77 (or whatever the total was.. I can't do math right now :lol:)

I searched the thread, but didn't see the answer. I know the hardware deal ends tomorrow, but does that mean that we can still get the deal tomorrow, or it ends after tonight?

I'm sure this has been mentioned a bunch of times, but how exactly does the Powerup Rewards thing work? I'm looking to trade in my PSP and get the extra $25 dollar credit.

[quote name='Coper3000']I'm sure this has been mentioned a bunch of times, but how exactly does the Powerup Rewards thing work? I'm looking to trade in my PSP and get the extra $25 dollar credit.[/QUOTE]

You sir are SOL. PUR or not the PSP is the only system with no deal right now. Consoles get the $25 bump and trading in any DS toward a 3DS also earns a bump.

BTW traded in this stuff today

:ps3:
EyePet - 12

:ds:
Sims 3 - 9 (I think this one is new to the database)
GTA: Chinatown Wars - 6

After 60% bump got 43.20 paid off my Pokemon and even had $6 bucks left not bad for a couple games my wife "played" (GTA was a swap for me bought the PSN version for $10 last week.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Any word on any new promos coming up? Or maybe (hopefully) the 50% bonus being extended?[/QUOTE]

i think the 50% was already extended once. i can't imagine it be extended again, it's been going on for almost a month.

Base TIVs from 3/5 -

PS3 :

Hannah Montana : The Movie - $2.50
Iron Man - $3.00
Lego Batman - $7.00
NASCAR 2009 - $9.00
Sonic Unleashed - $7.00

360 :

Beautiful Katamari - $8.00
Don King Presents Prize Fighter - $0.75
Fable 2 Platinum Hits - $6.00
Left 4 Dead 2 - $8.00
Rainbow Six Vegas - $1.00
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics - $4.00
Wheelman - $7.00

Entered all into database also.

If I were to trade in a game towards pokemon black or white would I get the 50% trade in bonus plus the 25% (for games traded towards pokemon) making 75% or would I only get one of the offers.

nevermind: gamestop employee confirmed to me that only the 50% would work (why would they advertise the 25 anyways then?)

Just wanted to drop by & say thanks to the OP for the heads up, went in today & was able to get the extra $25.00 on my PSP trade. got $75.00 total towards my 3DS pre-order. Sweet!

[quote name='bilbobagins3'] Consoles get the $25 bump and trading in any DS toward a 3DS also earns a bump.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was said earlier that you could not stack the $25 console bump with the 3DS trade-in deal. You could only get one or the other.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Any word on any new promos coming up? Or maybe (hopefully) the 50% bonus being extended?[/QUOTE]

It would be sweet if the tiered promo came back.

Hey can anyone tell me how to get a coupon image to show up on these forums? I have a trade-in coupon that I got in an email from GS that I think you guys would be interested in. It looks like a generic code that can be used by anyone that will help for those looking to still get 50% trade bonus until 3/13.

base tiv 3/5/11

marvel vs capcom 3 - 25

wii
mario kart - 20
super smash bros. brawl - 18

wii system w/WII REMOTE PLUS - 120 (this includes the $50 promo, receipt didn't show base tiv)

For those looking to get 50% trade bonus after tomorrow (3/6) I have something for you. If you use the website's "Pickup@Store" feature to have a new or used game held for you at a local store, you may get the following coupon at the bottom of your confirmation email. I am assuming they are sending this to everyone that places a "Pickup@Store" order but if it doesn't show up in your confirmation email just copy/print it from here before picking up your game. Also, you don't need to actually print the confirmation email (like they tell you to), since there is nothing for them to scan and you can just tell them you have a confirmed order.

DigPromoCoupon.jpg

All base tiv 3/5/11

Wii system $60
gamecube memory card $5
Wiimote $7
classic controller $5.50
nunchuck $5
super mario allstars $17
animal crossing city folk $9
New super mario bros wii $20
epic yarn $18
Gamecube-donkey kong jungle beat $.75

Got rid of the wii which never sees any use and after bonuses and such netted $251 which I used to preorder an aqua 3ds for my wife.

Base from today:
:360:
Fable III: $16
:psp:
SOCOM Fireteam Bravo $1.5
:gc:
Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone $1.50
Super Mario sunshine $4
:wii:
Cabela's Trophy Bucks $5.00
:ps2:
Midnight Club 2 $1.5
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008 $2
Mortal Kombat Armageddon $2
ATV Offroad Fury $.76
Mortal Kombat Deception $2
Rapala's Pro Fishing $1
MX vs. ATV Untamed $1.5
Cabela's African Safari $2
Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition $2.5
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks $1.5
PS2 System (slim silver) $25

Traded :ps3:LittleBigPlanet in today. $7 base still; got $11.20 with Powerup/promo

Was going to trade Red Dead Redemption in too, but went with Amazon instead. Got $23.25 on Amazon as opposed to $9 total at gamestop

[quote name='bilbobagins3']You sir are SOL. PUR or not the PSP is the only system with no deal right now.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I traded in my PSP-2000 for $40+$25 PUR bonus the other day. :applause:

Even the OP says "Or score an extra $25 in-store credit on any DS™, PSP™ or PS2™ system traded - a PowerUp Rewards exclusive!"

