GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigant262']What do I need to trade in a PSP? Do I need a memory stick, AC adapter or just AC Adapter?[/QUOTE]

Just the system and AC adapter. They may give you additional credit for a memory stick depending on the size.

[quote name='aem']Just the system and AC adapter. They may give you additional credit for a memory stick depending on the size.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so I'd get about $125 for trading in a PSP and PS2?

[quote name='bigant262']Thanks, so I'd get about $125 for trading in a PSP and PS2?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that you are talking about PSP 1000 and 2000 models. If so you'd probably get $125 in store credit for them. However some GameStops may not like you trading in 2 PSPs at once ance might only take one of them. You might have to go to another GameStop to get them both traded in. I don't know if it makes a difference that they aren't the same model.

I tried to trade in 2 phat PS2 systems during this promo and the GameStop acted like they weren't supposed to take multiples but they didn't really care. So the store I was at took them but another store might not.

This does end today and GameStops close early on Sundays so you are running out of time if you haven't left already. Just to clarify you will need to pay to become a power up rewards member to get then $25 bonus credit for each PSP.

From today, 3/6:

:psp:
PSP 1000 $25

:wii:
Red Steel $2
Tiger Woods 07 $2

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed $5
All-Pro Football 2K8 $0.50

:gc:
Tony Hawk 3 $0.25
Tony Hawk 4 $0.50
Madden 2004 $0.25
Splinter Cell $0.75

:360:
Lost: Via Domus $2

:ds:
Sprung $0.25
Ridge Racer $2.50
Tiger Woods 2005 $0.50

[quote name='nietzsche74']So JP, what's the next trade-in deal?[/QUOTE]
He posted a few replies ago, though not officially confirmed:
[quote name='JP']Information passed to me:
Anonymous GameStop Employee
Just a heads up. Gamestop is going to cease taking in GBA/GBA SP systems and GBA games on April 3. There is a video that plays on Gamestop TV and a notice has been sent to all of the stores.
Anonymous GameStop Employee 2
TRADE 3 GET 10% EXTRA, TRADE 5 GET 20% EXTRA, TRADE 7 GET 30% EXTRA.

GAMEBOY ADVANCE SYSTEMS AND GAMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR TRADE ANYMORE AFTER APRIL 3RD
[/QUOTE]

3/6

Halo: Reach - $16.00
Grand Theft Auto IV - $6.00

:wii:

Wii Sports 4.00
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $14.00
Game Party - $5.00
The Simpsons Game - $7.00
Guitar Hero World Tour - $2.50
Mario Kart Wii - $20.00
Ghostbusters: The Video Game - $4.00
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - $2.50
Super Mario Galaxy - $14.00
Wiimote - $6.00

:gc:

Sega Soccer Slam - $0.50
Metroid Prime - $0.50
True Crime: Streets of LA - $0.75
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $1.50
Stars Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron - $0.25
Wave Race Blue Storm - $0.50
SSX 3 - $1.00
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - $0.25
Viewtiful Joe - $0.25

3/6 base values

Wii :

Happy Feet - $3.00
MX vs ATV Untamed - $7.00
Rayman Ravings Rabbids TV Party - $6.00

360 :

Cars - $5.00
Forza 3/Halo 3 ODST - $10.00
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - $7.00
Spongebob : Truth or Square - $6.00

Updated database also

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twinton']3/6 base values

Wii :

Happy Feet - $3.00
MX vs ATV Untamed - $7.00
Rayman Ravings Rabbids TV Party - $6.00

360 :

Cars - $5.00
Forza 3/Halo 3 ODST - $10.00
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - $7.00
Spongebob : Truth or Square - $6.00

Updated database also[/QUOTE]

Do you still make more trading in Forza 3 and Halo ODST separate? I know it was like that a while back when I traded the group in.

[quote name='Scottv007']Are they extending the 50% trade-in bonus? The 50% icon is still on the TIV page on Gamestop's site.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's a west coast website, know they usually don't update until at least mid-day EST.

I guess in the thread somewhere it was stated when it would end, but I never saw anything either in store or online on their site. Guess it was supposed to end today? If so that'll piss me off I was going to trade in Bulletstorm (awesome game just not much else to do after you beat it and played all the echoes a few times). Hopefully they'll do an extra 25% towards DA II then if the 50% ended.

edit: nevermind I see it at the very bottom of the page it takes you to...pretty dumb they show all those games and no TiV's or anything. The end date should be in the banner not hidden at the bottom.

[quote name='JKSonic']Do you still make more trading in Forza 3 and Halo ODST separate? I know it was like that a while back when I traded the group in.
[/QUOTE]

In the database, the separate values are Forza 3 $8 & Halo ODST $3. If those are current it would have been $1.60 more after the bonus. For such a small amount, I didn't bother breaking it up. Besides those individual values may be outdated anyway.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $9.00
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare - $9.00

PS. This was in Las Vegas and the 50% trade in offer no longer came up even though it's on the website still.

I did see an ad today outside of the local Gamestop in Louisville, KY, that was offering 25% extra TIV on any games towards the pre-order or purchase of Mortal Kombat (2011). I don't know any other details than that.

They finally took down the 50% banner/page, but didn't change anything else. The "power trade deal" is still the one for Bulletstorm and stuff that ended yesterday. I really hope since they took of 50% they ad 25% towards DA II...if not guess Bullestorm trade in is going to Amazon.

