GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm gonna be returning the mint/complete copy of Fallout 3 I picked up during the Power Saver sale while it's still during the 7 day return period since I finally got around to trying it out last night and now I remember why I hated the frickin' game the last time I had it.

If you try playing it like a shooter, you get shot to pieces while trying to kill enemies. The no voiceover for your character thing doesn't even bother me now, but the fact that I plugged a couple enemies with what should've been head shots and they were still coming is fuckin' ridiculous.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess I'm gonna be returning the mint/complete copy of Fallout 3 I picked up during the Power Saver sale while it's still during the 7 day return period since I finally got around to trying it out last night and now I remember why I hated the frickin' game the last time I had it.

If you try playing it like a shooter, you get shot to pieces while trying to kill enemies. The no voiceover for your character thing doesn't even bother me now, but the fact that I plugged a couple enemies with what should've been head shots and they were still coming is fuckin' ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Ya I really wish they had the shooting mechanics of borderlands. VATS was cool for like the first 15-20 guys but afterwards it was just tedious.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']it's only been going on for like 6 weeks.[/QUOTE]
i know dude, but usually this kinda promotion is still goin on for when the game is out.

Welp I ended up getting $33.75 ($25 base value) for my Crackdown 2, but the computer wouldn't take just WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2010 towards the "save $40 on Madden" deal. Guess I'll be parting with my Left 4 Dead 2 tomorrow when I go in to town, so the game will be paid off and then some.

[quote name='rentacop']Ya I really wish they had the shooting mechanics of borderlands. VATS was cool for like the first 15-20 guys but afterwards it was just tedious.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. VATS was annoying after the first 5-6 guys for me.

so is this like the email you get when you are banned from gamestop.com or is my info/address just messed up?

'
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

We sincerely apologize, however in regards to your recently placed order we have run into an issue; as it seems that our verification server is unable to accept your information.

We encourage you for future purchases, to consider shopping at your local GameStop, as they do not have the same verification server as we do online.

If you need the address, phone number or operation hours for a local store, please feel free to use the Store Locator option on our web page at http://www.gamestop.com/StoreLocator.aspx .

Our website is setup to allow almost all orders to be placed but once this is done the order goes through a rigorous verification process to prevent potential fraud and most importantly protect our online customers.

Best Regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent '

[quote name='Velo214']so is this like the email you get when you are banned from gamestop.com or is my info/address just messed up?

'
Dear Customer,

We sincerely apologize, however in regards to your recently placed order we have run into an issue; as it seems that our verification server is unable to accept your information.

We encourage you for future purchases, to consider shopping at your local GameStop, as they do not have the same verification server as we do online.

If you need the address, phone number or operation hours for a local store, please feel free to use the Store Locator option on our web page at http://www.gamestop.com/StoreLocator.aspx .

Our website is setup to allow almost all orders to be placed but once this is done the order goes through a rigorous verification process to prevent potential fraud and most importantly protect our online customers.

Best Regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent '[/QUOTE]Probably. Were you ordering multiple copies? I've heard some people say that if they order at least 2 copies of a game they sometimes get banned.

nope. only thing i can think of was that i was using codes for specials(15%off the 2 pack cabela's) and preorders(lucky7 on sly and 15%off cod black ops) oh wells...
i might try to reorder the same things, no codes but saver, and then emailing [email protected] and have them try to manually enter code/discounts even tho they are expired maybe i can tell them my sob story and cut a deal.

GBA:
donkey kong country 3 $3.00
Crash Superpack $2.25
Crash Bandicoot Huge Adventure $2.25
Dr. Mario (Classic NES) $2.75
Mario vs. Donkey Kong $3.75
Super Mario Advance 4 $6.75
GBA SP system $15.00

DS
Sonic Rush $3.50

question:

I was planning on trading my old 360 pro jasper hdmi unit for a new slim. part of the reason i want to do so is that it sometimes gives me the open tray error where the dvd drive doesnt kick on and thusly wont play the game. how do the employees check the systems when they come in for trade? will this be an issue? im not going to bother trading it in for $20..

[quote name='TLFerrill']question:

I was planning on trading my old 360 pro jasper hdmi unit for a new slim. part of the reason i want to do so is that it sometimes gives me the open tray error where the dvd drive doesnt kick on and thusly wont play the game. how do the employees check the systems when they come in for trade? will this be an issue? im not going to bother trading it in for $20..[/QUOTE]

They plug the system in, power it on, and see if the system reads a game. Then they will play it for a little bit (depending on who you get, say, 3-7 minutes) and make sure it doesn't RROD.

[quote name='TLFerrill']question:

I was planning on trading my old 360 pro jasper hdmi unit for a new slim. part of the reason i want to do so is that it sometimes gives me the open tray error where the dvd drive doesnt kick on and thusly wont play the game. how do the employees check the systems when they come in for trade? will this be an issue? im not going to bother trading it in for $20..[/QUOTE]

I just wouldn't bother trading it in at all if you know it's busted...

What's up with that tiered trade deal that was mentioned on the front page? Do we know if it's going into effect this week since all these current deals are ending sunday, or is it just tentative?

[quote name='Ravenous']It hasnt even been confirmed that ICO/SOTC will come out on PS3, why on earth would you get rid of them?[/QUOTE]

It will. If it doesn't, I'll eat a baby.