Question: My friend wants to trade in some games tomorrow for Pokemon but doesn't have a power rewards card. Is it possible for him to use my account by me giving him my card number or name?

[quote name='DypaehC']Lol, I traded in my PSP-2000 for $40+$25 PUR bonus the other day. :applause:

Even the OP says "Or score an extra $25 in-store credit on any DS™, PSP™ or PS2™ system traded - a PowerUp Rewards exclusive!"[/QUOTE]

The GameStop where I traded in my PS2 also didn't think the bonus applied to PS2 systems -- apparently the paperwork they got only says 360, PS3, Wii and DS. When they scanned my PUR card and the system, then the bonus showed up automatically. So if anyone gives you guff, just have them scan in the PSP or PS2 and the PUR card themselves.

Information passed to me:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Just a heads up. Gamestop is going to cease taking in GBA/GBA SP systems and GBA games on April 3. There is a video that plays on Gamestop TV and a notice has been sent to all of the stores.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee 2']TRADE 3 GET 10% EXTRA, TRADE 5 GET 20% EXTRA, TRADE 7 GET 30% EXTRA.

GAMEBOY ADVANCE SYSTEMS AND GAMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR TRADE ANYMORE AFTER APRIL 3RD.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Luxuria']Question: My friend wants to trade in some games tomorrow for Pokemon but doesn't have a power rewards card. Is it possible for him to use my account by me giving him my card number or name?[/QUOTE]

Ive used my friends card a couple times instore and online. Each time tho it was instore I believe he was with me, but it should be alright.

Thats a pretty pathetic tier tradein BTW.

Jeez, is it just me, or does it seem like gamestop bumped the tiers WAAAY up this time around.

Gonna miss this 50% deal ;(, Gamestop's prices should always be this good.

Indeed. They'd have far more loyal customers, at the same time though they are a business and that comes first.

Oh and I got 60+50=110 for the red Wii. Without the games and 15 bucks for a black motion plus control.

Good thing I was able to take advantage of this, I preordered and fully paid my 3DS and have enough for quite a few games thanks to this.

Quick question, the $50 hardware bonus that expires today, it says *Power Up Rewards Members Only* am I right to assume that means the paid membership and not the free membership?

I let it expire a few months back, just wondering if it's worth the 30min drive to GS to trade in my 360 for the extra $50 today.

Nope, I don't have the Pro card, and it worked for me.

Actually, after the great experience yesterday I was debating upgrading. But damn, I just can't do it.

[quote name='z24buddy']For those looking to get 50% trade bonus after tomorrow (3/6) I have something for you. If you use the website's "Pickup@Store" feature to have a new or used game held for you at a local store, you may get the following coupon at the bottom of your confirmation email. I am assuming they are sending this to everyone that places a "Pickup@Store" order but if it doesn't show up in your confirmation email just copy/print it from here before picking up your game. Also, you don't need to actually print the confirmation email (like they tell you to), since there is nothing for them to scan and you can just tell them you have a confirmed order.

DigPromoCoupon.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

I went to my local gamestop this morning to dump some stuff and put it towards MLB 11:The Show and Yakuza 4 but the guy couldn't do it until 1pm because "he wasn't covered". Whatever that means... In any case I have to go to work now but this looks to be a great solution if it means I can dump all the games with this coupon if I use the pick up option for MLB 11: The Show.

This is a universal coupon for all to use and I should be able to bring in more than one to take advantage right? ..I hope so anyways. lol

[quote name='raystorm']Thanks for the heads up.

I went to my local gamestop this morning to dump some stuff and put it towards MLB 11:The Show and Yakuza 4 but the guy couldn't do it until 1pm because "he wasn't covered". Whatever that means... In any case I have to go to work now but this looks to be a great solution if it means I can dump all the games with this coupon if I use the pick up option for MLB 11: The Show.

This is a universal coupon for all to use and I should be able to bring in more than one to take advantage right? ..I hope so anyways. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like one of their generic coupons that they used to send in the weekly newsletters so I figured it will work for everyone. As for working on multiple games being traded towards the same "pickup@store" game someone will have to use this during the week and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back