Anybody know if there's any 25% power trade's going on for DA II? It's still not updated from the ones that expired yesterday....it's a pretty big release so it's hard to believe there's no power trade for it.

[quote name='JKSonic']So SAVER definitely no longer works, right?[/QUOTE]

VSHIP is the new free shipping code. Only valid until 3/31 for now, though.

Love how it says "additional handling fees may apply to larger items" and then even if I just put ONE game in there it still charges a handling fee. Even with free shipping, between tax and handling the CAG15 + Edge is almost halved.

Or wait, is VSHIP not stackable with CAG16? They were both on there but when I got to checkout it said that the coupon code won't work and took off free shipping.

I'm hoping that a 25% trade bonus will pop up when WWE All Stars comes out. As much as i'd rather buy it somewhere else, getting the Million Dollar Man is too good to pass up.

Gamestop has updated their website. The Tiered trade is now in effect (3 - 10%, 5 - 20%, 7+ - 30%.)

And the power trade games are Dragon Age 2, Mortal Kombat, Pokemon Black/White

[quote name='jdhamm85']Gamestop has updated their website. The Tiered trade is now in effect (3 - 10%, 5 - 20%, 7+ - 30%.)

And the power trade games are Dragon Age 2, Mortal Kombat, Pokemon Black/White[/QUOTE]

meh. not like I even have 7 games i want to get rid of, and even if i did, 30% just doesn't beat 50%... so looks like im gonna have to find other ways to sell for awhile

[quote name='Fatbot3']Does the 50% on Pick Up at Store allow more than one game to be traded with the bonus value?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well because I would love to pick up mlb the show on the cheap.

[quote name='nietzsche74']?[/QUOTE]

I guess I should have been more specific just for you...

"I'd like to know this as well because I would love to pick up mlb the show on the cheap by trading multiple games in with a 50% boost."

[quote name='Droogs']I guess I should have been more specific just for you...

"I'd like to know this as well because I would love to pick up mlb the show on the cheap by trading multiple games in with a 50% boost."[/QUOTE]
?

[quote name='DGibFen']I did see an ad today outside of the local Gamestop in Louisville, KY, that was offering 25% extra TIV on any games towards the pre-order or purchase of Mortal Kombat (2011). I don't know any other details than that.[/QUOTE]

You're right across the Ohio River from me (I live in New Albany, IN). *waves*

Gamestop.com says that there's free shipping when you buy two or more items, but it's not applying itself when I try to checkout with two used Gamecube games. Wonder what's up.

TIV from 3/9

Fallout 3 (PS3)- $4.20
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)- $3.50
Smackdown VS Raw 2010 (PSP)- $7.00
Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP)- $3.50
Team America: World Police (PSP UMD)- $0.98
Viva La Bam VOL 1 (PSP UMD)- $0.84
Family Guy: Freakin Sweet (PSP UMD)- $0.56
PSP Memory Stick Duo 2GB- $4.40

[quote name='Coper3000']TIV from 3/9

Fallout 3 (PS3)- $4.20
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)- $3.50
Smackdown VS Raw 2010 (PSP)- $7.00
Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP)- $3.50
Team America: World Police (PSP UMD)- $0.98
Viva La Bam VOL 1 (PSP UMD)- $0.84
Family Guy: Freakin Sweet (PSP UMD)- $0.56
PSP Memory Stick Duo 2GB- $4.40[/QUOTE]

Please try to post base values:

Powerup Pro bonus is still listed seperately on receipt so if you have that (which I can tell you do) just multiply powerup bonus by 10.

Base TIV (to save JP some work)

Fallout 3 (PS3)- $3.00
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)- $2.50
Smackdown VS Raw 2010 (PSP)- $5.00
Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP)- $2.50
Team America: World Police (PSP UMD)- $0.70
Viva La Bam VOL 1 (PSP UMD)- $0.60
Family Guy: Freakin Sweet (PSP UMD)- $0.40
PSP Memory Stick Duo 2GB- $4.00

for that "pickup at store" coupon, can I trade in more than 1 game under the coupon or is it just 1 game per coupon?

I barely missed the extra 50% bonus trade-in and would like to trade in a bunch of games under 1 coupon. If it's just 1 game, I suppose i could just trade in black ops :whistle2:/

[quote name='kurrptsenate']for that "pickup at store" coupon, can I trade in more than 1 game under the coupon or is it just 1 game per coupon?

I barely missed the extra 50% bonus trade-in and would like to trade in a bunch of games under 1 coupon. If it's just 1 game, I suppose i could just trade in black ops :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sadboy']?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Traded (PS3, base):

Mass effect 2: $20
Yakuza 3: $11
Dead to Rights retribution: $10

[quote name='nietzsche74']Yes.

Traded (PS3, base):

Mass effect 2: $20
Yakuza 3: $11
Dead to Rights retribution: $10[/QUOTE]

I assume you traded all 3 games in under 1 coupon then? Very nice :bouncy:

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I assume you traded all 3 games in under 1 coupon then? Very nice :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

$65.60 (50%+10%) total.:bouncy:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']they need to bring that 50 percent bonus and $50 hardware tiv bonus back[/QUOTE]

So I guess I should wait then unless the Wii System TIV will devalue and won't make a difference.

I got a Wii that's been collecting dust since it was handed down to me by my brother.

Anyone have a copy of that email where you can get $25 if you trade in Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver? I'm a Powerup member and haven't gotten the email. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back