Thanks for the Goozex tip, I'll check that out before worrying about GS or eBay.

Refresh my memory: if I trade in a YLOD PS3 60GB, I'll get $120 after refurb fees, but will I get the $12 for edge?

[quote name='dabamus']Refresh my memory: if I trade in a YLOD PS3 60GB, I'll get $120 after refurb fees, but will I get the $12 for edge?[/QUOTE]

No, edge does not apply on systems.

Ok, thanks. And does anyone know what the refurb fee on a 40GB would be if it isn't working? Is it the same as in the OP with the $200 deal going on?

Took my 20GB launch model to Gamestop today and got my $200 in store credit. Haven't played my PS3 much since I got my 360 in November. Most of my friends are online on the 360. $200 in store credit paid off and reserved my copy of Black Ops. Plus got $33 in cash for some really old games and a controller. Good deal, that PS3 was near the brink of death lol.

I don't know if this is a NYC thing (like how PS3 are getting more than $200 during the PS3 trade-in promo), but I traded in my xbox 360 with wireless controller and received $90 in credit today.

[quote name='dabamus']Ok, thanks. And does anyone know what the refurb fee on a 40GB would be if it isn't working? Is it the same as in the OP with the $200 deal going on?[/QUOTE]

Refurb fee is $35, I believe.

I did the Crackdown 2 promotion yesterday and traded in Rabbids Go Home and Boom Blox Bash Party and the guy said Boom Blox came off the list but he still gave me the promotion anyway. For some reason they came to $22 each, and I didn't even use Edge.

[quote name='realskillz']for the people who traded in thier 360 recently how much can i expect to get for my 20gb halo edition 360.[/QUOTE]

Core unit + wireless controller - $50
20 GB HD - $10

Looking at 60 bucks going off the trade-in values from the front page

[quote name='Velo214']so is this like the email you get when you are banned from gamestop.com or is my info/address just messed up?

'
Dear Customer,

Best Regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent '[/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me whenever I decided to add another debit card to my account and the computer freaks out now when I try to order something. You shouldn't worry about it, just call them and ask, they may be able to fix it, maybe not. They weren't able to fix mine and I just ended up having to create another account.

Welp, got Madden '11 paid off and then some.

:360: Crackdown 2 - $25 base + 25% power trade + 10% EDGE = $33.75
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 - $11 base + $9 promo + 10% EDGE = $21.10
:360: WWE Smackdown 2010 - $12 base + $8 promo + 10% EDGE = $21.20

Got $11.11 leftover, and might use it to re-buy a new Left 4 Dead 2 (with $10 off coupon code) for $8.88-ish since I just wanted the TIV to use on Madden.

Not by the information in the 1st post, but it has been known to happen for a District or Store Manager to place their own minimum value requirement on it. It seems to be rare for that to happen but it does happen sometimes.

I'm on my way to Gamestop now to trade in a stack of older games. Should be able to get over 100 for all the games. Good deal I think. Beats having to deal with the hassle that is Ebay.

I've beaten a lot of the games I picked up a few weeks ago, debating on trading those in but most of them would benefit from trading in during a bonus $10 promo. One of those may be a while before it shows up again though.

:ps3: Killzone 2 $5.00

Unfortunately I am not quite willing to part with a lot of my games right now. Maybe I can complete some second playthroughs before the tiered trade ends.

Some trade ins: (BASE)

:ps3: PS3:
God of war collection - $8.00
Demon's Souls - $11.00

:360: 360:
Dark Void - $3
Midnight Club LA (standard) - $7
Tony Hawk Ride w/ Board - $12
Headset (wired) - $5
Wireless 360 Controller - $12.75

:wii: Wii:
LOZ: Twilight Princess - $11

If you trade in one game you get a bonus 10%, if you trade in 3 games you get a bonus 20% on all 3 games, and if you trade 5 or more you get an extra 30% on all the games you trade in.

360:
Red Dead Redemption $24.00 (Edge: 33.60)
Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 $25.00 (Edge:35.00)
PS3:
Heavy Rain $16.00 (Edge: $22.40)
FIFA WC South Africa $16.00 (Edge:$22.40)
Tiger Woods 2011 $18.00 (Edge:$25.20)

All PS3:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $23 ($32.20 with edge and 30%)
Fallout 3 - $5 ($7 with promo)
Final Fantasy 13 - $15 ($21 with promo)
God of War 3 - $10 ($14 with promo)
Red Dead Redemption - $24 ($33.60 with promo)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $6 ($8.40 with promo)

Total- $116.20

Not bad, only bad thing the clerk didn't have any idea of the promo.

[quote name='JP']If you trade in one game you get a bonus 10%, if you trade in 3 games you get a bonus 20% on all 3 games, and if you trade 5 or more you get an extra 30% on all the games you trade in.[/QUOTE]

Doesn this mean I got 60% bonus for each of the five game if I trade 5 games? Thanks.

It's a tiered trade, not a stacking trade. One, and I'm assuming a second, game will get you 10% extra. Three, and I'm assuming four, games get you 20%. Five games and higher will get you 30%. I really can't make it any clearer than that.

Also, updated lists and database.

do you guys know if you can get the 30% tiered trade offer combine with the power trade 25% toward halo reach plus my edge card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back